• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social House of the Belmont Clan: Simon and Richter Belmont Social Thread.

Who are you maining?

• Simon Belmont

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Richter Belmont

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • Both since they have the same moveset.

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
What do you think the chances are that we will get a new (hopefully 2D) Castlevania game for the Switch from Konami? Especially now that there is all this hype surrounding Simon and Richter joining Smash, and the series as a whole with season two of the animated series dropping in October. I've seen gameplay of the newest mobile game Grimoire of Souls and honestly, it looks pretty good. Ideally, I would have preferred it be a proper console/PC entry but it seems like Konami, in all of their recent terribleness, haven't forgotten how to make a good Castlevania game as evidenced by GOS and I'm dying to delve deeper into the series now more than ever before.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I got a question.

What is Simon and Richter like?

As in what are their personality like, based on the trailer, I got a bit of an Owain vibe from Richter. And I assume Simon has a son to carry on the Belmont name? Does he have a son and wife yet based on his appearance in Smash? The trailer didn't really convey much personality for him aside from "rough and serious"

What else is there to these characters. Have Richter and Simon ever met before this?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I got a question.

What is Simon and Richter like?

As in what are their personality like, based on the trailer, I got a bit of an Owain vibe from Richter. And I assume Simon has a son to carry on the Belmont name? Does he have a son and wife yet based on his appearance in Smash? The trailer didn't really convey much personality for him aside from "rough and serious"

What else is there to these characters. Have Richter and Simon ever met before this?
in their canons no, they never met before considering that Simon is one of Richter ancestors. We only got a glimpse of a posible simon's wife in the arcade "Haunted Castle" but is a game you should probably forgot (except for its music) and it was just the "nameless damsel in distress" kind of trope.

Obviously Simon's personality haven't been particulary fleshed on his games (ironically, Trevor got a lot more of character, even if he is also from the NES) But so far he seems to be a loner and determined person, but not a stranger to compassion, as we see him praying in dracula's tomb in one of Simon's quest endings. Unless you count the Castlevania Judgement appereance (not canon) in which case is a angsty whiny brat that is all about "i wanna show my power to the world grrr" but you soon will understand that we don't speak much of that game DX.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
in their canons no, they never met before considering that Simon is one of Richter ancestors. We only got a glimpse of a posible simon's wife in the arcade "Haunted Castle" but is a game you should probably forgot (except for its music) and it was just the "nameless damsel in distress" kind of trope.

Obviously Simon's personality haven't been particulary fleshed on his games (ironically, Trevor got a lot more of character, even if he is also from the NES) But so far he seems to be a loner and determined person, but not a stranger to compassion, as we see him praying in dracula's tomb in one of Simon's quest endings. Unless you count the Castlevania Judgement appereance (not canon) in which case is a angsty whiny brat that is all about "i wanna show my power to the world grrr" but you soon will understand that we don't speak much of that game DX.
Interesting, I think I'll just assume Simon in Smash has yet to meet Richter's great great ect grandmother.

How about Richter, am I right in assuming correctly with his personality being a bit like Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening (except maybe not as over the top), he has a fiancee doesn't he?

I'm also curious about Dracula, Alucard and especially Death

D

Deleted member

Unless you count the Castlevania Judgement appereance (not canon) in which case is a angsty whiny brat that is all about "i wanna show my power to the world grrr"
........is that why Simon looks like Light Yagami? (the god-wannabe of anime who wants to show the power of his death note?)

Godddamn, every time i learn something new about Judgement, i hate it even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I made palette swaps for Simon and Richter. Will elaborate later on what they are based on:

8E2CCCFF-8C4F-4EB9-8B29-6EC8039A5D28.png

5BCFCC26-30C9-42DB-AC9D-FC43534E9629.png

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
*Insert huge walll of text from me complaining about Grant's absence here*

No seriously where is he?
I think they already confirmed that Hector from Curse of Darkness and Carmilla will be making an appearance this season, so maybe Grant will show up at some point as well. It would feel kind of strange to make a series based on Castlevania III without him.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

ZelDan

Smash Master
It would be nice if Simon got a pallette swap for his Castlevania II design. While I don't like the game, that is one of my favorite designs for him.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Interesting, I think I'll just assume Simon in Smash has yet to meet Richter's great great ect grandmother.

