• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have obtained my queen in plastic figurine form.
20190703_084022.jpg

I almost lost her because she showed up yesterday and they were about to send it back, I was incredibly lucky that one of the employees at the post office is a friend of my father's and he noticed my name on the package

D

Deleted member

I have obtained my queen in plastic figurine form.
View attachment 229900

I almost lost her because she showed up yesterday and they were about to send it back, I was incredibly lucky that one of the employees at the post office is a friend of my father's and he noticed my name on the package
That's some cool luck and figure!

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Here's a recently made Joker stage. Be careful though, there's a strong wind at the left and right corner.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That’s a cool setup.

Do you plan to add some other SEGA/Atlus figures there in the future btw?
I'm thinking of trying to complete the P5 set, aside from that I don't really know, the other Sega figures that have been made into Nendoroids have been out of print for years and are kinda expensive nowadays as far as I've seen.

StormC

Smash Hero
I ordered a Makoto Nendoroid a while ago, not sure when it's due. August, maybe...? I got the Morgana reprint as well. Already got Futaba and Joker.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I literally never said this, I personally think Arthur is a really bad pick considering no one knows them outside of MVC. Ghost and Goblins has been ignored for years, how is it in any way relevant? Please show me where I said i think Arthur should be in over joker. Straight up I think that would have been an awful pick and a bad start to the fighter pass.
Well Arthur and Banjo are both equally iconic, and since Banjo recently got in, I think Arthur could be a great addition along with Reimu (Touhou) and Bomberman.

OK buddy, let me just say this:
If you are mad that Joker is in Smash Bros., fine. But know that it's not his fault that he became a playable character and Bomberman did not. Bomberman being an Assist Trophy and the entire playable roster were both decided on long ago before Joker was even decided to be playable. Both of these decisions happened to develop and complete the base game first and then decide on DLC later. It happened with Smash 4 too.
Joker being playable and Bomberman being an Assist Trophy have no correlation between each other.
And if you think Joker isn't iconic, then count the amount of games he has been beyond Persona 5. He's everywhere now and he is a gaming icon now and forever. He has earned his spot on the roster.
Actually, I know that Joker/Ren is iconic. But if you re-read my quote below and put yourself into my shoes, you will deeply understand why Joker/Ren merits to be an assist trophy and not playable as of now.

I understand, but it's like having Quote (Cave Story) as a playable character, and having Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins) as an assist trophy, despite Arthur being more iconic than Quote. When in my opinion, it should be vice-versa.

My power level readings are all tied up. The reason why Bomberman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Ryu Hayabusa, Kyo (King of Fighters), Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins), and Hero all merit to be playable, is because they have significant levels of iconicness. On the other hand, Joker/Ren, Quote (Cave Story), Beck, Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter), and Yuri (Fatal Frame) are are equally iconic. In fact, they don't have the significant level of iconicness to be playable as of now in my opinion, So if Joker/Ren is just as iconic as all of those characters, why are Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter), and Yuri (Fatal Frame) assist trophies (since they deserve to be), but have Joker/Ren as a playable character, despite being less iconic.

Well, on the bright side, we can still have both Bomberman and Joker/Ren be playable characters./QUOTE]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now, I don’t think Joker works as an assist trophy at all.

However, seeing how every base game third party series outside of Final Fantasy had assist trophies, who could have been the Persona assist trophy if Joker was added for base game?

Maybe Jack Frost?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now, I don’t think Joker works as an assist trophy at all.

However, seeing how every base game third party series outside of Final Fantasy had assist trophies, who could have been the Persona assist trophy if Joker was added for base game?

Maybe Jack Frost?
Morgana or Futaba.

I don't see it really being anyone else.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well Arthur and Banjo are both equally iconic, and since Banjo recently got in, I think Arthur could be a great addition along with Reimu (Touhou) and Bomberman.

Actually, I know that Joker/Ren is iconic. But if you re-read my quote below and put yourself into my shoes, you will deeply understand why Joker/Ren merits to be an assist trophy and not playable as of now.
You seem to be under impression that the only factor that decides whether or not a character will be an Assist Trophy is iconicness.

You are wrong, Ghosts from PAC-MAN are easily more iconic than a lot of playable characters. Your point is biased, subjective and uninformed.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And who exactly makes the rules here?

Hope you can answer that question. (And also he’s in so there’s no use complaining about it)

StormC

Smash Hero

If you can refund my Fighters Pass and conceptualize, license, and develop a better character and series for Smash than Joker and Persona, then maybe I'll hear you out. But I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

I don't actually understand what you are attempting to do here. Do you expect a bunch of Joker fans to agree with you that he should be an Assist Trophy? I want to not be mean but I was so baffled by your original series of posts I put up a bunch of Morgana dancing .GIFs as a joke. When someone made a thread in the Piranha Plant subforum bashing the character, it got locked. You aren't fostering a discussion there that will be productive or meaningful in any way.

