• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 25: Monsters Arcade! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! Vids are up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Actual conversation:

Ran: "Hey guys, why don't you do that match up on the live stream?"
Response from actual competitors that would be a good match: "It lags. We are waiting to play on the nonlaggy tvs to be open."

I tried to get people on the Livestream. I was denied, even for high profile friendlies.
^This. If people refuse to play on the livestream TV, there's nothing that can be done. And if people hate their whining, then you viewers can tell them to man up. Xyro is just trying to make the players happy.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
According to Keith, there were two televisions hooked up to the livestream (one that lagged and one that didn't). Is this correct?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
According to Keith, there were two televisions hooked up to the livestream (one that lagged and one that didn't). Is this correct?
yes and no. there was 2 tvs hooked up and both were laggy. That is why lee and roy both asked me several times not to use it...that was tv3. Tv2(broly tv) had lag and people didnt want to play on that one. Some said tv 4 had lag but i dont know. Tv7 kept going off and on through-out the day. tv 5 was mega small and people complained about that. tv 8 was in the far right corner and no one wanted to be there cause the space was too small.

they didnt allow me to change anything(i guess cause there was no room) so i had to play the hand i was given.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, I believe the system was hooked up to the HDTV and then also connected to the regular one and like four other HDTVs on the walls. Players could have easily looked at the regular TV to play, but people still complained about that lag. We maybe could have hooked it up to the normal TV, but we were told not to touch anything. And there was no microphone on the computer that was streaming.

Whatever the case, most of it was beyond our control. Not blaming the venue, but there wasn't really much that could be done.

Make the best with was given...that's what I've been saying. :ohwell:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Like everyone has been saying, people wanted to avoid the TV because they thought it lagged. Maybe those four didn't care or notice.

Xyro77

Ok. Well, in that case, I'm suprised that Dphat, Razer, Infinity, PX and Trela decided to play on those tvs.
They either didnt care or didnt care enough to voice thier opinion. And on top of that, all of those guys really dont complain alot anyways.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
DeAngelo just wants to have a nice long talk...he's just ronrey.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*sigh*

P4, it's only funny if the person denies it. I'm not going to. You will not troll me.

Now I'm going to go take a nap...like my new avatar.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Wow... guess FLIPHOP is gonna have to start off the SHOUTOUTS:

ROYR: Dude we did amazing in teams. We are slowly building that chemistry for a team that doesn't even practice together what so over. We got this next time.

1vs1

1: Gnes== Dude you repped hard at this tourney. You on that Fliphop Late 08 early 09 swag... Let's meet up at UH this week.
2: Lee== You. Finally. Removed. The. Curse.
3: Dphat== Sorry no friendlies Dphat :(
5: Razer== Razer we don't play no more. Stop avoiding me you ***.
5: Trela== We need to play. Show you some nasty stuff >:(
7: illmatic== I had a feeling you was going to beat me before the set started. Amazing Peach man. Glad you enjoyed the tourney. See you again sometime!
7: Infinity== Dude long time no see. Too bad we didn't play any friendlies. We shall team one day also.
9: Denti== No friendlies sorry bro :(
9: TIFFhop== You did pretty good. Still placed in the single digits. Teams might be where you shine. If I was you, you should be practicing. Tiff is amazing.
9: Hyro== Great stuff kicking our *** in teams.
9: Shlike== I'm sorry I didn't do friendlies with you.
13: Jnig== Great stuff man. I want a rematch!
13: RT== Great seeing you again bro.
13: Ozz== Our set is always intense. Don't be mad that you lost. Makes you strive harder to beat me. I know your nerves were shaking cause after our set I was shaking like a mad man. When it's my last real tourney I will give you all the practice you need prior k.
13: Esca== How to beat a sonic? Good thing you didn't ask Razer :laugh::laugh:
17: Zori== Mad cute. Thanks for calling back. Next time put it in Ruben's tab
17: Jerm== Dude I didn't talk to you that much. How you been.
17: Arcadia== Don't know
17: Jon== Don't Know
17: CY== MR. Ripped. Haha glad to see you!
17: Fk== I saw you!
17: Px== Luigi Ladder match? Great stuff seeing you and those guns!
17: Tesh== Don't know
25: PJ== I want to see that video you recorded of the venue. ADVERTISE ME
25: Ran==We didn't talk enough. Great seeing you again!
25: Big Q== Small Q
25: Gova== Gova
25: Broly== Hey man. Sorry teams ended so fast :(
25: Roni== Sup!
25: Leaf== Dude great stuff made it halfway in placing. Great improvement since last time!
25: Mr.T== I pity that foo.
33: Pogue== Don't know
33: Omega== DOn't know
33: BuiBaBoom== Don't know
33: P4== Kara and Tiff. Nuff said.
33: MPH==Don't know
33: Jiovanni==Don't know
33: Riot==We didn't talk much how you been!
33: Since==Don't know
33: Panty==Don't know
33: Boroz==Don't know
33: Zolo==Don't know
33: Sync==Don't know
33: SAB==Don't know
33: Vorgy== I didn't face you wth :(
33: Tree== ***** us in teams.
33: Alpha== Nice meeting you again. Killer fox
49: Igloo==Hope you had an amazing time. Down to earth guy. Sorry you had to face me so early. Hope you liked my Diddy style. Improve improve improve!
49: Diego==Don't know
49: Gamma==Don't know
49: Verde==Don't know
49: DML==Don't know
49: noh==Don't know
49: Noogy==Don't know
49: Newd!==Don't know
49: Batou==Don't know
49: Kadin==Don't know
49: LJ==Don't know
49: Xyro==Thanks for hosting the tourney so close to my house. Good for a change. I shall not disappoint you next tourney
49: Cody==Don't know
49: Wingless==Don't know

