• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social House of the Belmont Clan: Simon and Richter Belmont Social Thread.

Who are you maining?

• Simon Belmont

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Richter Belmont

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Both since they have the same moveset.

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I don't know, because of the Big 3, Sony's pretty stingy with their exclusives. Microsoft also was a big part of getting Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dead Rising 4 made back in 2015 and 2016, and they both eventually made their way to PlayStation, but similar cases with PlayStation, such as Street Fighter V, never come to Xbox or other systems. After all, it took them until just recently to finally quit being boneheaded about crossplay and holding people's Fortnite accounts hostage. So I can't say I trust Sony to let this be distributed to other platforms, sadly. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did, though.
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy was a timed PS4 exclusive, and Sony supposedly played a big part in getting that made as well.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy was a timed PS4 exclusive, and Sony supposedly played a big part in getting that made as well.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. But even then that one was a little scummy, because they didn't tell anyone that it was a timed exclusive when that was obviously planned from the start, as there'd been plenty of leaks about an Xbox version months before the PS4 version even released.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. But even then that one was a little scummy, because they didn't tell anyone that it was a timed exclusive when that was obviously planned from the start, as there'd been plenty of leaks about an Xbox version months before the PS4 version even released.
Yeah, there's that and on Street Fighter V it's not REALLY an exclusive. The PC version released side by side with it. From what I've heard Capcom wanted to do Crossplay and Sony agreed but only for PC players. Street Fighter V was also fully funded by Sony, so the fact that they were allowed to release it on PC at all was a hell of a triumph. Take Bayonetta 2 and 3 for example. Those games will forever be Nintendo Exclusive because Nintendo fully funded those games. They're Nintendo property. Like SFV is Sony's.

Super Bomberman R, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, and Dead Rising 4 were all tasked by their respective console exclusive companies but they weren't funded by them. I think this is more of that type of an exclusive than a Bayonetta 2 or SFV exclusive. At least, hopefully.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I still think that not a Chronicles X HD edition is a shame though ...

Still, yeah.. Ive played this games before... the switch would be amazing to replay them. and honestly i don't know how much a sprite game can benefit of 40k resultion.

D

Deleted member

It's been confirmed that the PSP dubs will be used for Requiem. So no "Die, monster!" or "What is a man?!" for those who miss the cheesy voiceovers from the original version of SotN. But this probably also means that game's PSP extras (playable Maria, etc.) will be present as well.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been confirmed that the PSP dubs will be used for Requiem. So no "Die, monster!" or "What is a man?!" for those who miss the cheesy voiceovers from the original version of SotN. But this probably also means that game's PSP extras (playable Maria, etc.) will be present as well.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm not familiar with the PSP version, but how could they not include "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets"? That's like re-releasing Star Fox 64 without including "Do a barrel roll!"

Oddball

Smash Lord
I was thinking Dream Mix.

"Snake, this is Simon Belmont, the vampire--"

"I know. I've met him before."

"You met a vampire hunter from the 1600s?"

"Yeah. I also remember a truck that turned into a robot being there and a kid that attacked with spinning tops."

"Are you okay, Snake?"

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Well Richter fans, it looks like we had a prophet among us.

539B8D58-0B40-4BAB-BFDA-3244C811CD37.jpeg

Dude wanted Richter for the past 3 years. I hope he’s happy now.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Well Richter fans, it looks like we had a prophet among us.

