• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That new article featuring P5 Royal almost seems to be implying Kasumi is a wild card.

"If she is a persona user, what about the persona and the Archana?"

And when it points out the similarities between her and Joker's phantom thieves costumes and says she'll be there from the beginning, it really does make me think it will be possible to play as her.
It's been a huge reason as to why I continue to suspect her of having the Jester arcana, even if it does not seem to fit her character so well as of now.
Sweet, the gymnast motif is stronger than expected.
Want it to be even stronger? The gun she is using is a hunting rifle. Besides the obvious sort of sport it is used for(Hunting), it is also the type of gun used for the Biathlon(To be specific, the Bolt Action and the Frontier Rifle). I am not an expert on guns, but this is what I have learned through some research.
Well, the new Confidant uses a card from the Spanish deck El Gran Tarot Esoterico... So, I imagine she;ll be from that deck?

They could have her be La Consultante, which replaces the Priestess, though I don't know if you'll be actively consulting her or if she'll just tell you her opinion regardless of if you want it... El Ciclo, which replaces Judgment, could work too, as she sounds like she'll somewhat be involved with the cycles of the world, as she has a rebellious spirit but also doesn't want people relying on a new power? El Loco, which replaces the Fool, would work, given how the 0-numbered arcana is associated with the Wild Card in later games, but I don't know if it's different enough from the Fool...
This is not something I knew. Good thing to keep in mind.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, I have a P5R question.
What are your hopes for Akechi in this game? It's pretty much guaranteed that he will love past his boss fight(The glimpse we got of his leg in the trailer), so the question now is what will happen with him post Shido.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What are your hopes for Akechi in this game? It's pretty much guaranteed that he will love past his boss fight(The glimpse we got of his leg in the trailer), so the question now is what will happen with him post Shido.
I hope this game makes me care for them, because the original one failed at that.

amageish

Smash Master
This is not something I knew. Good thing to keep in mind.
Yeah, it seems they're not going to be using the Thoth Deck they used in the extra social links of P3FES and P4G (which makes sense given how P5 is using the Tarot of Marseilles in particular, versus the English decks of past games). So, I wouldn't expect Aeon, Hunger, or Jester to show up, though El Loco may be similar to Jester thematically. I'm not an expert on Spanish tarot decks, but the word choice does invoke a more radical insanity then the youthful innocence of the Fool/Le Mat.

It's also not like Persona hasn't made up Arcana before and P2 just casually decided to have a bunch of "Arcana" named after astrological signs...

I imagine people are right and he'll go to jail instead of Ren, so he can appear post-Feburary-14th with his own social events and being playable in the party? There is also potential in seeing what his "dream" is, if dreams are coming true during the third term (though I personally speculate that all the dream-stealing will be added in somewhere earlier to the story, as we see Kasumi in the New Years event).

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I have arrived to give you all some cute Hamuko art ( Idgaf what Sega calls her )

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Source: https://twitter.com/noctilin/status/1088823509973913601

Have a very nice day

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I imagine people are right and he'll go to jail instead of Ren, so he can appear post-Feburary-14th with his own social events and being playable in the party? There is also potential in seeing what his "dream" is, if dreams are coming true during the third term (though I personally speculate that all the dream-stealing will be added in somewhere earlier to the story, as we see Kasumi in the New Years event).
But we already know what Akechi wants. He wanted to be loved, which may have an interesting result. Compared to all of the other Phantom Thieves, this dream would not be a matter of a highly supernatural change, like turning you into a human or bringing back someone from the dead, but the perception others have on you. I get the feeling, however, that Akechi will be the most resistant to these dreams when it comes to the Phantom Thieves. Just a gut feeling.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For the censorship stuff, Senran Kagura is not a good comparison. Do you even know what the game has in it?

If they didn't censor Soul Calibur, I really dont see them doing something about her outfit.
I dont mind if they change it to show less skin though, but I dont expect they will. They might for smash considering corrin if she were in.

As for her possible role in the story, i still need to look into that to comment.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
But we already know what Akechi wants. He wanted to be loved, which may have an interesting result. Compared to all of the other Phantom Thieves, this dream would not be a matter of a highly supernatural change, like turning you into a human or bringing back someone from the dead, but the perception others have on you. I get the feeling, however, that Akechi will be the most resistant to these dreams when it comes to the Phantom Thieves. Just a gut feeling.
True, but it'd be interesting to see how that would manifest. Like, would it appear as Shido suddenly loving him, or it would it appear as him being accepted by the thieves? Or is he the person who breaks the allure of the dreams as Shido loving him is just too weird for him to handle?

