• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Any idea how tables function here? I can make multiple rows, but I can't figure out how to do multiple columns. SB does something different than plain HTML.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
@ Crome Crome It took me a minute as well. Basically, the | acts as your column breaks. I just hit return/enter to move down to the next row.

So like:

Column 1 | Column 2 | Column 3 ((no spaces between the words and the |)
((enter)
C1 Data | C2 Data | C3 Data (again, no spaces between words and |).

All wrapped within the table brackets [xxxx] [/xxxxx]

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Thanks @ Syde7 Syde7 , let me test this real quick.

|
Stages|Comments
|Smashville comments here
Test|Test

So yea, that's how I want to format it. Stages clearly being depicted as pictures, with peoples' comments. Any idea on removing the column headers?

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
@ Crome Crome

I think you can maybe do just a || with no text. I believe that makes a blank column. Alternatively, you can not use the [ table head ] code or what have you... not sure. Worst case scenario, leave the column headers in and replace them with "Stage" and "Notes" , thus making your 2nd row start with the stage and comments as opposed to having another heading for them. Not 100% sure though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
@ Crome Crome , When I designed the OP for the MU thread (which I still think looks like poop and will fix soon), I basically just browsed the character boards of like 10 or so characters and just looked at their thread to see what it looked like. The closest I found was one that used a table because tables are sexy and organized.

Just take a look around other stage threads and see how they did it.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Thanks guys. I'm really bad at organization but I'll do my best.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hey all my Robuddies, I have fallen into a bizarre problem I'm hoping to get some help on:

I scheduled a Tournament, Road to Glory for June 20th for a long time now, and just a few days ago another TO in the SAME CITY just scheduled an event for June 20th as well.
This is a gross scheduling conflict.

Normally this kind of problem is easily resolved and the proper thing would have the TO change his date, but I was informed that this was actually as sabotage.

This isn't too unbelievable, because "spite tournaments" which are designed to sabotage other TO's events have happened several times in the recent past. So I do lend this some credence.

The best course of action is politely asking the TO's to change the date - whether sabotage or not it will solve the problem. But I need your help!
Please take a moment to post a message on Facebook HERE and on Smashboards HERE asking for the date of their tourney to a be changed.

Thank you so much!

More info:
On SWF
On Reddit
#OregonDrama

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone I actually main sheik but am looking to pick ROB up as I did play him quite a bit at first but wanted to focus on sheik for awhile. I was known in brawl for my Samus play but a little known fact is I had an even meaner R.O.B. Since I miss playing the guy I will be on here a lot to learn from you all who have been sticking to our beloved robot since smash 4 began. I believe I play him pretty well just because in general he liked to do the same things it is just done a little differently now I feel like. At least how I played in brawl seems to transfer over quite well in most regards. I am very pleased with the recent influx of high level R.O.B.'s in tournaments. Just watched Holy win a major and that was inspiring as all hell; me and him used to discuss R.O.B. tactics back in the brawl days and it was really cool watching him still rep the destructive robot. So yea anyways give me any cool tips or tid bits on how he fairs in this game or point me too good threads and I look forward to getting to know you guys more as I did not frequent the brawl R.O.B boards like I did for Samus.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Can someone please go over how to Gyro spike? I keep seeing it, but have no idea how it works.
Basically you z-drop or hard-throw the gyro down onto an opponent when near the edge. The direction the opponent is sent after the hit depends on the direction ROB is facing. So, if the opponent's back is to the ledge, and you z-drop/hard-throw down the gyro onto them, they will be sent toward the edge/off the stage. You can follow that up with a D-air or Double Jump→D-air depending on the character's weight, percentage, and positioning. You've got to have the opponent pretty close (maybe 2-3 char lengths away at most) in order for it to send them far enough off-stage for it to be successful.

We call it a gyro-spike because the gyro is used to set-up the spike.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Can someone please go over how to Gyro spike? I keep seeing it, but have no idea how it works.
Basically you z-drop or hard-throw the gyro down onto an opponent when near the edge. The direction the opponent is sent after the hit depends on the direction ROB is facing. So, if the opponent's back is to the ledge, and you z-drop/hard-throw down the gyro onto them, they will be sent toward the edge/off the stage. You can follow that up with a D-air or Double Jump→D-air depending on the character's weight, percentage, and positioning. You've got to have the opponent pretty close (maybe 2-3 char lengths away at most) in order for it to send them far enough off-stage for it to be successful.

