• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

True, but "shadowdropping" also includes a Direct that ends with "AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!". While it still may happen, I feel like it would be a bit rude as it risks ruining replays for people with auto-update enabled.
Ah, that makes sense. I can see Nintendo releasing Joker a day or two, maybe a week at most, after the Direct. I would be fine with that, especially since we would have a trailer to look on while we wait.

D

Deleted member

I apologize if I already posted this video here, since I can’t remember if I did.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Happy second birthday, P5! I think! At least it's the second birthday of GameStop messing up my preorder and then un-messing it up, which is why I own the game both physically and digitally...

And I'll be getting it on Switch, too...

D

Deleted member

Happy second birthday, P5! I think! At least it's the second birthday of GameStop messing up my preorder and then un-messing it up, which is why I own the game both physically and digitally...

I will have to see when I could finally pick it.

Hopefully, I enjoy it as much as many people here when I start it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I imagine certain Kirby beings would make some pretty good Personas.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So question, guys, one I think I’ve asked before on this thread:

Do you guys think some the Spirit Battles will be updated so that Joker is included? Or will things stay as they were? I mean, sure, they weren’t updated when Piranha Plant released (Besides, IDK which ones PP would fit in), but I think there are a few that can be better represented by Joker.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Do you guys think some the Spirit Battles will be updated so that Joker is included? Or will things stay as they were? I mean, sure, they weren’t updated when Piranha Plant released (Besides, IDK which ones PP would fit in), but I think there are a few that can be better represented by Joker.
No, just like how DLC characters weren't included in Smash 4 events.

:ultpiranha: also fits super well into :ultgreninja:'s Classic Mode, but they didn't add them to it.

At best, he can be stand-in for a potential Persona Spirit, like Goro.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

My answer to that was that I dont ****ing know XD
But I really want to find out because it'll be a precedent for ultimate's dlc characters that we could finally know about.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, now it's 26 days until the release window closes, let's hang in there.

And here I thought I had issues with double-dipping.

amageish

Smash Master
My answer to that was that I dont ****ing know XD
But I really want to find out because it'll be a precedent for ultimate's dlc characters that we could finally know about.
Yeah, Joker being first is awesome, though it is kind of painful not knowing how extensive the DLC will be as Joker establishes the precedent....

Also, got a new interview with Naoto Hiraoka, ATLUS director, who made a comment about Smash:

"This time, Joker will participate in Super Smash Bros. mainly because of the invitation from Sora Ltd.’s Masahiro Sakurai. That is what led to this collaboration. Because Mr. Sakurai likes Persona 5 very much, and I personally like Super Smash Bros. a lot, my first thought when I received the invitation was “Great!” I was very happy to establish a relationship for this collaboration."

So, Sakurai asked ATLUS, not vice-versa.

D

Deleted member

We'll know before that. The 3.0.0 update is supposed to be fairly big, so they'll definitely talk about it prior and that's presumably when Joker is dropping too. I think we'll find out a week before the end of April at the latest; if they actually take till the end. If it's going to drop on the 9th or sometime in the middle of April, then next week is prime for a trailer (either a Monday direct for the 9th release, or a Direct on Friday for a drop the following week).

If not, then we'll be getting him that final week. Nintendo would have alerted people already if they were going to miss the release window (like they did with Metroid); they're not going to hide it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We'll know before that. The 3.0.0 update is supposed to be fairly big, so they'll definitely talk about it prior and that's presumably when Joker is dropping too. I think we'll find out a week before the end of April at the latest; if they actually take till the end. If it's going to drop on the 9th of sometime in the middle of April, then next week is prime for a trailer (either a Monday direct for the 9th release, or a Direct on Friday for a drop the following week).

If not, then we'll be getting him that final week. Nintendo would have alerted people already if they were going to miss the release window (like they did with Metroid); they're not going to hide it.
Basically they had said "before the end of April", so it'd be a case of exact words. Considering that they didn't even give out a date, it's a bit odd that they somehow can't get into specifics.

Anyway, the only reason I'm counting down is that we still don't know when Joker's coming, so might as well do that in the meantime. I'll cut down the number of days left once details are revealed.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Look...I wanted to play it immediately. I had the special edition preordered from the GameStop behind my work at the time the day the Take Your Heart edition was announced. They shut that GameStop down without warning the day before and apparently transferred all preorders to another one and never told anyone and said they had been understocked so I wouldn't be getting it for a week. I couldn't wait a week!

