• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden Power Monthlies June 2014

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
1st I like to say I had fun a this tourney and I enjoyed everybody. Especially crews, that was crazy. Shout outs to my crew members in that battle and the ones we had to fight. We have to work on your sh/t talking skills Brannon.

I'm not gona say this person's name cause they know who they are or it maybe more than one, Idk and I could care less. Dron told me that a certain person told him that my MK(meta knight) was free and they could beat it. Let me tell YOU something I don't even consider myself a good player. Personally I don't think I'm even good at smash, but I play cause I like it and it keeps my attention. And I made a few dollars in the process. Nothin serious, I'm able to put cheese on my whopper when I get home, that's all. But I do know one thing, I'm better than YOU. And your not good at smash at all. Your not good at any of the installments and you shouldn't play smash 4, that'll be a waste of your time, money, and energy. Let me tell you something every since I picked up the stick I've been the best at this in Mobile, and one of the best in Alabama. And that's not opinion, THATS A FACT. And as far as Mobile is concerned, NO HAS COME CLOSE, AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE. and the only time YOU'LL better than me IS IF I QUIT SMASH. And don't give tips to anyone on beating me. CAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOW HOW TO L-CANCEL, D-I, AND BLOCK PROPERLY(Rice, Zone, Ram, Manko, Mickey, Wafe) WILL TELL YOU THAT CAMP AND RUN TIL YOU GIVE ME AND OPENING. REMEMBER THAT. The thing is...the reason it's seems like I'm rushing you down, isn't because that's my play style. ITS BECAUSE YOUR ALWAYS OPEN AND YOU DON'T BLOCK..........ANYTHING. I grind like a beast at this ****, I train every chance I get. When I play friendlies or do my grinds. I don't cry or wine or quit if I mess up or not playing the way I want too or even losing. I keep going cause that's what I do. If this was work I'll be the 1st one to clock in and the last one to clock out. I play when my hands hurting, sleepy, hungry, whatever. So you got some nerve calling any of my characters free. If we all had a cash value based on skills or what not. You wouldn't have one cause you will always be free. And you are not on eye level with me on this smash sh(t. I've been looking down at you for a long time and it's never gonna change. I'm KING in this city. AND THE ONLY WAY I LOSE MY CROWN IS IF I GIVE IT AWAY. And if anybody didn't like that statement I'll play you I'm days off and I'll beat you till the point you wouldn't wanna play smash anymore. Or you can find me in Pensacola at zones place getting better with people who actually train. But there my crew too and that's y we're getting better. YOU'VE forgotten your place as far as this smash sh)t is concerned. But ima put you back in it.

P.s dinowulf, and ally you block properly too.
how me block??!??

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Gotdamn, rag.

Wafer you forgot to bold that message

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I like everyone in Mobile, nice guys and good players, and I have fun at Hidden Power. I don't mean any hard feelings toward anyone, this was just feedback I wanted to leave.
I'm not cross about anything other than the tone of that one post and I'm not even super cross with that, mostly just surprised.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1st I like to say I had fun a this tourney and I enjoyed everybody. Especially crews, that was crazy. Shout outs to my crew members in that battle and the ones we had to fight. We have to work on your sh/t talking skills Brannon.

I'm not gona say this person's name cause they know who they are or it maybe more than one, Idk and I could care less. Dron told me that a certain person told him that my MK(meta knight) was free and they could beat it. Let me tell YOU something I don't even consider myself a good player. Personally I don't think I'm even good at smash, but I play cause I like it and it keeps my attention. And I made a few dollars in the process. Nothin serious, I'm able to put cheese on my whopper when I get home, that's all. But I do know one thing, I'm better than YOU. And your not good at smash at all. Your not good at any of the installments and you shouldn't play smash 4, that'll be a waste of your time, money, and energy. Let me tell you something every since I picked up the stick I've been the best at this in Mobile, and one of the best in Alabama. And that's not opinion, THATS A FACT. And as far as Mobile is concerned, NO HAS COME CLOSE, AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE. and the only time YOU'LL better than me IS IF I QUIT SMASH. And don't give tips to anyone on beating me. CAUSE ANYONE WHO KNOW HOW TO L-CANCEL, D-I, AND BLOCK PROPERLY(Rice, Zone, Ram, Manko, Mickey, Wafe) WILL TELL YOU THAT CAMP AND RUN TIL YOU GIVE ME AND OPENING. REMEMBER THAT. The thing is...the reason it's seems like I'm rushing you down, isn't because that's my play style. ITS BECAUSE YOUR ALWAYS OPEN AND YOU DON'T BLOCK..........ANYTHING. I grind like a beast at this ****, I train every chance I get. When I play friendlies or do my grinds. I don't cry or wine or quit if I mess up or not playing the way I want too or even losing. I keep going cause that's what I do. If this was work I'll be the 1st one to clock in and the last one to clock out. I play when my hands hurting, sleepy, hungry, whatever. So you got some nerve calling any of my characters free. If we all had a cash value based on skills or what not. You wouldn't have one cause you will always be free. And you are not on eye level with me on this smash sh(t. I've been looking down at you for a long time and it's never gonna change. I'm KING in this city. AND THE ONLY WAY I LOSE MY CROWN IS IF I GIVE IT AWAY. And if anybody didn't like that statement I'll play you I'm days off and I'll beat you till the point you wouldn't wanna play smash anymore. Or you can find me in Pensacola at zones place getting better with people who actually train. But there my crew too and that's y we're getting better. YOU'VE forgotten your place as far as this smash sh)t is concerned. But ima put you back in it.

