• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hippiedude's Luigi

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Well some of you wanted some up to date videos of myself and ta da! Here it is! Critique and be harsh because personally I was doing a off day =].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PNiiKayzug Chopin (Peach) vs. CM (Luigi) - 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgnss_eCwk4 Chopin (Peach) vs. CM (Luigi) - 3

I'll up date more, my friend's currently uploading more videos.

Edit:

New videos here, I've finally played offline with a friend and holy **** I never sucked more XD

Dec 11,2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXNafg2yAbQ&feature=channel_page CM vs Ether

Rofl I got 2 stocked ^^ I srsly have a bad spotdodge habit >.<

Dec 11 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r92VMXj8Z-U&feature=channel_page CM vs Ether 2

Lmfao in 30 seconds my 1st stock was gone ^^.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
*Sorry for double post*

If I may offer advice, I noticed you go for u-smash and u-tilt a lot. I wouldn't use those moves too much, more as a surprise or unless you KNOW you've got the hit. Because sometimes you would d-air, n-air then u-tilt but they would've rolled away by the end of d-air.

U-smash is great out a shield, its not very easy to nail someone with it if you charge it. (Maybe online its easier, but offline its very easy to avoid)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Do you have any matches that aren't online? Its really hard to tell how good someone is from online matches, just because a lot of tactics become totally unviable with the lag.

_Green_

Smash Rookie
Do you have any matches that aren't online? Its really hard to tell how good someone is from online matches, just because a lot of tactics become totally unviable with the lag.
But the funny thing is. These battles looks like they were offline matches.
I think people tend to underestimate wifi a bit too much at times. Yes obviously Luigi sucks *** when there's noticable button delay, but if it's something like 00.1 then it's really fine for him.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
But the funny thing is. These battles looks like they were offline matches.
I think people tend to underestimate wifi a bit too much at times. Yes obviously Luigi sucks *** when there's noticable button delay, but if it's something like 00.1 then it's really fine for him.
Actually, the 00.1 could be the difference between successfully hitting a jab-Up B and missing it. And that could be the difference between winning and losing a match

Scary thought eh? xD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol, sorry i dont know how to play offline tbh XD

Edit: I have green connection with my friend. There's barely any lag. And yes .1 lag can really make a difference. I dont enter any tourneys. i just wifi wh0re my way up.

_Green_

Smash Rookie
Actually, the 00.1 could be the difference between successfully hitting a jab-Up B and missing it. And that could be the difference between winning and losing a match

Scary thought eh? xD
I mean to say .01, but yea. =P
Still it's not as "bad" as certain people try to claim.
Though offline >>> online all the way

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Very true. I <3 offline to death

Although it is fun to charge Marth's neutral B online and watch as people run into it XD

Right hippie? :D

PolMex23

Smash Champion

I like some things but...Its online an u play to slow.

Way too slow for me. umm, i dont like the fair to air dodge approach thing...

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Man, we already know you're a beast online (A BEAST!). I would love to see your offline stuff though.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I watched the offline vid only.

All I can really say right now is that you shouldn't go for the Jab to UpB unless you`re CERTAIN it`s gonna hit. A lot of the times you would jab really far away, and other times you would UpB facing the wrong way. You`re lucky the peach was terrible at punishing that XD

Other than that, you go for a lot of combos that are **** on wifi, but are much easier to DI and airdodge offline. Your Mario did this a lot too, I noticed when we played last night. Instead of going for reflex combos, try and predict their airdodges to set up for maybe a grab or u-tilt, or even an UpB if they are at high enough percent

Your better than I thought you would be offline xDDDD

<3 Hippie

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Your offline matches suck.
A little harsh but.........

I saw the offline matches

Hippie, your spacing? were did it go?

You were rushing a lot! Slow down a bit and analyze the situation before going in for the attack.

You need to sweetspot with your up-B and side-B believe me they will work wonders.

LOL awesome OoS up-B timing I need to work on that.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Locuan if you play MK now I'm going to be very disappointed in you =/

And hippie, no offense or anything, but this is why online play and smash theory can never equal tourney experience. Unless you're like... 15 years old, you live in N.Y. so you should be going to Chu's place every single chance you get.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I play:

Diddy, Marth, MK, Snake, Ness, Luigi, Falco, Mario

Ask Wigi he knows XD.

EDIT: And as I explained a long time ago I change sig/avatar themes a lot of times.

LuigiKing said:
And hippie, no offense or anything, but this is why online play and smash theory can never equal tourney experience
QFT

Vist

Smash Champion
Locuan if you play MK now I'm going to be very disappointed in you =/

And hippie, no offense or anything, but this is why online play and smash theory can never equal tourney experience. Unless you're like... 15 years old, you live in N.Y. so you should be going to Chu's place every single chance you get.
lol... Chu's place is near dc which is a good 4 or 5 hours from N.Y. With the exception of ninjalink, it's pretty rare to have ny players drive down here.

