• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
The more aggravating the wait is: The more part of me wishes that Jane was possibly never linked to Joker's Smash inclusion. What was so wrong about just featuring Joker as just himself?

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
What was so wrong about just featuring Joker as just himself?
PR stunt. Publicity. Can't be helped.

In any case, rest a bit easier knowing that the month ends in 14 days.

EDIT:

1555453170315.png

So the copyrights for the Persona concert just came out, and Nintendo isn't part of it. Ergo, we aren't getting Smash in it, so the ball for his reveal is still on Nintendo's court for the most part.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The more aggravating the wait is: The more part of me wishes that Jane was possibly never linked to Joker's Smash inclusion. What was so wrong about just featuring Joker as just himself?
Jane is a great addition to smash. I like persona and I'd enjoy playing with a female persona user.
It's also pretty good promotion because you still have joker in there, but with a bonus of something upcoming.

You dont even know if it would've made a difference to the timing since for all we know nintendo wanted as much time as they could to perfect the character. And even if it would affect the timing a little it's not really a big deal.

If it wasn't that more than half of your posts (if not a lot more) are around complaining about something you dont even know is the case, at a time where lots of people are looking to enjoy what atlus and nintendo have cooked up for us, I wouldn't be putting you in my ignore list. But it's just too repetitive, I dont enjoy that. see you in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Damn dude you've never made this post before
I think I have if what many people's frustrsted reactions to me are any indication.

PR stunt. Publicity. Can't be helped.

In any case, rest a bit easier knowing that the month ends in 14 days.

EDIT:

So the copyrights for the Persona concert just came out, and Nintendo isn't part of it. Ergo, we aren't getting Smash in it, so the ball for his reveal is still on Nintendo's court for the most part.
Isnt Joker being in Smash at all already good enough PR/publicity? I mean you dont see other third parties (besides Snake) snesking in stuff for their upcoming works.

I never expected Nintendo to actually be a part of the concert. What people were likely assuming is that since they will reveal more stuff about Jane here, if she is an alt for Joker; then Atlus wants to be the first to show her...ignoring that only Japan gets to see the concert whereas Nintendo operates on a global scale.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mean that’s a little extreme when we’ll have Joker soon enough anyway. I mean, 2 weeks to do something cool like add in the Jane alt seems like an ideal reason to wait for content to me. Especially when we were never expressly given a date and as long as Joker releases in April, they never lied to us.

Not to mention, it might be entirely possible that they needed the extra time to iron things out with Joker too. It might have been ideal for Sakurai to reveal him at the same time as the Atlus bigger celebrations for developmental purposes.

D

Deleted member

So with that 3.0 leak that Gentlepanda seems to have proven fake likely being, well, fake, I still want to ask about the possibility of some of the stuff the leak mentioned actually coming to fruition. Because those were some darn good ideas for Stage Builder and the Online.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So with that 3.0 leak that Gentlepanda seems to have proven fake likely being, well, fake, I still want to ask about the possibility of some of the stuff the leak mentioned actually coming to fruition. Because those were some darn good ideas for Stage Builder and the Online.
unfortunately, we can only speculate as much as the leak's creator did. the lack of a constant touchscreen for stage builder (e.g. when docked) makes me think we'll get something closer to brawl, particularly since brawl's was almost universally more well-received in the end.

online changes like 'duel smash' are a stab in the dark. i'd like to think they're taking the criticism of online on board, but i'm a lot more cynical about that one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean that’s a little extreme when we’ll have Joker soon enough anyway. I mean, 2 weeks to do something cool like add in the Jane alt seems like an ideal reason to wait for content to me. Especially when we were never expressly given a date and as long as Joker releases in April, they never lied to us.

Not to mention, it might be entirely possible that they needed the extra time to iron things out with Joker too. It might have been ideal for Sakurai to reveal him at the same time as the Atlus bigger celebrations for developmental purposes.
It saddens me a bit if there's some people that wouldn't be able to wait 2 weeks for some awesome bonus content that lots of people will enjoy for a long time.

Anything's still possible, we still dont know for sure when it's all gonna come out, but with leaks it's better to treat them as most likely fake unless something backs them up. Anything's possible for what they couldve added to the new modes, but like a lot of leaks it can easily just be stories. I'm just glad the creator mode is coming back, it can add a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member

unfortunately, we can only speculate as much as the leak's creator did. the lack of a constant touchscreen for stage builder (e.g. when docked) makes me think we'll get something closer to brawl, particularly since brawl's was almost universally more well-received in the end.

online changes like 'duel smash' are a stab in the dark. i'd like to think they're taking the criticism of online on board, but i'm a lot more cynical about that one.
True. It pays to keep an open mind on where this stuff could go after all.

amageish

Smash Master
So, the Persona Shopping Network will be airing this Friday... Some people think something will happen there, but it's just to show off the merch that will be sold at the concert.

