• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOPEFULLY i found a new combo for samus...

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i wanna say all bowser had to do was roll left but it looks pretty cool. i thought it wasnt possible to nair out of a morph ball but maybe the extra height of the footstool makes it possible. nice work regardless.

ZitchX

Smash Cadet
The thing that baffles me is...

I did this first on a human player... and they seriously couldn't avoid my Nair...

so i hit a fully 66% damage combo on his azs ...

Uair -> footstool -> MBB -> Nair -> Neutral A Jab Lock across FD -> fully charged Charge shot...

sadly i didnt spike the bowser :(

Zx

tha_carter

Smash Ace
n00bs wrong though, it is possible.

If you use the frame by frame hack, in low-mid % some footstool possibilities are there. I only tested DK, but if you U-tilt him around 40% you can do a short hop footstool after he bounces. You have about a 3 frame window to drop the bomb after the footstool. Than you have to mash A so that Nair comes out ASAP.

The effect should be; the opponent bouncing from the U-tilt, than being footstooled and just as they touch the ground your nair comes out and locks them, and almost immediately after that the bomb explodes to continue the lock AND give you a chance to run up to them and continue the lock (best option would be to just jab).

Ive only done it in realtime once, but im saying... there is footstool possibilities.... EVEN after a super missile or fully charged shot =)
Same idea. FYI up tilt has more hit stun and will work more often. I tried Uair too, theres too much of a window for the opponent to attack. I think the best options were as follows; Up tilt, Smash missile, Uair, and then Charged shot.

Good stuff though, if you found this out yourself...

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Looks tight as ****. Also looks really difficult to perform on a human (ie them getting low % uair'd). Props on discovering vs a human.

@Carter: Wish I saw that post earlier. For me I'd be able to apply it from smash missile best, I'll try the other options you mentioned.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of this, but if you could set up that jab lock, wouldnt you be able to turn around and use that utilt jab lock setup as they get up from the first jab lock?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I just thought of this, but if you could set up that jab lock, wouldnt you be able to turn around and use that utilt jab lock setup as they get up from the first jab lock?
Should be able to depending on %. Only issue would be you're giving them an opportunity to tech after the utilt.

Miles.

Smash Champion
i wanna say all bowser had to do was roll left but it looks pretty cool. i thought it wasnt possible to nair out of a morph ball but maybe the extra height of the footstool makes it possible. nice work regardless.
you cannot tech a footstool.

Hive

Smash Lord
in training I had some issues with them being able to DI out it (from the utilt or uair).... IDK anyone else having a bit of a hard time with that? Its still a very kwl setup for jab lock.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
you cannot tech a footstool.
i didn't say tech, i said roll. i wasn't sure if the bowser was able to just roll ASAP before the nair came out, because the window from the footstool to the nair is pretty long if you mess up.

ZitchX

Smash Cadet
in training I had some issues with them being able to DI out it (from the utilt or uair).... IDK anyone else having a bit of a hard time with that? Its still a very kwl setup for jab lock.
Well... they can DI it backwards... but you can still land a footstool with proper prediction... The only DI that i can find capable to Avoid the Footstool is Smash DI away and Down.... But even then if you can do this with the right height... that wont even work... ^_^ Go Samus!

Zx

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The combo can be escaped. The smaller the character the harder this "combo" is to pull off.

However, THANK you for tring to find new ways to improve samus. This type of thinking will make her grow later on.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ Xyro~, Samus is already tall as it is! If she grows any taller, then she's an easier target to hit. :( Nah, I'm kidding. XD This little combo looks pretty spiffy. C:

Top Bottom