Granted, I still feel like stealing dreams would make more sense as a mission to stop the Phantom Thieves at the height of their popularity (i.e., before Okumara's palace)... It would be a bit odd to wait until the metaverse has collapsed and then decide "Well, I'm going to teach the Phantom Thieves a lesson. How dare they save the world and all who inhabit it!". I'm sure they could find a way for it to work, but it sounds easier to just play with continuity more and add in mid-game content, especially as the Shadow Kamoshida picture indicates they'll already be doing that to some extent...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, it's been a rather quiet day today, at least on the thread I visit. Anyway...
True, but it'd be interesting to see how that would manifest. Like, would it appear as Shido suddenly loving him, or it would it appear as him being accepted by the thieves? Or is he the person who breaks the allure of the dreams as Shido loving him is just too weird for him to handle?

Granted, I still feel like stealing dreams would make more sense as a mission to stop the Phantom Thieves at the height of their popularity (i.e., before Okumara's palace)... It would be a bit odd to wait until the metaverse has collapsed and then decide "Well, I'm going to teach the Phantom Thieves a lesson. How dare they save the world and all who inhabit it!". I'm sure they could find a way for it to work, but it sounds easier to just play with continuity more and add in mid-game content, especially as the Shadow Kamoshida picture indicates they'll already be doing that to some extent...
I imagine seeing Wakaba and Okumara again would throw Akechi through a major loop, considering he was the one who killed them in the first place. As for how his would manifest, I am not entirely sure, though I am leaning on acceptance from others in general. I think this threat will appear in the secound semester, as filling in the time before that may be difficult considering I doubt you can move an election. I think whatever is causing this is a new entity that just takes the seat Yaldaboath after it dies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know, it's been a rather quiet day today, at least on the thread I visit. Anyway...
Does seem like a down time. Including for me.
I do feel like we've finished the april waves of info, so that might be part of it too.

I know that some people think there won't be much in may because e3 is coming the month after, but I still think we won't necessarily have to wait that long (for smash stuff). We already know we'll get persona info in may, tho.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Does seem like a down time. Including for me.
I do feel like we've finished the april waves of info, so that might be part of it too.

I know that some people think there won't be much in may because e3 is coming the month after, but I still think we won't necessarily have to wait that long (for smash stuff). We already know we'll get persona info in may, tho.
Yeah, there is not much to talk about. I was busy for most of my day though, so the lack of talk was not something that hit me until a while ago.

Anyway, if discussion is lacking, might as well do an art share post.
It just occurred to me, shouldn't Kasumi be on the Best Girl poll? I know it's rather late poll wise and we don't know what her confidant is like(She could pull a Sae on us), but it would be interesting to see what happens.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, there is not much to talk about. I was busy for most of my day though, so the lack of talk was not something that hit me until a while ago.

It just occurred to me, shouldn't Kasumi be on the Best Girl poll? I know it's rather late poll wise and we don't know what her confidant is like(She could pull a Sae on us), but it would be interesting to see what happens.
There's some really good ones in there again :)

She could be on the poll, though I dont think we've had quite a lot to get to know her yet, compared to p5. Altho I'd probably change my vote to her :p
For some reason in p5 there isn't a character that's struck me uniquely quite like Chie did in p4, so i'm really curious to know more about kasumi. I already like her design quite a lot tho. I dont find her to be 'plain' like some people do.

amageish

Smash Master

I imagine seeing Wakaba and Okumara again would throw Akechi through a major loop, considering he was the one who killed them in the first place. As for how his would manifest, I am not entirely sure, though I am leaning on acceptance from others in general. I think this threat will appear in the secound semester, as filling in the time before that may be difficult considering I doubt you can move an election. I think whatever is causing this is a new entity that just takes the seat Yaldaboath after it dies.

True on both fronts... I still feel like Kasumi will join you or at least do something during the Phantom-Thieves-fandom section of the game, as it sounds like it's what would annoy her the most - everyone waiting for the thieves to solve their problems and not taking action themselves.

That said, your Yaldaboath point makes me think of something: Could the villain of the new term be Sophia/Achamoth/Prunikos/whatever-you-want-to-call-her?

