• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
It's more than ten a day for food fool. And I already knew you wouldn't make it llol

Jf when will you know if you're going?

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
I was actually thinking about going to Genesis in California this coming summer.

Sybawave said:
Saturday UoH 4 pm smashfest guys.
I'd say keep in on the down low (we're playing in me and Derek's wee dorm room), but lol, nobody is going to show up anyway.

We have recording software now too if we're interested in recording matches too btw (that works this time, not the crappy IT1 WMM stuff..)

dawn001

Smash Ace
I was actually thinking about going to Genesis in California this coming summer.

I'd say keep in on the down low (we're playing in me and Derek's wee dorm room), but lol, nobody is going to show up anyway.

We have recording software now too if we're interested in recording matches too btw (that works this time, not the crappy IT1 WMM stuff..)
I'll probably can.. So what's up?!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Jake, as soon as I have a job and some money saved haha. I'd like to go to a few tourneys this coming year. Pound and Genesis being at the top of the list.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD next time tell me when to keep it low or if there are restrictions on the number of people that may attend the Smashfest.

How many people could show up?

Jake13

Smash Lord
Jf that sounds good. if you end up going just lemme know and i'll add you on our room.

i can show up to uh on sat, but it'd be me plus one or two. so if not that many ppl or set ups then i might just kick it at my crib yadigg

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Yo who's going to pound 5?

im buying my ticket in two weeks, it's gonna be around 200 dollars with tax n errthang.

the more ppl in one room the cheaper :) we're looking at 36 dollars a night for four peeps.

EXPENSES: ($$)

110 - for three nights (for four people in one room)

200 - flight (roundtrip)

50 - all entry (venue fee, singles and doubles)

10 - amateur buy (whatever pool you get knocked out in has it's own tourney)

40 - food estimate (a little more than ten bucks a day)

15 - random expenses (like if you forgot a toothbrush)

25 - beer money (yalready kno)

450 - total (everything you could ever need money wise for pound5)

I'm going. Oscar is going. Pawl said he was going. need more love.

oh yeah! its on FEBRUARY 19th, 20th and 21st
can u +1 me im down

i want to play this sat von come get!!!!!!!!!!!

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
Well, by my calculations we could theoretically fit everyone in the dorm room to play, but I'd rather play at Jake's if that's in the air (was that in the air Jake? heh) Also, so as not to screw you over Von, I can give you a ride to Jake's if you want (I have to pick Phillip up from Friendswood anyway.)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Which tourney, the one on the 9th? I'm probably not going to be there, but even if I was, Rayz is my teammate fo life. I'd be happy to team with you sometime though. Maybe if I go down to a Valley tourney.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This is taken from the AnimeFEST "Back Room" thread. Yeah, I posted it, however I should bring it to the attention of every Texas Melee thread to discuss internally.

Okay, I thought about it and came up with this compromise as far as Melee goes. I realized that it was hypocritical to neccessarly call Melee a dead game, however the numbers have taken a sharp decline since Brawl came on the MLG circuit this year. Compare it to what Street Fighter IV did to Third Strike and what Marvel vs Capcom 3 will do to Marvel 2 once it comes out in March. The old will give way to the young as the saying goes.

However I run into a problem. I lack any Gamecube/Wii titles that will justify buying 8 ASUS monitors exclusively for 8 Wiis.

I am willing to add Melee to the tournament list(I have a memory card that I think has all of the characters unlocked so we don't need to worry about that), however the trade off is that I am unwilling to work the tournament into a Daytime schedule.

So your choice is this, either have the game at the convention to play it at night, or not have the game at all.

By night I mean that tournament start time will be about 11 PM, I think that will be one hour before the rave.

Other tournaments that will be during night time hours will be HDR, Marvel 2 Low Tier, a game mode of Medal of Honor, Halo Reach and duplicate tournaments of Super Street Fighter IV and others.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Could you give us more details on where/when this Animefest will take place? We may need to know that information before deciding to tell you to have Melee to make sure that we're not just wasting your time.

Top Bottom