• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 22: WHOBO practice session # 1! BRING FULL SET UP FOR FREE DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Allan, M2K's strat had nothing to do with the ledge. He literally stood on the Sville platform, waited for it to start moving to the right, and glided under the stage and then landed on the platform again. He could still do his BS while you're being ridiculous about the LGL.

You just need to ban gliding in it's usage as a stalling tactic.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Xyro if your going to ban that strat please let me word it for you lol.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
AFter Winterfest, i am in a sour mood over how gnes was robbed of his wins. The ledge grab limit will be enforced HEAVILY at hobo 22. 1 grab over the limit and u lose the whole set. no 2nd chances. Oh and it doesnt matter if it reaches timer or not.
Just making sure
It only applies to Metaknight right?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Melee was a very popular game, and it technically still is.
The marvel scene has erupted at HOBO though, I saw them duke it out and I was amazed.
I wasn't however amazed at the Magneto/Sentinel/Psylocke rampage people were doing, however it's been a custom in marvel for years in various tournaments from ranbats to EVO, so i'm not surprised at the least bit.

We need more Street Fighter Third Strike. I remember going up there after I completed doubles with my teammate for brawl and NO one had third strike, cvs2, king of fighters 98, guilty gear or nothing...I had to supply it. But they had SFIV.....pfft....I don't like that game too much.

I"m still sorta pissed about the M2K crap he pulled on Gness, Gness deserved that win. He didn't cower in the corner and Gness fought brilliantly. That's what happens when they don't place that ledge grab limit.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Give people a loophole, and they will take full advantage without any remorse. :ohwell:

Might need some judges to watch matches.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro if your going to ban that strat please let me word it for you lol.
i got the sbr to word the meta CP rule. so yea ill probably ask the same thing again this time.

Just making sure
It only applies to Metaknight right?
oh of course, almost every restriction from this day forward will be on metaknight.

Give people a loophole, and they will take full advantage without any remorse. :ohwell:

Might need some judges to watch matches.

Yes. Every metaknight will always look for the loop hole. As said before, ban meta and magicaly 90% of this games problems will go away.

And then ONLY judge is ME. If i see it or it is reported to me, that player will lose the entire set. no questions and no remorse.

Guys, please take the gnes vs m2k discussion to the houston thread. Ive made a rule and i want your opinion on it.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
LOL just 1 grab over the limit and you lose regardless if time was ran? LMFAO wow, when me and Lee ditto we average around 35-50 ledge grabs through edge guards alone. Also assuming you're doing this ruling in teams as well? lol HOBOs are becoming a joke now. I'll no longer be attending such trashy events. I won't be in Houston till Whobo. Sorry PX we'll team some other time.

Xyro77

yes dphat, even by one grab. wanna know why? You know as well as i do that you will push the very limit of each rule when it comes to metaknight.

You refuse to play this game in a SLIGHTLY decent manner(come on man, you base your entire game on lege stalling in teams), so IMO and yours, you dont belong at a hobo. You are one of the few who literally TRY to be as homo as possible in teams or singles and you dont care whos chances you wreck. Thats wrong Dphat and u know it.

im sick of bending the rules for meta players.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
No worry Allan, your events are losing hype, its ran poorly, TO ignorant, etc etc. Good luck with your failing event. Anyways what do you mean people like me? People who play MK? LMFAO you're a joke Allan.

LMFAO NAME one time where I ran time on someone in singles WITH MK? Doubt you can.. cause you know why... never done it. And you're judging me off a team strategy that me and Lee did? LMFAO Alright Allan please be more ignorant.

Xyro77

Dphat, you try to make me feel bad by saying my events fail but you dont think it through.

Hobo has been around for 21 events. DO you REALLY think these events would get bigger and bigger and bigger after ever 2 or 3 HOBOs(name a series thats as long as mine that grows with every event)? Its no reflection of TO or rules or whatever(if it was, my very own HOUSTON players would be the first to quit going). Its called.....Things get old. And since its brawl it gets older FASTER. Sure ill have HUGE pops here and there(hobo 10/11/whobo/17/whobo 2) but the days of pullin in 80+ every event are over. Brawl/hobo is not new anymore and certain things can almost always be expected at each hobo these days....razer/gnes/dojo/lee in top 4. The days of OMG i cant WAIT to see what happens isnt there anymore(we get the same people at each event). This isnt BAD but its showing signs of stalling and leveling off. its natural

Xyro77

SO out of 21 events you only had 4 SUCCESSFUL EVENTS? 4/21 IMO = FAILING.
"Success" is an opinion.

You are looking for a HUGE turnout(over 100) in order to call it a success. Numbers dont ALWAYS mean it was a success. IMO there are hundreds of ways to see if an event was successful.

Did people have fun?

Will people return?

Did i hit a new attendance record?

Can i get XYZ/multiple oos/tx pr to show?

Can i win low tier?

Can i run this event under XYZ conditions(lack of set-ups/rainy day/ swin flu)

Will dugfinn and de angelo kill each other?

Will fun plex keep us?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
"Success" is an opinion.

