• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 24=May 8th, 2010! Bring wii/tv/ssbb for free drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Bowser is mid and he's in your low tier events >_>

Plus Lucario really isn't any better than Pit or TL. I'll work on my Kirby and decide come Hobo though.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Nah mid tier is fine as it is right now. Seriously. And Bowser is the most underused character in the game so who cares bout him.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Bowser is mid and he's in your low tier events >_>

Plus Lucario really isn't any better than Pit or TL. I'll work on my Kirby and decide come Hobo though.
bowser is borderline LT, lucario isnt borderlind mid tier. case closed

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If anyone deserves to be slapped in mid tier next, s'gotta be Pikachu.

:D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not gonna happen after what happened in MLG. :/
One player does not dictate how good a character is on the tier list.

If that were the case, Captain Falcon should be at the top because of Ally's shenanigans.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
But there's plenty of good players showing what pika can do. I dont see why people care so much where their character is on the tier list. Specially when you know they range from middle to high tier. Its all the same.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
One player does not dictate how good a character is on the tier list.

If that were the case, Captain Falcon should be at the top because of Ally's shenanigans.
You werent around for early melee were you? CHU was the one responsible for the ICs going from LOW TIER to HIGH TIER(you cannot find a single IC main from that time doing ANYTHING other than him). Your example with falcon is HORRIBLE because falcon does NOT have ANYTHING remote-ly broken or even close to advantageous(sp?) on ANY character(that counts). He also is pretty maxed out (techical wise) and the only falcons that are doing anything are the ones who are just simply SMARTER than the foe they are playing.

Gnes

Smash Master

Am I doing it right?
If i wanted suspect....i would have aimed him.

Get your own internet persona

/endtroll

You werent around for early melee were you? CHU was the one responsible for the ICs going from LOW TIER to HIGH TIER(you cannot find a single IC main from that time doing ANYTHING other than him). Your example with falcon is HORRIBLE because falcon does NOT have ANYTHING remote-ly broken or even close to advantageous(sp?) on ANY character(that counts). He also is pretty maxed out (techical wise) and the only falcons that are doing anything are the ones who are just simply SMARTER than the foe they are playing.
Fly amanita=ice climbers

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You werent around for early melee were you? CHU was the one responsible for the ICs going from LOW TIER to HIGH TIER(you cannot find a single IC main from that time doing ANYTHING other than him).
I wasn't around, but I know of what he did, yeah.
In that case, I'd say that Ice Climbers were ALWAYS that good. It just took Chu to show everyone how to go about playing them.

In other words, Chu didn't make Ice Climbers viable. They already were. He just opened everyone's eyes.

Prime said that what happened at MLG (ESAM, a Pikachu, getting 4th) would prevent Pikachu from going down to mid tier, which is something I commented about in relation to the mid tier event (particularly because of the 'Lucario for midtier events' joke discussion).

Prime's pretty much saying that ESAM would prevent Pikachu from going to mid tier because of how well he did.

I will admit that saying that a player has no effect on tier placement was a bit too broad. I will say instead, that a player shouldn't have an effect on tier placement, primarily because of their own accomplishments.

ESAM's placement shouldn't dictate Pikachu's tier placement. Pikachu's still a bad choice for tournament play.

If player accomplishments are considered at that level, then Ally would make Falcon much, much higher than where he is now.

=====

Besides, shouldn't you be losing to Esca's Samus?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Brawl - >>>>>> +

And I believe that a players accomplishments should effect the tier list. If one person can do it, then everyone else should be able to.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

Does this mean i can hit you, fly under the stage twice, get onstage rinse repeat as much as i want?

and are wiimotes banned? mlg rules lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom