• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Test Your Skills 12 is finally here and ready to go. Reminder to everyone tomorrow. Please bring setups/games/sticks/controllers. I have the venue till 2am so you all can do as many money matches and casuals as you want. I will be starting all tournaments on time so get to the venue as early as possible to get some games in before the tournament. Some things has changed so follow these directions. When you enter into funplex. Pay the venue fee at the door and sign in on the paper they have. Entry fee will be collected inside the room we will be in. Once you are done, you will receive a wristband. If you dont have a wristband on you will not COME IN the venue. Once you have that, go up the stairs and take a right then left. Walk all the way down until you see a hallway and make a left. We are inside the building to the right. Casuals start at 12noon and tournaments start at 2pm so everyone, BE ON TIME! Now that has been said, If anybody needs to contact me, text me or call me at 281-690-0315. See everyone tomorrow...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ok shout outs time =D

James, good job with our matches lol nearly ***** my Falco in that last one. Keep practicing lol

Broly, that first set was too intense for me xD good games though lol that second one wow I don't even remember it lol happened to quick <_<;;

I don't remember who I played after Broly...Jake xD that was it lol I hate you.

After Jake was Fro I think xD sorry if I skipped someone in there. Good teams matches man lol I thought we did pretty well with no prior experience with one another lol good tournament matches too lol

MT, we didn't play but good job taking out Oscar lol now if only you could take me out.

Noc, best Falcon ever.

TSC, Broly was pretty easy to beat wasn't he??? Yeah, give me crap about that again I dare you xD

Treeeeee, good stuff as always lol I thought you lived like way out east between Houston and LA. If you're not that far and around Sugar Land we could come to you some time and play.

Tarzan, good teams matches xD and what is with you and always choosing an Asian to be on your team? I mean other than the fact that we're just amazing like that, is there a different reason?

I can't remember who all else was there that I played lol but good matches to y'all xD

Ok so I don't remember how many entrants there were and I don't remember the placements very well either so y'all need to help me out with this if you can. And please post all of the characters that you used in tournament as well.

Singles (12?)

1. Broly
2. JakeXIII
3. Vash
4. ???

Teams (5)

1. ???
2. ???
3. Fro + Sybawave
4. Tarzan + MT
5. Noc + failfalconmain (TSC)

Yeah, my knowledge of who placed where ends there xD

Jake13

Smash Lord
1. broly
2. jake
3. vash
4. syba
5. mt

n iono from there

teams

1 broly n vash
2 jake n oscar

shouts!

Broly: good **** your spacing is scary. cant wait to play again. bring da whole crew next time n we'll crew battle at IT fosho

Vash: too good. loved the falco dittos. see you in two weeks! also we gotta play friendlies next time fareal

mt: you're getting better... but also more azn so iono how you wanna take that.

syba: can't get any more azn

noc: you're so good quit sandbagging

tsc: close matches this time!

chris: glad you came down again. we didn't play this time

magic: fun bowser

fro: nice fro jk we didn't play but we should have

tak: you're better than you let on

tarzan: you gotta get your own controller foo. we didn't play lol

oscar: get ***** jk luv u jk ur a homo

jake: quit being so sexy ;)

smash next week. SHODO

Broly

Smash Lord
TOO GOOD OF A TOURNY

Jake- Nice Sets we had. i was having to play pretty gay for those lasers, but ggs. We need to get some more friendlies tho.

Syba- Nice taking me to losers, i need to practice on FoD more. ggs

Oscar- We never played friendlies. Sorry, i was too tired at the end. IT2 fo sho.

TSC- great falcon. hope to see you in 2 weeks.

Tarzan- ggs. we'll play some friendlies soon

MT- nice set with you in tourny. i was a lil nervous, your fox is fast.

SEE EVERYONE IN 2 WEEKS

MT_

Smash Ace
I THINK it was something like this:

5. MT
5. Fro
7. TSC
7. Oscar

Then I'm not sure from there... Jake wtf you had the brackets and stuff but no results? Lol fail TO =P

Broly - Good set man. First match was pretty close but you had me all figured out second match and freaking ***** me haha. More friendlies next time! Good **** on first. Also, next time teach me how2marth dawg. My Marth needs major tips! pun intended

Jake - Sorry I was rushing you the whole tourney haha but seriously needed to go. It was getting late bro! And good **** on second.

Vash - Wow you ***** me so hard in our set like I don't even know....lol ggs though we should get friendlies in next time.

Syba - Man sooooo hype when you took Broly out of winners holy ****. Goooood **** on that man. Also good **** on beating Fro (i think?)

MT - you suck dawg get better stop choking

Fro - Glad I didn't run into you in bracket haha you would have obliterated me probably. Good friendlies though!