We call it a gyro-spike because the gyro is used to set-up the spike.
To truly see how which direction you're facing effects your opponent's knock back when you throw the gyro, go to hyrule temple where there is always a wall to test this one. It's on the upper level of the stage to the right. Now set up like this:
| x o
| = wall
x = you
o = opponent/cpu/testdummy/etc

Throw the gyro off the wall. Doesn't matter if you are facing right, and you flick the c stick left. When the gyro leaves ROB's hands, he will be facing left. So when the gyro bounces off the wall and into your opponent, instead of being knocked away from you, they will actually get hit by the gyro, and get knocked into you. Natural physics do not apply here. It makes zero sense logically. It's just the way the gyro was designed.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Actually it makes sense but it is very complicated technology so you would not understand.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Natural physics do not apply here. It makes zero sense logically. It's just the way the gyro was designed.
It makes perfect physical sense to us Gyrobotoids!
What physics were you applying, that antiquated human physics set into mental motion by Newton? Bah! That will get you nowhere in the Subspace!

r0jo

Smash Rookie
NNID
SubtleTypos
3DS FC
4012-4269-2383
Hi!

I'm Rojo, I've been playing Smash since 64, and I play Melee and Sm4sh fairly regularly. I main ROB and Dedede, with Mario as an additional secondary. I've been lurking Smashboards for a while but finally got around to making an account, so here we are. I'm hoping to improve upon my gameplay, so I'll be around pretty often. Hit me up if you wanna play a match anytime (I've only got the 3DS as of right now), I'll be happy to play!

Hope to see y'all around.

Elliott Crawford

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elliance1
3DS FC
3695-0557-2895
Guys! Im going to be playing in my VERY FIRST TOURNAMENT!!! Its going to be a small tournament held at my school during finals week with one of our school clubs and Im so excited ^_^ I can't explain how I feel right now, It's like some weird mix of excitement and anxiety, I have something to practice Smash 4 for! I'm debating if I'm gonna go through with Sonic or R.O.B., my boy Typodo is my main bounty and he plays G&W, tips would be great! I wanted the ROBsquad to know this first! Im gonna grind so hard! EC2 is gonna make his debut!

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Guys! Im going to be playing in my VERY FIRST TOURNAMENT!!! Its going to be a small tournament held at my school during finals week with one of our school clubs and Im so excited ^_^ I can't explain how I feel right now, It's like some weird mix of excitement and anxiety, I have something to practice Smash 4 for! I'm debating if I'm gonna go through with Sonic or R.O.B., my boy Typodo is my main bounty and he plays G&W, tips would be great! I wanted the ROBsquad to know this first! Im gonna grind so hard! EC2 is gonna make his debut!
Best of luck!

Some First Tournament Tips:
  • Getting nervous is normal. Most players never quite get over their nervousness 100%, but for first-timers, it can be super overwhelming. Make sure to get a good night's rest the few days leading up to the tourney, and especially the night before.
  • Also eat a good, clean breakfast (staying away from heavy, greasy foods, they'll make you feel sluggish) if it starts in the AM or early afternoon), as well as a clean lunch or light snack of bananas, yogurt, bagel + peanut butter.
  • Try to avoid sugary sodas and energy drinks if possible, and drink lots of water. Nothing wrong with mixing in some soda for a change of taste.
  • Before your set is called, take a moment to do some deep breathing and clear your head. Maybe take a tennis ball/stress ball and give work with it for a short bit before your match.
  • Between games, feel free to take a moment to breathe, to clear your mind. Reflect on what you did poorly on, and visualize you not doing those things again, and doing the right things instead.
  • Trust in your practice. Try not to think about your actions, esp. as it relates to tech skill, as thinking about them will probably wind up causing you to flub them. On the same note, don't try and pull something that you worked on for two hours the night before in tournament.
  • Play lots of friendlies if possible
  • Have fun!