Because another character would make some fans happy? Because non-veteran DLC characters last game usually had two unique costumes and a female Joker from an upcoming game would be the most logical variant costume?

It was decent speculation posed as a leak; that is for sure...

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Just remembered this:

1555455249632.png

Notice Yoshi surrounded by characters wearing Bunny Hoods, and the fact that next Sunday is Easter.

I have no idea where I'm going with this.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Apparently the guys from the Game Awards are doing a livestream from Gamescom showcasing announcements from big studios and indies this friday.

Maybe there...?

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Your suggesting that 3.0 would be around Easter. That's where you were going.
Was also gonna say something about how this image makes a lot more sense in hindsight, since it implied we'd get Joker around Easter from the moment the Feb. Direct ended. That said, this also hinges on announcements being made either this week or next.

D

Deleted member

We will see how things go.

At the moment, I have Cuphead on Switch and Kingdom Hearts to kill some time.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
I think I have if what many people's frustrated reactions to me are any indication.
Mate, did you miss the part a lot of people on this forum gave you **** for crazy theories about Altus holding Joker back and milking the hell out of Persona as if it were a war crime? Like - I know most people here, myself included, come across as being impatient, but you really take the cake out of all of us, and not in a good way.

Isnt Joker being in Smash at all already good enough PR/publicity? I mean you dont see other third parties (besides Snake) snesking in stuff for their upcoming works.
Consider it a unique wrinkle since Joker's literally the youngest 3rd party character in the roster and 2nd overall behind Incineroar. This gets people excited for upcoming works, and if you don't want to look at it that way, then just think of this as the Smash team ensuring the character is going through a few more quality checks to make sure nothing goes wrong with him.

EDIT: In today's episode of "holy christ nintendo stop leaking your own stuff", the Joker render from Best Buy is on the European Nintendo website. Despite nobody from Nintendo saying **** about him. At all.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...os-Ultimate-1395713.html#Downloadable_content

https://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/m..._SuperSmashBrosUltimate_DLC_Joker_CMM_big.jpg

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Looking cool, Joker!
I didn't know they leaked an even higher res picture. Ovaltine linked one with very high detail:
So, Nintendo of Europe is the next in line to do an oopsie, even if only a small one! This time, our leaky faucets at Nintendo have leaked Joker's full HD render!

We should definitely be getting a full reveal VERY soon. Also, his render looks freaking AMAZING.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, with the Joker render leaking twice so far, I am shocked that Jane hasn't had her render leaked.

D

Deleted member

This is relevant:

I never saw this render coming!
Is this the final Calling Card? Is he dropping soon?
All I can say is, looking cool Joker!

EDIT:
You know, with the Joker render leaking twice so far, I am shocked that Jane hasn't had her render leaked.
It might be possible that Jane isn't a FeMC at all, or she was planned but scrapped in Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
"Looking VERY cool, Joker!"

Yeah this is way better than the Best Buy leak. This also gives me some hope that a reveal (or better a release) is imminent, hopefully this week.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It might be possible that Jane isn't a FeMC at all, or she was planned but scrapped in Ultimate.
The datamine actually made her being a FeMC less likely when you account the Alph theory and I find her being scrapped rather unlikely, considering the circumstance.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This was most likely a blunder on nintendo's part but for advertising the fighter's pass.
Doubt they shared more than that for the promotion.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
This may sound like a repeat of what happened on April Fool's, but there is absolutely no way we aren't getting news about Joker soon if Nintendo themselves did this (likely another accident come now guys why).

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
"Looking VERY cool, Joker!"

Yeah this is way better than the Best Buy leak. This also gives me some hope that a reveal (or better a release) is imminent, hopefully this week.
My hope is that if there IS an alt, they reveal Joker as he is this week then next week they reveal her after the concert.

Unless she really WAS scrapped and if so: Why?

This was most likely a blunder on nintendo's part but for advertising the fighter's pass.
Doubt they shared more than that for the promotion.
Promotional materials usually just use the default render in this case the Joker we know already. Only way to see a possible Jane render is from a direct/the game itself.

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I will give Smash all the props if one of Joker's grabs involves shanking a dude. Because that is what you DO when you grab someone and you have a knife

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I will give Smash all the props if one of Joker's grabs involves shanking a dude. Because that is what you DO when you grab someone and you have a knife
Maybe for his pummel.
The dagger looks cool, and the fact that his render has it makes me think it'll be in a lot of his attacks. Not that we didn't expect it, along with some persona smashes maybe, but it's cool seeing it featured.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Promotional materials usually just use the default render in this case the Joker we know already. Only way to see a possible Jane render is from a direct/the game itself.
lol that's horse**** dude Alph and all the female alts of every character are available in press kits and on the website.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What's the Alph Theory
He just meant that it's not a pure female alt, else jane would be a different costume number. It's like alph, where it's the last 4 costumes, instead of alternating between one and the other when you select.

Top Bottom