Oscar - Hey man close set. Kinda sucked at the SDs last match but I know you could have won just as easily. Fun friendlies, nice doc!

TSC - Fun friendlies as always.

Noc - I always meet you in tournament haha... I guess this time it was kind of my fault but there was seriously no way I was going to play Tak first round. Anyways, the set was much closer this time! I was honestly nervous playing you. Good **** man, you've been getting better.

Tarzan - Fun teams dude (we got so *****!!). Get your own controller dawg!! And fun friendlies haha. Hey since I teamed with you here I think I'm going to see if I can team with someone else at IT2 (if I go). You know, experience other partners. Don't take it personally, haha just want to try different teammates.

Chris - Fun friendlies. Your Falco is pretty technically solid, you just need more experience playing with others to get better. Get in touch with the Houston scene man (if you haven't already)! Not just at tournaments.

Magic? - Bowser player i think? I never got to play friendlies with you =( but good **** on playing a good bowser dude.

Tak - Good stuff entering brackets and taking a match off of that newb *** Von kid. And giving me a ride. Lol.

Fun tourney. Our turnout is getting bigger every time. Hopefully next TYS will have more! (But I probably won't make it... too much traveling out of Austin during school...unless the TYS is on Thanksgiving or some ****)

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Ok shout outs time =D

James, good job with our matches lol nearly ***** my Falco in that last one. Keep practicing lol

Broly, that first set was too intense for me xD good games though lol that second one wow I don't even remember it lol happened to quick <_<;;

I don't remember who I played after Broly...Jake xD that was it lol I hate you.

After Jake was Fro I think xD sorry if I skipped someone in there. Good teams matches man lol I thought we did pretty well with no prior experience with one another lol good tournament matches too lol

MT, we didn't play but good job taking out Oscar lol now if only you could take me out.

Noc, best Falcon ever.

TSC, Broly was pretty easy to beat wasn't he??? Yeah, give me crap about that again I dare you xD

Treeeeee, good stuff as always lol I thought you lived like way out east between Houston and LA. If you're not that far and around Sugar Land we could come to you some time and play.

Tarzan, good teams matches xD and what is with you and always choosing an Asian to be on your team? I mean other than the fact that we're just amazing like that, is there a different reason?

I can't remember who all else was there that I played lol but good matches to y'all xD

Ok so I don't remember how many entrants there were and I don't remember the placements very well either so y'all need to help me out with this if you can. And please post all of the characters that you used in tournament as well.

Singles (12?)

1. Broly
2. JakeXIII
3. Vash
4. ???

Teams (5)

1. ???
2. ???
3. Fro + Sybawave
4. Tarzan + MT
5. Noc + failfalconmain (TSC)

Yeah, my knowledge of who placed where ends there xD
Hahahaha yeah the falcons didn't do so well in teams. Thanks for being an *** syba :laugh:. Il do shotouts later....

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Winning matches in tourney would have been sweet but I definitely had fun. Great to see and play the houston melee crew + MT again. Good sh** on the upsets Matt and Von. It was rly fun teaming with you Luciano, we were so close to beating Broly+Vash! Also, fun friendlies Magic (your bowser and master hand are too good), Fro, Vash, Tree, and Chris. I should get in on more houston smashfests and maybe I will develop some consistency. Can't wait for IT2! :D

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What upsets? Everyone knew we would win those matches.

Houston smashfests? lolwut are you talking about? We don't have those xD go to the UH ones though lol we'll be there a lot from now on. We as in not me but everyone else.

You're lucky you didn't go Paul you would've gotten wrecked

Also, here's a fun fact. Since I was sick, I was not going to enter the tournament and I also did not have a team partner. Really happy that I did enter though ^_^

Can y'all at least tell me how many entrants we had this time around and who they all were so I can at least have their names down that they at least attended the tournament?

Jake13

Smash Lord
von you should look at all the people in my shoutouts.

maybe those are all the singles players.

context clues c'mon son.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I already listed them when I read your post but I wasn't sure if you had forgotten anyone. Learn to not assume. C'mon boi.

I remember there being 12 entrants but you said there were a few last minute entrants so I wasn't sure if the 12 was the original number or not.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
It was Fro vs Syba and MT_ vs Broly I think? Before that he played against Chris.
I played chris i think...He was the falco right? i guess since he got to you maybe he did get in front of me... my matches were
Fro-win
Jake-lost
Noc-win
Chris-win
broly-lost
:dizzy: Wow still amazed by syba v broly and MT v Oscar, you and MT had some good **** there :laugh:

whatever still had some of the best matches i have ever had, like my first match with jake was sooooooooooooo close!!! somehow abused that fro suicided as sheik and....well broly just kinda ***** me lol.

