• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
No, I'm not upset that Joker/Ren got in before Beck (Mighty no 9). It's because Joker/Ren got in over Bomberman, Ryu Hayabusa, and Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins.
My power level readings are all tied up. The reason why Bomberman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Ryu Hayabusa, Kyo (King of Fighters), Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins), and Hero all merit to be playable, is because they have significant levels of iconicness. On the other hand, Joker/Ren, Quote (Cave Story), Beck, Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter), and Yuri (Fatal Frame) are are equally iconic. In fact, they don't have the significant level of iconicness to be playable as of now in my opinion, So if Joker/Ren is just as iconic as all of those characters, why are Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter), and Yuri (Fatal Frame) assist trophies (since they deserve to be), but have Joker/Ren as a playable character, despite being less iconic.

I find it really funny that you say Joker isn't iconic but at the same time you think Arthur, who no one remembers and you have to continually put the name of the game behind him just so people know where he's from, deserves to be in. Mind explaining how Ghosts and Goblins is iconic when its only reference in years is MVC?

Well in my opinion, I think assist trophies are reserved for uniconic, undericonic, unwanted, or rejected playable characters.
how can you say this when a character you want, bomberman, is an assist trophy? Lmao your logic is really flawed bud

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I just watched the Did You Know Persona 5 and Hifumi was supposed to be a Phantom Thief originally?.....

EXCUSE ME, WHAT THE ****???

I've just started her confidant, so I'm not completely in tune with her character, but that would have been ****ing great! Especially if she played more of a unique non-party member role like Futaba that was completely new... Damn it Atlus...

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
how can you say this when a character you want, bomberman, is an assist trophy? Lmao your logic is really flawed bud
I mean that rejected characters who have a potential to be playable can be assist trophies.

I find it really funny that you say Joker isn't iconic but at the same time you think Arthur, who no one remembers and you have to continually put the name of the game behind him just so people know where he's from, deserves to be in. Mind explaining how Ghosts and Goblins is iconic when its only reference in years is MVC?
I understand, but having Arthur (Ghost and Goblins) would repopularize his franchise. Could you explain to me? Also, you're correct, Arthur would've been a better addition than Joker, who still would merit to be an assist trophy.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just watched the Did You Know Persona 5 and Hifumi was supposed to be a Phantom Thief originally?.....

EXCUSE ME, WHAT THE ****???

I've just started her confidant, so I'm not completely in tune with her character, but that would have been ****ing great! Especially if she played more of a unique non-party member role like Futaba that was completely new... Damn it Atlus...
If I recall correct, there reason for cutting her is that it would've made an already long game more bloated. I can understand that reason, especially when you factor in most of the story being told to Sae through interrogation. I also recall that certain elements from her back in concept did go into Makoto or something, but I could be misrembering it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If I recall correct, there reason for cutting her is that it would've made an already long game more bloated. I can understand that reason, especially when you factor in most of the story being told to Sae through interrogation. I also recall that certain elements from her back in concept did go into Makoto or something, but I could be misrembering it.
That was the reason listed in the video. To be fair, I'm about 55 hours in right now, so I'm unaware of how lengthy the end of the game is going to feel. I know I only have the rest of October, November, and December to play though, so it honestly still feels a little bit short to me (Which is weird, I rarely play games the length of Persona 5, but I guess I just enjoy my time with the game that much lol).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That was the reason listed in the video. To be fair, I'm about 55 hours in right now, so I'm unaware of how lengthy the end of the game is going to feel. I know I only have the rest of October, November, and December to play though, so it honestly still feels a little bit short to me (Which is weird, I rarely play games the length of Persona 5, but I guess I just enjoy my time with the game that much lol).
Trust me, there is surprising amount crammed before the end. And I assure you, it's going by fast because of your enjoyment of the game. I think what we ended up with is perfectly reasonable both party and game wise. At least, until P5R comes along, but that comes with the territory of expansion games.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think vanilla P5 already struggled with giving everyone meaningful relationships and screentime, so cutting Hifumi was probably the right call.