View attachment 168852
Dude wanted Richter for the past 3 years. I hope he’s happy now.
When I was talking to my brother about the possibility of a belmont getting into smash he asked "you think it will be Richter?" which at the time I didn't see it being possible unless they did every belmont as a different skin. So when it turned out Richter actually got in we were both thrilled!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm not familiar with the PSP version, but how could they not include "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets"? That's like re-releasing Star Fox 64 without including "Do a barrel roll!"
I actually just played the PSP version of SotN and I totally get why they aren't including the original VA, even if it was iconic: the main reason is that there are a good amount of lines and scenarios that were cut from the PSX version of the game that were present in the Japan-Only Saturn version, but that were included and voiced in the PSP version. This includes the Maria fight and mode, a dialogue with her and the Demon N familiar. It also had a more faithful translation (like that infamous phrase was a translation error, the actual line is something more like " A man is nothing more than a pile of hate and lies! " and the dub is also quite good, so I kinda feel bad that people complain about a legitimate good work because of the iconicness of a bad work made years ago.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I actually just played the PSP version of SotN and I totally get why they aren't including the original VA, even if it was iconic: the main reason is that there are a good amount of lines and scenarios that were cut from the PSX version of the game that were present in the Japan-Only Saturn version, but that were included and voiced in the PSP version. This includes the Maria fight and mode, a dialogue with her and the Demon N familiar. It also had a more faithful translation (like that infamous phrase was a translation error, the actual line is something more like " A man is nothing more than a pile of hate and lies! " and the dub is also quite good, so I kinda feel bad that people complain about a legitimate good work because of the iconicness of a bad work made years ago.
Not to mention they had to dub Rondo in the PSP version and wanted to keep the cast the same between games.
Here's the PSP version of the opening for those interested.

Last edited:

yogsmash

Smash Rookie
Personally, even though I am a dumb 15 year old kid who knows nothing, I see a lot of potential in Simon and Richter because of their projectile game, especially the cross. If it functions the same way as Castlevania (Yes, I have played Dracula x and super castlevania 4 b4 even though im 15.), the cross will be constantly moving hit box that goes across the entire stage with consistent knockback if it hits. I can see many setups and uses for this move alone. For example, if lets say he throws the cross away from the stage at the height of being in between platforms, it restricts the opponents from engaging him by rushing, which forces them to either jump over it to engage, block it or dodge it, or throw a projectile that has higher priority over the cross(Which we have not seen any). This is important as Simon is a camp/setup character with some solid combos. What I can think of after seeing the footage, is that if he can get out of the end lag of his overall moves fast enough, he can setup some cool stuff up like throwing an opponent into the cross which knocks them above and towards Simon, then shorthop holy water them to make them stay in the air, following it up with an uptilt, at higher percents, upsmash, axe throw, bair, fair, or even grab if holy water functions the same way as pk fire for ness, hitting them with constant hit boxes while coming to the ground, which can lead to true grab combos we don't know about yet. and these are just combos that can happen from the cross alone. other combo starters may be first hit of down tilt into cross to the above mentioned combo or upsmash directly after getting hit by the cross at higher percents.(Simon has plenty of frames to recover after the down tilt before the upsmash.)(Also upsmash range is broken). Besides combo game, I had this idea of using holy water as a way to return to the stage(When he throws it is sent at a 30 to 45 degree angle below him from his waist, which prevents opponents to attack Simon with aerials or close-up moves at least once before activating and could also probably eat projectiles while its active)This is very scary and could give him enough utility to be competitively viable even without the range on his normal and neutrals. But he has those because he is a Belmont and range is one of their iconic properties. Of course all this is just speculation.
TL;DR Also I forgot to mention this before, but I think we should not look at his projectiles as projectiles, but as assists like in DBFZ. Also Richter may have a better jump than Simon cus he's more acrobatic.

D

Deleted member

New 8-bit chiptune remix of Cross Your Heart (from Haunted Castle and a few other Castlevania games, and will be featured in Smash) from MyNewSoundtrack.

D

Deleted member

The version of Lost Painting from Symphony of the Night that plays in Ultimate is a new remix. I was honestly expecting the Harmony of Despair rendition, but this is a pleasant surprise.

So here's a list of Castlevania remixes we currently know are in the game.

Vampire Killer (Judgment)
Vampire Killer (New Remix)
Out of Time (New Remix)
Nothing to Lose (Harmony of Despair)
Black Night (The Arcade)
Bloody Tears / Monster Dance (New Remix)
Simon Belmont Theme (The Arcade)
Divine Bloodlines (New Remix)
Dracula's Castle (Judgment)
Lost Painting (New Remix)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
The version of Lost Painting from Symphony of the Night that plays in Ultimate is a new remix. I was honestly expecting the Harmony of Despair rendition, but this is a pleasant surprise.

