• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Just double checked the Japanese blog and confirmed that there are exactly three numbers missing, 134-136. All the posts around it conform to that numbering system, so that checks out. Now what I personally wanted to know was what the posts after the Smash Direct looked like, and that's a little more tricky, so I'll notate below. Bolded items are confirmed numbers from the picture URLs, rest are inferred:

93: Bomber (item)
<91: Direct Reminder (Same as original Direct announcement post)>
94: Smash Direct video
95: Castlevania trailer
96: K. Rool trailer
97: "Website Updated" post
98: Bloody Tears music
99: Simon (video)
100: Simon (memory)
101: K. Rool (video)
102: K. Rool (memory)

It's also worth noting that the Direct, two trailers and site update post are dated the 8th, the music and Simon posts the 9th, and K. Rool's posts the 10th. In the USA all those posts, barring the memories of course, are dated the 8th. Also, the three echoes and the Castlevania stage all came on later days, with only Richter's posts coming out before other unrelated items (after him was Abra, then the Gangplank Galleon song, and then the Castlevania stage). Finally, as has been noted, not all characters get memory posts, and Chrom in particular is missing one as presumably Awakening has been covered before.

There are a few conclusions that can be drawn from this. One, there is at least one character trailer. Two, echoes and stages are not guaranteed to have been in those three posts and are thus relatively safe for speculation. Finally, the trailers and the specific character posts came on on different days (the 8th through 10th were a Wednesday through Friday), and posts 134-136 presumably all came from Friday, September 7th. Thus I conclude as follows:

134: Smash excerpt from Direct
135. Character trailer
136. "Website Updated" post

Any other posts, including music, stages, and all normal character posts, including memories, could have been 137 and above, with Bowser/TL/etc having been moved into their places. We can conclude with reasonable certainty that we're getting exactly one unique newcomer, but cannot say with certainty if they're from a new or existing franchise, nor can we speculate on exact number of echoes, stages, or other game features.

TL;DR: This is interesting, but it doesn't really confirm or deny anything beyond "We're getting a single character trailer."

Edit: Sorry about some rambling in here: this turned from a curiosity into serious research basically mid-post.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I just realized this. Did we just go through the five stages of grief since the delay? And we're now on or entering Stage 5: Acceptance. Acceptance that the direct is "happening" on Wednesday or Thursday.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
It's fascinating to see the Smash community collectively losing its mind. If Nintendo hadn't announced anything last week we would have been fine, but human psychology cannot abide having something dangled in front of it and then taken away. We go insane.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
It's fascinating to see the Smash community collectively losing its mind. If Nintendo hadn't announced anything last week we would have been fine, but human psychology cannot abide having something dangled in front of it and then taken away. We go insane.
My previous post is a hard confirmation of this.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, guys, just jumping in here with my response. Sorry it took so long.

First off, this is the file where the Japanese blog pulls data from:
https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/ja_JP/json/ja_JP.json

I did not bother checking the English version, but I would assume you just replace ja_JP in both instances with en_US (https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/en_US/json/en_US.json -- yup it works).

I made two detailed images about this.

First up, this is an examination of the latest three posts in the file.

smash_blog_part1.png

I took the snapshot in a good place to catch the titles of all three posts. There's two types of ID's. The first is what I think is the Wordpress Post ID. These are much higher than the Blog Post number. I think the blog Post Number is just to differentiate each specific post so people editing the blog know what they're doing.

Wordpress does a lot of weird things, such as saving revisions as entirely different posts. So that number jumps. The blog post number appears to be the exact post order of every blog post. However, I did not check the full history to confirm.

With Bowser being 142 and Toon Link's memory being 139, it seems like Bowser was pulled back from Wednesday's update. The two missing posts, 140 and 141, are probably a music and a stage, respectively. In the last few weeks these have both been coming together on Tuesday.

Bowser was pulled back to fill in a gap missing on Sunday. Sunday is typically always a fighter, with few exceptions. Keep that in mind. Richter was also on Sunday, though he had a memory to go with him.

smash_blog_part2.png

This is a breakdown of the details inside the "acf" object in each entry. At the bottom you can notice that it says wp:featuredmedia. This is what proves they are probably using Wordpress, though heavily modified. They're probably saving all data to JSON so that there isn't a way for people to access hidden data with AJAX.

This also shows where the images on Toon Link's memory are being grabbed, including the 139_1 and 139_2. Up to four images can be included, and video supports an id and url to the video.