Though, I wonder how they're gonna balance the characters in Royal. With Kasumi, Phantom Thieves will have 10 members: Tied with SEES to be the biggest party in mainline games.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think vanilla P5 already struggled with giving everyone meaningful relationships and screentime, so cutting Hifumi was probably the right call.

Though, I wonder how they're gonna balance the characters in Royal. With Kasumi, Phantom Thieves will have 10 members: Tied with SEES to be the biggest party in mainline games.
Yeah, and some party members certainly didn't get enough of those(We all know who I am talking about). They are adding the third trimester, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the only change. I actually have a theory that has been rummaging around in my brain, but I am not sure if it's that good.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, and some party members certainly didn't get enough of those(We all know who I am talking about). They are adding the third trimester, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the only change. I actually have a theory that has been rummaging around in my brain, but I am not sure if it's that good.
Persona speculation can really use a few interesting theories right now, I'd be interested in hearing yours.

By the way, about those simultaneous attacks: We know Haru&Morgana and Yusuke&Ryuji. It's safe to assume Ann&Makoto will be one. Does that mean Kasumi and Akechi will be a combination?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Persona speculation can really use a few interesting theories right now, I'd be interested in hearing yours.

By the way, about those simultaneous attacks: We know Haru&Morgana and Yusuke&Ryuji. It's safe to assume Ann&Makoto will be one. Does that mean Kasumi and Akechi will be a combination?
When it comes to combinations, I imagine we will get both the obvious and not so obvious. Haru and Morgana? Make sense. Both Ryuji and Makoto and Ryuji and Yusuku? Not who I would expect. I do see Kasumi and Akechi getting a simultaneous attack(Heck, in the Kasumi thread I though it could be a great FS for her that would rep P5R more than the AOT and would bring in Akechi, who was missing from any of Joker's team formations), but something has crossed my mind recently. No one in the Phantom Thieves trust Akechi, so would they perform a simultaneous attack with him. That sort of maneuver is built on friendship and trust. Thus, I theorize that Akechi could have no simultaneous attacks until he rejoins as black mask. But if he does have simultaneous attacks as Crow, than I could see them change a bit once he finally let's go. As in, they would pretty much be the same, but would have Akechi be more honest in his approach.

As for that theory, the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make sense. If I were to sum it up, it's that the interrogation is not going to be the same as it is in P5R. I started thinking about this when Sae didn't appear in the confidant poster and what that could mean. My mind went to that maybe her confidant would change, even going to the point that her being interrogator is no longer the case. We haven't seen her do so in the trailers, so I thought it possible. Would open her up for romance possibly, if the ova is a hint. But while it's true that we have not seen Sae's role as of yet, we have seen Joker bruised up in the interigation room, in his victory pose post Akechi murder attempt no less. So I don't know. Sae feels like an understated mystery of P5R.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My guess is that
Ren and Goro as Black Mask have team up attack together, while Kasumi doesn't have one with anyone, cause she's gonna wind up being the main villain after December

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I mean that rejected characters who have a potential to be playable can be assist trophies.

I understand, but having Arthur (Ghost and Goblins) would repopularize his franchise. Could you explain to me? Also, you're correct, Arthur would've been a better addition than Joker, who still would merit to be an assist trophy.
Look buddy, I'm just going to say this once, it is well within you're right to think a certain character you like would have made a better addition than Joker, or any other character in the Fighter's Pass. It is OK to be disappointed. What is NOT OK is to invade the part of the boards dedicated to the character and preach that your belief is gospel and that Joker technically stole the spot of your preferred character. You do realise that people did like his inclusion? Just because you didn't, doesn't mean everyone else has to, and you forcing your opinion down the throats of the Joker fans is going to do NOTHING. Sakurai isn't going to magically boot Joker from the game and replace his spot with your character because of what you are doing.

I was disappointed when Neagan from The Walking Dead became playable DLC in Tekken 7 over Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series. Did I cry about it and post online about how Neagan stole Kiryu's spot? No, because I'm wasn't the one who was choosing the DLC, and he was never guaranteed to begin with. What happened happened. Life won't always go the way you want it to. Deal with it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nobody (aside from you) was saying that, and nobody said anything that could even remotely be taken in that way.

