• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Remember when we were discussing the possibility of Nintendo costumes if there ever was a Switch version? Well I found some more art of such a topic, and some of the choices are definitively interesting.

I feel that most of these fit decently well, though Ann being the Wii Fit Trainer is a little off to me. I can't believe I never though of Haru being in a FE costume, considering the fact that she wields an axe.
It kinda bothers me no one seems to depict what Akechi would wear in this scenario. Sure he is the traitor, but he still gets costumes when he is a party member.
Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/quahn06/status/1117775780287639552

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remember when we were discussing the possibility of Nintendo costumes if there ever was a Switch version? Well I found some more art of such a topic, and some of the choices are definitively interesting.

I feel that most of these fit decently well, though Ann being the Wii Fit Trainer is a little off to me. I can't believe I never though of Haru being in a FE costume, considering the fact that she wields an axe.
It kinda bothers me no one seems to depict what Akechi would wear in this scenario. Sure he is the traitor, but he still gets costumes when he is a party member.
Source:
I'd give Joker a Roy cosplay, purely because of voice actor jokes.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

Source:
My woman.... in
Samus' outfit?! Yes pls

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Futaba being anything other than inkling is blapsphemy
I will admit that it is not the obvious choice, but the Diddy Kong costume still fits. The fact that she is pretty much wearing Nintendo merch makes it even better, considering how much of a nerd she is.
By that same logic we should put Yusuke in a Chrom outfit, as they have matching English and Japanese voice actors.
My woman.... in
Samus' outfit?! Yes pls
There is no major Nintendo character that fits more, especially if they do a one per franchise rule.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Source:
Oof, my lady's got the dullest outfit. At least she's striking a fancy pose.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Haru having an Axe Falchion is just making me sad we don't have Hector

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I "like" how they have a random brickprint backdrop lol. Also, like, massive P5 spoilers.
I mean, I know that Smash is pretty carefree with spoilers (even with some third parties), but I don't think they would have major spoilers for Persona 5, aka "We will DMCA your ass if you stream past this date" (this is probably gone now) even if several of the spoilers have become memes or fall under "It Was His Sled" territory (this is a 2.5 year old game, after all)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, I know that Smash is pretty carefree with spoilers (even with some third parties), but I don't think they would have major spoilers for Persona 5, aka "We will DMCA your *** if you stream past this date" (this is probably gone now) even if several of the spoilers have become memes or fall under "It Was His Sled" territory (this is a 2.5 year old game, after all)
That DMCA thing has been gone for a long time. Smash also tends to not spoil things that are too new, even if they are rather meme worthy.

amageish

Smash Master
What did they say? I don't feel like backtracking god knows how many pages just to see the explanations.
That is fair! They found the sources for the images used.

anyway the 'mementos depths' picture in the background is literally just this but flipped horizontally

as a result, the hand placement is inaccurate to the actual game
because i was curious, that 'model' of joker in the leak is also taken from this catherine gameplay video

View attachment 208794View attachment 208795

like it's legit just the catherine building blocks behind him
Looks pretty deconfirmed to me. Plus, we do know what Joker's standing posture will be in Smash from the screenshot of his back in the last Direct. He has his dagger up and ready to fight, while this model is just... staring off into space. Doesn't look very prepared to go up against the best of the best.

That DMCA thing has been gone for a long time. Smash also tends to not spoil things that are too new, even if they are rather meme worthy.
Exactly. Like, I could see them spoiling the all the members of the Phantom Thieves, given how they were willing to do that in other crossovers, but I doubt they'd be like "Hey! Here's a late-game boss, in the background of the stage, doing nothing!"

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Are the PT members beyond the original four (plus Yusuke for some reason) that spoilerific? I mean they DID reveal all the party members in promotional material, unless they spoil how and why they join in which case they can easily omit those in spinoff/crossover works. Only one I can see being spoilerific is Akechi, even if he's hardly considered part of the PTs in marketing material.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mainly associate Roy's VA with his English one and that could be... amusing.
But if we got that far, I would prefer if Yusuke had a Chrom costume. In regards to the previous image... Futaba not being an Inkling is a missed opportunity.

Haru having an Axe Falchion is just making me sad we don't have Hector
You know, Axe Falchion there reminds me a lot of Armads.