How about Richter, am I right in assuming correctly with his personality being a bit like Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening (except maybe not as over the top), he has a fiancee doesn't he?

I'm also curious about Dracula, Alucard and especially Death
Richter's personality isn't purposely like Owain's but he does have some campy lines here and there. Including the famous "Die monster, you don't belong in this world."
Owain is considered over the top compared to everyone else in Awakening and Fates, while in Richter's case everyone has campy styled writing and delivery that makes him seem normal and heroic instead of Owain who's a oddball. Along with Rondo's more anime style.
Honestly, the best way to get a gist of Richter's personality is watching the FMV cutscenes from Rondo of Blood.
For learning about Dracula I really reccommend watching the first episode of the Netflix Castlevania (based on Castlevania 3) show as well as watch the opening scene of SotN to understand his character.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Watched the first two episodes of Castlevania on Netflix and it was very informative (and awesome). No idea he had a lost love motive for wanting to destroy the world. I also watched the bad cut scenes from Rondo of Blood. I think Dracula was still the best part of it. Didn't really learn much I didn't already figure out aside from Annette.

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Okay, if Richter has his Symphony of the Night outfit I’m moaning him. See ya later Wolf boy, I like this long hair pirate looking guy more!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why do we have two dedicated, pinned, social threads for Richter and Simon?

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
i posted this in the Richter thread, but I wanted to post it here too as an idea for a possible taunt, just because I find it hilarious. This is what happens if you use a key in Rondo of Blood, when you're nowhere near a locked door.
richterkey.gif

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Okay, if Richter has his Symphony of the Night outfit I’m moaning him. See ya later Wolf boy, I like this long hair pirate looking guy more!
Half of the reason i want this outfit such much is because it never been anything more than an artwork, casue in symphony of teh night Richter actually had the same sprite than in rondo...

The other half is because barroque trenchoats are amazing and long curly hazel hair is the best...

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Half of the reason i want this outfit such much is because it never been anything more than an artwork, casue in symphony of teh night Richter actually had the same sprite than in rondo...

The other half is because barroque trenchoats are amazing and long curly hazel hair is the best...
he had that design in DXC though

richterdxc.png

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
So I finally watched the first four episodes of the Castlevania Netflix show and have decided that the Belmonts' Final Smash needs to be just straight whipping dudes' eyeballs out of their heads. Get that Grand Cross out of there. More eyeball whipping, please.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I also watched the four episodes on Netflix, I was surprised there was only four, I hope season 2 has more.

I wonder if the shows popular enough, It will go through each Belmont to face Dracula in chronological order. Although maybe that would get too repetitive

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I also watched the four episodes on Netflix, I was surprised there was only four, I hope season 2 has more.
Season 2 is confirmed to have 8 episodes, and the show has already been renewed for a third season as well.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

I wonder if the shows popular enough, It will go through each Belmont to face Dracula in chronological order. Although maybe that would get too repetitive
It would be kind of neat if it became an anthology show, with only Dracula (and occasionally Alucard) returning from season to season. They could experiment with different tones that way, too, if each Belmont has a truly distinct personality.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
really hyped for Simon and the overall presence of CastleVania in Smash.
As many of you, I too cross my fingers for some sort of CV collection on Switch. Now that Square dumped a ton of FF games on the System, I feel like it's time for some SotN Action on a nintendo console

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
really hyped for Simon and the overall presence of CastleVania in Smash.
As many of you, I too cross my fingers for some sort of CV collection on Switch. Now that Square dumped a ton of FF games on the System, I feel like it's time for some SotN Action on a nintendo console
Can you imagine the entire Dracula X Chronicles ported to switch due to Smash hyping up Richter and Alucard? I’d pay pretty much anything for that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Can you imagine the entire Dracula X Chronicles ported to switch due to Smash hyping up Richter and Alucard? I’d pay pretty much anything for that.
This would be SOOO HYPE... i managed to beat that game in a friend's Vita, but never owned it...

After seeing the Capcom beat em up's collection.. i Really hope for a Castlevania collection ... or even a couple...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hooh. Finally got done with Castlevania 1, III and Rondo of Blood so far. Forgot completely how unforgiving by design the games were - the slow pace on them all doesn't also help either.