I assume that videos and images are all their own custom post type, but I'm not fully certain on that one.

smash_blog_richter.png

Richter was posted on Monday in Japan, Sunday in the west.

smash_blog_draculascastle.png

Dracula's Castle was posted on the same day as Gang-Plank Galleon, the Wednesday (in Japan, Tuesday in the west) after the Direct.

smash_blog_alucard.png

Alucard was posted two weeks after the Direct on Friday in Japan, Thursday in the west.

smash_blog_mario.png

Ever since Mario we have never started a week with anything but a fighter.

smash_blog_nomemories.png

In terms of memories, Inklings, Ridley, Link, Corrin, Snake, Sonic, Pit (Dark Pit does), Mii Fighters, Samus, Chrom and Villager do not have memories. Sukapon does despite not being a playable fighter. Wario does, but its for WarioWare Gold.

Take from this what you will.

My previous post is a hard confirmation of this.
And mine is even more of one...

EDIT: Ridley and Inklings have not gotten a memory either. Daisy was the first. I added them to the list.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, you lot are nuts, lol. I was plenty bummed about the delay, understandable as it might've been, and I check whether the new date has been set almost immediately after waking up, but then I just go about my day.

It's certainly unfortunate circumstances that precipitated this delay, but nothing has changed regarding Isaac, there's no cause for demoralization. Chin up, it's just a few days; Isaac fans have been through years wandering this desert. And look at it this way: now when we get a reveal, it'll be less time until the following one than it was originally going to be!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Thanks for all of this. Coupled with my analysis, if we assume Toon Link was always supposed to be 138, we have an odd scenario in the post order:

133: Alolan Exeggutor
134: Smash excerpt from Direct
135: Character trailer
136: "Website updated" post
137: Character post
138: Toon Link (video)
139: Toon Link (memory)

140: Unknown
141: Unknown
142: Bowser (video)

This doesn't make sense as it doesn't include room for a memory post for the new character. I can see two explanations for this. One, there is only a trailer and no Direct excerpt, in which case the ordering could be 134 trailer, 135 update post, 136 character post, 137 memory, 138 Toon Link. That leaves open the possibility of 140 and 141 being stage and music posts that relate to the character. Two, the trailer is of a character from a game that is already in Ultimate and already had a "memory" post for, allowing 140 and 141 to be basically anything. For our purposes, the former scenario is preferable as it allows for Isaac and a Golden Sun stage, but no echoes; the latter rules out Isaac, and probably any echoes since it would be odd to post an existing character before a brand new echo. Either way, I sincerely hope Toon Link was not the originally planned 138 as it severely limits the possible reveals from this delayed Direct.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
The unraveling of the mind, the slow descent into madness...

EDIT: FWIW, good job to the sleuths looking into the website stuff. I still don't see a world where we get more than a single character trailer in a general direct. Although maybe that trailer also contains an Echo fighter like Richter. I doubt there would be two newcomers from different series in a single trailer either, as there are few enough newcomers that each would merit their own special trailer.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
EDIT: FWIW, good job to the sleuths looking into the website stuff. I still don't see a world where we get more than a single character trailer in a general direct. Although maybe that trailer also contains an Echo fighter like Richter. I doubt there would be two newcomers from different series in a single trailer either, as there are few enough newcomers that each would merit their own special trailer.
I guess the question is if we're just going to get a single trailer for Smash, or if we're going to get a longer bit with Sakurai like there was during the E3 Direct. If it's the latter, it's easy to see how they could squeeze in more reveals like echo fighters. If it is just the trailer, then yeah, at most we're looking at a unique newcomer, an echo, and a stage, and even the inclusion of the echo fighter is suspect if the original blog schedule had Toon Link as today's post.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Also this is a reach but if one of the posts is probably a memory, maybe that lowers the likelihood of a current gen Pokemon reveal, since those are very recent games. I'm mentally prepared for a Pokemon anyway since that's the least exciting scenario possible for me (short of yet another Fire Emblem sword wielder...) but maybe we'll get something totally unexpected!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Interesting finds! I do think we may receive something unexpected even though I am also prepared for a Pokémon because, as much as I love the games, the rep is probably not going to be one of my liked Pokémon of the Gen so I can see myself not getting very hyped at such announcement. I have faith in Sakurai surprising us tho!

