• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

amageish

Smash Master
Well, I'm glad we're not getting a delay at least, even if "soon" is vague.

I don't mind waiting by the end of the month for Joker to come out (especially if there's tie-ins to P5R). Just a trailer of seeing his gameplay will be more than enough to keep my patient for the rest of the month. Hopefully this means there's a direct next week.
Same! I also really want one final farewell Direct for Reggie, so next week would be lovely.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've been replaying Persona 5 in anticipation for this DLC because i just want to play as Joker already. This game is shorter than I remember it being.

I'm just now realizing why Haru is so forgettable, it's because she exists purely to be a red herring for the traitor. I'm not sure if that's the intention but it came across that way to me upon replaying this part of the game.

D

Deleted member

I've been replaying Persona 5 in anticipation for this DLC because i just want to play as Joker already. This game is shorter than I remember it being.

I'm just now realizing why Haru is so forgettable, it's because she exists purely to be a red herring for the traitor. I'm not sure if that's the intention but it came across that way to me upon replaying this part of the game.
You may just be enjoying it more. I thought I was blitzing through my second playthrough, but after beating it a second time, it turns out it was the same exact length of time lol.

As for Haru, I thought the same thing; that she was in there to be a red herring. Either her or Morgana being tired of being 'looked over', but I sincerely doubted that. Adding her to the team so late also makes her a bit forgettable. I mean, I know you get her for 2 palaces, but it feels like they're both right on top of one another and she just hasn't had the same amount of personal buildup with the team, so she's isn't as memorable.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I don't think her lack of exposure is because of being a red herring. I think it's more because she plays the role of the "inside man" within her father's palace, which naturally becomes useless when said palace is finished. And I will say, while they did suspect her of being the black mask before they interacted with her, that got thrown out the window the moment they began talking. I don't think that plays much a factor in her lack of importance.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uh huh. So does the end of April. This tells us nothing lol.

EDIT: I guess those people who were scared it may be delayed can be consoled by this, but for the rest of us who knew it wouldn't delayed, this means nothing lol. 'Soon' is relative. To me, 'Avengers: Endgame' is coming soon.
Well, I'm glad we're not getting a delay at least, even if "soon" is vague.

Same! I also really want one final farewell Direct for Reggie, so next week would be lovely.
"Soon" reminds me of 4Chan's usage of the word when anticipating things (at least in /m/).

Still though, that's good to hear. With any luck it might coincidentally coincide with Reggie's retirement. And I wouldn't need to miss it on my vacation week!

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people saying they're replaying P5 in excitement of Joker debuting. T'would be a shame if P5R ALSO dropped around the same time as Joker, making them start over on the new game.

amageish

Smash Master
A lot of people saying they're replaying P5 in excitement of Joker debuting. T'would be a shame if P5R ALSO dropped around the same time as Joker, making them start over on the new game.
Uh. I could see a port for the Switch dropping around Joker's release, but it seems unlikely that P5R would casually drop this month when it hasn't even been announced outside of Japan yet.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Implying I wouldn't just replay a game I love immensely.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Persona 5 is getting a greatest hits version.

We're really in the last stretch. New versions coming out and all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
God-****ing-dammit, why did they have to be mean like this? "Sakurai wouldn't want them?" Then how do you explain Joker and Bayonetta being in here then?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...not_in_consideration_for_the_switch_right_now

Also, 24 days left until the month of Joker ends. Oh, and this interview just came up:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...witch-13-sentinels-aegis-rims-delay-and-more/

On Joker in Smash:
Hiraoka: “This time, Joker joining Smash Bros. was mainly thanks to Masahiro Sakurai from Sora, Ltd.’s invitation, which led to this partnership. Sakurai-san is a big fan of Persona 5, and we are fans of Smash Bros., so when we received the invitation, we thought, “That’s great!” We’re happy to establish such a great working relationship.”