If you want to see Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins make it into Smash, there's a thread for that. However, there's literally no reason to go into the social thread of a character that's already in the game in order to repeatedly say "this character sucks! Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins) should have been in Smash instead!" and refuse to listen to any justification for Joker's inclusion. That comes across as either spam or trolling, in my eyes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uhh, even Morrigan is more iconic than Arthur these days, and people tend to not realise that she even comes from any games that aren't crossovers.

Hell, GnG has gotten two indie spiritual successor games, and Capcom hasn't lifted a finger on either of those despite being liked enough.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ghosts 'n Goblins isn't even that good of a series, tbqh. I've always thought the games were borderline unfair in terms of difficulty and I'm not particularly fond of Arthur, either.

Besides, Capcom's got their perfect side-scroller representative in Smash already.

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
Also, you're correct, Arthur would've been a better addition than Joker, who still would merit to be an assist trophy.
I literally never said this, I personally think Arthur is a really bad pick considering no one knows them outside of MVC. Ghost and Goblins has been ignored for years, how is it in any way relevant? Please show me where I said i think Arthur should be in over joker. Straight up I think that would have been an awful pick and a bad start to the fighter pass.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I haven’t been active on this thread in awhile so thought I’d pop in.

I definitely feel like Sae is going to have a much bigger role overall in P5R tbh, that Valentines special and her missing from the Confidants really go me thinking about that.

Also if you really think about it, in P5 she was a central character, and considered how much P4G expanded on Adachi I’d be surprised if Sae DIDN’T get more screentime.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm having a lot of trouble with the boss in the fourth dungeon of Q2. I can get his health down pretty far but when the second phase of the fight starts I can't seen to deal any damage at all.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

How about let’s not randomly come into social threads of characters who already got in the game on their own merits and start complaining how they aren’t as deserving as more niche characters thank you?

Seriously Beck from Mighty No. 9?

amageish

Smash Master
My guess is that
Ren and Goro as Black Mask have team up attack together, while Kasumi doesn't have one with anyone, cause she's gonna wind up being the main villain after December
Bold prediction! My guess is:

Kasumi will be built up as a villain and will actually be a good guy. The Phantom Thieves will disbar in the third term as people are having their dreams granted, so you will have to reunite them, starting with Morgana (because you need Morgana for UI anyway), but with the other first two being Kasumi and Goro.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Bold prediction! My guess is:

Kasumi will be built up as a villain and will actually be a good guy. The Phantom Thieves will disbar in the third term as people are having their dreams granted, so you will have to reunite them, starting with Morgana (because you need Morgana for UI anyway), but with the other first two being Kasumi and Goro.
so Takuto as the main villain?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hmm, I thought going to the account was simple enough from there, but okay. :drshrug:

https://twitter.com/NinNakajima

If you're asking about finding a Goro art by that artist though, I'm fairly sure NintenZ was joking around, as I don't see any.
Oh nah I was talking about someone commissioning the artist.

They take commissions so that’s why I suggested it lol.

amageish

Smash Master
so Takuto as the main villain?
I wasn't thinking of that, but sure? He'd work as someone who would want to just solve people's problems without thinking about the consquences, I suppose...

Either way, I expect a second god (probably Sophia, the main gnostic god who was missing in P5) to be the main villian, with anyone else just be an Akechi-esque misguided human.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pkay, level grinded up a bit and made it to what I assume is the final section of the fight. Yet I still died, it feels like Doe is just too fast.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I’m a little late to this conversation but I think Beck is the only character suggestion worse than Steve.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, it's really cool when I see artwork that swaps Smash characters clothing with Phantom Thieves or vice versa. Really makes me hope we will see a Nintendo costume pack in a hypothetical P5 Switch(Be it the original or Royal).

Edit:
Okay, I feel like this is the best place to ask this...
It sounds like Edelgard has the same VA of Mitsuru. Are you guys picking up on that as well?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last night I had a dream about Persona 6 taking place on Medieval age.

The main character's Persona was Jeane De Arc or someone like her I think.

osby

Smash Obsessed
EarlTamm EarlTamm Yep, I think they didn't confirm it yet, but it's obviously Tara Platt (who hilariously also voices Elizabeth).

Top Bottom