• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

dilling

Smash Apprentice
I work every day starting next Tuesday until about 3:45 or so. But after that, I'm free and definitely willing. Plus I work at UH, so if anyone hosts anywhere near there, I can just go straight from work.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Who is this guy anyway lol have any of us met him before? I can't remember if I asked that already but I'm pretty sure that I did.

We're playing like almost everyday in Clear Lake.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
We already saw that lol Allan posted that video a while ago. They're lucky that I didn't show up for those tournaments.
u were HORRIBLE in 2007. u wouldnt do good at all. lol

not to mention the tvs had EXTREME lag. the worst ive ever experienced

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I wasn't even playing in 07 xD

And yeah I can see that in the video lol looked like an HD lol fail but whatever. Still would've been nice to be there.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whats good everybody. Its that time again! AirbrushKing.net is making history once again with Neo Vs Golden nz at Evo 2010 for 20,000$. I told everybody, "It pays to play mvc2". Make sure you have front row seats for this fight cause it will be SICK! If anybody wants to bet on golden nz, let me know so I can take that bet!

Mvc2.tv Network Flyer--> http://www.mvc2.tv/photo/72/Neo+vs+Golden+Nz+20000$+MM+July+10+Evo+2010

Printable Flyer--> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4645740945_fe2cbfb38f_o.jpg

There will be more money matches but Im not going to give it all away. See everyone this year at Evo 2010. Mvc2 4 Life...

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm pretty sure we at least played sometime that summer between junior and senior year, so I assume we played in the spring at some point. But either way it's still 2007.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
You should all get into SSF4, it's got a huge tournament scene! I tried it out and it is very technical. There is a big learning curve from beginner to pro (unlike...that one game who's name I won't mention since I'll get a huge rebuttal from Xyro that I won't have the patience to read :/ Sorry Allen...Alan? )

Xyro77

You should all get into SSF4, it's got a huge tournament scene! I tried it out and it is very technical. There is a big learning curve from beginner to pro (unlike...that one game who's name I won't mention since I'll get a huge rebuttal from Xyro that I won't have the patience to read :/ Sorry Allen...Alan? )
SSF4 is a really good competitive game.

As for brawl, You dont play it at a competitive level so u are no authority on how hard/easy the learning curve is. I will say switching to brawl from melee was one of the hardest thing ive ever done in a game. Maybe its because EVERYTHING that made samus good in melee(nair/super missles/bombs) makes her bad and brawl and EVERYTHING bad about melee samus(homing missles/u air/Zair) is GOOD in brawl. I pretty much had to RE-LEARN samus.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman

Wow the nerve of tihs guy, totally new to the melee scene and now he is already suggesting other games for us to play? I will 4 stock you once we meet noob.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
What was that Xyro? I read something along the lines of "As for brawl, You is GOOD in brawl"

Seriously, I picked up metaknight and started beating people that I shouldn't have beaten. That's when I quit. Because I could tell that there would be too many of a small handful of characters.

Xyro77

What was that Xyro? I read something along the lines of "As for brawl, You is GOOD in brawl"

Seriously, I picked up metaknight and started beating people that I shouldn't have beaten. That's when I quit. Because I could tell that there would be too many of a small handful of characters.
Im sorry but u didnt beat anyone good. maybe you beat your 4 year old sister or hamster but that does not count.

Melee has shrank to about 5 chars: fox/falco/marth/peach/falcon....sub sheik and jiggs from time to time.

Brawl is the same: mk/snake/diddy/falco/wario....sub marth and IC from time to time.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well duh you know him you freaking stalker, you even youtubed him and found that video....freaking creeper!

Anyone want to go see a movie next Saturday around 1-5 PM?

Jake13

Smash Lord
are you trying to trick us into playing smash with that movie, or are you going for some kind of man date?

srsly tho im free lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So I read this new guy's signature, and who the **** is Paul in the first place? Anyone have a clue who this Paul person really is?

And next weekend is the next tournament that Tarzan is hosting guys...I didn't think y'all would play along with that to the point where people would actually get tricked xD

Popertop

Smash Champion
OMG guys, I'm so great at this game, greater than everybody.
I'm so much better than all of you oh my god.

I'm amazing, I'm amazing, I'm the greatest

Top Bottom