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd be happy to have a new Pokemon when the game comes out. I just wouldn't be happy with having to wait another month+ at least to find out the fate of one of the characters I care about more. By that point it will have been 2 months+ since Simon and K. Rool. I know we're very spoiled with having such a short reveal season, but when you're counting down the days, every moment feels like an eternity haha.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also this is a reach but if one of the posts is probably a memory, maybe that lowers the likelihood of a current gen Pokemon reveal, since those are very recent games. I'm mentally prepared for a Pokemon anyway since that's the least exciting scenario possible for me (short of yet another Fire Emblem sword wielder...) but maybe we'll get something totally unexpected!
Wario's memory is for WarioWare Gold... which would very much still be a short-term memory.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Well, I did say it was a reach, hehe...

Anyways not to belabor the point but I really have no specific preference in terms of the Pokemon. I'm sure whoever Sakurai picks will be cool like Greninja or something creative like Pokemon Trainer.

It'd be great to see a trailer for Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Paper Mario, Skull Kid, or another highly anticipated character though. Even the Pokemon fans probably aren't on tenterhooks waiting for a reveal.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Yeah I'd be happy to have a new Pokemon when the game comes out. I just wouldn't be happy with having to wait another month+ at least to find out the fate of one of the characters I care about more. By that point it will have been 2 months+ since Simon and K. Rool. I know we're very spoiled with having such a short reveal season, but when you're counting down the days, every moment feels like an eternity haha.
I'd rather see a Pokemon be thrown into a multi-reveal presentation where there are juicier and more hype reveals among it. If it's the focal point... that's about the most boring outcome you could have.

On the topic of website posts, I personally doubt a post would be reserved for an excerpt. Chances are that in a general direct, Smash will just get a trailer at the very end like it would in the Smash 4 days. Unless we see a longer segment where Sakurai is present, it wouldn't be necessary.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, not all characters have had memories as is. So a newcomer could simply not have one. For whatever reason.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather see a Pokemon be thrown into a multi-reveal presentation where there are juicier and more hype reveals among it. If it's the focal point... that's about the most boring outcome you could have.

On the topic of website posts, I personally doubt a post would be reserved for an excerpt. Chances are that in a general direct, Smash will just get a trailer at the very end like it would in the Smash 4 days. Unless we see a longer segment where Sakurai is present, it wouldn't be necessary.
Yeah I agree with all of the above. If Nintendo's intention is to generate maximum hype with each Smash reveal (which seems to be the case so far) then a Pokemon only trailer would go against that in a big way. But we're all in our little bubble of the fandom so maybe we're way off base there.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Lol, indeed. It also doesn't help that there is that small feeling of being on the cusp of an Isaac reveal, something we've been dreaming of for many years now. It's like he's right there in front of us, and just as we are about to wrap our hands around him, he leaps off ahead, and we're back on the chase.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'm just chillin' slowly finishing up games I've been meaning to finish, and hoping I'm off the day the direct gets rescheduled to.

I'm also partway through editing part 2 of the adventure in TLA. :p
(I took waaaay too many screenshots, stupid giant amount of conversations)

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I'm using this thread for general news (in regards to the direct and spicy talk on the #'d entries on the official site), so thanks for the guys and gals posting and finding their discoveries. :3

Hopefully we find out who/what it is soon.

Yeah I agree with all of the above. If Nintendo's intention is to generate maximum hype with each Smash reveal (which seems to be the case so far) then a Pokemon only trailer would go against that in a big way. But we're all in our little bubble of the fandom so maybe we're way off base there.
Well, I did say it was a reach, hehe...

Anyways not to belabor the point but I really have no specific preference in terms of the Pokemon. I'm sure whoever Sakurai picks will be cool like Greninja or something creative like Pokemon Trainer.

It'd be great to see a trailer for Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Paper Mario, Skull Kid, or another highly anticipated character though. Even the Pokemon fans probably aren't on tenterhooks waiting for a reveal.
Rude. Not cool to say other people's hyped characters aren't "highly anticipated" and would be boring and mistake cause it isn't your guy. I don't really give much care about Ridley, but I know his fans were happy. Same with Isaac or Lip or whoever if they get in. Don't go saying the Pokemon fans don't even care that much about their character. There's speculation Pokemon won't get anyone, that we'll get a 3rd Gen rep cause of it's popularity at the time + Gardevoir leaker, and the toss in the air for even Gen 7's possible pick. Pokemon is the biggest wildcard, so it's interesting to see where the coin falls. It causes the most split fanbase inside Smash speculation itself though, so it's hard to get enough people willing to rally for the same Pokemon. Decidueye made quite an impact cause he was easily focused on for a long time as the obvious Grass pick till Ivysaur trampled him. Since then, the Pokemon base has been pretty scattered.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm kinda unsure if Incineroar would be revealed as a newcomer on his own. Since Sakurai would have picked Incineroar in much the same way he picked Greninja, he would know that there was no guarantee it would be a popular pick. (and from what I've heard it doesn't seem like Incineroar is that popular in the west. I mean Decidueye was getting all the attention until Vergeben said he wasn't in)