You are looking for a HUGE turnout(over 100) in order to call it a success. Numbers dont ALWAYS mean it was a success. IMO there are hundreds of ways to see if an event was successful.

Did people have fun?

Will people return?

Did i hit a new attendance record?

Can i get XYZ/multiple oos/tx pr to show?

Can i win low tier?

Can i run this event under XYZ conditions(lack of set-ups/rainy day/ swin flu)

Will dugfinn and de angelo kill each other?

Will fun pleax keep us?
Hmm the last couple of hobos was not fun for me, no I will not be attending, no attendance record was not broken, no I won't be showing up (a tx top5 pr member), low tiers don't matter to me, don't know next question wasn't a TO, don't care, and.. not sure cause I don't talk to funplex. Overall... from what i can tell Hobos been a failure basing it off these questions you asked.

ANYWAYS, not going to start anymore trouble I'm done, good luck to those who attend this event I'll see yall in April.

Xyro77

Those questions were for me. XYRO is the one who determines if it was a "success" or not. IMO the ONLY hobo i consider to be a TRUE failure was HOBO 19. It was HORRIBLE and even then, some say it was still pretty fun.

YOU may not have had fun at the last few hobos but i know others did. Im pretty sure magik had fun 3 stocking snakeeee and im quite sure me and lee had fun winning low tier teams and ADHD already said he had fun. I know gnes and razer had fun beating dojo and adhd. The FUN(or lack of) for one person does not determine if the event was a "success" or FUN for the REST of the people.

I have learned that NOTHING makes an event FUN for EVERYBODY in the room. Its impossible.

EDIT: sethlon recommends i just do a LGL and it only applies IF it goes to timer and on top of that we add the Stage Glide rule. Since he asked nice, ill use those rules.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I had fun at 20 and I was playing like crap.

I will say that I don't approve of you always getting on DPhat's case publicly, though.

Xyro77

With my ignorance? So I bring up an issue about stupid ruling = ignorance? TBH I just stated my opinion on a STUPID ruling and you personally bash me? LOL What garbage, you sure are drawing in people with that kind of attitude Allan.
i thought you were done with this thread? u cant seem to get enough of me, it seems. u like my zair that much.

Xyro77

And once again Allan is unable to state anything that is actually useful and ignores posts where hes unable to give back a viable/reasonable response without looking stupid. GG Allan you fail at defending yourself.
what do i need to defend myself for? follow my rules or dont go. no defending needed.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea... maybe I won't go to this after all. I just wanted to go to Houston to play Melee and maybe re-learn the basics of Brawl.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Melee was a very popular game, and it technically still is.
The marvel scene has erupted at HOBO though, I saw them duke it out and I was amazed.
I wasn't however amazed at the Magneto/Sentinel/Psylocke rampage people were doing, however it's been a custom in marvel for years in various tournaments from ranbats to EVO, so i'm not surprised at the least bit.

We need more Street Fighter Third Strike. I remember going up there after I completed doubles with my teammate for brawl and NO one had third strike, cvs2, king of fighters 98, guilty gear or nothing...I had to supply it. But they had SFIV.....pfft....I don't like that game too much.

I"m still sorta pissed about the M2K crap he pulled on Gness, Gness deserved that win. He didn't cower in the corner and Gness fought brilliantly. That's what happens when they don't place that ledge grab limit.
I do understand your points about marvel. My friend will be bringin 3rd stike every tournament/cvs2/other retro games if you want to play with him and his friends. Last time 3rd strike was there and it drew a small crowd.

Yea... maybe I won't go to this after all. I just wanted to go to Houston to play Melee and maybe re-learn the basics of Brawl.
What Why? What community doesnt have drama. It gets worked through and it gets better. Corporations do it all the time. The Ceo/President of a company always argues with the Co-Ceo because they have different views and they make it work by all means necessary if you can understand what I mean. I see it as a discussion, not an argument...

Xyro77

Due to certain issues with my fiance, HOBO 22 will NOT happen on January 2nd, 2010. I have moved it to Feb 6th, 2010. I apologize for this and i swear it will not happen again.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I mostly agree with Dphat. Just not the more personal attacks. Just rule/MK stuff. :p

I am most likely attending HOBO 22. Who wants to team? Dphat? Lee? Esca? Dojo? UTD Zac? DMG? I'll take anyone good that will be fun to team with.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
HOBO 22 should be fun. I had a lot of fun at HOBO 20 and 21, hopefully 22 will be just as fun.

It's also cool seeing that I'm improving. I just need to learn a couple more matchups and then I should start placing decently.

Also, does anyone need a partner for HOBO 22? I can use Wolf and D3.

:058:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, am I still with Xyro for LT teams? If not and Sonic is legal, I'll gladly be with Espy. I'm also game to be with Bored or Lee since double Ike makes me hard.

Xyro77

i really wanna do a side event of ssb 64. buy that game guys! yea, inui if u go, we can team

heytallman

CTALL
i really wanna do a side event of ssb 64. buy that game guys! yea, inui if u go, we can team
If you make it official beforehand, I can provide a setup, and bring 2 controllers. However I have a thing about people using my controllers (my gray one people can use, but nobody touches my atomic purple one but me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom