• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

KRDsonic

Smash Master
here goes another noob question by Kown but id rather know the not kown.

what does PZ stand for and i plan on practicing at stiltz house tomarrow. Are you going to that?
PZ is Planet Zero, I think that was where HOBO 5 was.

Also, I won't get to go to any smashfests, everyone that has them lives too far away o.o

kown

Smash Lord
ah than how do u get better playing at home by urself?

EDIT: man so many ppl posted in the time it took me to write a sentence.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
ah than how do u get better playing at home by urself?

EDIT: man so many ppl posted in the time it took me to write a sentence.
I practice on wifi a lot, and I can go to my neighbor's house and brawl him too, he might go to this next tourny too.

(Too bad wifi hurts offline skill quite a bit, I was playing against my neighbor today and was messing up my timing for everything, except with pit, I never seem to get worse with him)

kown

Smash Lord
i heard wifi is just bad to do anything on after you know every chars moves and what they are capable of.

y 3s and 5s? i read somewhere that it was better but why?

cant wait for stiltz fest!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZIzZI1ZME

lolololo

i heard wifi is just bad to do anything on after you know every chars moves and what they are capable of.

y 3s and 5s? i read somewhere that it was better but why?

cant wait for stiltz fest!
yeh only do wifi if you need to test out a new character or something. practice on lvl 1-6 because anything higher forces you to play aggressive while the main goal of playing 1-6 is precision and timing. getting/creating your own combos down.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Meta Knight has a semi-spike already.

Well, it's a good thing the infinite Dimensional Cape can't be used for recovery. That would call for a ban since it would be too broken if you could use it to recover from anywhere. You can't use it for stalling, since that's already a big no-no. It shouldn't be anything gamebreaking (thank gawd).

I would like to go early to the smashfest tomorrow and leave early as well. Maybe get there at 2ish, be out by 7-8. I got two tests I gots to studies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The metaknight dissapearing thing is REALLY hard to do for a long time. We are already talking about it a lot >_< lol.

Also, SOMEONE DRIVE ROY AND SETHLON TO FLORIDA.

Please ;_;.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
A safe time to arrive tomorrow would be around 3. I was notified of a last minute meeting for student government tomorrow at 1. So yea, sorry if this messes anyone up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Nintendo had thier E3 sho today! Here is what they showed!

WiiMotionPlus= add-on to wiimote that give more PRECISION for motion

Wii speak- an add on that gives you voice chat. come sout in 2008

Animal Crossing Wii- HUGE game. Voice chat enabled. Keyboard enabled. comes out in 2008

Sean White Snowboard game- wii balance board enabled

New Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV party- lots of mini games, wii balance board enabled

Call of Duty: World at War- wii gun enabled

Wii Sports: Resort- WiimotionPlus enabled, disc throw game, wave race game, and sword game shown(AWESOME). More games not shown. Comes out in spring 2009

WiiMusic- balance board enabled to activate drum pedals, guitar/sax/drums/piano/violin/ hand bells/trumpet/xylophone/you can make music video. Theres more that will be shown later.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
ARGH!!! **** keeps coming up. Sorry guys, the smashfest can't start til 5 30. David, the owner of the place, just started his quarter for college and found out he has class at 1 and doesn't get out till 5 20 today. Normally, I'd get there before he had to lock up the apartment but I have that student government meeting. I'm REALLY sorry guys, just a series of unfortunate events.

heytallman

CTALL
Nintendo had thier E3 sho today!
I watched it, I thought it could have been a lot better. Honestly, the only game I'm interested in is the new Animal Crossing, looks great, like the others in the series.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't really show anything from their own franchises (other than AC and the Wii titles), but I kinda was hoping for something like a new Star Fox game (it would be perfect for the Wii remote and nunchuk), or MOTHER 3 (stop torturing us!).

Other than that, it's good to see that Nintendo is doing so well. Also Final Fantasy XIII for the 360, yet another reason why I won't be getting a PS3

KRDsonic

Smash Master
WiiMusic- balance board enabled to activate drum pedals, guitar/sax/drums/piano/violin/ hand bells/trumpet/xylophone/you can make music video. Theres more that will be shown later.
Handbells? o.o Handbells!? Awesome! I played handbells all throughout middle school and loved them. And getting to play in a concert with my class at Houston City Counsel (or however you spell it) was awesome. I've missed handbells so much since middleschool, recreating it on the wii would be awesome, I'd definently spend hours playing it, though it wouldn't be exactly like handbells, I'll still miss getting to play 7 of the 20+ pound bells in concerts.

Anyways... got that out of my system.

I think MK's demensional cape glitch should/will be banned for stalling the match and stuff, but not for something simple like a mindgame of going across FD with it. And there's the fact that you can't do it often in 3 matches back to back because it gets you so tired and you need a break after the match.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
anyway the d-cape thing mk can do there is lots of stuff besides just the glitch like once i found out you can grab people when you disappear you reappear grabbing them...kool stuff huh...

krd RT already talked about that...and handbell hero...coming out this christmas!

heytallman

CTALL
I discovered a sick Lucas combo today, and I learned how to thunderslide. I'll show you my moves at PZ, should be awesome. Well, I'm out till Monday. Adios!

kown

Smash Lord
Stiltz' s fest was awesome. I ended up teaming up with Gea against Roy r and stiltz. heh yea i got owned but we all had some good moments.

My 1s didnt go to well. i ended up losing to stiltz and roy r.
heh ill be sure to try and beat him next time.

btw stiltz how hard were you trying that second game vs olimar?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's interesting how many things are being discovered in brawl, the game is changing to much. A lot of characters can chain grab though o.o I know of Ice Climbers, Falco, Pikachu, Olimar, Pit, Dedede, and Kirby off the top of my head (not including release grabs like Marth, Charizard, DK, and Yoshi).

And there are also quite a bit of combos too. I know a lot of people say brawl has no real combos, but it's easy to prove that wrong.

Top Bottom