I know Greninja was mostly revealed on his own (with Charizard) but the difference is that Greninja was a risk that payed off whereas Incineroar less so. At least for western audiences, I know he's popular in Japan.

I'd be surprised if Sakurai wasn't aware of this.

So for that reason I question whether this will be Incineroars reveal if we're only getting one newcomer in this direct. I think he'll be revealed alongside at least one other unique newcomer in October or November.

Unless there's so few remaining unique newcomers that they have to be revealed individually.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm kinda unsure if Incineroar would be revealed as a newcomer on his own. Since Sakurai would have picked Incineroar in much the same way he picked Greninja, he would know that there was no guarantee it would be a popular pick. (and from what I've heard it doesn't seem like Incineroar is that popular in the west)

I know Greninja was mostly revealed on his own (with Charizard) but the difference is that Greninja was a risk that payed off whereas Incineroar less so. (at least for western audiences)

So for that reason I question whether this will be Incineroars reveal if we're only getting one newcomer in this direct. I think he'll be revealed alongside at least one other unique newcomer in October or November.

Unless there's so few remaining unique newcomers that they have to be revealed individually.
Sakurai picked Greninja because he could easily see a moveset worked and also had set aside a potential slot for a Gen VI Pokemon.

Incineroar was intended to be one of Ash's evolved full starters, meaning the Pokemon will be promoted to hell and back. That's a given. Whether or not the character would be super popular is another story. So yeah, it's a risk, but he knows it'll be promoted. The only obstacle was imaging a good moveset to work with. He needs to see the character "dance" in his head like he saw with Greninja immediately.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sakurai picked Greninja because he could easily see a moveset worked and also had set aside a potential slot for a Gen VI Pokemon.

Incineroar was intended to be one of Ash's evolved full starters, meaning the Pokemon will be promoted to hell and back. That's a given. Whether or not the character would be super popular is another story. So yeah, it's a risk, but he knows it'll be promoted. The only obstacle was imaging a good moveset to work with. He needs to see the character "dance" in his head like he saw with Greninja immediately.
If they planned Incineroar to be Ash's companion since before the gen was even released, who's to say the same wasn't planned with Greninja, with that being a big reason behind why he was chosen?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace

I'm kinda unsure if Incineroar would be revealed as a newcomer on his own. Since Sakurai would have picked Incineroar in much the same way he picked Greninja, he would know that there was no guarantee it would be a popular pick. (and from what I've heard it doesn't seem like Incineroar is that popular in the west. I mean Decidueye was getting all the attention until Vergeben said he wasn't in)

I know Greninja was mostly revealed on his own (with Charizard) but the difference is that Greninja was a risk that payed off whereas Incineroar less so. At least for western audiences, I know he's popular in Japan.

A reminder that Incineroar beat out Decidueye in the popularity poll in Japan. Smash speculation likes to pretend Incineroar is a failed Pokemon, but he actually did pretty well for himself. Primarina did good as well, though she usually is just flat out ignored by Smash people and the anime didn't really do much with her either.

Also a chance of them deciding to go with a not fully evolved starter (Rowlet and Litten both got quite some love in the anime) or Lycanroc or Tapu Koko as other faces. I'd prefer Rockruff over Lycanroc though. Better design, imo.

Edit- Though if they do go with Isaac, I could see Lycanroc and Rockruff passed on cause Earth would be his thing.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they planned Incineroar to be Ash's companion since before the gen was even released, who's to say the same wasn't planned with Greninja, with that being a big reason behind why he was chosen?
Because Greninja doesn't have beta artwork of itself with Ash. Incineroar does.

