• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hold on a second!

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
I always knew Kirby could copy any character's standard B (Exception being Kirby).

But I never knew he can also obtain super armor frames from them either:ohwell:.

Like Dk's Giant Punch. He gets the super armor frames when he shouts 'Pound!' Or Ike's standard B when he slams the sword into the ground and the fiery explosion. You do the math.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
... I always wanted to test this.

As both a DK main and a Kirby main, I thank you. SA is the one thing Kirby's really lacking. He's got a spike, he's got grab combos, a good aerial game, an OK ground game, amazing recovery, and now in certain cases SA.

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
Well...technically, no. Kirby's inhale functions as a grab, and has the faux super armour that all grabs get. The same thing occurs with D3's, Wario's, and Yoshi's Neutral-Bs
Well that I know. I'm just saying that characters who's standard B has SA you can copy as well if they have it

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Awesome. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Also, the B moves function exactly like their owners', meaning you can do some neat tricks (like Ganon's reversed Warlock Punch recovery, or Eruption to slow your momentum, not that Kirby really needs extra recovery).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6db4qAC42LM

Super Armor at 2:00 and 2:23

I was going to ask what the big deal was, because he copies the opponent's powers EXACTLY...

until I remembered that his Mach Tornado is noticably smaller than Meta Knight's. o_O

Still, they function the same.

Pan!c

Smash Rookie
It copies the move... All of the move. Why wouldn't it give Kirby super armor?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Kirby has the best super armor there is when he is in stone form. Kirby is a character that has everything, except for wall jump, wall cling, gliding, and crawling.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I was going to ask what the big deal was, because he copies the opponent's powers EXACTLY...

until I remembered that his Mach Tornado is noticably smaller than Meta Knight's. o_O

Still, they function the same.
yea, it always pisses me off that when you copy marth you get a tiny-*** sword. how am i supposed to get inside marths zoning to land a hit with the ****** blade?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it still has a big range :laugh:

though I suppose not as long as Marth's.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby I think also gets 9-punch from DK XD
What?

That reminds me, I think I heard that DK's punch is strongest right before it's fully charged?

Unless I didn't actually hear that.

Not sure about that, but it won't put you into freefall until it's fully charged.
Oh, that's awesome. I didn't know that. I've avoided DK PAUNCHING offstage ever since the first time I suicided with that. :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
What?

That reminds me, I think I heard that DK's punch is strongest right before it's fully charged?

Not sure about that, but it won't put you into freefall until it's fully charged.

T_T

Smash Cadet
What?

Releasing the paunch on the ninth rotation of the charge (a full charge is ten rotations of DK's arm). It is far more power, by that I mean it can kill at like 50%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8lG3arClg

At 2:08 and 2:27 a nine punch lands.

Kirby also get this it seems. But it doesnt seem quite so devastating.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Releasing the paunch on the ninth rotation of the charge (a full charge is ten rotations of DK's arm). It is far more power, by that I mean it can kill at like 50%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8lG3arClg

At 2:08 and 2:27 a nine punch lands.

Kirby also get this it seems. But it doesnt seem quite so devastating.
I was right :O

It's also nice how Kirby's Giant Punch (I think it's called that) has a HUGE range.

Top Bottom