• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hilariously stupid glitch lawl

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Aight, so I was playin some brawl with some guys. They're not good really and don't play seriously or anything.

Anyway, so it was a 4 man ffa on delfino. I was oli, there were 2 snakes and a samus I think. We land on the beach part, and I fell in the water by accident, and all mah pikmin died (actually, I'm not sure that they did die, they just kept falling through the water I think, but I didn't really get to observe it, so I may be wrong. I didn't sleep the night before, so that could explain it :p. Wierd ****) So, I jump out of the water, and I'm standing on the sand on the right side of the beach, right next to the water.

I then plucked 6 new pikmin, stupidly, since they were all just falling in the water. I pressed b one too many times because I was watching the pikmin fall into the water instead of paying attention to how many I had plucked. Then the wierdddd **** happens.

After plucking 6 that fall in the water, on the 7th accidental pluck....oli freezes mid animation lmfao. The other 3 guys continued doing their thing, the pikmin continued to drown or w/e. But oli just stood still, hunched over in his pikmin pluck position (nice alliteration eh?). I then proceeded to get killed from a fully charged snake f-smash, at least 5 seconds later. Good ****. This happen before to you guys? It's never happened to me, nor has any character froze before for me.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Not me, but this happens on occasion if you use grab and the grabbing pikmin dies (usually on ice).

ufo90

Smash Rookie
Yea something like that happened to me before on the Summit. It was an online match and we were at the top of the mountain [had just gotten away from the water] and I was low on pikmin because they had been lost in the water. So I'm running across the bottom part and I start plucking pimin while I was sliding and on like my 3rd pluck Olimar didn't get up. after about 10 seconds or so the stage started moving and i was able to move again

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Sigh... another unbeneficial glitch for Olimar. :( Is there at least 1 glitch that can benefit Olimar? (I don't know of any glitches that benefit Olimar yet.) Does Sakurai secretly hate Olimar by giving him bad glitches instead of giving him a bad moveset unlike some of those unfortunate characters that had to put up with that or even like some of those characters that got mauled by his "nerf bat"? (Not like I want Olimar to have a bad moveset. We dodged a potential bullet there guys! =D However, Olimar didn't quite successfully dodge the glitch bullet... :( )

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Oh? I thought that glitches were a bad thing in video games. Also, I know what Advanced Techniques (AT's) are, but I didn't know that they were a type of "beneficial" glitch. I thought they were just special techniques which characters can do to improve their usefulness in battle. Technically, I just thought that AT's were used to make certain characters fight better and to make them look flashy. Guess I still got more things to learn then huh? :( Although, I haven't really begun to learn any AT's yet. I'm still trying to master the basic gameplay elements first! Although, it's a bit hard for me to do so because I haven't found any potential rivals which match my skill level yet. I know a lot of stuff, but I never really have been pushed to my limits yet in any battle I've had thus far. Also, competitive players + tournaments are non-existent in my area which sucks... :(

Altaz Link

Smash Apprentice
Well in Summit stage if you grab while the water rises up you'll stay in a pose untill someone hits you, some like this glitch you said.

Top Bottom