• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
It occurs to me. Releasing Joker on April Fool's Day (technically before the end of April) with no preamble would be the best possible prank.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wow, he looks incredible! Perfect in the Smash style! God I can't wait for gameplay and to play as him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So apparently, fate still finds a way to force me to end my hiatus from a thread earlier than expected. Sasuga, Best Buy.

Because it is a cool little treat that I am sure Sakurai would love to work with, considering his love of P5.
Also, Metal Gear Solid 4 wasn't even out yet when Snake came in Brawl, and that included Gekkos, so this kind of thing wouldn't be unprecedented. Smash is partly an ad for upcoming things, after all.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Because it is a cool little treat that I am sure Sakurai would love to work with, considering his love of P5.
I really like this take. Like, imagine playing a game you love and getting the chance to not only put the main character in the game you made but they also trust you with something special that's coming up soon that fans of the series are excited for. It must be really neat.

D

Deleted member

I thought it was Best Buy, not GameStop.
Then I don’t know.
Maybe the person who said Gamestop was referring to something unrelated meant to be posted somewhere else... Or said the wrong store.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Here's hoping that there's at least some kind of announcement on April Fool's day. I'm thinking Joker is going to release a little sooner than I anticipated.

Welp, time to keep binge playing Persona in the meantime.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Just wanna point out one crucial part of that Joker render leak: it was in a WEEKLY AD meant for this upcoming one - March 31st to April 6. Assuming that no shenanigans happen, we only need to wait for roughly 6 days maximum for Joker.

Joker's finally gonna be in Smash, guys. What is this timeline.
How sure a thing is this? What exactly is a weekly add?

D

Deleted member

Joker has one of the best renders in Ultimate by a mile, if you ask me.

Hopefully the rest of the Fighter Pass renders are at a similar level.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
It occurs to me. Releasing Joker on April Fool's Day (technically before the end of April) with no preamble would be the best possible prank.
You could say that, if he dropped April 1st, it would be the

April

's

Day

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Hot take: Best Buy didn't screw up and the Phantom Thieves wanted to alert the world of their presence. The Best Buy ad is a calling card.

D

Deleted member

Hot take: Best Buy didn't screw up and the Phantom Thieves wanted to alert the world of their presence. The Best Buy ad is a calling card.
I like this headcanon.
I’ll take it too if you don’t mind.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I was just gonna rest for a while and go check on the stream but i fell asleep. :O

I took a look at the vods and didnt even see anything persona-related. Did they not stream it? The mini-concert, the voice actors, etc.
I'm not sure what happened lol. I do know there was a long puyo puyo tournament :p

Anyway, as for the render, it almost looks like plastic. We sure that ain't an amiibo? ;p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then I don’t know.
Maybe the person who said Gamestop was referring to something unrelated meant to be posted somewhere else... Or said the wrong store.
Or TMNT was simply joking, poorly.

How sure a thing is this? What exactly is a weekly add?
Kinda like those circulars you get for groceries and other general stores, but in digital form.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So if this is really the weekly add, then Joker this week is basically confirmed. But I looked at the Best buy weekly add for the week of the 31st and this was not there.

D

Deleted member

I somehow almost forgot about the fact he's going to be getting an Amiibo. I'm probably gonna buy 20 of them. :p
Take in mind that if the new character from P5 The Royal ends up being his alt, maybe she gets an amiibo too.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So I was just gonna rest for a while and go check on the stream but i fell asleep. :O

I took a look at the vods and didnt even see anything persona-related. Did they not stream it? The mini-concert, the voice actors, etc.
I'm not sure what happened lol. I do know there was a long puyo puyo tournament :p

Anyway, as for the render, it almost looks like plastic. We sure that ain't an amiibo? ;p
Yeah, it doesn't look right to me. But it also doesn't look like an Amiibo. There's no stand, and the Amiibo shouldn't be coming out for a long time. Weird.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, it doesn't look right to me. But it also doesn't look like an Amiibo. There's no stand, and the Amiibo shouldn't be coming out for a long time. Weird.
Well we cant really see the bottom so there might be. But anyway it's probably the render. It just looks like a figurine to me tho :p

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That's just the Smash style. All the renders have that quality to them, it's just more pronounced with Joker since this image is shrunk down.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do you figure that they already took Joker down from the weekly ad within hours since they realised they let the cat burglar out of the bag?

That makes sense.

Anyone else thinking it's happening this week?
Me. Which is somewhat disadvantageous, since I had my week-off from work set up for the second week of April, but beggars aren't choosers.~

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's just the Smash style. All the renders have that quality to them, it's just more pronounced with Joker since this image is shrunk down.
No they all look like 3d models to me. not joker.

But anyway, ... still wondering about what happened with the sega fes persona stuff. anyone know anything?
edit: I'll take that as a no :p

Do you figure that they already took Joker down from the weekly ad within hours since they realised they let the cat burglar out of the bag?

Me. Which is somewhat disadvantageous, since I had my week-off from work set up for the second week of April, but beggars aren't choosers.~
It's still up on best buy, and I bet i'tll stay there for a good while.

edit2: Looking a bit around the internet, seems a lot of people were disappointed with Sega Fes in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So it looks like something was found on Best Buy's website

My man looks incredible! I mean... looking cool, Joker! He looks incredibly faithful to P5 and fits in with the rest of the Smash cast!
Seems like the Phantom Thieves are going to infiltrate Smash soon!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Master Hand: So you have come to ruin my show? All right, come and try, thieves!
Alert level increases to 99%

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No they all look like 3d models to me. not joker.

But anyway, ... still wondering about what happened with the sega fes persona stuff. anyone know anything?
edit: I'll take that as a no :p

It's still up on best buy, and I bet i'tll stay there for a good while.

edit2: Looking a bit around the internet, seems a lot of people were disappointed with Sega Fes in general.
Yeah I figured that Fes would have bupkis, so it's a good thing the leak came when it did.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I hope that his render being leaked this early means that he's going to release soon. Dying to see any kind of gameplay for the guy, really. :/

The pose is absolutely perfect, though, so I think Joker definitely secured a place in the top five character renders for Ultimate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I hope that his render being leaked this early means that he's going to release soon. Dying to see any kind of gameplay for the guy, really. :/

The pose is absolutely perfect, though, so I think Joker definitely secured a place in the top five character renders for Ultimate.
Gameplay maybe ? I think that can happen.

I could see maybe an announcement for a direct this coming week or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom