• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey guys, i don't know if this is the place to ask this, but is there a particular reason why the whobo thread doesn't have the "brawl and melee" tag? just wondering, cause it seems like it's obvious that it's a brawl tourney, due to the names in the title, but won't most people (i guess, other than those who frequent the southwest boards) pass this up not knowing there will be a melee tourney too?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i don't know if this is the place to ask this, but is there a particular reason why the whobo thread doesn't have the "brawl and melee" tag? just wondering, cause it seems like it's obvious that it's a brawl tourney, due to the names in the title, but won't most people (i guess, other than those who frequent the southwest boards) pass this up not knowing there will be a melee tourney too?
It DID have the Brawl and Melee tag not too long ago. I don't know what happened...

Jake13

Smash Lord
Yo so who is actually going to whobo?

I want a list of people. Yes/no/maybe/depends who goes, all good answers but I just want some for sure results so I can hype it with nams and stuff. Thanks guys

baka4moé

Smash Champion
man i hope whobo has a good melee turnout. the lack of the tag's keeping me wondering...:( good luck guys, hope your tourney goes well.

MT_

Smash Ace
Maybe@WHOBO, I absolutely need a ride back to Austin that night but it's looking bleak with Tirno apparently not going and JF can't give me a definitive answer... so chances are I can't go.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
How bout no one goes to whobo, we dont pay the stupid entrance fee, and we have our own tournament somewhere else for free. Screwwwwwwwwwww Brawl. :awesome: (The chances of me going aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare very very very slim since I hate brawl)

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Yeah there's no Brawl on Sunday. Think of all the Brawl players you can ****. xD
Well if the tournament is done quickly il go.... but the entry fee still scares me, and i have a halo online war to go to at 6...So idk if its worth going if im not even going to stay the whole day. Ug...

baka4moé

Smash Champion
um at this point im not sure yet, depends if i get a position over in cali for the summer.

if not, im like certain that i'll be back at least for a few weeks, though i don't know whether it'll be in june or september haha.

just you wait, when i come back to htown yall better be ready for the improved me! :cool:

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Doesn't look like I'd be able to make WHOBO. I'm just lazy, Michael would have to drive me back to my college (and drive me TO WHOBO, of course), and the price for the tournament seems a bit goofy to me. Also, I. ****ING. HATE. ANIME. So I wouldn't have any fun with the actual anime part of the anime convention at all...good chance I'll show up at the next TYS, though. Me and my Luigi-playing apprentice...*sigh*...

Also, I'm good with playing Melee Saturday. Hoping for Michael's place as seems to be the new trend.

P.S. Luciano, can I have the link to the thread which shows me how to hack my music into Melee? Looked for it, couldn't find it.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Weeeellll...after reading some topics, I might have to reconsider and head to WHOBO 3. Still, pretty big pain in the *** that it's a HUGE tournament on the very day before school starts for me again. Being lazy and the price to enter is not a legit john for me, but everything else still stands. Getting back to college would suck...for whoever has to drive me, that is... :/

I'll try to look into all of my options today.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't look like I'd be able to make WHOBO. I'm just lazy, Michael would have to drive me back to my college (and drive me TO WHOBO, of course), and the price for the tournament seems a bit goofy to me. Also, I. ****ING. HATE. ANIME. So I wouldn't have any fun with the actual anime part of the anime convention at all...good chance I'll show up at the next TYS, though. Me and my Luigi-playing apprentice...*sigh*...

Also, I'm good with playing Melee Saturday. Hoping for Michael's place as seems to be the new trend.

P.S. Luciano, can I have the link to the thread which shows me how to hack my music into Melee? Looked for it, couldn't find it.
Here you go bro

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285042

If you need help on any step just let me know!!

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
You need to bring your wii so I can see that falcon texture you did. xD

Also, Jeremy, are you at Whobo now?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
you should prob ask xyro, my guess is that there wont be melee at all till sunday? :( hopefully sunday pulls through for you guys, this seems like a good opportunity for texas smash.

hey guys how good is kailo34ce? i'll only money match you man as long as you're not way better than me haha. don't wanna get hustled..

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
haha baka, you be hustlin.

I'm curious to see how fast you're improving with all the beasts over on the fresh coast. I'm looking at applying to Berkley when I graduate, so I may end up seeing you at regionals in a few years. :p

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol that means i still have no idea whether the mm will be good or not. syba ive learned to take what you say with a grain of salt. grinin have you played him? how is he relative to jake and oscar?

its not that im afraid of losing, its just that i don't want to mm unless itll be a good set. i guess we could just do a $1 mm and get it over with haha, but $1 isnt much for us to wanna try....

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ok kailo let's do this :cool:. that is, if you're still up for it, and either of us remembers to mm in like a few months when i get back LOL

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I just finished re-watching Watchmen on dvd. I have to say, it's one of the best adaptions of any superhero story/comic/whatever I've seen. The graphic novel itself is absurdly good, and everyone should read it, even if you aren't in to comics (I'm not really a huge fan myself). Graphic novel or not, I'd say it's one of the most important pieces of literature of the 20th century.

Back to smash... Whobo in just over 24 hours from now. I'd like to go to that tourney at UT, I'll see if I can get someone to take me up to Austin that weekend.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
yo guys i can only play tomorrow during the day.

that is, before nightfall.

that is all.
Where u wana play bro? i can play tween 12-5, i prob going to a dynamo game with my gf.

edit: Actually lets just play sunday at whobo... since i wana sleep tom lol!! its 4 right now!! =0 Soccer at midnight is legit!

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Its some what gay/totally bias how in the smash game room out of 29 tvs, 28 are brawl and one is sf4. Couldn't get 1 melee tv is from 10am to 11 pm is ****ed up. The only good thing I noticed is when alan lost to a metaknight and his face was like "**** this stupid *** game"... Her knows brawl is trash he just won't admit it.

Top Bottom