Funnily enough I was told that Castlevania was the original Dark Souls before the latter was even conceptualized. Anyway, that gothic horror theme and the music is insanely holding up well. Truly classic in Classicvania. :applejack:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really hope Vergeben is telling the truth about that Castlevania collection. After playing the Mega Man, Mega Man X, Street Fighter, and Capcom Beat 'em Up Collections I just want more. And a collection of Castlevania games will do gangbusters for the series.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
uh? there seems to be some news regarding a compilation of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the night coming to ps4...

Maybe Castlevania Chronicles X HD is really happening? (and if its happen... not putting it on the switch would be ridiculous considering Richter and alucard in smash basically are giving it free exposure)

And i mean, you guys have seen how popular is richter between the non Castlevania fans... from a marketing standpoint, it would make perfect sense :/ (maybe because makes perfect sense konami won't do it?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

uh? there seems to be some news regarding a compilation of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the night coming to ps4...

Maybe Castlevania Chronicles X HD is really happening? (and if its happen... not putting it on the switch would be ridiculous considering Richter and alucard in smash basically are giving it free exposure)

And i mean, you guys have seen how popular is richter between the non Castlevania fans... from a marketing standpoint, it would make perfect sense :/ (maybe because makes perfect sense konami won't do it?)
PS4-exclusive, huh? I know the 360 port of SotN is already backwards compatible with Xbone, but the lack of a Switch version is more surprising to me, assuming this does turn out to be real.

Cool that this is happening, though. Rondo finally getting a re-release past the PSP/Vita and Wii VC, and PS4 no longer being the only PlayStation system not compatible with SotN. And interestingly, if this does get ported to Switch and Xbone, it'd mark Rondo's Xbox debut and SotN's Nintendo debut.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I’m not remotely familiar with the process of rating games, especially internationally. Is it possible that the rating/listing for a Switch version is done independently? Or is having ONLY a PS4 version rated a nail in the coffin?
I can't say either way unfortunately.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
D

Deleted member

So it was an exclusivity deal with Sony by the looks of it.

Still cool that these games will be available to more people, though.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
On the one hand, I just got my Spider-Man PS4 Pro, so I'll be able to play these without trouble. So that's good for me at least.

On the other hand, GODDAMNIT. I really wanted SotN on Switch. I've beaten the game on my phone before, so getting a better portable experience would be incredible.

From the looks of things, Sony seems to be responsible for developing the ports, as though Konami just licensed the games out to them to package like this, so the exclusivity at least makes sense. After all, it's not like Konami is really doing much these days besides... Super Bomberman R?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On the one hand, I just got my Spider-Man PS4 Pro, so I'll be able to play these without trouble. So that's good for me at least.

On the other hand, GODDAMNIT. I really wanted SotN on Switch. I've beaten the game on my phone before, so getting a better portable experience would be incredible.

From the looks of things, Sony seems to be responsible for developing the ports, as though Konami just licensed the games out to them to package like this, so the exclusivity at least makes sense. After all, it's not like Konami is really doing much these days besides... Super Bomberman R?
Well, for what it's worth, apparently Nintendo was a big part of getting Super Bomberman R made and yet that made it's way to other consoles. I feel the same is going to happen for these games as well.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Well, for what it's worth, apparently Nintendo was a big part of getting Super Bomberman R made and yet that made it's way to other consoles. I feel the same is going to happen for these games as well.
I don't know, because of the Big 3, Sony's pretty stingy with their exclusives. Microsoft also was a big part of getting Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dead Rising 4 made back in 2015 and 2016, and they both eventually made their way to PlayStation, but similar cases with PlayStation, such as Street Fighter V, never come to Xbox or other systems. After all, it took them until just recently to finally quit being boneheaded about crossplay and holding people's Fortnite accounts hostage. So I can't say I trust Sony to let this be distributed to other platforms, sadly. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did, though.

However, I can see it coming to Switch later as a result of Requeim likely getting buried by Red Dead Redemption 2, which I just realized launches on the same day. Releasing on that day is a death sentence, as most of the press, discussions, and purchases are going to be centered on that game, while a fancy port of a couple games that are relatively niche and over two decades old are going to go totally unnoticed, except for a miniscule demographic. If the game came out on Switch that day, it'd sell better, because it wouldn't have to compete with RDR2 so directly.

Celeste and Sonic Mania both sold more on Switch than on all other platforms combined, so hopefully someone at Konami marketing realizes that the Switch can help them gain much more revenue.

Top Bottom