• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I want to feel excited for this character, but I've never played a Persona game and they didn't show off any gameplay (likely because they don't have a functioning moveset yet.) Does anyone have any idea of how he would play? I can imagine him being anything from a rush down or hit and run character to a zoner or puppet master.

In traditional Persona fashion, Joker now must bang every eligible female in smash. If he fails, he no longer counts as a persona protagonist.
Erm...You do know this also includes Pikachu Libre right?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I want to feel excited for this character, but I've never played a Persona game and they didn't show off any gameplay (likely because they don't have a functioning moveset yet.) Does anyone have any idea of how he would play? I can imagine him being anything from a rush down or hit and run character to a zoner or puppet master.

Wait a minute; Pikachu Libre is a GIRL????? How can you tell that? xD

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Check out these alts! I love them! Big fan of the Velvet Room attendant one.

Of course, if they go all the way I'd love his "real world" self as one alt.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Check out these alts! I love them! Big fan of the Velvet Room attendant one.

Of course, if they go all the way I'd love his "real world" self as one alt.
I like the black with blue coat, the white and blue one, and the green one. The red one is pretty gaudy but it could be less so in-game.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Honestly, Joker could end up with any kind of playstyle. He has quite the array of abilities. I'm hoping Sakurai does something totally unique. I'm sure whatever he goes with It'll be completely different from anything we have now. Why waste potential on something that's already been done?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have another question: Aside from the heavily memed song, which songs do you think/would you like to be added?
"Will Power", "Blooming Villain", "Life Will Change", "The Whims of Fate", "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There", "Rivers in the Desert" and final boss theme.

Remixes of "Beneath the Mask" and "The Days My Mother was Here" would also be cool.

And this is just if they stick to P5.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Hey guy's: what one on one match are you most excited to play out once the Joker comes out?
It's not just the match-ups, think of the scenarios that can happen that I never thought possible:

Joker being Falcon Punched by Captain Falcon
Joker chucking Poke Balls
Joker being sucked by Kirby
The list goes on...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Joker Vs Ridley... Joker and Futab... er, Inkling vs King K. Rool and Piranha Plant... These match-ups can only get crazier.

Joker was always one of my dream wants for this game. And I never expected that he'd be THE first DLC character, even back when this thread first started. He's pretty much this game's equivalent for Cloud to me - "Man it'd be nice to see them one day... It probably won't happen but it'd be cool." Well look how that turned out.

Either way, I'm especially thrilled that Joker is coming to Smash Bros! I'm definitely going to be adding him to my list of mains when he launches. For now, we'll just have to wait and see if anything's happened by the deadline for this mission.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Spoiler: Joker comes to Smash and steal everyone's ****.

Jokes aside, I'd be interested in a fic that he tries to change the hearts of Ganondorf or Bowser.
He has to change Yoshi's for tax fraud
Hey guy's: what one on one match are you most excited to play out once the Joker comes out?
Joker vs Robin for all the Batman jokes.
Joker vs Shulk is a close second for the Reyn quote "Man, what a bunch of jokers".

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Here's another one for you guys to tinker with: What would all Joker's Confidants be in the Smash Bros roster. Who would be what Arcana?

Fool: Kirby
Magician: Pit
Priestess: Zelda
Empress: Rosalina and Luma
Emperor: Bowser
Hierophant: Palutena
Lovers: Peach
Justice: Link
Chariot: Captain Falcon
Hermit: Snake
Fortune: Robin
Strength: Pokemon Trainer
Hanged: Lucas
Death: Ridley
Temperance: Ryu
Devil: Bayonetta
Tower: Ganondorf
Star: Isabelle
Moon: Luigi
Sun: Mario
Judgement: Simon

D

Deleted member

Watching the opening cinematic again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TKETbYtvhY): It makes me shed tears of absolute joy. The opening really does an amazing job making you realize just how far Smash has come in the past 20 years with how it features everyone in the roster from Smash's history (as opposed to past openings where only starters/guest characters were present) which really punctuates the "Everyone is Here" message.

However in light of the latest news, it also makes me awe and utterly speechless in another manner when you realize that: Joker (and Piranha Plant lol) is going to be standing alongside and be on the same level as all these characters!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this just from seeing this amazing intro XD.
I honestly listened to Lifelight a lot more after Joker got confirmed.
It's so surreal to see and hear that the leader behind the Phantom Thieves is joining the Ultimate fight. I still can't believe that we will see Joker will be fighting gaming icons and legends like Mario, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, and more. Not only that, but if we can use DLC characters initially in World of Light, then he will be helping Kirby out to save everyone and steal the treasure in Galeem's Palace.