So here's a list of Castlevania remixes we currently know are in the game.

Vampire Killer (Judgment)
Vampire Killer (New Remix)
Out of Time (New Remix)
Nothing to Lose (Harmony of Despair)
Black Night (The Arcade)
Bloody Tears / Monster Dance (New Remix)
Simon Belmont Theme (The Arcade)
Divine Bloodlines (New Remix)
Dracula's Castle (Judgment)
Lost Painting (New Remix)
I got to be completely honest here. Lost Painting's probably the best remix they've teased so far. I'm going to have a hard time NOT picking Dracula's Castle if all of the remixes for the stage are that amazing.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Just finished seeing The second season of teh netflix series <3

Funny how i just saw the end of a netflix animated series writtten by a famous brittish comic writer about a japanese videogame important on the 90s that took great inspiration of 50s universal monster pictures, that took inspiration from the brittish victorian plays obviously based on the victorian novel based on the lore of a romanina medieval prince.

i really wonder if they are going to end it on a high note (considering the series ended pretty well imo) or are going to continue, and if they are going tocontinue it, also wonder if they will go to Curse o fdarkness story and resolve both the plot hooks of Hector and isaac, and if they gonna use the dracula resurection plotline, or will go for something different.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Just finished seeing The second season of teh netflix series <3

Funny how i just saw the end of a netflix animated series writtten by a famous brittish comic writer about a japanese videogame important on the 90s that took great inspiration of 50s universal monster pictures, that took inspiration from the brittish victorian plays obviously based on the victorian novel based on the lore of a romanina medieval prince.

i really wonder if they are going to end it on a high note (considering the series ended pretty well imo) or are going to continue, and if they are going tocontinue it, also wonder if they will go to Curse o fdarkness story and resolve both the plot hooks of Hector and isaac, and if they gonna use the dracula resurection plotline, or will go for something different.
I finished it last night too and I love how it ended! I do feel like the last episode was trying to set up the storylines for a third season based around Curse of Darkness, so I'm pretty sure that's the route they're going to take. Maybe Hector will be the main character this time around? And maybe it can cut away at times to show what the Belmont/Belnades duo is up to as well. Only time will tell I suppose.

I'm not sure how long the show will run for, but personally I hope to one day see them change things up in a future season by jumping forward in time to adapt either a Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night storyline or even one based Aria of Sorrow/Dawn of Sorrow. (Mostly just because I want to see how bad**s they make Richter and Soma Cruz).

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Happy Halloween Castlevania fans!

I'm definitely going to try out Richter(Simon is cool but I like to give some love for secondary characters plus I'm a big fan of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night) and I can't wait to play on Dracula's Castle!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Now I'm not saying I'm gonna totally be icking up Simon when the game comes out but

IMG_20181031_060401.jpg

Tis the season and all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey.

Just to let you know guys, that tomorrow is the last Smash Ultimate Direct before the game releases. Of course we are already confirmed, but i wanna mention that i plan to leave Smashboards after the Direct happens (either by requesting a perma ban or by terminating my account), and therefore if anyone wants to take ownership of this social, please say so. That way the ownership will be transferred to someone else.

Not matter what happens tomorrow, i just wanna say im happy to have been such an avid supporter for Simon. Thanks guys.

D

Deleted member

any particular reason why you want toterminate your account, instead of say, stop logging in? :s
It's like removing a food you don't want to consume from your diet. You don't want it anymore, but old habits die hard. Because logging in has become too much a habit, i decided to take bigger measures.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
This year has taught me that sometimes, many come to terms with discovering that they have a new journey and path to begin, which means sacrificing something that holds them back from that path. Etika is the most recent example.

While I cannot grasp the full extent of your goal, as one on a similar path of resdiscovery I wish you well.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Makes sense - wasn't Richter the one who originally used it?
Yeah, Item Crashes originally debuted in Rondo of Blood. Though some (like myself) were hoping for the Holy Water Item Crash as his Final Smash, as unlike all the other sub weapons, in Symphony of the Night when Richter uses it he yells "Hydro Storm" which is one of his iconic lines.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
So, Fsmash looks awful. Guy got punished at practically full range. Also the startup looks horrendous.