D

Deleted member

Basically they had said "before the end of April", so it'd be a case of exact words. Considering that they didn't even give out a date, it's a bit odd that they somehow can't get into specifics.

Anyway, the only reason I'm counting down is that we still don't know when Joker's coming, so might as well do that in the meantime.
True, I just know that some people are getting a bit nervous thinking he's been delayed.

I don't think they'd string us along and by now, they would know whether they'd miss the deadline or not so they would have told us. I kind of figured as soon as they said 'Before the End of April' that it meant like the very last week anyway, though the anticipation is getting harder to bare with lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Look...I wanted to play it immediately. I had the special edition preordered from the GameStop behind my work at the time the day the Take Your Heart edition was announced. They shut that GameStop down without warning the day before and apparently transferred all preorders to another one and never told anyone and said they had been understocked so I wouldn't be getting it for a week. I couldn't wait a week!
Settle down, I understand.

Probably a good thing I didn't get to grab a copy at this point, if I knew there was a special edition (as ATLUS are wont to do), I would have blanked. :p

True, I just know that some people are getting a bit nervous thinking he's been delayed.

I don't think they'd string us along and by now, they would know whether they'd miss the deadline or not so they would have told us. I kind of figured as soon as they said 'Before the End of April' that it meant like the very last week anyway, though the anticipation is getting harder to bare with lol.
I just wish the news would come on my week off from work (which is next week), and I got a medical check-up on top of that, so that's not making the wait easier for me. At least I'll try to post less on here.

Last edited:

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
If it helps, most major Nintendo Directs tend to happen within the first half of the month according to Wikipedia, so there's that. We're still getting closer each and every day - just gotta hold out.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, seeing art of smash characters in modern clothing makes me wonder how they would translate into Persona characters. Doubt that would happen unless Atlus and Nintendo made a Persona crossover that used Nintendo characters as the party and NPC's(Or there is some very strange P5S exclusive stuff), but it is fun to think about.
In case you are curious, here is the artists work that inspired this thought process. They appear to be eagerly waiting for Joker as well.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, seeing art of smash characters in modern clothing makes me wonder how they would translate into Persona characters. Doubt that would happen unless Atlus and Nintendo made a Persona crossover that used Nintendo characters as the party and NPC's(Or there is some very strange P5S exclusive stuff), but it is fun to think about.
In case you are curious, here is the artists work that inspired this thought process. They appear to be eagerly waiting for Joker as well.
Neato, though I have to take issue with Isabelle taking a step backwards in regards to anthropomorphism.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Addendum to my original post about Directs mainly being in the first half of a month, first day of Persona 5 is next week. Granted, the recent patch makes me feel like Joker isn't dropping, but maybe news would be nice.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Addendum to my original post about Directs mainly being in the first half of a month, first day of Persona 5 is next week. Granted, the recent patch makes me feel like Joker isn't dropping, but maybe news would be nice.
That'd be cool, even better if he actually was released then. I think if there's nothing next week, we're definitely gonna have to wait until the concert.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Kinda sucks that I can't go back and find Joker's Perimeters because the guy who posted them deleted his twitter account (then again, I'm pretty sure that guy is gonna be Persona non Grata... heh, Persona). Be nice to have those stats on hand to use as a comparison once Joker comes out for real

Last edited:

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
been a while since I've been on this thread

sometimes I remember Joker is in smash and I just think "wow" y'know man

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Never heard a bigger mood in my goddamn life.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman

Haven't been this hyped for a fighter since Phoenix Wright in Utimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Though in this case: I think Joker being in Smash is a bigger surprise due to how it felt like the Persona series would just be stuck in the "anime fighter" category if Joker were to ever have a fighting game appearance. Phoenix Wright was already part of Capcom so it was only the matter of "when" to some extent.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Haven't been this hyped for a fighter since Phoenix Wright in Utimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2coFsif.jpg.png

still holding out hope that phoenix will come home with ultimate's dlc

D

Deleted member

I definitely do. Sometimes when I listen to Lifelight, I just think that, "Wow. Joker is on the same level as characters like Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and more. He is going to be a part of the ultimate fight!!" and I get hyped once more!
It's still a dream come true and I don't think I will realize it until I can finally see him on the CSS and actually play him.

