• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Just so you know, the SMASH SERIES is not a fighting game series. Its a party game that WE(the players) made competitive. Dont tell me you didnt know that.
Melee was accidentally perfect for competitive play, yes, I know that. The developers knew this as well, and wanted to change that. You can't compare the two in that same manner, one of the two was specifically designed to level the playing field between the skilled and the non-skilled.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I just say that Brawl gave us less means to use skill. The game still, obviously, has highly skilled players. However, I think they'd be able to express their talents better in a competitively designed game such as SSF4 or...I'm going to go out on a limb here.....MELEE

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
**** NO, why would we let some scrub stranger show up at our elite smashfests? You have some balls kid I admit, for even asking. But I think it would be best if you just went on your way bud.

MT_

Smash Ace
Haha I will have to prove you wrong Syba... Things are complicated for a youngster like me to go places. My parents still have a degree of control over what I'm allowed to do or not. To be honest, they didn't want me to go to your place if it was just going to be me and you for security reasons (meeting someone online; how do I know you're not just a creeper!!?) but a smashfest should be fine.

I'll see if I can find a friend to join me going to your place Syba and that should be OK with my parents (and hopefully it's OK with you too).

-Ran

Smash Master
Are you guys running a Melee tournament during the next Hobo? The Melee community of Louisiana is interested in coming to something.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
melee players i need u. it look like i can get monster arcade to host a tourney on 6-5. i need everyone to show up to this. call in to work and all that other good stuff ( von this dont apply to u >.>). i need to know by the week of the week if u can go or not.

im goin try to get the ppl that i play with thats 4-6 ppl.

von call dawn and get them to come.

jerm get yo crew to come.

uoh we love yall to.

someone find pual, ronnie and other ramdon ppl that have a crew to come.

la is yall comin?

if everybody show this could be big, and maybe have a crew battle!!!!!!!!!!

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure I can be there. Since Ronnie is in Spring, I don't know...I don't really have the means to get him. Wish I could. Dawn doesn't get on the boards but I'm sure he'd come if somebody calls him.

Edit: According to Google maps, this arcade is in that direction anyway so maybe I can get him afterall, or anybody for that matter.

Jake13

Smash Lord
i checked out the monster place's pictures and all i saw were hd tvs :(

iono how that would turn out.

but i'f we can rally the smash community i'll be there

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. If you haven't already, check out the Insane Triumph tournament posted in the Southwest Region forum. It's not until July, but we figured we'd give everyone plenty of time to make plans to attend. This is melee only, and, with enough support, we hope that it will become a regular occurrence.

MT_

Smash Ace
I would be willing to attend the tournament at Monster Arcade and would also be willing to bring a TV/setup given that there is enough attendance.

MT_

Smash Ace
I want to goooooooo. Someone tell me where his house is and when it'll be. VON! Text me or something please <3.

Jake13

Smash Lord
alright, mouf name the next few days you have off of work and i'll throw mine up, pawl too and anyone else that has a john obv

then we'll work out a day without the most sced conflicts and bam

Top Bottom