• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd like to present this video as a cautionary tale against being too gung-ho about trying to punish people above all else:

lmao boogie is a piece of ****. Dude tried to justify the ****ing HOLOCAUST with "sOMe mEdiCAl AdVAncEs cAMe OuT oF It!"

StormC

Smash Hero
Isn't there people up in arms about this in Japan as well? I thought I heard that at least.
Yes, it just doesn't get a lot of coverage or attention in the press.

The same thing happened with FE Fates' conversion therapy scene. A lot of Japanese LGBT groups spoke out against it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

The same thing happened with FE Fates' conversion therapy scene. A lot of Japanese LGBT groups spoke out against it.
I wish that was not the case.

amageish

Smash Master

I'm glad those groups exist! It's unfortunate it doesn't get much attention though - that definitely doesn't aid the cultural assumption that Japan is entirely homophobic... I'd be cool if someone who speaks both Japanese and English could do an Medium article or something about the different reactions to the Catherine controversy.

And GOOD. **** that scene. Here's hoping Three Houses has learned from it and will do better.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm glad those groups exist! It's unfortunate it doesn't get much attention though - that definitely doesn't aid the cultural assumption that Japan is entirely homophobic... I'd be cool if someone who speaks both Japanese and English could do an Medium article or something about the different reactions to the Catherine controversy.

And GOOD. **** that scene. Here's hoping Three Houses has learned from it and will do better.
Echoes was a HUGE improvement in LGBT wise, so I have faith in Three Houses to do well in that regard

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Echoes was a HUGE improvement in LGBT wise, so I have faith in Three Houses to do well in that regard
Really? I didn't even know it had some representation. Lucky for us then, as it seems 3 Houses is inheriting a lot of things from Echos.

amageish

Smash Master
Right! I forgot about those lines! Those were good.

Really? I didn't even know it had some representation. Lucky for us then, as it seems 3 Houses is inheriting a lot of things from Echos.
If I recall, it's just a bit of dialogue where one of the characters casually acknowledges his sexuality and another character is like "I accept you for being you."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Right! I forgot about those lines! Those were good.

If I recall, it's just a bit of dialogue where one of the characters casually acknowledges his sexuality and another character is like "I accept you for being you."
That's great to hear! I guess we should not be too worried as long as the team stay's course on the subject, which I imagine they will unless something very stupid happens.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Shame about Atlus Yikes being Atlus Yikes. Didn't really dampen my Joker hype but I'm definitely not picking up Full Body now.

Regarding FE I really hope Three Houses does better too. Echoes has such a poignant and beautiful monologue about sexuality and attraction that meant a lot to me, so it'll be nice if Three Houses at the very least doesn't **** up as badly as Fates did. God that was bad. Poor Soleil.

Who directed the P3P FemC route? Apart from the Yasoinaba trip and having to pick a boy to have a crush on it did super well with LGBT representation between Elizabeth and Aigis. More of that.

for God's sake I just want to date Yusuke as Joker in the remake please

amageish

Smash Master
Shame about Atlus Yikes being Atlus Yikes. Didn't really dampen my Joker hype but I'm definitely not picking up Full Body now.

Regarding FE I really hope Three Houses does better too. Echoes has such a poignant and beautiful monologue about sexuality and attraction that meant a lot to me, so it'll be nice if Three Houses at the very least doesn't **** up as badly as Fates did. God that was bad. Poor Soleil.

Who directed the P3P FemC route? Apart from the Yasoinaba trip and having to pick a boy to have a crush on it did super well with LGBT representation between Elizabeth and Aigis. More of that.

for God's sake I just want to date Yusuke as Joker in the remake please
Three Houses being better then Fates is a low bar, but hopefully achievable! I'd also like to be able to be as bi in-game as I am in reality haha.

Azusa Kido was the P3P director. She was also a scenario writer in P4 and PQ - and probably a bunch of other games, but her full resume isn't conveniently listed in English online... We were discussing earlier how she'd be a good choice to do P6, given how Hashino has left P-Team.

I honestly would be kind of surprised if you couldn't date male at least a couple male characters in the enhanced version - it's just a question if the game is going to handle it well, or pull a Persona 2 by having the game judge you for perusing the male-male relationship...

I'm also still thinking we may get a FeMC in P5R and that she'll also be in Smash, hence why they have been so coy with showing anything related to Joker. If that was the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they made Ann a romance option when playing as the FeMC, given how
Ann's story of everyone assuming she's sleeping around would match real-world stigmas against bi and pan people.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Does anyone get the feeling that people are going to be sorting characters into the Three Houses classes Harry Potter style? Maybe not, as it seems the students class is based on birth kingdom rather than character, but I still think people are going to do it anyway.

StormC

Smash Hero
Three Houses being better then Fates is a low bar, but hopefully achievable! I'd also like to be able to be as bi in-game as I am in reality haha.

Azusa Kido was the P3P director. She was also a scenario writer in P4 and PQ - and probably a bunch of other games, but her full resume isn't conveniently listed in English online... We were discussing earlier how she'd be a good choice to do P6, given how Hashino has left P-Team.