Fun idea for y'all: come up with a Classic Mode playthrough for Joker. Who would he fight? What stages would the fights be on? What music would be playing during each fight?
I was thinking the battles would be themed around the seven deadly sins and his Classic Mode would be titled "The Path to Rehabilitation."
1. Lust: Bayonetta
2. Gluttony: Kirby and King Dedede
3. Greed: Wario
4. Sloth: Jigglypuff
5. Wrath: Bowser, Ganondorf, and King K. Rool
6. Envy: Luigi
7. Pride: Master Hand and Crazy Hand

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That one time when you use a playing card analogy in an argument, and it actually came true for a reveal:

Let me use a card analogy for a moment; you don't show your hand to the opponents right after the game starts, that's counterintuitive.
Like damn, I ought to get an award for accidentally predicting things, or something.

Honestly, Joker could end up with any kind of playstyle. He has quite the array of abilities. I'm hoping Sakurai does something totally unique. I'm sure whatever he goes with It'll be completely different from anything we have now. Why waste potential on something that's already been done?
Also, he has a knife. Can't complain about him being an anime swordsman if his blade is too dinky for him to be called that.

canvas.png

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Just want to ask: Someone here stated that all the PTs VAs (minus Akechi) confirmed involvement in Smash, but I don't see anything about it on their Twitter accounts. I know Ryuji, Morgana, Ann's (and possibly Yusuke's) VAs confirmed (as their voices were heard in the trailer), but what about the other PT VAs?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wanna know if Akechi doesn't appear, or if they're just hiding something

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I honestly listened to Lifelight a lot more after Joker got confirmed.
It's so surreal to see and hear that the leader behind the Phantom Thieves is joining the Ultimate fight. I still can't believe that we will see Joker will be fighting gaming icons and legends like Mario, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, and more. Not only that, but if we can use DLC characters initially in World of Light, then he will be helping Kirby out to save everyone and steal the treasure in Galeem's Palace.
It would be funny (yet awesome) if the 6 DLC characters (Piranha Plant, Joker, and the 4 others) are automatically party members in the World of Light because that would mean Kirby gets his own little hero squad as he sets off to save everyone. And on top of the cool image of imagining Joker aiding Kirby, there's also the hilarious thought of a Piranha Plant doing the same thing lmao.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I wanna know if Akechi doesn't appear, or if they're just hiding something
I wonder that too. It doesn't seem like ATLUS tends to market him alongside the rest of the PTs considering he's a temporary party member and the most spoilerific at that. Case in point: The Dancing game where the rest of the thieves were playable from the get-go while Akechi was post-launch DLC.

amageish

Smash Master
Just want to ask: Someone here stated that all the PTs VAs (minus Akechi) confirmed involvement in Smash, but I don't see anything about it on their Twitter accounts. I know Ryuji, Morgana, Ann's (and possibly Yusuke's) VAs confirmed (as their voices were heard in the trailer), but what about the other PT VAs?
I don't think we know anything about the PTs being confirmed to be doing anything for Smash proper? Some have just expressed excitement at the announcement.

That said, while some voice actors choose not to participate in Smash Brothers (and other Nintendo games) due to them being non-union work, a majority of the Persona 5 cast have also been in Fire Emblem Heroes - which makes me think that they're cool with non-union-Nintendo-work. So, I wouldn't worry about any soundalikes/re-casts barring scheduling conflicts. So, if Nintendo wants the Phantom Thieves to be chatty, then I imagine they will be.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Congratulations everyone! :)

I know this is a few days late, but I'm still in awe that Joker is going to be in Smash. Like wow. I believe my words to his announcement were something like: Well holy ****.

I probably stared at the computer screen for like a minute after that, not gonna lie.
After watching this video and seeing people's reactions, its safe to say that Nintendo is a genius. Hopefully this means a port of P5 too. ^_^

I can't wait to play as Joker!

amageish

Smash Master

I know this is a few days late, but I'm still in awe that Joker is going to be in Smash. Like wow. I believe my words to his announcement were something like: Well holy ****.

I probably stared at the computer screen for like a minute after that, not gonna lie.
After watching this video and seeing people's reactions, its safe to say that Nintendo is a genius. Hopefully this means a port of P5 too. ^_^

I think we're all still in awe haha. It's a lot to process.

Yeah, I've also been binging reaction videos. I love how the trailer leads everyone in so many different speculative directions. Like, it generally goes
- "Oh, its being hacked... Cyberpunk?"
- "Uh. It's Persona 5... Did they hack into the theatre to promote the dancing games? Maybe announce Arena? Q2? A Switch port?"
- "They were invited... to steal... something?"
- "WAIT WHAT"
[insert 2 minutes of screaming here]

I think this was a great choice for the first announcement too. Like, even people who maybe don't care for Persona are blown away by how Nintendo is setting up the DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I know, right. I was just about ready to give up watching the VGAs by the time they were ready to announce the Game of the Year, since it was running really late and I needed to go to sleep before work.

