• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HK's SHAFT - Jan. 2, 2010 - Milford, MA - Out of State Welcome!

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
I PRESENT YOU WITH Hot Kaarl's Super Happy Action Fun Time - I Had My Hopes On TripleTree (HK's SHAFT IHMHOTT)

AllIsBrawl Page

To start off the new year right, we are going to have an awesome Brawl tourney honoring Hot Kaarl who will be back home for this winter break!

This will be an all day event in one of DoubleTree's meeting rooms.

Aiming for 40+ attending! This number is important because I really would like to break even. If the tourney is successful this could become a recurring event!

Pricing:
Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 (per team)
3rd Event (TBD): $3

Schedule:
11AM - "Doors" Open / Brawl Doubles Registration Starts
12PM - Brawl Doubles Begins!
XXPM - Brawl Singles Registration Starts
XXPM - Brawl Singles Begins!
XXPM - 3rd Event Registration Starts
XXPM - 3rd Event Begins!
9PM - GTFO

Brawl Rules:
• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
• Standing Infinites ARE BANNED, you must be traveling during CG's. Wall infinites, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)
•Planking is a form of stalling and is banned. The 70 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 70 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 70 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 70, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

Stages:

Starters/Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

VENUE RULES:
1. No outside food or drink allowed! (There will be purchasable drinks there, as well as the ability to order in-house pizza if desired)
2. Keep loud swearing to a minimum!
3. Be polite and couteous to all hotel staff!
4. No vandalism!

Rule Enforcement:
If you break a minor rule you get a warning. If it happens again you are gone!

Venue Info:

11 Beaver St.
Milford, MA

The hotel is being very trusting in letting us use one of their meeting/banquet rooms so make sure to act like adults. Like I said earlier, if this is successful, there are likely more to come!

PLEASE USE SIDE ENTRANCE (More info will be posted about the event protocol as the date nears.)

Pics of Venue:
Inside View 1
Inside View 2

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I endorse this tournament.

I'll also bring a melee set up so us real smash players wont be bored.

<3 just kidding a brawl is fine too

Prawn

Smash Master
LETS HYPE THIS **** AND GET A BIGGGGGGGG TURNOUT.

word.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Sweeeeet, def coming, yo hdt my roommate is a GW main and he lives in westwood, you gaiz should totally do a double gdubs team. XD

Prawn

Smash Master
I'm gonna start hyping this to some OoS. It'd be nice to go to a 40+ person tourny before Pound 4.

Prawn

Smash Master
lol i doubt your gonna be able to just "find a ride" to pound 4.

er...

there's a 50% chance I can't come to this. I may be in NY for Christmas/New Years. I don't want to go then, I'd rather go a week before, but...

I WANNA GO TO THIS SO MUCH FFFFFFFF

Top Bottom