• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
@Void: I already did say it to you in person lol I said it to everyone...way to be deaf scrub

And iirc I won that 2/3 set against KillaWhale lol He only played me three times. The first match was Kirby64 Jiggs vs Marth so if you've never seen that match up before on that stage...it's usually the Jiggs that will win simply because Marth has no kill moves on her that will work until ~150% If you're lucky you can get a SideB to Utilt but that'll only work on her if she is on the ground and shielding and not expecting it. Peach is hard to gimp too so no Johns about the gimping people part. It's hard to gimp Sheik too. You use them both lol why are you johning about getting gimped? You either have to really suck or you're just playing someone who is just way too good to be playing you in the first place. And now I'm just assuming you have your terms mixed up so here they are for you the idiot's way.

Gimps = Low Kill percentages I've been recently losing my ability to do this since I'm focusing more on actually fighting since more and more people are becoming used to getting ***** I mean gimped.

Edgeguard = Keeping you off the edge. I do this pretty dam well

If you want to Pride Match me to see who is better in the end then let's do it Void. I'll understand if you back down though. Most n00bs do and the n00bs that do accept it lose it anyway.

@ everyone who sucks: All of you should know by now that I suck midstage so make me come to you. And don't let me force you to the edge otherwise you are just as screwed.

@Dawn: Where near Jake's house? If it's near his house then that's a little far...but if it's around like KillaWhale's house then that isn't so bad. Give us more info and then we'll decide on how many of us can do it.

If you won't play friendlies to win then how will you play seriouslies to win? Unless it's obvious between both players that one sucks so much more than the other then you shouldn't be sandbagging because they might have a chance at you in the end. You won't know what stages to ban against me how I play what characters I might use or anything.

And I talk that much trash because no one it is competitive enough. I'm not playing this game for friends and hanging out. I already have those. I'm only here for the competition and since all of Houston sucks at being competitive then why even bother. This is why I tried to quit. I'm tired of everyone inviting me to play and then throwing a fit about getting as ***** because they suck at this game. Choose someone else? Change your fighting style? Ask someone else to play with you if you don't want to lose your self-esteem?

Dawn was persistent enough and kept asking me to play so I did. Go figure this is what happens. Why don't you actually practice this game before you start complaining about how I suck since I can't actually play because all I do is gimp your dumb ***? The people who really are into the game don't complain it's not frustrating to them. They get over it and find new ways to play against me.

Why can't y'all do the same thing? Go research your fights, go practice your technical skill, stop playing on instinct and start thinking about what you're going to do. I promise you that out of all the things I do only about 15% of what I do is unique. What does this mean? You can go look at what things have been done and learn from whoever got ***** by it. Stop saying that gimping is a stupid easy skill. If it's so easy then why don't you try it? Because the game isn't fun when you do it? Then stop asking me to play with you if you want to have fun. Go turn items on or something if you want that. Go ask crappy players to play with you who you know you'll beat. I'm tired of practicing to just be talked down when my practice pays off. I won't dull my skills just so you can have fun and win everyone once in a while.

It's like you're expecting to be good at this game just by sitting there and playing it. That's just like "Oh, I'm going to get smarter if I go to school!" Just because you are apart of something doesn't mean you're getting something from it. If you want to get better go ****ing learn the game practice and start thinking. Learn from your mistakes. Gabe was amazing at thinking his things through that's why I couldn't ever gimp him. He had enough experience to see what possible set ups could be done and how to avoid them. And I don't have enough experience to actually fight him normally. That's why he's the one that I am scared to fight in tournament. Everyone else pretty much plays the same way so I don't need to re-adapt too much. Although Jake's Falco did have a nice surprise waiting for me.

Too summarize this all up for the lazy people...

Do not play me unless you intend on playing me with all your heart and a will to learn and get better.

I shouldn't have to tell people this who voluntarily get on this website to find others who will play with them. Actually this is probably why the best never get on because all the players here suck and just want to have fun. The best are the best because they want to compete against one another.

EDIT: When I do trashtalk I don't mean any of it. It's just something I say while I am sitting there playing the game because sitting in a room full of guys quietly taking turns to play a game is the dumbest thing in the world. And like I said before, beat me badly enough to get me to shut up. Winning a fight every so often isn't going to get me to shut up. When I talk I don't concentrate so if I'm losing most of the time I need to concentrate on what I do so I'll stop losing. Simple way to get me to shut up isn't it?