No. I knew the model had to be from Catherine in some way because Joker looks at the screen, but I know that was brought up anyway.
And I highly, HIGHLY doubt that we would get an area from the literal endgame of P5. If Atlus didn't want streamers to go past a certain date in P5, I highly doubt they would've OK'd putting in the final dungeon as a stage. We are getting Mementos, but not like this.
I also find the P5 UI in the stage to be... a bit ambitious. It would be cool, but a bit too ambitious for a stage. And I doubt that for Dual Smash, they would have only FD be the stage. I play online extremely often and I see Battlefield as much as FD.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
With how the wait has been, it looks like people are getting even more desperate (and sloppy)
Sounds like someone should make intentionally desperate faux leaks. Get on 4chan with "I ama leaker and this is legit" and post a picture of Smash ultimate with a low quality jpeg of Joker artwork from another game into a stage. I would if I had the means to do so.

*EDIT* Also, I suppose the low quality jpeg thing was literally what was done with this newest Leak, but I'm sure you know how I mean, do that but don't look like you're trying.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Going by my hope of there being a direct this week to commemorate the Easter holiday: What would be the latest day/time for them to announce a direct?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Going by my hope of there being a direct this week to commemorate the Easter holiday: What would be the latest day/time for them to announce a direct?
directs are always announced at 2PM UTC on the dot and on monday, tuesday or wednesday

if it's not tomorrow it's not happening this week

D

Deleted member

This more recent leak (the one about 3.0.0 dropping on the 19th) is no more credible than the last several ones, but it's gaining steam. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't take too long with the one after this; they have to see how much harder its getting to contain people's excitement at this point.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
directs are always announced at 2PM UTC on the dot and on monday, tuesday or wednesday

if it's not tomorrow it's not happening this week
Thursday has been a good day for directs, so we could get an announcement for it tomorow.
But yeah otherwise it's most likely the concert week.
This more recent leak (the one about 3.0.0 dropping on the 19th) is no more credible than the last several ones, but it's gaining steam. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't take too long with the one after this; they have to see how much harder its getting to contain people's excitement at this point.
I suppose that would make sense for a direct on thursday too. But it can easily just be people's constantly making up wahtever dates could work.

At this point I might be glad if it's on the concert week, if people can stop desperately clinging to made up stuff. And also, it gives more weight to jane being in the game :)

Nintendo could've done a better job at sharing info about all of it, not just saying in april. But obviously the fans are the ones invested, and nintendo seems fine sticking with whatever plan they have.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Thursday has been a good day for directs, so we could get an announcement for it tomorow.
it's more that this week doesn't make all that much sense at this point; the only thing i can think of is that it'd be a week before joker's assumed release on the 25th (coinciding with a bunch of other nintendo updates that day), but if Jane is in, it's only splitting their full reveal in half for little purpose when an opportunity to reveal everything at once is so close.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
it's more that this week doesn't make all that much sense at this point; the only thing i can think of is that it'd be a week before joker's assumed release on the 25th (coinciding with a bunch of other nintendo updates that day), but if Jane is in, it's only splitting their full reveal in half for little purpose when an opportunity to reveal everything at once is so close.
It doesnt need to be a special date for nintendo to give some information. They could leave out information that isn't revealed yet, etc. But if they want to detail it all then yes it makes the most sense to have it after the 24th. Especially knowing what we know ;)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It doesnt need to be a special date for nintendo to give some information. They could leave out information that isn't revealed yet, etc. But if they want to detail it all then yes it makes the most sense to have it after the 24th. Especially knowing what we know ;)
they can leave her reveal to atlus--indeed if they want it to be an out-of-nowhere surprise, it'd be sensible to detail joker this week, set his release for the 25th, then act as if nothing's happening until atlus drops the bomb--but then that leaves the complication of sharing her announcement in the west, because PSL is a japan-only broadcast. as directs have shown, live reveals get more people talking at once; giving her a big bombastic reveal at PSL but just dropping her in a tweet in the west would seem an odd choice when you can just get all regions together at once through a direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
they can leave her reveal to atlus--indeed if they want it to be an out-of-nowhere surprise, it'd be sensible to detail joker this week, set his release for the 25th, then act as if nothing's happening until atlus drops the bomb--but then that leaves the complication of sharing her announcement in the west, because PSL is a japan-only broadcast. as directs have shown, live reveals get more people talking at once; giving her a big bombastic reveal at PSL but just dropping her in a tweet in the west would seem an odd choice when you can just get all regions together at once through a direct.
I think you're right and that's what makes the most sense. I just think they could do it in other ways too :p
Not as good, because let's say they'd have a bit more than just a text tweet it still wouldn't have as much impact.

Looking forward to the big moment anyway :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, this is the only post I'll do on here today, so I'll try to make it count.

14 days left, it's fine, just a couple weeks left until we presumably get a release in that timeframe.

