• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm not confident on actual news on persona tonight. Based on the descriptions, it sounded like if there was news it would have been at the segment that already happened.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not confident on actual news on persona tonight. Based on the descriptions, it sounded like if there was news it would have been at the segment that already happened.
The segment is tonight tho.
before was just another announcement of tonight's announcement :p

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The segment is tonight tho.
before was just another announcement of tonight's announcement :p
It says "Persona 5 mini concert and talk stage". It's supposed to have an interview with Morgana and Kawakami's voice actors. I don't think there's going to be news there.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It says "Persona 5 mini concert and talk stage". It's supposed to have an interview with Morgana and Kawakami's voice actors. I don't think there's going to be news there.
There's 2 different things/streams happening at the same time. It's possible both will cover the mini concert, but there's this

"
16:00 to 17:30 – Sega Fes News Channel: Persona 5 Mini Concert & Talk Stage – Sega Fes News Channel will share various news from across Sega Group with special guests. A relay of event happening on the B1F Stage.
"

and this

"
16:50 to 17:45 – Persona 5 Mini Concert & Talk Stage – Following the final episode of Persona 5 the Animation, Morgana and Sadayo Kawami’s voice actors apear on stage as guests. In addition to the expected live concert from Lyn, DJ Waka’s DJ show is also worth the watch! Featuring MC Chiaki Matsuzawa (freelance announcer), and guests Ikue Otani (Morgana voice actor), Mai Fuchigami (Sadayo Kawakami voice actor), Lyn (vocalist), and DJ Waka.
"

(Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/03/sega-fes-2019-stage-schedule-announced#jou4EvLiLyBeBOWx.99)

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There's 2 different things/streams happening at the same time. It's possible both will cover the mini concert, but there's this

"
16:00 to 17:30 – Sega Fes News Channel: Persona 5 Mini Concert & Talk Stage – Sega Fes News Channel will share various news from across Sega Group with special guests. A relay of event happening on the B1F Stage.
"

and this

"
16:50 to 17:45 – Persona 5 Mini Concert & Talk Stage – Following the final episode of Persona 5 the Animation, Morgana and Sadayo Kawami’s voice actors apear on stage as guests. In addition to the expected live concert from Lyn, DJ Waka’s DJ show is also worth the watch! Featuring MC Chiaki Matsuzawa (freelance announcer), and guests Ikue Otani (Morgana voice actor), Mai Fuchigami (Sadayo Kawakami voice actor), Lyn (vocalist), and DJ Waka.
"

(Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/03/sega-fes-2019-stage-schedule-announced#jou4EvLiLyBeBOWx.99)
Yeah. That doesn't sound like news to me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah. That doesn't sound like news to me.
It's not really, based on the descriptions. It's just likely for there to be announcements because it's sega fes.
nothing's guaranteed, but worth keeping an eye out for. i'll check it out if im not asleep XD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm starting to get impatient for Joker. It'll be 5 months by the time we even get a trailer.
It took me a little while to come to terms with that we might only get him them after the 24th, but i still get excited too. We've had to wait longer than 1 month for quite a lot of stuff, i think we can make it ;p

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It took me a little while to come to terms with that we might only get him them after the 24th, but i still get excited too. We've had to wait longer than 1 month for quite a lot of stuff, i think we can make it ;p
I'm just dissapointed we won't get him before Easter. I'm basically going to be playing smash with my cousins who I rarely get to see for three days straight. It would have been perfect. And literally the only way we wouldn't get Joker in time is for it to be the very last week of April. So of course guess when he's coming out.