Anybody I missed I'm sorry. See you next tourney.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Uh......

I played only Falco for singles.

Change plz, thnx Xyro.

And thnx Esca for housing.

Good tourney, fun times, I'll get you next time RT.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Right. Shout out time.

First and foremost.

Tree: Maaah Tree. Good **** with MT2v2. Glad you came home with us man. Denny's was hella fun. Did not expect me to carry us in MT2v2.

Turnipdaisy: Totally glad I convinced you to screw work man. You ****ing mad the after tourney meal a blast. I haven't laughed as hard as I did in a while man.

Shadow: Tripped into my Dsmash. Nuff said. <3

Zori: Nice seeing you again, one last time. Hahaha. Good **** carrying PJ. LOL.

RGV: Because I can't remember your names to save my life because I rarely talk to you. LOLOL is my dawg though. Get scared by my Ganon. SHL, your Zero Suit is lol. Good ****.

Razer: Good ****. Though I thought you used Fox for mid tier...

Dphat: We didn't get to do our MM. Hahaha. Close matches in MT2v2.

P4/Flip: Man. GGs. To the both of you. I didn't expect to win against you guys at all. Also, FLIP. YOU DIDNT'T PLAY ME IN B+ :sad:

Adin: GGs man. I'm sorry that I didn't play you more. >:

Tesh: Westly Snipes. That is all.

Ozz: Cheer up man! You looked so pissed. GGs anyways.

Roy_R: Man. Why are you so gooooood. Hahahaha. Teach me to be a better player in general man. I look up to your Marth.

PX: LOL. Dude. You were hilarious on the sticks. You're reactions to Ganon in Brawl+ made me smile. I hope you had fun.

Leaf: Best Pika in Houston. rite? 8D See you in the DR. <3

RT: You're such a coool guy man. You're like just mad chill.

Xyro: Man. You're such an amazing TO and a great person overall. Thanks for helping to make my last Hobo in a long as time an amazing one.

Riot: We didn't have our MM! Hahaha. Nice seeing you again bro.

Batou: I'm obv the superior Falcon. Hahaha. Glad to see you one last time. GGs.

If I'm forgetting ANYONE. Please lemme know.

Thanks guys. I really loved this HOBO and I'm glad t ended as it did. Anyone who even has the gall to insult Xyro and his tourneys needs to shut up.

This is coming from a Broomer of Brawl+. :V

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Now I'm going to go take a nap...like my new avatar.
I was wondering about that......

Champ, we're good dude. I thought we made up already? We'll chill next HOBO.
Alright cool we can do friendlies or something. And, yea I wasn't 100% sure but cool sorry for being a *******.

And, Flip or Gnes teach me the ways of Diddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Neko... although I still think the whole thing is kind of piontless, I will concede that Brawl+ is infinitely more fun to play now than last year when it was a melee ripoff.

Allied

Smash Master
Gnes, Lee <3

razer what happened buddy?

Ozz you'l get em next time! :D top 5 sons

Popertop

Smash Champion
why did i get a phone call from deangelo at 2 am
Same lololo
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF he called me too.

