• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I finished up Persona Q2 today. This is one of the longest 3DS games I've ever played I put about 80 hours total on it, wasn't expecting it to be that long but I had fun with it. Until the final boss at least, that was annoying to deal with.
I’ve heard the ending is something, I’m really excited to play it tbh.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I finished up Persona Q2 today. This is one of the longest 3DS games I've ever played I put about 80 hours total on it, wasn't expecting it to be that long but I had fun with it. Until the final boss at least, that was annoying to deal with.

It would be cool to have a Joker figure in his academy uniform. As far as I know all his figures are of the phantom thief outfit.

Since i don't remember where i left my 3DS, mind spoiling the ending to me?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since i don't remember where i left my 3DS, mind spoiling the ending to me?
It's about what you'd expect from a crossover like this, everyone gets a mindwipe when they go back to their homes.

Theres a quick scene with Akechi being a bit sad about it. Because as you know he just saw the Phantom thieves as pawns in his little game during P5 but now after that long adventure he saw them and the other persona users as friends.

Once they all arrive home there's a vague memory of what happened but nothing else, the wild cards feel the need to go watch a movie (being the movies that the dungeons in the game were based on) and their respective parties tag along, also Aegis picked up a bit of Futaba's speech pattern.

In the final cutscene it's implied that Joker actually does remember the events of the story though when he goes to a movie festival and sees Hikari.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
**** me, every little piece of Persona 5 The Royal news we get makes me irrationally excited. 2020 can't come soon enough with that and Animal Crossing both releasing (I'm sure it'll also be in March because game developers love to release all of their games at the same time these days... Final Fantasy VII Remake which will hopefully finally get me into the game, Animal Crossing New Horizons, and Persona 5 The Royal? Sounds about right and a day for me to mourn my wallet...).

And I should really pick up Persona Q2 before it becomes more difficult to find. I suspect, as the final retail 3DS game it will become a pain if I don't get it sooner rather than later. I picked up Persona Q at Walmart with the cards for like $10 while it was on clearance and haven't played that yet though...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Bets now, who do you think is going to team up with Yusuke in his trailer? My gut is telling me Haru.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got Persona Q2 on my 3DS earlier this morning; I have a few long train rides coming up, so I figure it will be a good game to play on those at the very least. Plus, the trailer on the eShop gives me the impression that it initially focuses on the Persona 5 cast, so it should be a good jumping-on point for learning about Persona 3 and 4. (though it just hit me that hopefully there aren't any gigantic spoilers for those games in here)

However, I find it weird that the game is rated M, considering that every single thing about it makes it seem like it's intended to be a kid-friendly spin-off for the Persona series.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just got Persona Q2 on my 3DS earlier this morning; I have a few long train rides coming up, so I figure it will be a good game to play on those at the very least. Plus, the trailer on the eShop gives me the impression that it initially focuses on the Persona 5 cast, so it should be a good jumping-on point for learning about Persona 3 and 4. (though it just hit me that hopefully there aren't any gigantic spoilers for those games in here)

However, I find it weird that the game is rated M, considering that every single thing about it makes it seem like it's intended to be a kid-friendly spin-off for the Persona series.
Persona team mentioned a few times having fun with putting chibi characters into dark scenarios to the point some players complained about the horror elements being too much in the first game and they had to tone it down. PQ2 isn't as dark as the first one but it's far from being kid friendly.

As for P3 and P4, there are quite a bit latecomer spoilers, like full parties and individual character twists (along with indirectly spoiling a big twist for late P3). But you can still enjoy them after this, as no spoilers go into endgame territory.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Persona team mentioned a few times having fun with putting chibi characters into dark scenarios to the point some players complained about the horror elements being too much in the first game and they had to tone it down. PQ2 isn't as dark as the first one but it's far from being kid friendly.

As for P3 and P4, there are quite a bit latecomer spoilers, like full parties and individual character twists (along with indirectly spoiling a big twist for late P3). But you can still enjoy them after this, as no spoilers go into endgame territory.
As long as there's no endgame spoilers, I think I'll be fine. Thanks to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, I think I'm aware of most if not all of the Persona 4 party, and I think I know about the Persona 3 party as well.

Plus, whenever I start playing the original games, it should be clear that anyone who has a portrait when they talk is going to be important, no matter how minor they seem, if Persona 5 is any indication.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will try to convince my parents about picking PQ2 later on the summer.

I do have interest on the game.

On another side note, I think that I’m starting to understand how the people here could have felt during the wait for Joker’s release as a Hero supporter.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I will try to convince my parents about picking PQ2 later on the summer.

I do have interest on the game.