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
as saddening as it may be the reason behind the removal of the april word may be because the team is no longer confident they'll be able to get it done by april anymore

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm just dissapointed we won't get him before Easter. I'm basically going to be playing smash with my cousins who I rarely get to see for three days straight. It would have been perfect. And literally the only way we wouldn't get Joker in time is for it to be the very last week of April. So of course guess when he's coming out.
Yeah too bad. I wanted it sooner too, but there's also still a chance it can happen. let's hope for the best but still enjoy when we do get them.

unrelated; a bit of cute art:

artist: https://www.deviantart.com/pineapple8mango

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah too bad. I wanted it sooner too, but there's also still a chance it can happen. let's hope for the best but still enjoy when we do get them.

unrelated; a bit of cute art:

artist: https://www.deviantart.com/pineapple8mango
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but staying in this thread won't do much good for me. Most here are starting to give up now.

I'll be leaving you folks until something happens. :goomba:

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Honestly I don't see the missing word equating to it not being April at all. They may have changed it simply because it's basically April already, so saying "Coming April 2019" is awkward when that's the month we're in. Did they ever give us an idea of when in April 3.0 is planned to be out?

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
If Joker does get delayed even further, then I blame Atlus. Using Joker's Smash inclusion just to tie in to their spinoff **** when they could have just featured him as it is...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly I don't see the missing word equating to it not being April at all. They may have changed it simply because it's basically April already, so saying "Coming April 2019" is awkward when that's the month we're in. Did they ever give us an idea of when in April 3.0 is planned to be out?
They just said spring. But they said spring for joker too and that there'd be more on 3.0 later, so it sounds like a direct in april.
I think the word probably is nothing too, It's just because of atlus saying the next info on p5r is on the 24th of april that maybe that can make it seem like maybe a late thing.

If Joker does get delayed even further, then I blame Atlus. Using Joker's Smash inclusion just to tie in to their spinoff **** when they could have just featured him as it is...
You shouldn't blame when you dont know the truth.
(well blame isn't good in any case)

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
So now Atlus is blind to the status of their game development?
Perhaps they're also blind that they are not the only ones who matter here and delaying Joker is making it troublesome for everyone else. Also it's making me start getting some stingy Square Enix vibes, which makes me uncertain about Joker's Smash content itself.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Perhaps they're also blind that they are not the only ones who matter here and delaying Joker is making it troublesome for everyone else. Also it's making me start getting some stingy Square Enix vibes, which makes me uncertain about Joker's Smash content itself.
Aeon just stop making stuff up about atlus. And even if they would have a hand in delaying, it's their character and we're gonna get it when it's ready one way or another. You always talked about people feeling entitled and you're the one that seems to feel the most that way, thinking atlus has to give you or people what they want.

Just let them to their thing and we'll get them soon enough. nothing wrong with venting but try to find ways where you dont always project it on them.

D

Deleted member

I expect April to be the time we get 3.0., even if people start claiming that it is getting delayed without any base.
The modes are in the code, Joker already has the 3D model, and the Nindies relation with Directs is still plausible.
I am positive about this claim.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Atlus and Nintendo don't owe you anything. You're not entitled to his release. The fact he is in smash is far past enough for me and should be exciting whether he takes a year or a couple months. It'll be April/May at the latest anyway.

Video game development is not easy. It's so mind-numbingly difficult. Give them credit for getting Joker in, please. They deserve praise for that.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Atlus and Nintendo don't owe you anything. You're not entitled to his release. The fact he is in smash is far past enough for me and should be exciting whether he takes a year or a couple months. It'll be April/May at the latest anyway.

Video game development is not easy. It's so mind-numbingly difficult. Give them credit for getting Joker in, please. They deserve praise for that.
I am aware I'm being hypocritical right now, but its hard to be positive when what was supposed to be just a simple Smash appearance is possibly being bogged down by Atlus using it as an advertisment stunt especially if this new girl is involved. If there was no possible tie-in to P5R, maybe Joker could have been revealed sooner who knows.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's fine to be disappointed, but don't start getting mad about it. That's when it becomes entitlement. Ironically you're the first person in this thread to act like this.

D

Deleted member

People on the internet are impatient.
Sadly it is the case in general.
At least the internet does have some patient people.

Trust me, I know a lot about patient from my experience as a Godzilla fan alone.
I waited more than 10 years to see Godzilla in anything after Final Wars released.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Sadly it is the case in general.
At least the internet does have some patient people.