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
Some First Tournament Tips:
Just to add: get to know the TO(s)! Even if it's a smaller, local tournament, the TO is likely doing a lot to help make the event a success, and it always feels nice to get to know players in the course of running the event. TOs, I've found, that feel appreciated and respected by older and newer players alike are way more likely to keep running events (because it becomes a positive experience for them), and that benefits you as a tournament-goer! (And, yes, you are now a tournament-goer. Welcome to the club! <3)

Elliott Crawford

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elliance1
3DS FC
3695-0557-2895
Just to add: get to know the TO(s)! Even if it's a smaller, local tournament, the TO is likely doing a lot to help make the event a success, and it always feels nice to get to know players in the course of running the event. TOs, I've found, that feel appreciated and respected by older and newer players alike are way more likely to keep running events (because it becomes a positive experience for them), and that benefits you as a tournament-goer! (And, yes, you are now a tournament-goer. Welcome to the club! <3)
I know them both. They both roomed with me in our Wind Ensemble trip and one of them, my boy Jon aka faintllama, is one of my best friends! It's being sponsored by our D&D club and Jon made it happen and he is awesome for that!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Hey @ Jaaahsh Jaaahsh you're from MN right? You familiar with a guy named Slinky? He apparently is from NC... goes to college up in MN (somewhat recently got into the scene from what I can tell), and is back in NC for a bit (Im presuming the summer). Just was curious if you've heard of him/played him, and how good he is.

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
Hey @ Jaaahsh Jaaahsh you're from MN right? You familiar with a guy named Slinky? He apparently is from NC... goes to college up in MN (somewhat recently got into the scene from what I can tell), and is back in NC for a bit (Im presuming the summer). Just was curious if you've heard of him/played him, and how good he is.
I know SLiNKY super well. He's part of one of the more successful clans up here in MN (called Wreck City). He's really good, for sure. Not part of our PR, but definitely was in the running when it was being decided last April. He's a chameleon, too; he's really good with a large number of characters. No enormously glaring weakness either.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I know SLiNKY super well. He's part of one of the more successful clans up here in MN (called Wreck City). He's really good, for sure. Not part of our PR, but definitely was in the running when it was being decided last April. He's a chameleon, too; he's really good with a large number of characters. No enormously glaring weakness either.
Cool deal. What a small smash world. He'll be at some of our tourneys the next couple of weeks. I hope to get to play him or MM him. I'll let ya know how it goes so you MN and NC smashersvp can get a baalpark on skill levels. Sorry 4 typos.. on mobile

DryDry

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9948-2964
Hi everyone, my name is DryDry and the ROBsquad sounds awesome. I am definitely a R.O.B main, as well with Samus, and I also secondary Bowser and Captain Falcon. I havent really been in competitive smash before, I've only done For Glory, and I dont know if you guys call that competitive or not. I have never been in any tournaments, though I would love to be in one. Thats all for now, seeya guys on the Smash Board!

Elliott Crawford

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elliance1
3DS FC
3695-0557-2895
Well one session of For Glory and I narrowed down characters I loathe playing against w/ R.O.B.. Sonic, Captain Falcon, campy Mewtwo, and Shiek. I saved replays and I will record them when I get home for feedback on my progress as a R.O.B. main.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Stage thread is updated, later than it should've been. I've been busy this week, sorry.

We're now discussing battle field!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Photo time
HNI_0020.JPG
HNI_0066.JPG
HNI_0099 (2).JPG

Also can you guys help me out in the Rate their chances thread DLC by nominating R.O.B. eye bug fix x5, you just abstain from the current rating if you don't want to do that. I just want R.O.B. rated before the weekend.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
We kill kirby at 130% with upthrow, so it looks like no buffs for us Uthrow wise.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Man what a day to be at work. Here's hoping we made it through this patch unscathed

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
As far as I've heard, we haven't been touched by any nerfs or buffs or anything.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
It feels like R.O.B. is taller and his grab range was increased and his Up-Smash does 1% more and kills Pikachu about 30% earlier

Top Bottom