When asked whether Joker in Smash Bros might mean Persona 5 for the Switch:
Hiraoka: “On this regard, I have no detailed reply to give, but personally I think the Nintendo Switch is a very appealing console.”
Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...egis-rims-delay-and-more/#FL91cbzWJZodpYbM.99

Last edited:

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
So this is a shot in the dark but the wait for this character has driven people insane so sure, why not.

What are people's thoughts on the idea that we'd have a Direct next week partially on the basis that Reggie will be a part of it? It'll be the last full week he has before stepping down on the 15th, so assuming that was a plan for them, they have that window left only to get him into it while he's still President.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I saw some art and began to think, what do you guys think are the chances of a Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Switch port if P5 Switch is real?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
God-****ing-dammit, why did they have to be mean like this? "Sakurai wouldn't want them?" Then how do you explain Joker and Bayonetta being in here then?
Kinda taking the statements out of context. I think Nagoshi means that he thinks Sakurai would pick other characters over the duo. It doesn't mean Nagoshi has beef with Smash Bros.

IGN: Sega and Atlus characters such as Sonic and Joker have appeared in Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL, is it possible that Kiryu and Majima will also someday?

Nagoshi: Mr. Sakurai would not want them (laughs). It is all right if he said. But he does not want, maybe.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kinda taking the statements out of context. I think Nagoshi means that he thinks Sakurai would pick other characters over the duo. It doesn't mean Nagoshi has beef with Smash Bros.
His guess might be wrong. No one knows what Sakurai actually thinks, that is all.

So this is a shot in the dark but the wait for this character has driven people insane so sure, why not.

What are people's thoughts on the idea that we'd have a Direct next week partially on the basis that Reggie will be a part of it? It'll be the last full week he has before stepping down on the 15th, so assuming that was a plan for them, they have that window left only to get him into it while he's still President.
On one hand, Directs have relied on NOJ a lot lately. On the other, it would be rude not to give Reggie a proper goodbye Direct, and provide book ends at the same time (since he hosted the very first Direct, iirc).

The next post-weekend is where it all plays out.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I saw some art and began to think, what do you guys think are the chances of a Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Switch port if P5 Switch is real?
Not too likely, but it'd be great if it did! :)

amageish

Smash Master
I used to be more pessimistic and think it wouldn't happen, but ATLUS remade almost every game they developed for the DS on the 3DS, regardless of sales. Might as well remake their Wii U title for the Switch, especially when Nintendo assumedly has systems in-place for WiiU-to-Switch ports already.

On one hand, Directs have relied on NOJ a lot lately. On the other, it would be rude not to give Reggie a proper goodbye Direct, and provide book ends at the same time (since he hosted the very first Direct, iirc).

The next post-weekend is where it all plays out.
That he did!

I'd be shocked if he didn't get a goodbye in a direct, but it could be a prerecorded goodbye that airs after the 15th.

D

Deleted member

So with the rumors floating around that Joker will drop on April 25 after a direct that same day explaining how he plays, allow me to say that if Joker does indeed come out on the 25th then for me personally that will be amazing. Why? Because April 25th happens to be my birthday :estatic:

D

Deleted member

So with the rumors floating around that Joker will drop on April 25 after a direct that same day explaining how he plays, allow me to say that if Joker does indeed come out on the 25th then for me personally that will be amazing. Why? Because April 25th happens to be my birthday :estatic:
Most rumors support that right now due to some kind of ATLUS/Persona Concert and it being a good time to release info. The other popular theory was the 9th, but we would have gotten a teaser mentioning a Direct or something on Tuesday.

At this point, if it is the 25th, we've got a good chance of either a Direct or a teaser for the next direct happening next week. We may get our teaser of when to finally expect the next direct on the 9th (to coincide with the 'first day' in Persona 5) or, by that Friday, the 13th (oh wow, just realized it's going to be Friday the 13th lol), we'll get our teaser for a direct the following week (which would then say "hey, this is dropping the 25th, y'all").