Jake13

Smash Lord
syba that was too much to read.

next time i see you...

im either going to stop sandbagging when i play you or gimp you every life, you're choice.

lets play some meleeeeeeee

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Do both if you can. But I doubt it since you suck soo much =P

Tomorrow Jake! Let's play then. How late can you play until? Starting at 5 isn't too bad

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
yo sybaby way to write a essay..........seriously who is gonna read that?.... blah blah i suck by: sybawave should summerize this nonsence!!!!!......you john too much lol.......the reason why we were so quite playing melee is because frankly your a buzz kill,no fun and not funny, usualy we are laughing and having a good time when your not there!!!!!!

anyways!...............has anyone talked to xzalla lately,xzalla we need to play!!!!!!answer your phone!!!!

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
friendlies are supposed to be friendly. the whole point of a friendly is that i can play smash completely stress-free, thus i'm able to think more clearly, improve my game in general, and have fun. when people take friendlies too seriously and use them to try to see who's better, it makes friendlies not very much fun at all. save the "proving yourself" **** for tournaments.

seriously though syba, props on becoming one of the best players in houston, but you aren't THE best, not at all. also, keep in mind that the reason you are as good as you are now is from playing me all the time.

"peach doesn't die" = john
"mouf doesn't die" = fact

anyways, smash at my house tomorrow for whoever wants to drive down here. text me tomorrow, i get outta class at 3:30

also, dawn i'm totally down for any melee venue. just let me know when and where and i'll try to show up

Sybawave

Smash Ace
James' house? That sounds like a plan...a dam good one lol

And pfft it's from those lvl 9 practice sessions. They'd kick your *** James

And she doesn't die lol M2k agrees with me

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
1 week left. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I cant wait. This will probably be the best Test Your Skills so far. We have some many Money matches its crazy. Melee will be super hyped. Lets get this green paper...:chuckle:

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Since you dont have work, upload my videos ive been waiting on for 2 years. You "PROMISED" at tys 5 you would do it. your word is silver right now. :mad:
Ok, so here's the deal...
*approaching john*
I'd do it now, but the file is on my external harddrive which is upstairs in the baby's room right now. She's asleep, so if I go in there to get it, she would wake up cuz she sleeps light. So I guess I'll leave a little note on my laptop so that I'll remember it in the morning.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's horrible lol you manage to put up videos of Mouf getting ***** but you can't put those videos up that you've had and have been reminded about numerous times onto youtube? xD

And see...now that was a freakin' fun smashfest lol too good guys...too dam good =P too bad I still won the majority! Actually I think it was pretty even lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
=P

Dawn, put up those combo video material videos kthx!

We had some legit footage lol except the fights between Jake and James lol those were too full of mindgames =P good fights though.

Every fight Dawn is in is combo video material T.T

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Stop SDing lol or getting too close to the edge to where you get pushed off when you try to do a Dsmash and end up doing some laggy aerial attack

Jake13

Smash Lord
i really don't think a car accident is peaceful enough to be considered "passing away". a sad event either way.

dude we're all getting hella better in smash bc we keep playing each other.

lets keep it up, i've got finals week, then break! smashtastic!

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I wanna go to a melee fest!

Im getting better guys, I dont think ima get last place at hobo 21 =]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't forget Hobo 21 this weekend!

Velox

Smash Ace
Well, I came into class and started shielding, and then this test just wavedashed into me and just jostled me off a nearby chasm. I was so surprised I just couldn't recover fast enough.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD that sucks lol

JERMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Come play smash with us xD get a ride over to us some how...use magic.

I just got done playing with Dawn and Void lol GG guys gg

And yeah....there's a huge spike in our activity levels lol well at least for James Jake KillaWhale Dawn Void and me. Where the rest of you at? scrubs lol don't want to get ***** or what?

Oh and sorry about that random post of nes n00b. I was going to say something else but I got caught up because I was watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hCFxps37Q

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
yo jerm we got a score to settle, dk vs yl 5$ 3/5 get ready. i'm pretty excited for hobo21, i know i say this everytime but...i'm winnin dis one guyz. and for god's sake LET'S DO TEAMS

i didn't know who nes noob was but that really sucks, car wrecks are the worst, especially when it's caused by a drunk driver. i'd rather not talk about all that in this thread though.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just thought you all should know we lost a great melee player that could've been one of the best. He was right up there taking Hbox and those other kids in central out and stuff.

You ain't redy 4 dis moof! I'm at least going to take you out. Gimping you every one of your lives. Dude we need to play. I'm done Thursday lol so I can play Wednesday after the final test.

and LOL! JAMES IS HANDING OUT FREE MONEY!!!

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Just let me know where you guys are playing.

I drive syba, so I can go pretty much anywhere =]

And yes, i accept mouth. Also, can you teach me peach? xD.. she's gonna be one of my 3 mains.

Top Bottom