MT_

Smash Ace
I bet Jake just ****ed up losers bracket really hard. I'm trying to recall what happened and nothing is really making sense. Needs more tio.

MT_

Smash Ace
Just realized Jake didn't include Tarzan in his shoutouts. I'm pretty sure Tarzan entered bracket. Jake you're a dirty liar.

Jake13

Smash Lord
oscar*
bye---------- oscar
-------------------------------mt
mt*----------- mt*
noc
---------------------------------------------------vash
tarzan
chris* ------- chris
--------------------------------vash*
bye---------- vash*
vash*

broly*
bye---------- broly
--------------------------------syba
tak -----------syba*
syba*
---------------------------------------------------jake*
fro
tsc*----------- tsc
--------------------------------jake*
magic ----------jake*
jake*

^ that was winner's bracket. unless ppl wanna gimme their loser's bracket match i don't wanna recreate that bracket

* means that they won the set

also my shouts got fixd. sorry tman :(

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Each specific match would help me out because I don't know how half the tournament is ranked lol just up to 7th place and I think we're missing one of those places.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
i had 1st bye then tsc, syba, i lost. then i played tarzan, MT, Syba, Vash, and Jake.
Wait Broly do you have the order of your destruction down the losers Bracket?
And anyone else post their matches and if they won/lost, most disorganized tournament ever lol.... So who did MT lose too>?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
I beat Noc, Oscar, then lost to Vash. Then I lost to Broly.
See its kind of confusing because you beat Noc and Oscar and I beat fro, Noc and chris and I get 7th and you get 5th?....................................... So anyways who knocked out fro then? Jake?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Pfft whatever it sounds more epic that way. Like when you say you lost to Broly vs Broly finished you (Despite how easy you said he'd be)
hahahah true i did say that, but never believed it, only said it so you actually believed you could beat him, and you did! so it was suppose to bring you up not down XD Anyways gj on that win, almost beats 3 stocking Darkrain in friendlies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< that is a lie xD I didn't really remember anything about that it's a good thing Jake was there though lol man reminds me so much of a TKD tournament lololol people don't realize how much coaches help out.

Also, you lost one round earlier before MT did and that's why I think you placed lower?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
<_< that is a lie xD I didn't really remember anything about that it's a good thing Jake was there though lol man reminds me so much of a TKD tournament lololol people don't realize how much coaches help out.

Also, you lost one round earlier before MT did and that's why I think you placed lower?
Idk... for me it doesn't really make sense, I didn't think i would place under him but instead the same placement as him, Whatev, got knocked out by 2 legit players anyways, cant john bout' that.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Brb with the possible tournament outcome.

You didn't play Chris in tournament <_< or something went wrong because Fro took Chris out and then fought me unless it was you that he had to fight before you got to me.

MT_

Smash Ace
I think going further in winners puts you at an advantage and you have to play less matches to place further. Not sure though. Idk

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Brb with the possible tournament outcome.

You didn't play Chris in tournament <_< or something went wrong because Fro took Chris out and then fought me unless it was you that he had to fight before you got to me.
Wth, wasnt Chris the falco? Jake told me to play him XD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You played someone but it wasn't Chris.

Who played Fro before me? I am pretty sure that it was Chris because I remember myself going, dam...I have to play Fro =/ when I saw their match.

Anyway, I have the list ready now anyway except I need to know who was in dead last place.

1 Broly
2 Jake
3 Vash
4 Syba
5 MT
5 Fro
7 TSC
7 Chris
9 Tarzan
9 Oscar
9 Noc
9 Tak/Magic
13 Tak/Magic

I need help with those last ones

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
You played someone but it wasn't Chris.

Who played Fro before me? I am pretty sure that it was Chris because I remember myself going, dam...I have to play Fro =/ when I saw their match.

Anyway, I have the list ready now anyway except I need to know who was in dead last place.

1 Broly
2 Jake
3 Vash
4 Syba
5 MT
5 Fro
7 TSC
7 Chris
9 Tarzan
9 Oscar
9 Noc
9 Tak/Magic
13 Tak/Magic

I need help with those last ones
I am 100% sure i played chris dude, actually i am 130400302404% Anyways, does the last really matter? they might of both lost both times....

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Last place is just some unlucky person who got a **** placement lol I just don't want to give out a wrong rank andddd where did you play Chris? in losers or in winners?

Also, there is no way according to the tournament seeding that you could've played Chris off of what we know. That match never should've happened lol Jake stop using paper napkins. I might start bringing my computer for this crap if I'm not downloading pron on the day of the tournament.

Top Bottom