• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If she does end up being a protagoninst and is Joker's alt in Smash: I can already see the fanworks about all of this. I mean I'm still not used to seeing Joker being featured in Smash fanfics/fanarts interacting with the other characters XD.
Imagine the shipping. Unlike Joker, we have no clue what her romance life is as of yet.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some people want to ship her with Ryuji. :dizzy:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
What's wrong with Ryuji? Guy needs some more love and respect in his life. Especially the latter. I was also talking about shipping Smash wise. So far Joker has been shipped with every female character under the sun, but what will happen with Jane?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What's wrong with Ryuji? Guy needs some more love and respect in his life. Especially the latter. I was also talking about shipping Smash wise. So far Joker has been shipped with every female character under the sun, but what will happen with Jane?
Everyone deserves love. I just woulddn't ship her with him thas all XD

If she does end up being a protagoninst and is Joker's alt in Smash: I can already see the fanworks about all of this. I mean I'm still not used to seeing Joker being featured in Smash fanfics/fanarts interacting with the other characters XD.
Speaking of which, I just found this one, cool and cute:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Please god, not another Marie... I don't need another "canon" love interest.
You have the option to reject Marie just like all the other girls. If anything Rise was pushed as the "Canon" love interest. And she was just as plot relevant if not moreso than the party members.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Anyone hoping they reveal more about this new girl at Sega Fes this weekend? Assuming she is this "Jane" alt, then that could allow Nintendo/Sakurai to have their direct/release Joker much earlier while the 24th of April is just more detailed stuff about P5R. Unless the 24th/25th is just about right for a Smash direct even outside the idea of ATLUS insisting they reveal their stuff first.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If we're talking about fan shippings, then female characters too :)
I think Samus and Lucina will be especially popular with Jane in that regard. On the male side of things, I imagine she might be popular with Roy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyone hoping they reveal more about this new girl at Sega Fes this weekend? Assuming she is this "Jane" alt, then that could allow Nintendo/Sakurai to have their direct/release Joker much earlier while the 24th of April is just more detailed stuff about P5R. Unless the 24th/25th is just about right for a Smash direct even outside the idea of ATLUS insisting they reveal their stuff first.
Yes. They really made it out to look like it wont be until the 24th, so it makes sense for people to think there wont be p5r info there, but I definitely think there could be, and at least hope. Considering that it's going to be in japanese, i dont think it'll only be just a re-play of the trailer, so yeah thinking there'll be a little something more.

Only a couple days before it starts! :)
Here's the schedule:
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/sega-fes-2019-stage-schedule-announced

I think Samus and Lucina will be especially popular with Jane in that regard. On the male side of things, I imagine she might be popular with Roy.
I dunno I think maybe Lucina is a little too similar to her somehow. but maybe corrin? I could see samus :)
I'm sure there'll be something interesting around bayo too XD

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Absolutely. I completely agree. I'm not optimistic, but I will be watching Sega Fes live just in case. While it's reasonable for Atlus to ask for a couple of extra weeks to reveal their content first, I don't get why they couldn't just show her at Sega Fes before the concert on the 24th. It's a difference of a couple of weeks, so I don't see how it makes a difference to them.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I dunno I think maybe Lucina is a little too similar to her somehow. but maybe corrin? I could see samus
That's kinda why I am bringing her up. I imagine there will be some difrences though, as we don't know that much about Jane.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's kinda why I am bringing her up. I imagine there will be some difrences though, as we don't know that much about Jane.
Oh maybe they could be partners somehow. I think the most important'll be seeing her meta outfit.

I was looking at the Sega fes schedule, and there's actually 3 different places that will have persona. It looks like it's on different floors? Maybe it's the same event, not sure.
But anyway the last part catches my eye:

"
  • 16:00 to 17:30 – Sega Fes News Channel: Persona 5 Mini Concert & Talk Stage – Sega Fes News Channel will share various news from across Sega Group with special guests. A relay of event happening on the B1F Stage.
  • 17:30 to 18:00 – Ending
"

That means Persona will be one of the last things, if not the last, so there could possibly be something worth looking for right at the end.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine the shipping. Unlike Joker, we have no clue what her romance life is as of yet.
In before she's aromantic because interpersonal relationships aren't worth it, as an antithesis to Joker.

Oh maybe they could be partners somehow. I think the most important'll be seeing her meta outfit.

I was looking at the Sega fes schedule, and there's actually 3 different places that will have persona. It looks like it's on different floors? Maybe it's the same event, not sure.
But anyway the last part catches my eye:

"
  • 16:00 to 17:30 – Sega Fes News Channel: Persona 5 Mini Concert & Talk Stage – Sega Fes News Channel will share various news from across Sega Group with special guests. A relay of event happening on the B1F Stage.
  • 17:30 to 18:00 – Ending
"

That means Persona will be one of the last things, if not the last, so there could possibly be something worth looking for right at the end.
Whatever it is, it has half an hour dedicated to it, so it must be important.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
It would not be uncharacteristic for ATLUS to just replay the same teaser trailer at FES, but hopefully they'll have someone comment on it in a way that confirms... something. I just want to know if she's a FeMC, party member, NPC or a hybrid...

Plus, if she isn't a FeMC, then I imagine they would want to clear that up ASAP, as it was trending on Twitter in Japan. You generally don't want people to expect giant changes if you're going to be only making smaller ones (relatively speaking)..

In before she's aromantic because interpersonal relationships aren't worth it, as an antithesis to Joker.
That would actually be kind of amazing haha. They add a new waifu to P5R... then don't let you romance her.

There would be rioting in the streets and I would love it.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...d-see-staff-post.107169/page-27#post-19282127

So, apparently there might have been a leak that suggests P5R...
...to be a standalone.
Copy-pasted the post if you can't view the post.
Reanimatoin said:
So, it's looking more and more likely that this is an Akechi based game (unfortunately)

Persona OA, a mobile app in japan, released some brand new Akechi PT artwork a few days ago before pulling it and replacing it today with his old artwork. No doubt this was supposed to be shown off AFTER the full P5R reveal.

Here's the new art

And here is what they replaced it with

These were found by @regularpanties on twitter

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Even if it is new art, the other characters could have some too. Seems like a lot of assumptions based on just the picture. But still fine for speculation :p

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

amageish

Smash Master
Maybe not. I just think it's because he never got offical art like that before. Since he is so popular now, they probably decided to rectify that for the new version of the game.
This. It is neat that he is getting official thief art, but... it's just official thief art. Nothing about it suggests P55 will be an expandalone... It just suggests P5R will have Akechi in it, which is also true of P5.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
>Resetera

Yea im immediately not believing this until Atlus themselves confirm it
I guess it's true the artwork couldve not been from there and not taken down like they said, but it's still new artwork.

It's just going from getting new artwork to stating what the entire premise of a new game will be is beyond any kind of big leap :p

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Yeah......about shipping Jane with other Smash characters.........
'They've got a good job, I guess.......' tier:
Mario
Dr Mario

Furry Tier:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Mewtwo
Incineroar
Greninja
Pikachu
Sonic
King DDD
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Lucario
King K Rool
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt
Ridley
Bowser

Chris Hansen Tier:
Pichu
Ness
Lucas
Kirby
Pokemon Trainer
Young Link
Toon Link
Bowser Jr
Inkling

'You're a freak' tier:
ROB
Olimar
Mr Game and Watch
Wii Fit Trainer
Ice Climbers
Villager

Anime tier:
Cloud
Shulk
Corrin
Marth
Roy
Ike Costume 1
Robin
Simon
Richter
Pit
Dark Pit
Meta Knight
Ryu
Link

Spoken For tier:
Ken
Chrom

Actual Man tier:
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ike Costume 2
Little Mac
Luigi
Snake

Literally works with everyone Tier:
Wario
Brawl Snake's booty

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
>Resetera

Yea im immediately not believing this until Atlus themselves confirm it
The information contained is right and it's just a theory based on stuff we already know, man. It's just another forum on the internet. There's no reason to be like this.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
It would not be uncharacteristic for ATLUS to just replay the same teaser trailer at FES, but hopefully they'll have someone comment on it in a way that confirms... something. I just want to know if she's a FeMC, party member, NPC or a hybrid...

Plus, if she isn't a FeMC, then I imagine they would want to clear that up ASAP, as it was trending on Twitter in Japan. You generally don't want people to expect giant changes if you're going to be only making smaller ones (relatively speaking)..

That would actually be kind of amazing haha. They add a new waifu to P5R... then don't let you romance her.