But anyway LuigiKing you still have a good point, there's a bunch of good players that hippiedude can and should be playing with in person at local ny events instead of playing on wifi.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
okay look if you people are gonna keep telling me that offline>wifi then ****ing hop off srsly. tell me something else that's really productive than bull****. i've already known that as long as i can remember. it's ****ing alot ****ing better then just playing CPUs the whole ****ing day. some ****ing people just can't go out and find people and meet up for a offline match or look for a tourney and find the right *****ing time for it. i dont need every ****ing person coming in here repeating the same bull**** every ****ing time. once is already god*****in good enuff

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Whoa hippie. Calm down. But everyone, cut hippie some slack. You can't expect him to drive ****ing 5 hours to DC to play somebody for a while and drive back. Actually, the only person I could really have offline friendlies with is hippie, but I'm only 13 years old and so I doubt I'd be allowed to. Yet, what are people like us supposed to do? Instead of telling him to play offline over and over again, how about you give advice like you're supposed to? He even said that he's aware they're online, I think. Jesus.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Find a friend.

One who lives near you.

Get good with him.

First step is finding a friend. Good luck.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Everyone here needs to stop being douchebags.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you are.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hippie, how old are you though? Just wondering, because it's definitley easier to get around when you're older.
16 and that's what i mean about getting out ^^

@ sp already have.

@ hero thank you very much ~.~

@ delta agreed.

literally majority of the elite players are at least 18+, are free men and women able to go out of state w/o having ****ing parents bugging you with school. so really bleh loll.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1

and sp already have.

and thank you hero ~.~
Yeah, I'm 16 too and I just got my learners license so I'm HOPING I can drive out to more tournaments ,instead of having only bi-monthlies to go to -_-

Still, beats laggy wifi. X^D

So yeah, any chance you can try to get your license? If you could, you'd become 100 times better and everyone would get off your *** XD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm 16 too and I just got my learners license so I'm HOPING I can drive out to more tournaments ,instead of having only bi-monthlies to go to -_-

Still, beats laggy wifi. X^D

So yeah, any chance you can try to get your license? If you could, you'd become 100 times better and everyone would get off your *** XD
lol but isn't a permit what your talking about? if so, you need someone like 18+ to be with you when you drive i believe or at least that's what the city says.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
lol but isn't a permit what your talking about? if so, you need someone like 18+ to be with you when you drive i believe or at least that's what the city says.
Yeah, it's learners permit in Canada X^D

I'm planning to get my full license in 3 months though

That's you should do. I think the rule is you can't be out past 12am for 2 years after passing the driving test though.

I dunno if its the same down there :p

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well aside from all this I reinstate:

Spacing is key so work on that primarily.

Also, sweetspotting your upb and sideb is very important.

I'm not on my computer or any of the like so I'll watch the online vids later.

Vist

Smash Champion

@ sp already have.

@ hero thank you very much ~.~

@ delta agreed.

literally majority of the elite players are at least 18+, are free men and women able to go out of state w/o having ****ing parents bugging you with school. so really bleh loll.
I can understand not being able to get out to OOS events because you're 16 and can't drive but
there's like biweekly events and stuff in nyc all the time. Are your parents not cool with letting you go to them?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I can understand not being able to get out to OOS events because you're 16 and can't drive but
there's like biweekly events and stuff in nyc all the time. Are your parents not cool with letting you go to them?
I really don't wanna go further then this since it's highly unnesscary and it's personal life stuff I don't want crap like " oh too bad for you, your parents are a load of ****!"

But it's not that but, the transportation issue, the how to get there issue, the finding the right time or if it's a okay time to get there, and the work issue thing, school issue and all that ****. I mean all of these can be get around with but it's just matter if they can all happen at the same time in just that one day.

If anything I plan my *** to go to Apex NYC tourney (Supposed to be biggest tourney yet in nyc). But that's in april and I wanted to enter small tourneys first but as I said, the issues is mother****er.

And many people that I know are in college which are the elite smashers who have the right to go out, chill in a hotel with cash, drive on how they please, hang out with their friends etc etc. I mean literally being 18+ now that I look at it has it's pros and obviously duh cons and ****. but you catch my drift.

and if you look at Delta, whom I always wifi perfectly with, hes 13 so it's bigger ***** for him.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's learners permit in Canada X^D

I'm planning to get my full license in 3 months though

That's you should do. I think the rule is you can't be out past 12am for 2 years after passing the driving test though.

I dunno if its the same down there :p
Wouldn't matter even if it is, I doubt any cop with half a heart would honestly enforce something like that unless you're doing something you shouldn't be.

Top Bottom