On another side note, I think that I’m starting to understand how the people here could have felt during the wait for Joker’s release as a Hero supporter.
At least Hero has a gameplay trailer to tide you guys over until release. All we had was a fancy animation until April rolled on by and saved us from months of speculation. XD

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
At least Hero has a gameplay trailer to tide you guys over until release. All we had was a fancy animation until April rolled on by and saved us from months of speculation. XD
Not to mention the wait is shorter, seriously. DQ fans only have to wait a maximum of 2 1/2 months with an idea of how the Hero would work. We had to wait 5 months with nothing to go off of!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not to mention the wait is shorter, seriously. DQ fans only have to wait a maximum of 2 1/2 months with an idea of how the Hero would work. We had to wait 5 months with nothing to go off of!
When I watched the direct, I was watching a stream of a Youtuber who was a well known Persona fan. He was shocked both times he saw Smash gameplay footage of the character's and even believed that Hero would come out very soon(Before the release window was shown, of course). Cleary, the Joker wait effected him majorly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, I didn't even see PQ2 at my local EB Games at all, seeing how the relatively few 3DS games left there haven't changed much in terms of inventory.

And Hero fans don't have one user continually insisting that the third party behind the character is selfish and holding things back like this thread did. Which is good, because the last thing I need is seeing people feeling the need to bring up Sugiyama's flaws to guilt-trip supporters.

Also, BK fans still have to wait a tad longer, one full season.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Unfortunately, I didn't even see PQ2 at my local EB Games at all, seeing how the relatively few 3DS games left there haven't changed much in terms of inventory.

And Hero fans don't have one user continually insisting that the third party behind the character is selfish and holding things back like this thread did. Which is good, because the last thing I need is seeing people feeling the need to bring up Sugiyama's flaws to guilt-trip supporters.

Also, BK fans still have to wait a tad longer, one full season.
weeelll we did have one guy but they just talked about Sugiyama thing a bunch on a side note sorry you guys have to deal with a troll even tho Jokers already in so there's no point arguing about him anyways

D

Deleted member

Yusuke's trailer.
The intro is... amusing to say the least. He also has a pair up attack with Ann!
And... is that the Sayori in public? Huh?

EDIT: Wow. Looks like I got :ultgreninja:'d and I didn't notice it until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

osby

Smash Obsessed

At least that's something to look forward to.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

At least that's something to look forward to.
they tease a anouncment for another date lmao

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Gonna mention what I said on the Kasumi thread, I think the screenshot in the tweet is apart of her "wish" scene. Anytime a character has gotten one of those scenes at the end, Joker would always be there in his winter coat. This likely means that whatever wish is being granted for her, it has something to do with Sae.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Gonna mention what I said on the Kasumi thread, I think the screenshot in the tweet is apart of her "wish" scene. Anytime a character has gotten one of those scenes at the end, Joker would always be there in his winter coat. This likely means that whatever wish is being granted for her, it has something to do with Sae.
That's easy to guess. What I wonder is how different Sae will be. She and Makoto already patched up most of their issues by the end of the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's easy to guess. What I wonder is how different Sae will be. She and Makoto already patched up most of their issues by the end of the game.
Maybe it's not a question of how different Sae will be, but rather how the world will treat Sae? I don't see Makoto wanting to change Sae, but wanting the world to treat her sister right, especially with all Sae has had to worry and deal about in regard to her work.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe it's not a question of how different Sae will be, but rather how the world will treat Sae? I don't see Makoto wanting to change Sae, but wanting the world to treat her sister right, especially with all Sae has had to worry and deal about in regard to her work.
I never thought it like that, but it makes a lot of sense, considering how selfless Makoto can be.

If this dream world theory turns out to be correct, it'll be a real player punch to leave it behind.

EDIT: Makoto's trailer is here.

Aside from Ryuji and Makoto being surprisingly funny together, we can also have a glimpse of a new dungeon. It gives me some weird Hollow Forest vibes.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I never thought it like that, but it makes a lot of sense, considering how selfless Makoto can be.

If this dream world theory turns out to be correct, it'll be a real player punch to leave it behind.

Aside from Ryuji and Makoto being surprisingly funny together, we can also have a glimpse of a new dungeon. It gives me some weird Hollow Forest vibes.
*Sees Makoto’s volleyball*

Same energy.
That’s tennis in the video, I know, but I digress.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Actually, I think that is a Mementos floor. There are rails on the ground and lther elements of the Mementos battlefield.

Edit:
Also, more cut-in art.
Luigi is giving quite the death stare.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I made something to test out some of the Persona 5 assets that I thought some people here may enjoy.
I spent way too much time on this ****post.
Luigi is giving quite the death stare.
I mean, that's what he has been doin' since Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Futaba's trailer was up yesterday! She finally got an All-Out Attack, basically telling the Shadows to Git Gud. :p

Also, is it just me or does Le Blanc look a lot better on the inside towards the end? Hmm...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Futaba's trailer was up yesterday! She finally got an All-Out Attack, basically telling the Shadows to Git Gud. :p

Also, is it just me or does Le Blanc look a lot better on the inside towards the end? Hmm...
I don't think that is Leblanc. Is there anything to suggest such?

D

Deleted member

I don't think that is Leblanc. Is there anything to suggest such?
...0:48 is definitely not towards the end of a video. I'm such a fool.

Still, it looks... kinda nicer I guess? It might be the lighting.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
...0:48 is definitely not towards the end of a video. I'm such a fool.

Still, it looks... kinda nicer I guess? It might be the lighting.
Okay, now I see what you are pointing out. It does look different. I don't think it's lighting, as several other things in the environment look the same.

Top Bottom