Trust me, I know a lot about patient from my experience as a Godzilla fan alone.
I waited more than 10 years to see Godzilla in anything after Final Wars released.
You wanna talk patience, you talk to Square-Enix fans.

Joker will come out, there's no problem there. My only worry is he's competitively viable so I can watch him regularly on Smash Streams (RIP Cloud, but hey, I got Wario, so tit for tat)

D

Deleted member

You wanna talk patience, you talk to Square-Enix fans.

Joker will come out, there's no problem there. My only worry is he's competitively viable so I can watch him regularly on Smash Streams (RIP Cloud, but hey, I got Wario, so tit for tat)
DLC characters tend to be pretty good at launch.
I am confident that Joker will be a good pick for players in general

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Aeon just stop making stuff up about atlus. And even if they would have a hand in delaying, it's their character and we're gonna get it when it's ready one way or another. You always talked about people feeling entitled and you're the one that seems to feel the most that way, thinking atlus has to give you or people what they want.

Just let them to their thing and we'll get them soon enough. nothing wrong with venting but try to find ways where you dont always project it on them.
It just seems it would be more trouble than it is worth for Atlus, having to spend all that time renegotiating, trying to line up his release for a game they've announced anyway. Meanwhile it's not much skin off the Smash team who get more time to develop/balance Joker and can possibly develop and release another character if it really takes a while for non-development hell reasons.

I am aware I'm being hypocritical right now, but its hard to be positive when what was supposed to be just a simple Smash appearance is possibly being bogged down by Atlus using it as an advertisment stunt especially if this new girl is involved. If there was no possible tie-in to P5R, maybe Joker could have been revealed sooner who knows.
So you're saying Joker could have been a launch character? Don't be silly. Persona has very little ties to Nintendo. Piranha Plant had a gameplay trailer early because he was easy to include and made sense in a Nintendo game. We likely only got Joker and whatever Persona 5 content that comes with him because Sakurai happened to really like the game. It may be more appropriate to think of Smash DLC as bonuses.

D

Deleted member

Another thing worth to note is the fact that Nintendo knows most of the time when to do a Direct and show specific products.

If they just decided to rush a Direct for short periods of time, we would end up with stuff like State Of Play. But instead, they know when to show gameplay or not (like with Metroid Prime 4), where to reveal them and how to present it.
I feel like they are taking some time with the stuff of 3.0. just for some general polishing and testing before getting ready to show everything at once. Maybe even a small tease of the second fighter to make it more interesting.

Needless to say: we should be patient, because Nintendo is probably trying to take the needed time to bring us a good presentation.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Another thing worth to note is the fact that Nintendo knows most of the time when to do a Direct and show specific products.

If they just decided to rush a Direct for short periods of time, we would end up with stuff like State Of Play. But instead, they know when to show gameplay or not (like with Metroid Prime 4), where to reveal them and how to present it.
I feel like they are taking some time with the stuff of 3.0. just for some general polishing and testing before getting ready to show everything at once. Maybe even a small tease of the second fighter to make it more interesting.

Needless to say: we should be patient, because Nintendo is probably trying to take the needed time to bring us a good presentation.
State of Play?

D

Deleted member

State of Play?
Remember Sony’s attempt at a Nintendo Direct from a few days ago?
That was State Of Play.

It backfired because they rushed it and didn’t take their time to prepare more stuff to show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Remember Sony’s attempt at a Nintendo Direct from a few days ago?
That was State Of Play.

It backfired because they rushed it and didn’t take their time to prepare more stuff to show.
Ah that one, was it really that bad? What happened there?

D

Deleted member

Too short for a Direct-like presentation, exaggerated presence of stuff for PS VR without enough regular games, mediocre selection of announcements and lack of shocking reveals at the level of Animal Crossing or Link’s Awakening from past Nintendo Directs.

All of this because Sony rushed without taking the needed time to gather enough reveals.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Literally nothing of note.