As we get closer, the wait will feel longer. I suggest finding a good game (if you haven't lost interest in Smash or are holding off for Joker) because these next weeks are going to feel torturous lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As we get closer, the wait will feel longer. I suggest finding a good game (if you haven't lost interest in Smash or are holding off for Joker) because these next weeks are going to feel torturous lol.
I'm currently trudging through The Silver Case right now myself. Though given that it ties into Flower,Sun and Rain and the 25th Ward, I may have to hold off on 25th Ward until I get FSR on the DS.

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite burned out on Ultimate yet. Still trying to 100% it. All I need to do is acquire all the spirits (and I mean actually have them in my inventory. Not just fill out the list of them like I've already done) and level up all the primaries to Level 99.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Most rumors support that right now due to some kind of ATLUS/Persona Concert and it being a good time to release info. The other popular theory was the 9th, but we would have gotten a teaser mentioning a Direct or something on Tuesday.

At this point, if it is the 25th, we've got a good chance of either a Direct or a teaser for the next direct happening next week. We may get our teaser of when to finally expect the next direct on the 9th (to coincide with the 'first day' in Persona 5) or, by that Friday, the 13th (oh wow, just realized it's going to be Friday the 13th lol), we'll get our teaser for a direct the following week (which would then say "hey, this is dropping the 25th, y'all").

Dates I was thinking of were next Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite burned out on Ultimate yet. Still trying to 100% it. All I need to do is acquire all the spirits (and I mean actually have them in my inventory. Not just fill out the list of them like I've already done) and level up all the primaries to Level 99.
I'm not burned out either. Oddly enough, I've been having fun just collecting the Spirits and trying to get all of them for really no reason lol. Once you have certain combinations, the rest don't really matter. That Golden Mario sub spirit allows for a lot of fun shenanigans lol.

At the same time, I do have Tales of Vesperia to go back to. And Disgaea 5 is a time sink. I don't have it for Switch; just the PS4; but I can just spend forever in Item World mindlessly grinding away.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through some online comments and I do not know if this has been discussed before but: Because Rivers in the Desert has "hell" in its lyrics, people think Nintendo might not put the song in or make it instrumental. Without factoring my concern on whether the vocals are in-house or not, I do got to wonder if Nintendo is that strict when it comes to these "mature" content in Smash. I mean Snake and Bayonetta have been toned down, so who is to say they might do the same with Joker? (Mainly in regards to his gun if it will be part of his moveset).

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was looking through some online comments and I do not know if this has been discussed before but: Because Rivers in the Desert has "hell" in its lyrics, people think Nintendo might not put the song in or make it instrumental. Without factoring my concern on whether the vocals are in-house or not, I do got to wonder if Nintendo is that strict when it comes to these "mature" content in Smash. I mean Snake and Bayonetta have been toned down, so who is to say they might do the same with Joker? (Mainly in regards to his gun if it will be part of his moveset).
Rodin's trophy in the last game explicitly mentions Gates of Hell. Also Rivers in the Desert has a great instrumental already.

Joker might or might not have a gun, but he has enough moveset potential without it so it's hard to say whether it's related to censoring if that doesn't make it.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
they can mute that part out or ask the singer to resing that part with a different word

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The wait was the worst for me in the last week. I'm good for now and i think it'll be hype as we get closer :)

I dont expect much before the 15th, but anything's possible this month. I just wanna see some gameplay or play myself, and know the costumes and what's up with p5r, and .. maybe next character reveal... it's gonna be a lot at the same time if it's all around the 25th. :O

osby

Smash Obsessed
The wait was the worst for me in the last week. I'm good for now and i think it'll be hype as we get closer :)

I dont expect much before the 15th, but anything's possible this month. I just wanna see some gameplay or play myself, and know the costumes and what's up with p5r, and .. maybe next character reveal... it's gonna be a lot at the same time if it's all around the 25th. :O
It will be weird talking about characters other than Joker, I'm so used to it.

