• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Half your post was a John...is that a new record?

And I keylogged your computer? Lol I can see everything that you do on youtube. Each time you favorite a video, like it, or comment on it. I know everything you do..

Not really. It just happens when you add someone on Youtube as a friend. If they don't turn off the options on their account, then we can see all of the things that they do. Well, the things that are public on youtube we can see.

It comes up in the All Activities section on youtube. It really sucks when you have a friend who loves to comment/post/like/favorite videos all day. It used to spam it all the way down your page lol now they group it up by actions for that user. Makes everything a lot easier on me T.T

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Von, I need you to tell me what your address is. >__>;

And about what time do you want us to show up at your house?

Actually, just call me if you can. I have quite a few questions.

Popertop

Smash Champion
If any of you guys are interested or in the area,
my class voice recital is on May 4th.

We'll be doing opera scenes from The Marriage of Figaro, Don Giovanni, and Cosi Fan Tutti.

It starts at 7pm in the music building at San Jacinto College Central.
I think it's going to be about an hour, maybe a little less.

8060 Spencer Hwy
Pasadena, TX 77505

It's free, so please stop by if you want to hear me sing, or if you like opera.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
If any of you guys are interested or in the area,
my class voice recital is on May 4th.

We'll be doing opera scenes from The Marriage of Figaro, Don Giovanni, and Cosi Fan Tutti.

It starts at 7pm in the music building at San Jacinto College Central.
I think it's going to be about an hour, maybe a little less.

8060 Spencer Hwy
Pasadena, TX 77505

It's free, so please stop by if you want to hear me sing, or if you like opera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

Sybawave

Smash Ace
^^LOL! =P Sixteen Houstonians ended up coming

Now to give them all shout outs. Some of them don't even check the boards but still, might as well do it.

Rice kids because they brought the lady and ladies first so,

Hannah - Nice of you to tell us what you were thinking about me T.T And I'm still waiting for you to Wobble me xD you have quite a few people scared about it.

Alex (AKA Slanty eyed kid from Rice U) - Your Falcon was surprisingly good lol I wasn't expecting you to be that good. I was sandbagging at first but then when I started to try, you still got some great combos on me lol I was scared at first but then I just remembered that all Marth has to do is Fthrow Fsmash. We had some hella good teams matches too. You have a nice character variety. You should think about using some other characters and not just Falcon to avoid getting ***** so much.

Gar - So I heard you beat our boy Kevin...good **** lol I also heard you beat Jesus Freak. Still good **** but not as good as the first. I can't believe y'all almost took us out of tournament in teams lol I mean we actually got legitimately scared towards the end on that last fight. You have a great Sheik. Sorry we had to take y'all out twice =/ I always hated it when that would happen to me with a passion.

Y'all Rice kids need to start contacting us more often and playing with us. We really want y'all to improve. Thanks for showing up to this tournament. Y'all did well ^_^

Next group lol Kingwood and friends.

Noc - I can't believe y'all still didn't go with Noc Noc as the team name...y'all could've taken first if you did =P I didn't play with you this time...at least I don't remember if I did or not lol then again it's like 7 am and I've been up for 19 hours T.T

Noc's Evil Twin (Josh) - Why are you so good <.< those team's matches were hella fun though xD sorry about WaveShinning you against the wall in that one match though...lol bull I'm not sorry in the least xD backstabbing is always ftw.

YCM - We didn't play at all =/ But I'm glad that I make you want to quit =D

Tree (Not Kingwood but you came with them) - You're so gooooood. I'm actually kind of afraid that I'll run into you in tournament =S you were definitely ****** the **** out of me in singles. Team Nothing but Johns is going to be the best team in Houston lololol

Next car/group,

I'll add more shout outs tomorrow. I'm ****ing tired as **** xD

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Von -- Maybe if I don't choke >.>

Tarzan -- It won't end the same next time.

YCM -- Somehow, your missiles hit me almost every time o.o. What's your real name again xD?

Rohan -- Thanks for housing us!

Tree -- Jeebus man. You play so well and then you choke. Calm down!

John -- Nothing but Johns is gonna ****. We did pretty good this time around too. You've improved a bunch, I feel like you're carrying me o.O

Clay -- 2 air mattresses, 4 guys. Thanks for dragging me along! I never got around to paying you for gas though. Remind me next I see you :p.

Josh -- Idk your tag name o.o. Your Ganon scares me.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Velox - You beat up a Luigi. I hope you're proud of yourself. But there is one thing you should be proud of and that's beating JF with Falco?? Lololol I thought they were just trolling me when they told me that. Good job picking up a non-existent character and beating someone with them in tournament. Copying my notes are we?

TSC - We wrecked. 'Nuff said. Good **** placing so high in singles unlike your teams partner T.T lol we got 3rd in teams...so happy. I would feel better about it had we played someone good to get there though. Next tournament, you need to beat me.

Cesar - We didn't play at all =/ MM'ing Axe takes balls though lol good attempt

Mike's car's turn xD

Jake - You suck for taking me out in tournament again. I've got nothing to say to you..oh wait, I placed higher than you in teams. Kdun. =P

Oscar - I didn't really talk to you all that much at this tournament lol

Mikey - You're getting too good lol I was watching your matches against Kevin's Marth and he was getting hella wrecked. Keep up the exponential growth yo

I think that that was everyone from Houston that went except for my car.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
^^LOL! =P Sixteen Houstonians ended up coming

Now to give them all shout outs. Some of them don't even check the boards but still, might as well do it.