Go play Persona 5 and you will understand. (That's what I did after he got announced!)

yyosh

Smash Rookie
If you go and play Persona 5 and put yourself into our shoes, you will deeply understand why Joker merits to be a playable character and nothing but that as of now.

D

Deleted member

I may not have played P5 yet (I'm waiting for Royal to do so).

But Joker just seems pretty cool for me in Smash. I have fun playing as him and I like the alts a lot.

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay, but seriously. I know it's already been almost a month, but... guys. Guys. Banjo-Kazooie and Joker are both in Smash.

Am I crazy? How did this happen? How did two awesome characters who couldn't be any more different end up on the same Fighters Pass?

What is Smash Ultimate???? Did the Rareware devs foreshadow this 21 years ago with this joker card in Furnace Fun????

Banjo can beat the crap out of Solid Snake while Rivers In The Desert plays. Joker can fight King K. Rool while Grant Kirkhope music is playing.

What??????????? Where the hell does the Fighters Pass go from here? I just think, we as a society, do not appreciate how ridiculous this game is.

Why is this picture real?

work stress has fried my brain

D

Deleted member

Lol, since Joker's alt looks pretty close to me IRL I can joke about me meeting Guv and Samus inside the game.

KatKit

Smash Lord
But Joker just seems pretty cool for me in Smash. I have fun playing as him and I like the alts a lot.
*Obligatory looking cool, Joker*

In all seriousness, I'm glad you like him, and I'm sure you'll love P5R when it's out. It's easily a day one buy from me, even if I'm cheap and already own the vanilla version.

Also, just ignore Kai, y'all. He's completely missing the point of this thread lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My mother was so happy with the way these final exams are going for me that she bought me these things:

5E352A59-CAAB-4E8D-A880-65011419ABFF.jpeg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I didn't even know they made P5 funko's.

...Guess I have something else to fill my shelf with.

D

Deleted member

I made a fun scene with the stuff I got today:
86B352B1-4444-434A-9B53-756798522E96.jpeg

The idea is that Mysterio made a giant android resembling Joker to trick people into thinking he brought the Phantom Thief from the videogame realm and turned him into a puppet.

So he makes an alliance with Hydro Man to assault Venice, which happens to match with Spidey’s highschool trip to the city.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Trolling
If you can refund my Fighters Pass and conceptualize, license, and develop a better character and series for Smash than Joker and Persona, then maybe I'll hear you out. But I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

I don't actually understand what you are attempting to do here. Do you expect a bunch of Joker fans to agree with you that he should be an Assist Trophy? I want to not be mean but I was so baffled by your original series of posts I put up a bunch of Morgana dancing .GIFs as a joke. When someone made a thread in the Piranha Plant subforum bashing the character, it got locked. You aren't fostering a discussion there that will be productive or meaningful in any way.

Go play Persona 5 and you will understand. (That's what I did after he got announced!)
Yes, I'm trying to make you all realize that Joker/Ren deserves to be an assist trophy instead of a playable character, although you are fans of him and he is an iconic character.

Another example is: I'm a fan of Beck (mighty no 9) and Quote (Cave Story), but despite liking them, I would prefer both of them to be assist trophies instead of playable as of now due to being undericonic. I've played both Mighty no. 9 and Cave Story, and I still never felt that Beck or Quote should be playable. just because you like a character, or he/she is iconic doesn't mean they shouldn't be an assist tophy or should be playable. Having Joker/Ren as an assist trophy would be just as bad as having Beck or Quote as an assist trophy (which wouldn't be a bad idea at all). If you compare my example to you're liking of Joker, you may develop a better understanding.

And in my opinion, Reimu (Touhou) would have been a better addition than Joker/Ren, Beck, Quote, and Shovel Knight. Becasue she is more iconic than all three of those characters. But Bomberman would still be a better addition than Reimu. So, I would have both Bomberman and Reimu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, with all the stuff today regarding my LEGO Far From Home set and the Joker Funko... why not end this series of posts with a video about a custom LEGO Joker figure?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yes, I'm trying to make you all realize that Joker/Ren deserves to be an assist trophy instead of a playable character, although you are fans of him and he is an iconic character.
bruh

This makes no sense man. A lot of us early supporters had him as our most wanted playable character and now he's in the game what is your purpose here

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can we just all ignore the troll? It's obvious that moderation doesn't care about them but we can at least not act like they are worth answering to. Let their whining be in vain, we got Joker.