I honestly would be kind of surprised if you couldn't date male at least a couple male characters in the enhanced version - it's just a question if the game is going to handle it well, or pull a Persona 2 by having the game judge you for perusing the male-male relationship...

I'm also still thinking we may get a FeMC in P5R and that she'll also be in Smash, hence why they have been so coy with showing anything related to Joker. If that was the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they made Ann a romance option when playing as the FeMC, given how
Ann's story of everyone assuming she's sleeping around would match real-world stigmas against bi and pan people.
Logistically a P5R female protag might be difficult. I wouldn't be against it at all if they did it, but P3P was able to do it partially because they simplified the game's presentation to a visual novel outside of dungeons and stripped away animated cutscenes. Persona 5 has about an hour of animated cutscenes that they would have to completely redo, and then account for other things - namely the fact that I don't imagine culturally, most of the characters would react the same way to a female character with a criminal record and rumors of violence. The opening prologue scene alone where Joker is subject to violence and intimidation - you know which one - would play completely differently with a female protagonist.

Don't get me wrong, if they can do it, great, but the game would have to be massively reworked, I think, or else it might come off awkward.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Logistically a P5R female protag might be difficult. I wouldn't be against it at all if they did it, but P3P was able to do it partially because they simplified the game's presentation to a visual novel outside of dungeons and stripped away animated cutscenes. Persona 5 has about an hour of animated cutscenes that they would have to completely redo, and then account for other things - namely the fact that I don't imagine culturally, most of the characters would react the same way to a female character with a criminal record and rumors of violence. The opening prologue scene alone where Joker is subject to violence and intimidation - you know which one - would play completely differently with a female protagonist.

Don't get me wrong, if they can do it, great, but the game would have to be massively reworked, I think, or else it might come off awkward.
Yeah, it would be a lot of work. But if they could pull it off with all the logical extremes that would be involved with such a task, I think it would be well worth it.

amageish

Smash Master
Does anyone get the feeling that people are going to be sorting characters into the Three Houses classes Harry Potter style? Maybe not, as it seems the students class is based on birth kingdom rather than character, but I still think people are going to do it anyway.
I imagine there will be some characters you'll be able to recruit in different houses - i.e., you can pick which house to send to do a paralogue that unlocks someone. I'd peg that as the exception to the rule though.

Also, I'm expecting at least 20 "WHICH THREE HOUSES HOUSE ARE YOU?!?" Buzzfeed-style quizzes from fans who want to sort themselves and their friends.

(Side-Note: There is an officially-sponsored "Which P5 character are you?" quiz to promote Dancing in Starlight. I'm Haru.)

That is true. If it happened, I imagine it would be the singular enhancement being made for the game. It would also require quite a bit of rewriting, but I also imagine the rewriting would be a bit easier then P3 in a sense? Like, it's very obvious how a female being a figurehead of a group of societal rebels would be transgressive ,though I also recognize that the amount of rewriting may make it not worth doing nonetheless. I don't know how popular the FeMC was in Japan - obviously she was in PQ2 and they wrote the musical adaptation of Persona 3 twice for each protagonist (yes, that exists and is worth a google if you enjoy weird dance-fighting to the P3 OST), but her not being in P3DMN is... weird.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I imagine there will be some characters you'll be able to recruit in different houses - i.e., you can pick which house to send to do a paralogue that unlocks someone. I'd peg that as the exception to the rule though.

Also, I'm expecting at least 20 "WHICH THREE HOUSES HOUSE ARE YOU?!?" Buzzfeed-style quizzes from fans who want to sort themselves and their friends.

(Side-Note: There is an officially-sponsored "Which P5 character are you?" quiz to promote Dancing in Starlight. I'm Haru.)
Probably. One heck of a way to get new students though.

I was interested and decided to do the quiz you linked. I got Makoto.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

That is true. If it happened, I imagine it would be the singular enhancement being made for the game. It would also require quite a bit of rewriting, but I also imagine the rewriting would be a bit easier then P3 in a sense? Like, it's very obvious how a female being a figurehead of a group of societal rebels would be transgressive ,though I also recognize that the amount of rewriting may make it not worth doing nonetheless. I don't know how popular the FeMC was in Japan - obviously she was in PQ2 and they wrote the musical adaptation of Persona 3 twice for each protagonist (yes, that exists and is worth a google if you enjoy weird dance-fighting to the P3 OST), but her not being in P3DMN is... weird.
she got lucky not being in p3d lol

Game is a train wreck lmao

amageish

Smash Master
Probably. One heck of a way to get new students though.

I was interested and decided to do the quiz you linked. I got Makoto.
"Hey, we just saved your life! ... Want to enroll at our prodigious military academy?"

Nice! I feel like most people who will take it will get the more introverted characters, given the game's audience.

she got lucky not being in p3d lol

Game is a train wreck lmao
P3DMN was impressive in how the remixes are consistently worse then the original songs... The dialogue was super duper weird -
seriously, Junpei, why are you still a flirt after the Chidori arc?

P5DSN was pretty great in my opinion, though I also have a mildly unhealthy addiction to rhythm games... in that I imported P5DSN from Japan, platinumed it, then bought it in English, then platinumed it again...