Aka:
  • Lots of VR games nobody really cared about.
  • A really good Mortal Kombat 11 trailer.
Also, I doubt Atlus is behind anything behind why we have no Joker or whatever. It's ultimately Nintendo's say since it's their game and Joker/Persona/Atlus is just a small part of it.

D

Deleted member

I gotta say doh, I liked the stuff they showcased for Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled...
Even if PAX ended giving us way more stuff than State Of Play from it (I suggest to check a Youtube channel called “Canadian Guy Eh” to look at a good chunk of the stuff present at PAX of the game).
The thing that shocked me a lot too was the abscense of Medievil.

Thankfully Nintendo does stuff like this in a more organized and functional way.

amageish

Smash Master
In general, I'm not surprised it's been so long without news. As said before, it takes 6 months for a character and December-April is 5 months. There is no evidence to suggest ATLUS slowed down the process - in fact, we know it was Nintendo who asked to reveal it at the TGAs well in advance...

As for the "Approaching" thing, I assume it's a change as it is almost April? "Approaching: April" would be kind of odd when it is April... It doesn't strike me as evidence of a delay...

D

Deleted member

In general, I'm not surprised it's been so long without news. As said before, it takes 6 months for a character and December-April is 5 months. There is no evidence to suggest ATLUS slowed down the process - in fact, we know it was Nintendo who asked to reveal it at the TGAs well in advance...

As for the "Approaching" thing, I assume it's a change as it is almost April? "Approaching: April" would be kind of odd when it is April... It doesn't strike me as evidence of a delay...
That’s the way I see it too.
Makes sense to make that change now that we enter April at last.

That being said, maybe we should check the Atlus thing happening in some hours to check if we get stuff about P5 The Royal.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
We don't really have any precedent for a delayed character, but part of how me realizes that if Sakurai works as crazy as he does, then it'd be more likely that he admit Joker is delayed for some time rather than just leave it like that and have people assume.

Semantics-wise, the change doesn't really mean anything - pretty open about it too. Obvious extremes still remain that he's either been pushed back into May or we get him as soon as it's April 1st. Dunno if this puts things into context for anyone, but Joker still isn't the longest time we've had to wait for a character since their reveal - the honor still goes to Mewtwo, and a veteran at that.

Also, this isn't to encourage or discourage anyone from watching Sega FES later, but the official schedule only describes the panel later as a Q&A session with the voice actresses of Morgana and Kawakami in addition to a mini-concert. Personally, this doesn't sound like an avenue to learn more about P5R, but I could be mistaken. (https://personacentral.com/sega-fes-2019-persona-event-schedule/)

D

Deleted member

We don't really have any precedent for a delayed character, but part of how me realizes that if Sakurai works as crazy as he does, then it'd be more likely that he admit Joker is delayed for some time rather than just leave it like that and have people assume.

Semantics-wise, the change doesn't really mean anything - pretty open about it too. Obvious extremes still remain that he's either been pushed back into May or we get him as soon as it's April 1st. Dunno if this puts things into context for anyone, but Joker still isn't the longest time we've had to wait for a character since their reveal - the honor still goes to Mewtwo, and a veteran at that.

Also, this isn't to encourage or discourage anyone from watching Sega FES later, but the official schedule only describes the panel later as a Q&A session with the voice actresses of Morgana and Kawakami in addition to a mini-concert. Personally, this doesn't sound like an avenue to learn more about P5R, but I could be mistaken. (https://personacentral.com/sega-fes-2019-persona-event-schedule/)
Yup, Mewtwo had the longest wait in Smash 4.

And thanks for the apportation about SEGA FES. Although I may be sleeping while it happens it is still good to keep the expectations as realistic as possible, so this information is always welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:

amageish

Smash Master
I plan on watching FES if I'm still awake, but I'm not expecting much. The only weird thing is that it is the final event of SEGA FES (besides the closing ceromony itself). A talk show with two voice actors is kind of a weird way to wrap up a video game festival?

Top Bottom