D

Deleted member

Can we just all ignore the troll? It's obvious that moderation doesn't care about them but we can at least not act like they are worth answering to. Let their whining be in vain, we got Joker.
Btw, do you have any of the Persona Funkos?

I honestly love the one I got for Joker.

Maybe I’ll pick Morgana too later in the future.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw, do you have any of the Persona Funkos?

I honestly love the one I got for Joker.

Maybe I’ll pick Morgana too later in the future.
No, I don't collect merchandise anymore.

I used to, when I was a kid, but I don't play with toys anymore and I don't see the point of buying stuff only for decoration.

D

Deleted member

No, I don't collect merchandise anymore.

I used to, when I was a kid, but I don't play with toys anymore and I don't see the point of buying stuff only for decoration.
Oh, fair enough then.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Another example is: I'm a fan of Beck (mighty no 9) and Quote (Cave Story), but despite liking them, I would prefer both of them to be assist trophies instead of playable as of now due to being undericonic. I've played both Mighty no. 9 and Cave Story, and I still never felt that Beck or Quote should be playable. just because you like a character, or he/she is iconic doesn't mean they shouldn't be an assist tophy or should be playable. Having Joker/Ren as an assist trophy would be just as bad as having Beck or Quote as an assist trophy (which wouldn't be a bad idea at all). If you compare my example to you're liking of Joker, you may develop a better understanding.

And in my opinion, Reimu (Touhou) would have been a better addition than Joker/Ren, Beck, Quote, and Shovel Knight. Becasue she is more iconic than all three of those characters. But Bomberman would still be a better addition than Reimu. So, I would have both Bomberman and Reimu.
I’m sorry but to reiterate my question from earlier, are you Sakurai? Do you make the rules on who does and doesn’t qualify for Assist Trophies? Do you decide who’s best for an Assist role and who’s best for a playable role? The answer to all of the above you should know. Now stop trying to act all high and mighty and trying to intimidate people who are grateful that their dream pick made it. If you wanna complain about how it’s not for you, I’m sure there’s several other threads meant for that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, recently I was being told how speculation is supposed to be fun, but this is a case in point where it isn't fun when detractors are involved. And people wonder why I've gotten fed up with this speculation period at times.

I've set her up in her new home next to my Sonic figure.
View attachment 229910
Neat, I wish I had a Nendoroid of a character I care about, though I would need to give away (or at least store away) some of the plastic swag I got first.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for trolling, I didn't mean to troll. I'll let you all be happy.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
On the topic of Persona merchandise, I am beyond excited for Joker's amiibo. I usually don't buy merch because I'm a broke college student and I prefer to save my small disposable income for other stuff, but I will not pass up the opportunity to have an Amiibo of my Ultimate main. I still can't believe we live in a world where Joker's in Smash and is getting an amiibo

GolisoPower

Smash Master
On the topic of Persona merchandise, I am beyond excited for Joker's amiibo. I usually don't buy merch because I'm a broke college student and I prefer to save my small disposable income for other stuff, but I will not pass up the opportunity to have an Amiibo of my Ultimate main. I still can't believe we live in a world where Joker's in Smash and is getting an amiibo
Which gets me wondering, you know how Ridley has that impact shape on his amiibo? Imagine if Joker's amiibo had the same thing, but they're magenta like when you walk in the Metaverse?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just can't wait to have an easily affordable Joker figure.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My concern with Joker's amiibo is that it's going to wind up with a big plastic stand that makes the whole thing look odd, like Link's or Captain Falcon's. I'm still going to get it, though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've got some T shirts, the Pops, a Goro keychain, the PQ2 LE, the P5 Take Your Heart edition, a few doujins, and a figure arts of Thanatos

D

Deleted member

Ann's trailer for P5R. Seems like she has a team attack with Morgana and Shiho has more screen time! It also seems like you can go into her room... and probably the other thieve's rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just hope that we also get an amiibo of Joker’s alt.

More so since if that happens I can also joke about getting my own Amiibo.

And outside of that the alt and its respective render are also pretty solid for an amiibo.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I finished up Persona Q2 today. This is one of the longest 3DS games I've ever played I put about 80 hours total on it, wasn't expecting it to be that long but I had fun with it. Until the final boss at least, that was annoying to deal with.

I just hope that we also get an amiibo of Joker’s alt.

More so since if that happens I can also joke about getting my own Amiibo.

And outside of that the alt and its respective render are also pretty solid for an amiibo.
It would be cool to have a Joker figure in his academy uniform. As far as I know all his figures are of the phantom thief outfit.

Top Bottom