They're in different situations. We don't know when GameFreak intended for Greninja to be Ash's Pokemon, nor anything to hint that Sakurai knew of it. The original artwork concepts do not imply this in any way. For all we know, Greninja became that later to coincidence with Sakurai choosing Greninja, as it'd be super easy to promote now. Or perhaps before, since the story was written. But it doesn't correlate whatsoever to Sakurai's choice, as it was based upon concept art alone. Which did not have Ash in it anyway.

A reminder that Incineroar beat out Decidueye in the popularity poll in Japan. Smash speculation likes to pretend Incineroar is a failed Pokemon, but he actually did pretty well for himself. Primarina did good as well, though she usually is just flat out ignored by Smash people and the anime didn't really do much with her either.

Also a chance of them deciding to go with a not fully evolved starter (Rowlet and Litten both got quite some love in the anime) or Lycanroc or Tapu Koko as other faces. I'd prefer Rockruff over Lycanroc though. Better design, imo.
Not sure that matters at all. The roster was decided in 2015. Any later popularity does not determine the project plan. Incineroar was just a concept art at the time. Maybe Lycanroc too? Who knows. But if are looking at a Greninja situation, then it's purely going off of concept arts and that Sakurai wanted a Gen VII Pokemon.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Random 4AM thought: the Direct re-announcement post is now even more interesting as, if it has an image like earlier announcements, the file data should tell us just how much the post schedule has changed. Speculation ahoy!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I highly doubt they planned the Gen 7 newcomer (if at all) based on the anime. There is little amount of anime references in Smash so it is likely based on who they they will be the most suitable for Smash rather than popularity (though that helps) and what had concept art at the time.

Because let's be honest if the anime was being taken into consideration we would have had a Team Rocket variation of Pokemon Trainer by now. As well as Pokemon Trainer being Ash. As these characters are by far the most popular characters in the anime. After all Pokemon Trainer could have easily been subbed out for Ash to make a nice reference to the anime but they didn't.

They only really take the games themselves seriously and not the anime. There aren't even any trophies for Ash or Team Rocket. Trophies of all things. A sure-fire easy way to reference the anime. I think that alone points out how "irrelevant" the show is to the decisions made in Smash.

EDIT: This is coming from a guy who wishes Team Rocket were playable characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Because Greninja doesn't have beta artwork of itself with Ash. Incineroar does.

They're in different situations. We don't know when GameFreak intended for Greninja to be Ash's Pokemon, nor anything to hint that Sakurai knew of it. The original artwork concepts do not imply this in any way. For all we know, Greninja became that later to coincidence with Sakurai choosing Greninja, as it'd be super easy to promote now. Or perhaps before, since the story was written. But it doesn't correlate whatsoever to Sakurai's choice, as it was based upon concept art alone. Which did not have Ash in it anyway.
You're right, we don't know - but because we don't know, assuming it was different is as erroneous as assuming it was the same. Declaring how we don't know things and then jumping to conclusions based on incomplete information does not make for solid proof.

More over, it's a horribly faulty line of logic to posit that "this is what we know, based off a single page, therefore somehow that's as much as Sakurai knew. One page's worth". You don't think there was more to it than that? You think one piece of concept art, released to us at a time that didn't correlate with the current stage in development, is enough to infer how much Sakurai was privy to? That's a leap if I've ever heard one.

Outright dismissing any possibility, with only the scant info we have, isn't too prudent. Even without considering the privacy of Game Freak and the half-truths of Sakurai.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jigglypuff pretty much was chosen cause of the anime. And it has influenced movesets before, including Pikachu's, Jigglypuff's Specials(Rest aside), Mewtwo(you think he randomly got Shadow Ball?), the entirety of Lucario's mechanic(the Aura, which is not a game thing, and it also debuted in the movies, but also never really had anything game-based till its Mega Evolution, same with Mewtwo as well).

Greninja definitely wasn't chosen solely because of the anime. Even if it did have some influence, we know for a fact there were other factors.

People are looking at the point behind Incineroar possibly being chosen wrong. It means they know the character will be promoted and is not risky to use as a choice, unlike Greninja, who was a risk that worked out overall. All other Pokemon were established beforehand, and had a lot of popularity, sometimes Anime-based(Jigglypfuf, again, was not popular because of the games at all. Mewtwo had both to go off of). There's no denying that Incineroar was already chosen to be a majorly promoted Pokemon by looking at the concept art. It was blatantly intended to be a major Pokemon then and there. You don't show it as the only starter hanging around with Ash's group unless you intended it to be among Ash's group. That's common sense. Greninja may or may not have been chosen to promote in the anime before showing the concept arts to Sakurai. Sakurai's own statement is that he found Greninja the easiest one to work with as a character design-wise and pictures its moveset in the head. Nothing suggests, in this case, the anime had any remote influence. It does now, as the moveset gave it kunai just like the show did for Ash's Greninja.