I was busy actually SLEEPING like a normal person at 2:30am after a long hotass day.
I was on the road at 2:30 am. Sorry P4 I didn't do good in teams :(
dear god I'm glad I don't have a phone right now.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

and flip, you should team with me sometime.
c'mon, you know you want to.

Honestly, I play this game so infrequently that I don't even notice lag on TVs anymore, lol.
I've been playing every once in a while on a SUPER laggy tv. Can't powershield on reaction, all the buffering is off. I got used to regular after a few matches but it was awful. then my c-stick quit on me I was like :mad: FUUUUU-

the heat honestly didn't bother me it's to be expected that the venue will be hot.
the only times it hasn't been was places like whobo, and that one hobo at Lee College in baytown. big open spaces like that are great, but harder to find I guess.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
lmao what an idiot, who blacks out.
YOUR POKEMON AFTER I STOMP THEM WITH MY DRAGONITE :)

But yeah i'm glad to see someone remembers me. I better start making more appearances to build a better rep. Speaking of better CF's Neko, you may be the **** in brawl plus but I think i have you beat in regular brawl, but it was good to play you one last time before you leave for the Navy.

Xyro I request a match.

But it's no ordinary MM...I'll pay you in the amount of a 2 piece leg and thigh and a biscuit.

Pick up your gamecube controller, THERE'S KFC ON THE LINE :laugh:

....and I always get my chicken -_-

Suspect

Smash Hero
Its easy. Suspect is WRONG.
I didn't even say that's what happen lol I ASKED what had happen. I was right in the sense of that is what WOULD of happened if that situation...happened.

but yea I didn't even say happened, I just asked so I cant be wrong about anything lol.

I said happen 6 times in this post

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm going to do my shout outs tomorrow, since I'm feeling my energy level finally get up to par.

Zori

Smash Champion
i lost my controller at hobo :( if anyone saw if can you give it back? (lol like someone would give it back) its sliver and the rubber is off the cstick

i know im not going to get it back but its worth a try ;-;

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
n.i.g.g.e.r.

I know I don't really see eye to eye with anyone in the smash community aside from the black people.
WTF? Xyro's not black.........
Yo dawg dat ***** kingcome be on dat real **** YA HEARD? straight hardcore gamer right thur he got that hat on backwards calls people cousin who aint even his kinfolk nuegga all us *****s aka ***** aka waturmelon cotton pickin chicken eatin jiggaboos love dis foo me gnes greyfox neko jermturnipdaisy suspect fogo van jones zori Dangelo trela love this STRAIGHT O.G KC ALL DEE

Xyro77

Uh......

I played only Falco for singles.

Change plz, thnx Xyro.

And thnx Esca for housing.

Good tourney, fun times, I'll get you next time RT.
fixed

YOUR POKEMON AFTER I STOMP THEM WITH MY DRAGONITE :)

But yeah i'm glad to see someone remembers me. I better start making more appearances to build a better rep. Speaking of better CF's Neko, you may be the **** in brawl plus but I think i have you beat in regular brawl, but it was good to play you one last time before you leave for the Navy.

Xyro I request a match.

But it's no ordinary MM...I'll pay you in the amount of a 2 piece leg and thigh and a biscuit.

Pick up your gamecube controller, THERE'S KFC ON THE LINE :laugh:

....and I always get my chicken -_-
DONE! Who vs WHO

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
WTF? Xyro's not black.........
BUT I AM BLACK!

So therefore as the social powers given by the man law society, I can conjure any match I want....and a manly black man wants a KFC freaking MM o.O

And if you don't want fried chicken, your missing out. It's not a sense of being black haha....

But what do we have here?

What, you want some too? I"ll have you throw your controller down on the floor in anguish as we head out to KFC after you lose 10 MM's ina row.... I'm maxing out your credit cards bro :laugh:

Trela

Smash Lord
Ok. Well, in that case, I'm suprised that Dphat, Razer, Infinity, PX and Trela decided to play on those tvs.
I was told that one of the TVs at TV 3 didn't have any Lag, so it was all right with me if I had to play on it. Still, I didn't feel any Lag while playing Infinity/Razer/Dphat on that TV.

I personally thought the LiveStream was awesome there, too. It was Streaming on like 5 different TVs and was the first HD one I've ever seen. Sad to see that many people didn't enjoy it.

Top Bottom