• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hippiedude's Luigi

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeah, I guess we were a tad harsh. I remember back in my melee days I was only around 16 and couldn't go to tournies... However now I'm 19 and have a car and get to drive all over the place, which is essential considering I live in Idaho. Haha. It is great fun when me and my buddies go on road trips to tournies though. 100+ man in Spokane, WA tommorow wooooooo! Wish me luck!

TheMann

Smash Ace
I'm lovin that up+b OOS on that first fight vs ether. I been implementing that more into my game lately too.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Hippie and I are the same age =O.

Anyways: I don't fight Peaches often but i'll go with what I saw your friend doing. He (I assume) had to basic approachs; Fair and Dair.

He used the Dair either more at a distance, or when you were both in the air. He used the Fair when you were a medium range (just enough so that he could catch you with the hit frames). One thing I'm not sure you get much work in is powershielding, either learn it or use it if you are hiding it from us ><. The Fair pulls Peach towards you, so a powershield could lead to another beastly OOS UpB like you pulled off first stock, or a grab (which you didn't do too much).

When he does the Dair, you shield it, but then you have a weird spot dodge reflex which you are aware of. Since your opponent didn't do any grabs (pretty sure I didn't see any). You could have thrown out the spot dodge altogether. However, i know from experience that some stuff is just reflex, so you'll just have to condition yourself to use it sparingly (if at all), no biggie.

Practice teching on Luigi's Mansion sometime (offline) and get the feel for it. If you have a friend, go to corneria, if not take a CPU to LM, because it's bound to hit you into a ceiling. On Corneria, mix up between teching the wing, and bouncing off the wing and teching the ground (that's hard to time if your opponent is waiting for an attack). That way, you can add a little variable to your game there.

I think that's it, in my lame opinion of peach, I think that you should refrain from combos against her because she seems to be able to do all these attacks really quickly to throw you off. Nair plays an even more important role in this fight. Back up a little read your opponent, but at least watch your own vids and snapshot your opponent, whom i presume isn't going to radically change their game next time you fight.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't matter even if it is, I doubt any cop with half a heart would honestly enforce something like that unless you're doing something you shouldn't be.
from the sound of it you might not have ever encountered ny cops before...they can be ruthless at times...(at least in NYC :( )

and hippiedude i dont know where you in ny you live at but, i live in the city and web2zone in manhattan has friendlies pretty often from what i hear and if u live close it might not be too bad.

i feel your pain i was 16 at a time and the ONLY place i could pretty much get good competition without my mom fussin' was web2zone so if you can check it out we could even practice together alot if you need too. im kinda rusty and my friends arent good really...:(.

edit:i just found out web2zone is out of business....:(

Top Bottom