I feel the same way about most of the tracks, but I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Last Surprise without the vocals...
Understandable, it doesn't sound as good as stronger tracks like Life Will Change or Rivers in the Desert without vocals. Maybe it's because it's more jazzy?

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
I would love to have the lyrics to the songs but honestly personas instrumentals are so good I wouldn't be that disappointed if we don't get lyrics you know?
the vocals are probably the most key/memorable part to persona songs so i would be disappointed if they didn't add the lyrics

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Understandable, it doesn't sound as good as stronger tracks like Life Will Change or Rivers in the Desert without vocals. Maybe it's because it's more jazzy?
What do you mean? You havent speculated a lot on other characters? Or you mean in this thread?

osby

Smash Obsessed
What do you mean? You havent speculated a lot on other characters? Or you mean in this thread?
I mean, Joker is the only character we know coming but yet to come. Every other character is either not confirmed or already in the game. He's in a unique spot in terms of Smash talk and been that way since December. It's going to be interesting moving past it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, Joker is the only character we know coming but yet to come. Every other character is either not confirmed or already in the game. He's in a unique spot in terms of Smash talk and been that way since December. It's going to be interesting moving past it.
Well we're not gonna move past it here :p We're gonna talk all about how he plays and share our joker stories and laugh...
right?
:p

I've been all up on speculating about Erdrick and all so that's probably not gonna change until they reveal the next character.

amageish

Smash Master
I feel the same way about most of the tracks, but I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Last Surprise without the vocals...
That exists?!?! Missed that somehow. Either way, Last Surprise doesn't have lyrics that I could foresee causing issues...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And Let's not forget there's Jane to wonder about

(latest art i found)
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Remember that :ultsonic: has a bunch of songs that are in with vocals intact, except for those tied with band/singer rights (like Zebrahead), so I don't think it's anything to worry about. Plus "hell" can be replaced by "heck" if it's absolutely necessary. :ultdk:

Oh, and 23 days left before the release speculation ends.

It'll feel great to talk about characters other than "so and so being more likely to get in because the leaks/Twitter/merch said so".

Last edited:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I always thought it was weird that the Jane info-dump had it correlated to a male costume, since the alt versions of characters seem to be alternating. But, thinking about it, it's not that farfetched. It's either one of two possibilities.

Pikachu has a female version as the last two slots (the rest are male), and since there wasn't enough to have them alternate, they were put as the last two (presumably). I think that if Jane is indeed an alt costume, that works out rather well, and it fits with the info dump.

Or, of course, since it's a character with a different name, like Olimar/Alph, she'll be given the last four spots respectively. Also fitting with the info dump.

Not sure if this was discussed, I assume it was probably mentioned, or maybe I'm just really far behind on the whole Jack/Jane shenanigans. If so, I apologize, but I was proud at least! That I was able to come to this on my own.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I always thought it was weird that the Jane info-dump had it correlated to a male costume, since the alt versions of characters seem to be alternating. But, thinking about it, it's not that farfetched. It's either one of two possibilities.

Pikachu has a female version as the last two slots (the rest are male), and since there wasn't enough to have them alternate, they were put as the last two (presumably). I think that if Jane is indeed an alt costume, that works out rather well, and it fits with the info dump.

Or, of course, since it's a character with a different name, like Olimar/Alph, she'll be given the last four spots respectively. Also fitting with the info dump.

Not sure if this was discussed, I assume it was probably mentioned, or maybe I'm just really far behind on the whole Jack/Jane shenanigans. If so, I apologize, but I was proud at least! That I was able to come to this on my own.
Yup we've already talked about it but it felt cool to realize it. It's too bad I didnt think about it before her reveal. But to be fair we didn't think there'd be other options besides a FeMC. Now it totally makes sense since we know she might be something else. We just dont know what her relation to joker is yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom