• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social House of the Belmont Clan: Simon and Richter Belmont Social Thread.

Who are you maining?

• Simon Belmont

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Richter Belmont

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Both since they have the same moveset.

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Can't wait to get my hands on Richter when the game comes out. Really love his theme song, 'Divine Bloodlines'

Guys , look.
Simon and Richter can destroy projectiles with the Whip.

https://twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1061686290356297729
Can he destroy projectiles with any of his whip attacks or is it only work with his Ftilt?

That's honestly a pretty neat callback to the original games. Hope it doesn't end up being broken though.
I honestly don't think that feature will be absolutely broken since his f-tilts are pretty linear and it doesn't seem like it'll protect him from any projectiles that are coming from about him. Idk if he's able to destroy projectiles with any of his other whip attacks however.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Can he destroy projectiles with any of his whip attacks or is it only work with his Ftilt?
We know for sure that forward tilt, the whip chain attack (from holding A) and dash attack destroy projectiles. I would assume smash attacks and aerials (aside from dair, and nair from a practicality standpoint) would as well, and possibly up tilt, too. I wouldn't say it's broken, since a lot of sword characters had this property already, and relying on such moves to combat projectiles will eventually be baited and punished by a good player.

There's also some projectiles (at least in past games) like Samus' charge shot and Falco's lasers that are either difficult to destroy or simply ignore the opponent's attacks. I'm trying to remember the term for those kind of projectiles, I think they're something called transcendent hitboxes? I'm thinking there's a difference between Dark Samus' charge shot and Samus', and (unless they nerfed Samus even more) the whip should not beat the latter's charge shot.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
We know for sure that forward tilt, the whip chain attack (from holding A) and dash attack destroy projectiles. I would assume smash attacks and aerials (aside from dair, and nair from a practicality standpoint) would as well, and possibly up tilt, too. I wouldn't say it's broken, since a lot of sword characters had this property already, and relying on such moves to combat projectiles will eventually be baited and punished by a good player.

There's also some projectiles (at least in past games) like Samus' charge shot and Falco's lasers that are either difficult to destroy or simply ignore the opponent's attacks. I'm trying to remember the term for those kind of projectiles, I think they're something called transcendent hitboxes? I'm thinking there's a difference between Dark Samus' charge shot and Samus', and (unless they nerfed Samus even more) the whip should not beat the latter's charge shot.
The charge shot wasn't fully charged which is why Richter destroyed it so easily. Ryu's Tatsu can destroy a charge shot as well if charge shot is staled or isn't fully charged. The charge shot would have pierced through the Vampire Killer's disjointed hitbox if it was fully charged.

Last edited:

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
You can change the trajectory angle of Belmont's Holy Water.
Notice at around 0:09-0:13 that Cyve was able to throw the Holy Water significantly further on the second toss.

Last edited:

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
got a much better look at the costumes for everyone here. so, it seems like richter's 6th is based on his outfit in symphony, and his 8th is based on leon. pretty cool, shame that his hair color doesnt change at all though.

NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
I'll be maining simon and richter both in ultimate.
Their movesets look mighty promising and they pay homage to how they play in the castlevania series. I can't believe that both belmonts are playable in ultimate. I practically fanboyed when I saw their trailer from the 8/8/18 direct. Deffinitely looking forward to legit literally 'WHIPING" ass with the vampire killer with the belmont duo. The hype couldn't be more real.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'll be switching between Richter and Simon occasionally to feel them out, but I think I'll be more at home with Simon. I know Richter's the "cooler" looking Belmont, but when I think of Castlevania, I think of Simon and his beefy, medieval look, which I feel makes him more distinct than Richter.
Simon literally screams Castlevania with his outfit.
Richter, on the other hand, screams... Street Fighter? Fire Emblem? Anime?
(No, I haven't played Rondo of Blood or Symphony of the Night, so I'm basically echoing most people's reactions to Richter's reveal. I HAVE played Castlevania NES, Castlevania II, and Super Castlevania IV, so I'll probably be using whichever costumes are based off those games as my alts).

Last edited:

S-bow64

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, if it's confirmed that Simon and Richter are a 1:1 representation of their games does that mean Dash attack is fully invincible ?

'Cause if my Whip Tackle is not invincible I would be very disapointed indeed! Oh and Uppercut too.

On a little more serious note, that video really show the potential of the Belmonts and I like what I see. I didn't have an answer for it yet but is there a way to choose the range at which the Cross is toss ? It didn't seem to go that far on that video but I've seen it travelling way greater distance than that.

Noventiaa

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, if it's confirmed that Simon and Richter are a 1:1 representation of their games does that mean Dash attack is fully invincible ?