Nair looks like a combo breaker?

Ftilt and aerials might be the saving grace of the character.

Projectiles are good, does the axe kill maybe?

Am anxiously waiting some frame data sleuthing.

D

Deleted member

With the base roster finished and Smash Ultimate releasing next month, I feel it's about time I leave Smashboards. As the original owner of the Simon Belmont support thread, I had my fun running it and seeing all this support for one of my most wanted characters; the original vampire hunter from my favorite game series that had yet to be represented in Smash.

Konami returning to Smash with Snake's return and Bomberman's Assist Trophy, along with a certain rumor, gave me hope that we might see Simon join Smash. Several months later, I burst in excitement when the accidental Bloody Tears leak happened, so much so that I was surprised I even slept that night. Now this classic gaming icon will be fighting other beloved characters like Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Samus, Kirby, Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud. And he even brought his descendant Richter, the star of one of my favorite Castlevania games, with him. There's also a wealth of content, from Dracula's haunted castle as a stage to cameos of bosses from earlier games to the selection of 34 music tracks to the Alucard Assist Trophy to these new "Spirits" from that mode. As a Castlevania fan, the Smash roster has never felt more complete to me, aside from when K. Rool was revealed.

Good bye, Smashboards. I hope to main either Simon or Richter when I get my hands on the game.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Anyone noticed differences berween these two yet?
Yes. Richter's jab finisher is an upwards swipe and Simon's was more forward. Perhaps I should get to making a video about it to try and beat some of the analyzers to the punch.

Visually, that's all I've got, I'll be taking a look at the angles/percentages soon.

Last edited:

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Yes. Richter's jab finisher is an upwards swipe and Simon's was more forward. Perhaps I should get to making a video about it to try and beat some of the analyzers to the punch.

Visually, that's all I've got, I'll be taking a look at the angles/percentages soon.
That should shut Re-memoryman up.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Every so often I remember Richter is in this game and get giddy.

Simon was my biggest Sm4sh want along with Bayonetta and instead I got my actual favorite Belmont. I can't wait to learn how to play. If he's good I might really go all in and learn all the advanced tech I usually shy away from (I'm super casual).

Also, how good was the second season if Castlevania?! That ending, man... I really hope we get SOTN and the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow games. Apparently the producer loves Soma so that's promising.

Double also, anyone else notice Juste and Shanoa as Spirits? Me and my friends were freaking out, haha. OoE is one of my faves in the series.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Every so often I remember Richter is in this game and get giddy.

Simon was my biggest Sm4sh want along with Bayonetta and instead I got my actual favorite Belmont. I can't wait to learn how to play. If he's good I might really go all in and learn all the advanced tech I usually shy away from (I'm super casual).

Also, how good was the second season if Castlevania?! That ending, man... I really hope we get SOTN and the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow games. Apparently the producer loves Soma so that's promising.

Double also, anyone else notice Juste and Shanoa as Spirits? Me and my friends were freaking out, haha. OoE is one of my faves in the series.
Juste is my favorite Belmont, so I was happy to see him getting recognized. :)

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice

we finally get a look at simon/richters costumes here. seems like simon gets most of the fanservice, with alts for his castlevania II appearance, trevor, castlevania IV, and julius. im not sure on the rest, but maybe his 4th is a reference to jonathan, 6th for soma and 8 is shanoa? i know richter's 5th is a reference to christopher, with the yellow outfit and red headband. his purple could be a reference to shaft and the green/gold to maria in symphony of the night. his black and gold looks like alucard's outfit in symphony as well, or perhaps its meant to be maxim? its difficult to say since we can only see their busts. what do you guys think?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love the colors, but I'm a LITTLE sad there's no Kojima alts for either of them. I at least was hoping for long-haired Symphony Richter, but oh well. The rest look so good. I love the variety and tributes to so many characters.

Top Bottom