• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

deaner92

Smash Rookie
well, any body got any good reasons to tell my mother to drive me an hour to this tourny....im 16 but dont have a liscence

heytallman

CTALL
well, any body got any good reasons to tell my mother to drive me an hour to this tourny....im 16 but dont have a liscence
There are nice people in this thread who usually offer rides....what part of Houston do you live? If you live on the way from my place I can come pick you up, but I'll be leaving as soon as 1v1's are over.

heytallman

CTALL
That's nowhere near where I live, but there's some people here who live near there, I'm sure someone will be able to give you a ride. Also, I see you're new. Welcome to the SmashBoards. How good are you?

deaner92

Smash Rookie
ahh... this will be my first tourny.... ive played causually w/ people and always kik ***, but from what i hear that means nothing

heytallman

CTALL
Yeah, I really really sucked when I first came here. Now I just really suck. But that was Melee. Brawl is a new game, so I'm interested to see if I can beat anyone other than Furbs now.

jk Furbs you know I didn't mean it

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way. I used to admire peeps who pwned with link back in melee, like Deva, Aniki, Germ and HDL.

But then I saw a few brawl tourney vids posted by Deva, and I realize that his link doesn't seem that much different from my own!

I'm interested in how I will do as well.

Oh, this'll be my first tourney too. Man, i've had bad luck with tourney dates...with my kinda luck, i'll be goin outta town somehow this next weekend >_<

I would've been to at least two or three before this one, but meh, oh wellz.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Yeah, I really really sucked when I first came here. Now I just really suck. But that was Melee. Brawl is a new game, so I'm interested to see if I can beat anyone other than Furbs now.

jk Furbs you know I didn't mean it
i will play ya kage good mathes ganon rules

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
MY whole life has changed, since you came in, I knew back then, you were that special one, Im so in love, so deep in love.

Ginuwine FTW.

Im thinking about making a combo video for brawl.

M

MyTime123

arg!!!! some one kill whoever made the online play for brawl!!! its so f-ing gay~~ reminds me of xzalla!!!

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Can we please go back to melee tournies, brawl is a horrible competitive game. Please someone make a melee tournament.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOLY!!!!!!!!!! i just fought ANTHER(best pika on earth in melee) on brawl. Dear god. i got F-ing *****. he is seriosuly JUST like he was in melee......

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Oh crap, lol he inspired me on melee to play Chu, I wonder how he's now since chu got all those buffs

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
It pains me to see so many ppl who won't conform to brawl. True, it seems slow-paced at first, but that's just cuz we're all too used to melee. Once me and my friends got the feel for the game, we were playing in the pit on the LOZ stage from melee, and it was just like we were still playing melee. It seemed just as fast-paced and intense.

And keep in mind: if you're trash-talking brawl, you're trash talking smash bros. And me and my monkey ninjas won't have that. -.-

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
It pains me to see so many ppl who won't conform to br@wl. True, it seems slow-paced at first, but that's just cuz we're all too used to m elee. Once me and my friends got the feel for the game, we were playing in the p i t on the L0Z st@ge from m elee, and it was just like we were still playing m elee. It seemed just as fast-paced and intense.

Keep in mind: if you're trash talking br@wl, you're trash talking sm@sh bros. And me and my monkey ninjas won't have that. -.-

Whoooaaa, I don't remember posting twice....uh oh... :urg:

.......!? my vocab has gotten changed up....lol for example i didn't mean to say halo bros...lol, that'd be interesting...m@rio with a shotgun, m@rth with an energy sword....

Xyro77

im serious! anthr was kick ***. his pika is no joke JUST like melee's. I have like 12 of our vids recorded thru the brawl record system. how can i get those vids to a PC? Any ideas.....RT and gea, im looking at u guys. yall know alot.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
*You will no longer need Pit avatar. Will you discard it?*
I Lol'd.

Haha, I played a bunch of CoD4 at gabe's house a couple days ago, Chris. Its fun, but it makes me just as angry as Halo, cause i still get *****. And I want the sniper rifle to be good, but the assault rifles are just sooo much better T_T

deaner92

Smash Rookie
any one live near league city going to the tourny willing to pick me up?...i have no other way...:(

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
How many ppl would you predict are going to be entering singles and entering 2v2s? Like, which do you think would be more popular? Also, will both be going on at the same time, or can u enter both?

My friend plays a MEAN toon link, and i'm thinkin of making a link team with him. Thatd be interesting. =P

...okay, someone has changed the vocab input on my messages...i mean comeon, what the crap is a courage team...

Xyro77

Im not sure? Does it matter? as i said. i expect a low of 32 people. i didnt include walk-ins. 1vs1 will be first and will be most popular.

Velox

Smash Ace
Hah, I agree with you Alex, about COD. My thoughts exactly.

It's not that I don't like COD, or that I'm against change, it's just that it's not interesting enough to me and I'm not certain that it's a better game. I like the environment more in Halo anyways, and it's more accessible. It's gotten really limited though lately, like hell, I could do more in Halo 1, but that's the MLG-we-think-we-know-what-takes-skill philosophy, not mine. In a dream world we would be playing nothing but 5v5 or 8v8 CTF on any map, it doesn't matter. Most skilled gametype there is and it's so so so so so much fun. It approaches ******-noobs-at-melee-who've-never-seen-advanced-techs good...

I'm now positive that Obama will become our next president. Unless people end up wanting Bush replacement (McCain).

Velox

Smash Ace
Hah, I agree with you Alex, about COD. My thoughts exactly.

It's not that I don't like COD, or that I'm against change, it's just that it's not interesting enough to me and I'm not certain that it's a better game. I like the environment more in Halo anyways, and it's more accessible. It's gotten really limited though lately, like hell, I could do more in Halo 1, but that's the MLG-we-think-we-know-what-takes-skill philosophy, not mine. In a dream world we would be playing nothing but 5v5 or 8v8 CTF on any map, it doesn't matter. Most skilled gametype there is and it's so so so so so much fun. It approaches ******-noobs-at-melee-who've-never-seen-advanced-techs good... Man, I'm getting so screwed. They're making Halo 3 more and more like Halo 2, and here I am playing a game (Brawl) that really needs to be more like Melee and you don't here me b****ing. Well... actually you do, but you won't see anyone doing anything about it. What they (the "competitive" Halo 2 (not Halo 1) players) are doing to Halo 3 is annoying to me.

I'm now positive that Obama will become our next president. Unless people end up wanting Bush replacement (McCain).

*** How did that double post even happen? Seriously, there was no reason for that, smashboards sucks ***.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure? Does it matter? as i said. i expect a low of 32 people. i didnt include walk-ins. 1vs1 will be first and will be most popular.
lol nah, it doesnt really matter, I was just curious as to which held more competition. Thanks! :)

*** How did that double post even happen? Seriously, there was no reason for that, smashboards sucks ***.
Lol idk, the same thing happened to me too on page 82. Hope I don't get flagged for double-posting....on accident....for the third time.....:ohwell:

What the...someone changed up some of the words I typed! Who the crap did this!? a mod!?
.......Dr. Drrrreeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww......? :mad:

Top Bottom