View attachment 204814

still holding out hope that phoenix will come home with ultimate's dlc
As a Wright main in UMvC3 (who is, BTW, the character I have the most fun with in any fighting game), I would love to see him in Smash Ultimate. I can imagine him collecting evidence to use against his opponents and have all sorts of wacky animations and attacks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Presumably 25 days left until we can presumably move on to that damned second pass character.

Haven't been this hyped for a fighter since Phoenix Wright in Utimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Though in this case: I think Joker being in Smash is a bigger surprise due to how it felt like the Persona series would just be stuck in the "anime fighter" category if Joker were to ever have a fighting game appearance. Phoenix Wright was already part of Capcom so it was only the matter of "when" to some extent.
I can understand that. None of Arc Sys' characters seem like they're in a hurry to get in Smash any time soon, and even then we'd first get the least interesting of their crazy fighters, never mind the opportunity of getting Kunio. Didn't help that the Persona fighting games were made by them.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
With Joker confirmed, my new most-wanted is Phoenix Wright, with my new pipe dream most-wanted being 2B. Glad others understand.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
With Joker confirmed, my new most-wanted is Phoenix Wright, with my new pipe dream most-wanted being 2B. Glad others understand.
Same here!
I think he has a chance, because there is not a single Ace Attorney spirit in the game, yet there are 3rd party spirits from much smaller games.
Not that spirits deconfrims characters, but still there has to be a reason Sakurai didn't put anything from Ace Attorney in the game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same here!
I think he has a chance, because there is not a single Ace Attorney spirit in the game, yet there are 3rd party spirits from much smaller games.
Not that spirits deconfrims characters, but still there has to be a reason Sakurai didn't put anything from Ace Attorney in the game.
We have Mega Man, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter content from Capcom side, all of them being bigger franchises than Ace Attorney.

That's likely why it didn't get anything.

D

Deleted member

I'd honestly like to see more NIntendo characters. Joker is awesome, but there's a lot that can still be pulled from NIntendo's own properties without it being considered 'scraping the bottom of the barrel'. At this point though, because Joker got in, people are thinking that all the rest are going to be ridiculously random 3rd party characters to get in.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Sakurai confirmed that Joker will be coming soon.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted picks are still Crash Bandicoot and Eight (although the latter can easily be one of Erdrick’s alts, which I don’t mind).

That being said, I will kindly welcome any other character too.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai confirmed that Joker will be coming soon.
Uh huh. So does the end of April. This tells us nothing lol.

EDIT: I guess those people who were scared it may be delayed can be consoled by this, but for the rest of us who knew it wouldn't delayed, this means nothing lol. 'Soon' is relative. To me, 'Avengers: Endgame' is coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Let's put this in perspective using Mewtwo:
  • It took 9 days from when Sakurai said it was coming "soon" to its trailer.
  • It was a 24 day wait total from when he said "soon" to Mewtwo's initial release for Club Nintendo members.
A direct translation means we get a Joker trailer in a week and release near the actual end of the month. Depends really, "soon" is relative after all as Kuja said above.

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
  • It was a 24 day wait total from when he said "soon" to Mewtwo's initial release for Club Nintendo members.
A direct translation means we get a Joker trailer in a week and release near the actual end of the month. Depends really, "soon" is relative after all as Kuja said above.
i wouldn't put that much thought into it, he probably just said soon because he knows he's releasing soon, i doubt he thought in his head (4 years ago when i i implemented mewtwo i said soon x amount of days before his release, now i will say soon x amount of days before release again)

D

Deleted member

I'd love for at least a trailer to drop next week; the 9th would be good timing (due to Persona 5 reasons), but they'd have to give only 1 day's warning with an announcement for a mini direct on the 8th otherwise nobody would know. Unless they just...drop a trailer and nothing else, I guess.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind waiting by the end of the month for Joker to come out (especially if there's tie-ins to P5R). Just a trailer of seeing his gameplay will be more than enough to keep my patient for the rest of the month. Hopefully this means there's a direct next week.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really want a release by the 17th. Alternatively they could delay Easter. I just want to play as Joker over break.

Top Bottom