P.s dinowulf, and ally you block properly too.
Hmm. I might be crazy, but I think this is aimed at me because that sounds like something similar to something I probably would've said. If it's not aimed at me, then I'm somewhat offended it isn't aimed at me. Let me set some things straight here:

1.) I've said I think I can beat your MK and I firmly believe I can. I took games off it the month before this and didn't get blown out after playing next to none this month, so I'll stand by that. I firmly believe I can beat YOU at some point this year and we'll see if I can't back that up.
2.) I've never said your MK was free in anything close to a serious manner. You have great fundamentals and any character you play that can capitalize on them is going to be worth playing.
3.) I **** talk everyone and I **** talk to your face. I mention that I think I can beat you because someone asked me. It's never bothered you before that I **** talk at Reflex or P-1 or Spade or DRN and it's not likely to stop.

You might not like to recognize that people are getting better at this game. You might like to imply that the only way to get better is to play in Pensacola for some reason I cannot fathom. That won't stop me from reaching up and grabbing you by your ankles and pulling you back down to Earth with the rest of us. Hey, if I can do it, maybe someone else will get it into their head that they can do it. We may see you get third or fourth in a Mobile tournament before we're through.

Try building people up that want to beat you, not tearing them down. If you want to act like Perfect Cell, it's gonna be embarrassing as **** when you don't lose to Goku or Gohan. You're gonna get your ass beat by Yamcha one of these days.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hmm. I might be crazy, but I think this is aimed at me because that sounds like something similar to something I probably would've said. If it's not aimed at me, then I'm somewhat offended it isn't aimed at me. Let me set some things straight here:

1.) I've said I think I can beat your MK and I firmly believe I can. I took games off it the month before this and didn't get blown out after playing next to none this month, so I'll stand by that. I firmly believe I can beat YOU at some point this year and we'll see if I can't back that up.
2.) I've never said your MK was free in anything close to a serious manner. You have great fundamentals and any character you play that can capitalize on them is going to be worth playing.
3.) I **** talk everyone and I **** talk to your face. I mention that I think I can beat you because someone asked me. It's never bothered you before that I **** talk at Reflex or P-1 or Spade or DRN and it's not likely to stop.

You might not like to recognize that people are getting better at this game. You might like to imply that the only way to get better is to play in Pensacola for some reason I cannot fathom. That won't stop me from reaching up and grabbing you by your ankles and pulling you back down to Earth with the rest of us. Hey, if I can do it, maybe someone else will get it into their head that they can do it. We may see you get third or fourth in a Mobile tournament before we're through.

Try building people up that want to beat you, not tearing them down. If you want to act like Perfect Cell, it's gonna be embarrassing as **** when you don't lose to Goku or Gohan. You're gonna get your *** beat by Yamcha one of these days.