In the meantime though...

Aliens Vs. Predator on Plug-and-Play! A new mainline Metal Slug! Hearing that made my whole day.

But yeah otherwise it's most likely the concert week.

I suppose that would make sense for a direct on thursday too. But it can easily just be people's constantly making up wahtever dates could work.

At this point I might be glad if it's on the concert week, if people can stop desperately clinging to made up stuff. And also, it gives more weight to jane being in the game :)

Nintendo could've done a better job at sharing info about all of it, not just saying in april. But obviously the fans are the ones invested, and nintendo seems fine sticking with whatever plan they have.
I think Nintendo assumes that the fans are doing things other than hang in forums to pass the time. I mean seriously, time flies by a lot faster when I'm not on here.

That being said, fake leakers and such will continue to move the goalpost until someone's guess eventually ends up being correct, just so they can go "called it!".

So anyway, it's either next week or the absolute last day of this month. Not expecting to be correct.

amageish

Smash Master
Given how ATLUS is historically not a fan of announcing localizations in advance and tend to pretend that we westerners cannot access Japanese news (ex/ how their English "reveal trailer" for Persona Q2 was the game's opening we had already seen in full for months due to the Japanese game being out), I'd be kind of surprised if they did a instantly-worldwide-applicable announcement in their concert.

Though that does also raise a question for Jane--are they actually going to localize the P5R trailer right away? Will she have an English VA set-up in time for Smash, or will she randomly speak Japanese while her male counterpart speaks English?

That said, I predict we'll at least get a news alert in Smash reminding people to back-up their replays this week. No idea if that'll be accompanied by a gameplay trailer or not...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Given how ATLUS is historically not a fan of announcing localizations in advance and tend to pretend that we westerners cannot access Japanese news (ex/ how their English "reveal trailer" for Persona Q2 was the game's opening we had already seen in full for months due to the Japanese game being out), I'd be kind of surprised if they did a instantly-worldwide-applicable announcement in their concert.

Though that does also raise a question for Jane--are they actually going to localize the P5R trailer right away? Will she have an English VA set-up in time for Smash, or will she randomly speak Japanese while her male counterpart speaks English?

That said, I predict we'll at least get a news alert in Smash reminding people to back-up their replays this week. No idea if that'll be accompanied by a gameplay trailer or not...
it is worth noting that following P5's success, atlus wants to place a greater emphasis on fast localisation; putting jane into smash, a game with global popularity, seems likely to be the first step in this direction

amageish

Smash Master

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
So this is just to humor the one 4chan """leak""" making the rounds around the net - the one that says that Joker and 3.0 will be due on the 19th.

Assuming that leak is true, then remember that the poster is supposedly Japanese promo material or some such. This would imply that the date is the 19th/Friday for them and not for the West; it'd be the 18th/Thursday for the Americas etc. This is important since Thursdays (again, in the West) are one of the only other days Nintendo would ever do a Direct for Smash, so this'd entail that we get an announcement tomorrow for it, and in theory this would mean that the patch would be an immediate post-Direct launch.

Obviously, this adds on one more problem to the leak - considering how big 3.0 is, this would probably make any replay data incompatible and we'd need a roughly 5-day plus buffer window assuming it follows the same thing 2.0 did last January. We wouldn't have that window here, which makes it suspect; of course, there's the issue issues with the leak like the sketchy image and using Mementos Depths - a late-game area that blatantly shows the final boss from a game whose parent company doesn't like spoilers - as Joker's stage is very off-putting.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So this is just to humor the one 4chan """leak""" making the rounds around the net - the one that says that Joker and 3.0 will be due on the 19th.

Assuming that leak is true, then remember that the poster is supposedly Japanese promo material or some such. This would imply that the date is the 19th/Friday for them and not for the West; it'd be the 18th/Thursday for the Americas etc. This is important since Thursdays (again, in the West) are one of the only other days Nintendo would ever do a Direct for Smash, so this'd entail that we get an announcement tomorrow for it, and in theory this would mean that the patch would be an immediate post-Direct launch.

Obviously, this adds on one more problem to the leak - considering how big 3.0 is, this would probably make any replay data incompatible and we'd need a roughly 5-day plus buffer window assuming it follows the same thing 2.0 did last January. We wouldn't have that window here, which makes it suspect; of course, there's the issue issues with the leak like the sketchy image and using Mementos Depths - a late-game area that blatantly shows the final boss from a game whose parent company doesn't like spoilers - as Joker's stage is very off-putting.
see my quoted posts above - there's not even any humouring it, it's just flat out fake

Top Bottom