• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

G@BE

Smash Lord
hey guys

I wont be able to do anything. I have a language lesson this weekend on saturday at 5.

Next weekend will be good.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
if we had the smashfest next weekend, who all would be able to come? (not guaranteed, i have to see if i can get off at work)

edit: also, i have to say something...

HOBO20 is coming up and of course there's gonna be melee again

we keep saying that melee isn't a dead game, and plenty of people still play it obviously. well, if it's not a dead game, THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET 8 TEAMS FOR DOUBLES? or ever even a decent amount of people to enter singles? i'm sick of coming to melee tournies, expecting a good solid tourney like old times, and seeing everybody backing out of doubles or even singles because they "know they'll lose". whatever happened to competition? i started out being beyond horrible (emergency tourney lol), getting ***** by bear, oscar, tgm, gabe, sethlon, side effect, everybody, and i can now say with confidence i'm one of the best melee players here. this is because i entered tournies, i strived to figure out why i was sucking, and i fixed it. this didn't come with practice really, it came with playing at the tournies and smashfests, working on my game when i could. i don't have melee.

so basically what i'm trying to say is, if we REALLY think melee isn't dead, then let's ****ing show up to hobo20 and have a great melee tournie, doubles and singles, and show everybody what's up with houston smash. cmon guys...there are PLENTY of melee players in houston, good melee players at that, the only problem is it seems like most of the people here aren't very competitive and unmotivated. step it up houston. NOW.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We could get 8 teams easily the thing was that Melee teams was not supposed to be there so no one was ready to form teams...

We HAVE to tell people on the boards ahead of time so that they can: 1. Know that teams is going to be there 2. Decide who they are going to team with before hand 3. Bring enough money to do teams.

I know 3 people who didn't enter teams because they didn't have the money to back it up. I know even more who didn't know teams could've happened. The only people who were planning on teams to happen was the Houston players. I mean we did have like what? 26 players entered into singles? 13 teams right there. And I don't think there was anyone who wasn't good enough to not be discouraged in entering so I mean there was at least a 10 team possibility

And...I am unmotivated =/ As long as I know I can own you all, I can't force myself to be any better =P

Next weekend would be a good time. I can make that one lol I have to go to a party tomorrow too.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
also, just to let yall know, this place has a ping pong table in case anybody wants to get wrecked in ping pong as well (i'm accepting money matches any amount in ping pong)

edit: and a water fountain in case you smashers get thirsty ;P

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i'll see if i can get off next weekend, i should know by tomorrow. so yeah, also we got a fridge and **** if you wanna bring drinks and stuff

note: i may be drinking a few beers, if you're uncomfortable with that, don't come. if i can get off next weekend i'll post the address and stuff

jake i guarantee you'll lose in ping pong ;) i'm raw son

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I'm not going then =/
lol you serious? i've smoked a joint in front of you before, then played you right afterwards. when i say i might be drinking (keyword might, i probably won't even) i don't mean i'm going to get hammered (that'd lessen the already brutal **** thats in store for all participants), i mean i'd be having a few beers. it's not a big deal dude

edit: coda...i don't know you or how good you are but basically if you want to play with the best and coolest players in houston, then yeah it's worth the drive

also, poot, that's a very good idea. i propose we do 1$ teams at the next tournament if not enough people want to enter. whenever i'm trying to convince people to enter teams, i'm HONESTLY not doing it just because i'd have a chance at winning money, i'm doing it because i love competition and i miss real melee tournaments :(

Velox

Smash Ace
I'm gunna try 'n score some coke! (like a boss) and bring that..

heh, jk.

Syba, alcohol really bothers you that much? Trust me, it's not a big deal, like really, the only problems you ever run into are idiot high schoolers trying to be cool at a party or something. I'm sure everyone there will be able to handle it..

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm gunna try 'n score some coke! (like a boss) and bring that..

heh, jk.

Syba, alcohol really bothers you that much? Trust me, it's not a big deal, like really, the only problems you ever run into are idiot high schoolers trying to be cool at a party or something. I'm sure everyone there will be able to handle it..
*is in high school*

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
I dont suck or anything. at least I dont think so lol
Mkay now all Id have to is convince my brother to take me
It would be so fun playing against other peoplesssss=)

Armada is beast

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i'm requesting off saturday, and i'm gonna make sure it's okay with my buddy drew that we have it at his house

mouf is beast

Velox

Smash Ace
lol gabe

*is in high school*
heh, u know what I meant :p You're in a great place of observance to see this effect then :laugh:

I've had a taste for European smash for years now, I'm surprised it took America as a whole so long to realize how good Europe actually is.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Armada is overrated he sucks so much.

XD Wow I thought you all knew me well enough to know I was being completely sarcastic in that post about the alcohol =P

And I'll be the best on there though but you can play with these scrubs and work your way up to me

Top Bottom