There would be rioting in the streets and I would love it.
Yeah if Japan is on the "FeMC" hype train: Imagine what happens if ATLUS takes their sweet time to give information...only to reveal she's just another NPC. Yeesh.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Jane does not start out as a FeMC, what do you think her confidant will be like? You know, arcana type, the perks it gives, and the way it levels up. That sort of stuff.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
If Jane does not start out as a FeMC, what do you think her confidant will be like? You know, arcana type, the perks it gives, and the way it levels up. That sort of stuff.
I could see it revolving around the distaste she seems to show for the Phantom Thieves, where you'll learn more about why she feels that way and eventually change her mind or something.

Since she says that only you can solve your own problems, maybe her perks would provide benefits in battle that apply only to the protagonist, like stat boosts, HP regeneration, and that kind of thing - perks that improve his solo strength.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Akechi based standalone game??? Hell yes

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If the new character becomes the MC during the time Joker is away it sort of would play into my original idea I had when it seemed like Joker was killed by Akechi. I thought Sae was going to take over as protagonist. Now, thank goodness Joker was actually alive but that scared me for a bit.

I think the standalone thing or confidant-into-playable seem pretty likely.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Any few theories as to why it is called "The Royal"? I stumbled upon a few Twitter folks who have an explanation as to why it is called as such.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Any few theories as to why it is called "The Royal"? I stumbled upon a few Twitter folks who have an explanation as to why it is called as such.
Anything good?

I think it's kind of hard to say much with what we know. but I wonder about those that tried to look through the main game and see if there's any hints.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It sounds like a poker reference to me. As in a royal flush.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's interesting to think about. Persona has always had a thing for tarot cards, but normal playing cards have never played that big of a factor.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Anything good?

I think it's kind of hard to say much with what we know. but I wonder about those that tried to look through the main game and see if there's any hints.

The royal flush theory is particularly interesting, but I personally don't believe it. This user uses a seemingly important original scene in the anime as evidence.

If you somehow can't read the tweet thread.
- A friend just made me realize what "The Royal" means in the new Persona 5 game and I'm stunned

-Protag is "Joker", Akechi would be "King", New FeMC would be "Queen" Poker reference or something like that

-THIS IS WHY AKECHI GAVE REN A KING CHESS PIECE IN THE ANIMATION? THAT'S THE TWIST THEY PROMISED FOR THE ANIME, THAT LITTLE DETAIL? TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE THE ROYAL AFTER THE TRANSMISSION? WAIT AM I BEING A SLOWPOKE HERE? DID EVERYONE NOTICE THIS EXCEPT ME

- What if The Royal happens if Joker would've agreed with Yaldabaoth to leave the world as it was, would Akechi be alive as if nothing happened? The Phantom Thieves would still be working togheter, now with a distorted leader, this would make space for this last chess piece "Queen"

-Yaldabaoth had already placed a "King" and a "Joker" into his game, he'd now have the possibility to add the "Queen" and complete the Royal Flush. Oh. My. God.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's interesting to think about. Persona has always had a thing for tarot cards, but normal playing cards have never played that big of a factor.
The royal flush theory is particularly interesting, but I personally don't believe it. This user uses a seemingly important original scene in the anime as evidence.

If you somehow can't read the tweet thread.
- A friend just made me realize what "The Royal" means in the new Persona 5 game and I'm stunned

-Protag is "Joker", Akechi would be "King", New FeMC would be "Queen" Poker reference or something like that

-THIS IS WHY AKECHI GAVE REN A KING CHESS PIECE IN THE ANIMATION? THAT'S THE TWIST THEY PROMISED FOR THE ANIME, THAT LITTLE DETAIL? TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE THE ROYAL AFTER THE TRANSMISSION? WAIT AM I BEING A SLOWPOKE HERE? DID EVERYONE NOTICE THIS EXCEPT ME

- What if The Royal happens if Joker would've agreed with Yaldabaoth to leave the world as it was, would Akechi be alive as if nothing happened? The Phantom Thieves would still be working togheter, now with a distorted leader, this would make space for this last chess piece "Queen"

-Yaldabaoth had already placed a "King" and a "Joker" into his game, he'd now have the possibility to add the "Queen" and complete the Royal Flush. Oh. My. God.
Well we already have Queen in the phantom thieves. Along with Joker, that could have something related.

To embed a tweet you click on insert (the three dots) and click on media. put the link in there.
(nvm looks like you figured it out)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well we already have Queen in the phantom thieves. Along with Joker, that could have something related.

To embed a tweet you click on insert (the three dots) and click on media. put the link in there.
(nvm looks like you figured it out)
I don't know how much Makoto counts in this situation, especially since we are starting to delve into some different motif's.

Top Bottom