• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
a couple words. first just so i got this right:
show up at 11
bring $20
controllers and gc's
leave by 2 am?

im ready to test my mettle against some hardened smash players. this is going to kick ***.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Just because it says " last melee tourny " does not actually mean the last tourny for it. That is unbelievably stupid if that were true.

So i have decided ( needs to inform ray ) that we are going to try and set monthlies back up over in magnolia. The thing is. We will do brawl... But people are still going to be good at melee. Why waste a talent that you spent so long to get?????????

So yea magnolia monthlies soon to come bish's
and thats why to this day we continue to play smash64 at every tournament. and i've heard about people startin up monthlies since the paleolithic era and they ain't done **** so i'll believe you when it happens. until then though people need to try to make this at least a decent tournament because it is most likely the last melee one

heytallman

CTALL
Furbs you wanna play today? I'll be good to play from after school until about six-ish maybe. Mayhaps we can get a couple others to come? Post to let me know.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
wait so is it still a tourney or not? do i gotta bring money for doubles and singles? i was excited about competing. i mean, sideeffect said he counted like 16 + 2 random people. and im coming with 3 of my friends, so thats like 20. is that not enough for a tourney?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If any of you can make it to the fest, plz go. I wont be getting off of wok till like 9 or 10 so it would be a waste for me to go. Mag! please do monthlies. Aj's monthlies were very fun.

CF, how far be you in MP3?

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well if thats true I'll give a nice estimate of 15 people. give or take 1 or 2.

To anyone who is going to skip out on this for a brawl demo, god I just can't find the words. Annoyance.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
that is pretty lame. everybody should be going to this. besides, if you wait for when the full version comes out than it will be far more fulfilling. so this is at someones house right?

also i have a question. i have till tomorrow morning to learn about the rules for each stage. ive never done a tourney and i would prefer to at least make an effort of not holding up my games just cause i dont know what stages i can and cannot choose at certain times. can someone tell me where to find the thread?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
also i have a question. i have till tomorrow morning to learn about the rules for each stage. ive never done a tourney and i would prefer to at least make an effort of not holding up my games just cause i dont know what stages i can and cannot choose at certain times. can someone tell me where to find the thread?
First page has all the rules. If you need advice on counter-picking and whatnot, there will be a few people there who wil lbe nice enough to give you friendly advice or explain anything you don't understand. Just don't sweat about it too much. :)

Gea

Smash Master
i left my heart there too ;_;......lol jk when could i pick it up?
and sorry tallman im busy today, i gots another date :D
You pimp you. I'm free whenever, if you're nearby just gimme a call (2818575206). If you live up towards sugarland and closer to David than me, tomorrow I'll be up that way.

Oh, and there's some good news on yoshi for you. Egg roll in brawl is awesome. You might be able to use that to effectively approach.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
First page has all the BRAWL rules.
Fix'd.

For Melee rules, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115780 check out the first page. The only difference that we'll have at this tourny is that you cannot stage strike random stages, but you do get a random stage reset (as per MLG rules :):):))

whats the 20$ for? is it still a tourney?
It may or may not end up being a tourny. Depends on the interest of people once everyone gets there.

Also, you only need 15$ (10 for singles registration and 5 for your part of doubles, your partner pays the other 5). Although I'm sure you'll still want the other 5$ for food or somethin.

i live in SW houston
Come to our tourney tomorrow :) Cesar's address is on the first page, and his cell # is near the bottom of the first post if you need directions/get lonely.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Yes this is a area where you can find contact info about Houston smashers. This will help our community grow and get better in the long run. Please post your Name or tag,address and cell number so i can update the list as much as possible.
Are you ****ing ********? I live in Houston but I'll be ****ed if I post my number and address on the internet.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE YOUR LIST: marlon (captain morgan), Tag=THOR, 315 Valleywood Rd. #716, cell : (713)-922-7442

and whats the highest rank you get on posts? like theres journeyman, apprentice and stuff. just curious.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Are you ****ing ********? I live in Houston but I'll be ****ed if I post my number and address on the internet.
People in the smash community are much more friendly than you'd expect.

...and if someone really wanted to find your number/address, it wouldn't really be that hard.

and whats the highest rank you get on posts? like theres journeyman, apprentice and stuff. just curious.
You hit Smash Lord at 1,000, and then i believe you achieve Smash Master status at 1,500. Or you could purchase a premium account and put whatever the hell you want there.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
awesomee......flippin awesome.... anyways gea i live past sugar land about half an hour away from you

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
alright guys i gotta say im pretty excited about tomorrow. ill probably be showing up around noon. ill see yall there, im pretty anxious to meet up with some more experianced players tomorrow. eitherway i gotta get ready for work so peace out.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
i really dont understand some of you. brawl is coming out in less than a month, the only thing that you will be gaining from this small amount of game time is more cravings to play. you all are going to go play brawl, go 'well that was cool, to bad now i cant play it again until march 9th' and then realize how dumb you feel because you want to play it worse than before. just go to the tourney, this will quite possibly be the last melee event.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
you guys ready for tomorrow? Well since dawn left to mexico then i guess its just going to be me. Nobody else has called me so i think that they dont want to go....... but ill be there to kick some A@# * looks at seth*

kage921

Smash Journeyman
its for the slower people...... * looks at ronnie* dont want them to burst a blood vessel trying to count them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't think anyone on smashboards will **** or rob you for your money. Almost everyone that plays smash is poor anyways.

Fix'd.

For Melee rules, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115780 check out the first page. The only difference that we'll have at this tourny is that you cannot stage strike random stages, but you do get a random stage reset (as per MLG rules :):):))
Gosh darnit Sethlon, why do you have to pick on my mistakes? <_<

Roy, you need to use Gamefaqs more. ;)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I probably won't be able to get there till later on probably. My mother just came down from San Antonio to visit unexpectedly, so I have to hang around for a while...

Top Bottom