Then boom, lights out, the miracle happened. I was just as excited as for any of my bigger wants. Immediately tuned out after the orchestra and had trouble sleeping after that. :p I needed time to process what I just saw, since so much of the VGA was weird and some announcements felt like dreams.

In the meantime, I'm actually willing to bet they'll be more than willing to export Persona Q2 now, especially if they announce for it by the time Joker's available.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Can someone make a comic about this.
>Takes place a year after the events of Persona 5.
>Akira returns to Tokyo for summer break.
>Reunites with his friends and Sojiro at Leblanc.
>They hang out in Akira's old room like old times.
>Then Sojiro tells them about an emergency broadcast and tells them to hurry down and see it.
>Galeem's rays have reached Tokyo.
>Everyone evacuates LeBlanc as a beam is about to hit Leblanc, Sojiro doesn't make it.
>They hurry to try and find the source of the problem, but are stopped by some puppet fighters.
>Ryuji & Mokoto stay behind and try to fend them off.
>They continue their search for the source of the problem, Some more puppet fighters appear.
>This time Ann, Yusuke, & Haru fend them off.
>Akira, Futaba, and Morgana are the only members of the phantom thieves remaining.
>A beam of light is heading straight for them.
>Futaba and Morgana gets hit.
>Akira sees a blue door, and makes a run for it.
>He successfully escapes from his demise.
>He is now in the Velvet Room.
>Igor & Lavenza welcome him back, and tell him about the situation he's gotten himself in.
>Igor then gives the power of the Persona back to him, along with his old Phantom Thieves outfit.
>A portal appears to the world where Galeem is and Lavenza tells him to hurry.
>Galeems rays have found their way into the velvet room!
>Akira/Joker makes a mad dash towards the portal, he succeeds.
>He appears on a cliffside and sees Kirby.
>He says that he will help him out, because his world was attack by Galeem.
>Kirby agrees and they jump into action!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can someone make a comic about this.
>Takes place a year after the events of Persona 5.
>Akira returns to Tokyo for summer break.
>Reunites with his friends and Sojiro at Leblanc.
>They hang out in Akira's old room like old times.
>Then Sojiro tells them about an emergency broadcast and tells them to hurry down and see it.
>Galeem's rays have reached Tokyo.
>Everyone evacuates LeBlanc as a beam is about to hit Leblanc, Sojiro doesn't make it.
>They hurry to try and find the source of the problem, but are stopped by some puppet fighters.
>Ryuji & Mokoto stay behind and try to fend them off.
>They continue their search for the source of the problem, Some more puppet fighters appear.
>This time Ann, Yusuke, & Haru fend them off.
>Akira, Futaba, and Morgana are the only members of the phantom thieves remaining.
>A beam of light is heading straight for them.
>Futaba and Morgana gets hit.
>Akira sees a blue door, and makes a run for it.
>He successfully escapes from his demise.
>He is now in the Velvet Room.
>Igor & Lavenza welcome him back, and tell him about the situation he's gotten himself in.
>Igor then gives the power of the Persona back to him, along with his old Phantom Thieves outfit.
>A portal appears to the world where Galeem is and Lavenza tells him to hurry.
>Galeems rays have found their way into the velvet room!
>Akira/Joker makes a mad dash towards the portal, he succeeds.
>He appears on a cliffside and sees Kirby.
>He says that he will help him out, because his world was attack by Galeem.
>Kirby agrees and they jump into action!
Incidentally, I've seen a curious tendency of fan artists having Kirby be in a duo with Joker.

joker_in_smash_by_paris7500-dctufg5.gif

__smash_my_heart_joker___by_nayobe_dctvv16-fullview.jpg

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with Joker being in the game, but his reveal wasn't hype at all imo. Just when it was about to get exciting, they decided not to show any gameplay. That is not how you reveal a big name third party. If they didn't have any footage ready they should've waited on this.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

The one with the three guys on the couch is so close to my roommate's and I's reaction that it makes me smile. Breathless, sobbing, screaming. It's a feeling I'm never going to forget. I've been binging reaction videos and watching the Nintendo NYC reactions over and over. There's just such a joyous explosion that felt like nothing else. What a night to remember. Can't wait to play as him.

I'm fine with Joker being in the game, but his reveal wasn't hype at all imo. Just when it was about to get exciting, they decided not to show any gameplay. That is not how you reveal a big name third party. If they didn't have any footage ready they should've waited on this.
bruh the turnaround to the smash logo was all it needed, this **** was a statement

Last edited:
Top Bottom