ragnarock

Smash Lord

Try building people up that want to beat you, not tearing them down. If you want to act like Perfect Cell, it's gonna be embarrassing as **** when you don't lose to Goku or Gohan. You're gonna get your *** beat by Yamcha one of these days.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I see y'all are getting better. And no pensacola isn't the only ****ing place I can get better. And if mobile did practice y'all sure as hell don't practice with me. And I been on earth, don't have some kind of ego. I'm pretty humble, but I ain't taking **** back what I said. I meant every word. And yes y'all are getting better. But so am I, so I seriously doubt I get 4th if it does I'd only a few ways itll go. But you won't be above me. If I had some kinda big head or I was on cloud nine. Your hands are the very last ones who can ****ing touch my damn ankles to pull me down so you can get that **** straight. Your the one with the big head, and the thing is you don't even have the result to back you up. And you don't say **** in anybody's face, Don't be talking **** like you bout that life cause your not. You don't have the ability to change the food-chain. It's not in you and it never was. Brawl should have told you that. As much as you played with reflex and the other guys in northern alabama you should have been on the or not me. But I got on that ***** and I went from 8th to 3rd. That **** wasn't easy, but I did it. You just a hater, but you know was they say in the hood drew. You must be doing something right if you have some. And Im usually quiet and i just let me skills do the talking. But I don't give a absolute **** no more. So keep spamming b and down smash. When other ppl figure out how to get pass that brain dead as **** you won't be have these positive results that have you thinking your at least have way decent at smash. I'm wont be King at this **** forever. IVE JUST BEEN THE BEST IN THE AREA FOR 8 YEARS. So when I do get dethroned it won't b a problem. It might be to dron, Rolf, Matt, sickolas, but it won't b you. We both know that, now don't we.

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late response guys. I know it may seem like you guys are getting ignored sometimes, but I assure you I was aware of the lack of stream diversity and mistakes in seeding before you even brought it up. And I have been brainstorming ways to resolve some of the issues, but it's going to take more volunteer work.

I have learned that it's just not possible to run a successful stream and a successful tournament at the same time. So what I am looking to do is bring at least one other computer and have it as the Tio PC, while running the stream from my laptop. What I'll need is someone who is willing to be dedicated to helping the stream. This will allow them to focus on keeping the quality of the stream up with more variety of players and solid commentary going. While on Tio there will be more time to work on correct seeding and less tournament down time.

I also forgot to comment that I apologize for I couldn't get melee on stream. Next time I'll make sure the wii we use can run both Brawl and Melee seamlessly. This will also be easier if we have a separate livestream laptop and having both games up there will automatically add to the diversity.

One last comment I'd like to make is that though I'd like to work on mixing it up, it's not going to mean I'll be able to capture everyone on stream. There will always be more matches that are run off stream than on stream and the biggest thing you can do to improve your chances of being recorded is to win more.

I hope we'll be able to pull it off and keep moving forward to make HP monthlies better every time.

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t I literally only enter one event at every hp. I'll volunteer to help. I have a lot of free time after doubles bro and that's the first thing we do.

I would like to help with stream things.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I like your response quite a bit and I'll hold to it. I have no problem helping out with it all. I truly believe you felt bad about the whole pm thing that's why I never said anything about it. I did get my money back so its all good there.

I know it won't be a 100% chance that every match will be recorded sounds impossible really BUT as long as you acknowledge the mistakes and learn from them then its fine.

I'm willing to help next month

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
So, yeah, I made one of these a while back and forgot to tell you guys, but anyway.

I didn't get to go to this one, but I watched the stream for most of the day. I do ask for more Melee, but I understand why it wasn't shown over the Wii and everything. Also, there was a lot of dead space on stream. At one point, the stream was up to about fifty people, but then there was a lot of nothing for a while, and people left. I don't care that much about stream diversity. I just care that the stream has something. More friendlies when needed, I guess. When I'm back permanently, I'll help TO, Brannon. Or at least keep the stream going with commentary so you and Ryker can handle that more effectively. I enjoy commentary, and I'm bad, so I'll generally have time to do it. I did a lot of commentary for HP: Mother's Day edition even though that was a really bad day for me. These monthlies aren't perfect, and everyone needs to understand that, but we're still starting off, so there's plenty of room to grow.
For all of us.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
I think the Ice Climbers are low-tier, opinions?
I wanna know what everyone thinks about the Climbers.
I will not be offended by anyone's thoughts.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
And I heard Rag used ICs in a match vs Rice.
That's damn hype.
Rag if you sit down with me for a lil while, we could get your ICs leveled up in no time.
You can already do the best tech.

facepalms2

Smash Rookie
I'm up for commentary help with turner/gingerjesus since I either sandbag half the time or just get #reckt in tourny.
@Glitched yeah ness is fun : P.

I think ICs are atleast upper mid tier tbh, wobbling 2gud.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
If Wafe's covering singles, I could do doubles. Especially if it means I get to name any team that doesn't do so itself immediately.
Don't think I have what it takes to commentate, but could definitely call matches.

Top Bottom