Rice kids because they brought the lady and ladies first so,

Hannah - Nice of you to tell us what you were thinking about me T.T And I'm still waiting for you to Wobble me xD you have quite a few people scared about it.

Alex (AKA Slanty eyed kid from Rice U) - Your Falcon was surprisingly good lol I wasn't expecting you to be that good. I was sandbagging at first but then when I started to try, you still got some great combos on me lol I was scared at first but then I just remembered that all Marth has to do is Fthrow Fsmash. We had some hella good teams matches too. You have a nice character variety. You should think about using some other characters and not just Falcon to avoid getting ***** so much.

Gar - So I heard you beat our boy Kevin...good **** lol I also heard you beat Jesus Freak. Still good **** but not as good as the first. I can't believe y'all almost took us out of tournament in teams lol I mean we actually got legitimately scared towards the end on that last fight. You have a great Sheik. Sorry we had to take y'all out twice =/ I always hated it when that would happen to me with a passion.

Y'all Rice kids need to start contacting us more often and playing with us. We really want y'all to improve. Thanks for showing up to this tournament. Y'all did well ^_^

Next group lol Kingwood and friends.

Noc - I can't believe y'all still didn't go with Noc Noc as the team name...y'all could've taken first if you did =P I didn't play with you this time...at least I don't remember if I did or not lol then again it's like 7 am and I've been up for 19 hours T.T

Noc's Evil Twin (Josh) - Why are you so good <.< those team's matches were hella fun though xD sorry about WaveShinning you against the wall in that one match though...lol bull I'm not sorry in the least xD backstabbing is always ftw.

YCM - We didn't play at all =/ But I'm glad that I make you want to quit =D

Tree (Not Kingwood but you came with them) - You're so gooooood. I'm actually kind of afraid that I'll run into you in tournament =S you were definitely ****** the **** out of me in singles. Team Nothing but Johns is going to be the best team in Houston lololol

Next car/group,

I'll add more shout outs tomorrow. I'm ****ing tired as **** xD
i wasn't quite sure what we were doing in the 2nd teams set. i thought it was 2/3 and it ended already and we were just playing for fun afterwards, lol.

but yeah, alex, hannah, and i will all be in houston for the summer (me for the first half of summer at least). definitely looking forward to making it out to more events.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It was supposed to be 3/5 I think. We won the first two and then y'all won the second and then we had to try on match 5 <.<

Why wait until summer to hang out? Let's do it now yo lol

garrR

Smash Apprentice
It was supposed to be 3/5 I think. We won the first two and then y'all won the second and then we had to try on match 5 <.<

Why wait until summer to hang out? Let's do it now yo lol
finals week just started for us, so we're going to be pretty busy. i got a lot of stuff going on until i graduate on may 14th. after that though, i'm free to play as much as you want =P

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Sybawave: Update title with Test Your Skills Bar Fights 2 plz thx =]

Who all is bringing setups. The first 2 through the door gets there venue fee chopped in half to 4$ like last time. If enough hype is built we can probably have some out of towners come again.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Holy crap that was a hella quick response wtf xD I barely got to finish editing the OP before you posted.

We usually play wherever there is to play lol I'm one of the players who usually travels to other people to play so long as they don't live too ****ing far away cough Kingwood cough. I'll drive that far once in a while though.

So, wherever you want to play.

But remember, the OP has information of a few of our players about where they are, if they can travel, and contact information. We'll post things here about Smashfests and stuff though.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
WTH SYBAVON!! You'd drive 3-4 hours for Austin but not 45 minutes for Kingwood? You're such a troll XD! Oh, btw does Oscar have like a smashboards account or anything?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
He does but he never gets on it. Just talk to Jake and then the message'll get through to Oscar lol or just ask for his phone number next time you see him.

And hey, I said I'll drive up there some times. I just won't do it too frequently.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
You know what.... after thinking on that for a while I started getting these flashbacks on fox shines... and maybe you should stay in Houston D:

garrR

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap that was a hella quick response wtf xD I barely got to finish editing the OP before you posted.

We usually play wherever there is to play lol I'm one of the players who usually travels to other people to play so long as they don't live too ****ing far away cough Kingwood cough. I'll drive that far once in a while though.

So, wherever you want to play.

But remember, the OP has information of a few of our players about where they are, if they can travel, and contact information. We'll post things here about Smashfests and stuff though.
i'm going to be living at home so i probably can't have people over, but alex will be living at rice over the summer so that may be an option.

i'm also willing to drive a good distance to play, so location isn't a big deal to me.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
NCIS? lololol you did it too xD and you just came from that thread and you still spelled it wrong =P faillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I'm not that lazy lol I read all of the shout outs lol I check it regularly =P

And Rice is pretty much in the middle of town so there won't be too much of a drive for you, Gar.

Lol my little pony...Foster's Home is where it's at.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
NICS? lololol you did it to xD and you just came from that thread and you still spelled it wrong =P faillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I'm not that lazy lol I read all of the shout outs lol I check it regularly =P

And Rice is pretty much in the middle of town so there won't be too much of a drive for you, Gar.
i live in alief though, which is southwest houston lol.

Top Bottom