You're right, we don't know - but because we don't know, assuming it was different is as erroneous as assuming it was the same. Declaring how we don't know things and then jumping to conclusions based on incomplete information does not make for solid proof.

More over, it's a horribly faulty line of logic to posit that "this is what we know, based off a single page, therefore somehow that's as much as Sakurai knew. One page's worth". You don't think there was more to it than that? You think one piece of concept art, released to us at a time that didn't correlate with the current stage in development, is enough to infer how much Sakurai was privy to? That's a leap if I've ever heard one.

Outright dismissing any possibility, with only the scant info we have, isn't too prudent. Even without considering the privacy of Game Freak and the half-truths of Sakurai.
That's actually my point. We don't know. I also don't see any reason to believe Sakurai is telling a half-truth. He made it clear what his reasons were for choosing it. It's very specific. As I said above, it's possible GameFreak liked the idea of Sakurai choosing it and decided to promote it since they knew it would also become even more popular thanks to Smash. Or they had it planned out in the beginning but it was not relevant to what Sakurai needed to know. Or they told him, and it may have helped influence him. My point was the concept arts are hard reasons why it was chosen. It doesn't mean other factors couldn't have existed, or other situations.

But then again, isn't that what I just said? Incineroar's situation is different because we know for a fact it was intended to show up in the Anime around Ash's friends due to the concept arts. This is already clear to us. It doesn't mean it's a guarantee Sakurai will pick it, but we already know it'll be promoted for sure. We didn't know jack-all about why Greninja became Ash's Pokemon. That's why the comparison isn't great, because one lacks information.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When listing off everyone who did not get a memory, I missed Bowser. Bowser did not get one either. I should've obviously clarified this and given I did a huge analysis on three posts, one of which was Bowser's, I should've remembered to check and confirm, but I didn't until now. In any case, Bowser is also missing a memory post for whatever reason.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I heard some people on Reddit saying that the blog post thing confirmed that the newcomer would be from an existing series, is that true?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I heard some people on Reddit saying that the blog post thing confirmed that the newcomer would be from an existing series, is that true?
Not really as when Castlevania got confirmed there was a three day absence of posts. At this point all we know is there is just days without content.

At this point in time it is unknown. But considering the rate of new to existing series, it is more likely to be from an existing series. However as pointed out, it is only likely, not confirmed.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not really as when Castlevania got confirmed there was a three day absence of posts. At this point all we know is there is just days without content.

At this point in time it is unknown. But considering the rate of new to existing series, it is more likely to be from an existing series. However as pointed out, it is only likely, not confirmed.
One thing I thought was unusual is that in the Reddit thread they were talking about three blog posts but in this thread people are talking about four blog posts.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Q-Long Q-Long You can be certain Waifus and Husbandos are back in Three houses. Echoes (which is my favorite of the 3DS era) was a remake and an experiment, but sold less in the end. After all they did save the series from dying in a way ...

Prepare yourself !!!! ... For the beach events in bikinis and speedos ! :dr^_^:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing I thought was unusual is that in the Reddit thread they were talking about three blog posts but in this thread people are talking about four blog posts.
Because people are assuming Bowser is 137 when he's not. I found where the data is being stored and dug out the fact that Bowser is 142. But I'm not going to go out of my way to correct everyone.

Just found out that in addition to the other four we already know of, blog post #121 is also missing for some reason. This was before the direct was postponed, but I wonder if something planned for the August direct was pushed back and will instead be shown in this upcoming direct? It's probably minor since it's only one extra post, but it's a strange absence in any case.
120 and 121 are both missing. This is true. I just confirmed it myself.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
We ever get word back on if Corocoro got scans got uploaded? Don't even care if its not Smash related. I'm just generally curious what all was in it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We ever get word back on if Corocoro got scans got uploaded? Don't even care if its not Smash related. I'm just generally curious what all was in it.
Given that we saw nothing and it should've been out by now, I'm sure there was nothing of interest in Corocoro.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Rip I guess then. Was hoping there'd at least be some chatter over small bits of Nintendo stuff.

Top Bottom