I, uh, promise I'm not insane.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
"Hey, we just saved your life! ... Want to enroll at our prodigious military academy?"

Nice! I feel like most people who will take it will get the more introverted characters, given the game's audience.
Imagine if we have another case or two of convincing an enemy unit to join us.

Yeah, Makoto is about what I expected, especially in the context of going out.

amageish

Smash Master
Imagine if we have another case or two of convincing an enemy unit to join us.

Yeah, Makoto is about what I expected, especially in the context of going out.
"Look, I know you really want us dead, BUT also we have full tuition scholarships for enemy defectors! I'm sure you'll qualify, you even have a special portrait that makes you different from the rest of the grunts - we even offer extensive healthcare services to cover the absurdly-high upkeep costs required for your fancy haircut."

Yeah. I was also expecting Makoto, but then ended up Haru.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
"Look, I know you really want us dead, BUT also we have full tuition scholarships for enemy defectors! I'm sure you'll qualify, you even have a special portrait that makes you different from the rest of the grunts - we even offer extensive healthcare services to cover the absurdly-high upkeep costs required for your fancy haircut."

Yeah. I was also expecting Makoto, but then ended up Haru.
"The only reason I am serving this faction is so I can afford to go back to college! Thank you!"

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Am i tge only one who gets the feel from his character model, that he will kinda feel similiar to shiek in terms of playstyle?

amageish

Smash Master
"The only reason I am serving this faction is so I can afford to go back to college! Thank you!"
Plot-Twist: Fire Emblem Three Houses is actually a commentary on the predatory student loan industry. The final boss is a dragon working for a debt collection agency.

still would make more sense then TMS#FE

Am i tge only one who gets the feel from his character model, that he will kinda feel similiar to shiek in terms of playstyle?
Perhaps? I mean, both are quick characters known for being sneaky.

osby

Smash Obsessed
P3DMN was impressive in how the remixes are consistently worse then the original songs...
You can't say that with a straight face when remixes of A Way of Life, Heartful Cry, Time, When the Moon is Reaching Stars and A Deep Mentailty exist.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, as an outsider to Harvest Moon, lemme ask this...

If you pick a girl as a mate in that, how does getting a child work? Adoption?

Plot-Twist: Fire Emblem Three Houses is actually a commentary on the predatory student loan industry. The final boss is a dragon working for a debt collection agency.

If I don't get the opportunity to do a Pink Floyd joke, it'll be a waste.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I would buy a game like that.

Also I just realized, you know how the Persona games all have thematic colors? Well I just found another Three Houses comparison.

Blue=P3=Blue Lions
Yellow=P3=Gold Deer
Red=P5=Black Eagles

Funny how things work out like that. I guess we also know what Pokemon Go teams each Persona cast would be in as well.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Probably not. Joker will most likely use his Persona for a lot of his moveset. I'd picture a JoJo character over Shiek in terms of fighting style. If anything, if Sakurai goes the abhorrently uncreative route, he'd be similar to Robin. But there's no way he'll be similar to Shiek.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
You can't say that with a straight face when remixes of A Way of Life, Heartful Cry, Time, When the Moon is Reaching Stars and A Deep Mentailty exist.
Some of them are good! But I definitely found that those ones (especially Time and When the Moon is Reaching Stars) were the ones I would play over and over again to unlock everything, while others I would avoid like the plague - such as the Mass Destruction remix danced by Ken...

Okay, as an outsider to Harvest Moon, lemme ask this...

If you pick a girl as a mate in that, how does getting a child work? Adoption?
Harvest Moon? Maybe I'm missing a reference/joke here, but if we're actually talking about Harvest Moon, you usually have a child through pregnancy in games that include children? I believe Harvest Moon DS is the only one to allow not-straight relationships, and even then they localized it as "Best Friends" and didn't have children.

I would buy a game like that.

Also I just realized, you know how the Persona games all have thematic colors? Well I just found another Three Houses comparison.

Blue=P3=Blue Lions
Yellow=P3=Gold Deer
Red=P5=Black Eagles

Funny how things work out like that. I guess we also know what Pokemon Go teams each Persona cast would be in as well.
Those are three popular colours, I suppose. Definitely going to be thinking about that in the game now though...

"Memento Mori Blue Lions! Give it your all in your classes!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Harvest Moon? Maybe I'm missing a reference/joke here, but if we're actually talking about Harvest Moon, you usually have a child through pregnancy in games that include children? I believe Harvest Moon DS is the only one to allow not-straight relationships, and even then they localized it as "Best Friends" and didn't have children.
Well, you guys had same sex talk earlier, so I was wondering about that. Good to know then.

You are like 16 in P5, no, you can't have kids.
I wasn't even talking about this game, but okay.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Okay folks i need some help, which of these 3 looks the best? Currently considering wasting money on one of these:
I'd go for the Ryuji/middle one myself, but I'm also biased towards nerdy clothing that is not overt in its nerdiness.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey guys, been awhile since I’ve stopped by, how’s the Phandom doing?
27A010C9-BE11-45A8-AC46-699DAF27FECE.gif

Top Bottom