'Cause if my Whip Tackle is not invincible I would be very disapointed indeed! Oh and Uppercut too.

On a little more serious note, that video really show the potential of the Belmonts and I like what I see. I didn't have an answer for it yet but is there a way to choose the range at which the Cross is toss ? It didn't seem to go that far on that video but I've seen it travelling way greater distance than that.
Yeah, if you input the side-b like it's a smash attack it goes further, which is the smash variant.

https://twitter.com/SSJMoosh/status/1067256785696956418

Similar combo but going off the top

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Belmont's Holy Water will damage Belmont himself if the opponent shields the Holy Water flask right before the flames burst out
Example of this is shown at around 0:40 of this video:

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ive noted on the Wolf vs richter video that Wolf reflected the holy water and richter grabbed it like an item...

Holy water seems to be an item.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
You can catch the Holy Water flask if it is reflected or possibly blocked

Example of this is show at around 1:21 of this video:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It'll be Simon for me, for the same reasons as Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken pointed out. The medieval look is everything to me, and really prefer it over Richter's look.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I'm sorry that I flaked like that but... I'm a Belmont Gal now...

Mostly since I can actually combo with them...

Anyways I'm kinda mad that the Holy water is hard to hit, I think it works better on stages where there's no platforms around. I do hope I can figure out how to utilize it better... Kinda wish it stayed up for longer so that I can throw into it like you can with PK Fire.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm sorry that I flaked like that but... I'm a Belmont Gal now...

Mostly since I can actually combo with them...

Anyways I'm kinda mad that the Holy water is hard to hit, I think it works better on stages where there's no platforms around. I do hope I can figure out how to utilize it better... Kinda wish it stayed up for longer so that I can throw into it like you can with PK Fire.
PK Fire only bursts into flames if the projectile connects, though...

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
PK Fire only bursts into flames if the projectile connects, though...
Oh I was thinking about doubles when I was typing that. You can't do that on 1v1. The pillar also doesn't appear if you hit the opponent in the air, probably a good thing

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultkrool: vs :ultrichter: aka the hardest fight I've had in Smash as :ultkrool:

The boys are clean :ultsimon::ultrichter:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Richter can use superspicy Curry without having disadvantages. :D

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Can the Belmonts fall through stairs though
:pikachu:
I swear they made it easier for them to fall through platforms because I constantly seem to drop through them after a good jump.

(I don't really think so but it has lead to some funny deaths)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Okay I have come for one question and one question only.
Is the tech where you pick up the Holy Water as an item called the Holy Hand Grenade in this community? This is the most important question I have here.
If it's not it should be.

Last edited:

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Okay I have come for one question and one question only.
Is the tech where you pick up the Holy Water as an item called the Holy Hand Grenade in this community? This is the most important question I have here.
If it's not it should be.
I haven't heard of this before. Link? Explanation? Does it work on bunnies?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I hope that some day we get something like this. Some of the Castlevania's are really hard to find/get so it'd be pretty cool to have this for those who want to play the whole series. They did it with Metal Gear, they can do it with this series.

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 8.47.28 PM.png

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So I'm curious, how many people who're gonna be playing him are castlevania fanpeople and how many just fell in love with the character in smash?

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
So I'm curious, how many people who're gonna be playing him are castlevania fanpeople and how many just fell in love with the character in smash?
I just really enjoy his play style, super chess-like n I dig that. I did just pick up a SNES Classic tho so I plan on diving into the franchise any day here :)

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Has anyone seen this video before? I figured that it would be fitting to add this video to this thread.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Well, I got my *** handed to me online by a Richter and... whoever it was made me want to pick up the Belmonts. He crushed me and rebuilt me in his image in just one match.

Honestly, the reason is because he beat me without relying on thousands of projectiles. Up to that point I only ran into Simon/Richter players that fought by just throwing cross, cross, cross, axe, cross, cross, holy water, cross, axe, axe and use the whip for just defense and only until they can get a safe enough distance to repeat their zoning cycle. I can respect zoning (a little) but it's not how I like to play. Which is why I avoided playing characters like villager. That Richter crushed me with the whip and only used projectiles to extend his combos or when I was just out of reach.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I became interested in him because when I read the leaks before 08/08 and none mentioned K Rool, I might as well learn to like at least one of the newcomers. During that direct Simon looked really cool and I decided I’d get to know Castlevania better. Played SCIV, Castlevania I, Castlevania III and watched the Netflix series. Planning on Rondo of Blood next.

Luckily for me K Rool came unexpectedly as well!

Top Bottom