In Gnositicism, there are two main gods (or aspects of a singular god): Yaldaboath/Demiurge, who is the creator god, and Achmaoth/Sophia, who is the knowledge/rules goddess. Obviously P5 has you kill Yaldaboath as the embodiment of order, but Achmaoth could still be kicking around and be focused on in the new content. Having her steal dreams would be kinda a stretch, but she is a messiahic figure who tends to perform human-benefiting miracles in most traditions, so it isn't out of her general realm...

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Any specualizations/gueses/hopes on Kazumi's ENG VA?

Also in the off-chance they update Smash's Persona content: Which character could a Kazumi spirit possibly be represented by?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Also in the off-chance they update Smash's Persona content: Which character could a Kazumi spirit possibly be represented by?
I'm not very familiar with English VAs, but maybe Ashly Burch?

And she'd definitely be represented by Lucina.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Personally? I’d say she could be voiced by Kira Buckland. I dunno why, but I can just hear her voice coming from Kasumi’s mouth.

As for her Spirit Battle? To go with her background, I’d say the female Wii Fit Trainer in her red colors.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I think it can wait until October, at least.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This is a weird observation bit Kasumi kind of looks like an older version of the female protagonist of the Yokai watch games. Their both start with K as well. Neat.
97bfb4337a309e5002d03982e95c28a3.jpg.cf.jpg

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
This is a weird observation bit Kasumi kind of looks like an older version of the female protagonist of the Yokai watch games. Their both start with K as well. Neat.
View attachment 213448
Oddly apt given how the Yokai Watch series seems to be taking notes from Persona as of it's fourth installment, what with the protagonists getting to fight alongside their Yokai, and having Yokai related battle transformations now.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

I'd find it hilarious if they got Faye Mata to voice her considering who she and Sora (the Seiyuu) voice

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, now that it has been a bit and the overall Persona hype has died down a bit, how are you guys feeling about Kasumi being a possible echo for Joker? I still feel the same, but I am curious of what the general thought Persona fanbase wise.

Edit:
Fixed some typos. Curse typing on a phone screen.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, now that it has been a bit and the overall Persoba hype has died down, how are you guys feeling about Kasumi being a possible echo for Joker? I still feel the same, but I am curious of what the general thought Persona fanvase wise.
I wouldn't mind. More girls and Persona content are always welcome, and she wouldn't take much time to make.

D

Deleted member

I hope this game makes me care for them, because the original one failed at that.
TBH I dunno if there's any way they could make me sympathize with that character. I would like to see them get some better writing, explanation, and motives, though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
TBH I dunno if there's any way they could make me sympathize with that character. I would like to see them get some better writing, explanation, and motives, though.
I think it is primarily a matter of culture for understanding these things. I think one of the reasons Akechi is so loved in Japan is becasue of them better knowing what his circumstances would be like in the context of Japanese society.

D

Deleted member

I think it is primarily a matter of culture for understanding these things. I think one of the reasons Akechi is so loved in Japan is becasue of them better knowing what his circumstances would be like in the context of Japanese society.
I'll have to take your word for it on that one; I'm not super knowledgeable about Japanese society, ha ha.

For me though, it would be incredibly weird to have him join the Phantom Thieves after he killed Haru's dad. He also just never really did anything that made me sympathize with him at all; he was pretty much a straight up murderer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, now that it has been a bit and the overall Persona hype has died down a bit, how are you guys feeling about Kasumi being a possible echo for Joker? I still feel the same, but I am curious of what the general thought Persona fanbase wise.

Edit:
Fixed some typos. Curse typing on a phone screen.
I'd be fine with her (even if I do prefer Ann to get in first). Though I still don't think she'd get in until the pass is completed, at least.

As you all probably know, I'm much more of a Futaba guy than anything, but I still thought this art was really cool nonetheless. :)
>Sheik in that outfit
Noice.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Just general apathy if Jane gets in ill still play as joker. If the echo costs money I probably won't get it(nothing against her I would just never use it when jokers there) I don't even think its gonna happen but if you want her I'm rooting for ya.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, I saw this and laughed...
But then it made me think, you know what is a good way to get some of that screen time and development so many people want with Haru? Why, having her interact and confront her fathers killer on more personal level, that's what. Of course, I imagine Futaba would be included in that as well, but you know what I mean. It could give Akechi's role in the story more weight after Shido is taken care of.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Who's responsible for the thread title? It's seriously overdue for a change.

Top Bottom