• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, Princess! - ZSS CC 2010 [TENTATIVE]

Zero

Smash Hero
Hey, Princess
The Zero Suit Samus Community Combo Video Project

In loving memory of DeliciousCake

So I want to bring back the ZSS Community Compilation. To do this, I need all of your help in submitting clips for me to edit together.

I am after:
  • Short, basic combos
  • Sick reads
  • Gimps
  • Shield Pressure
  • m i n d g a m e s
  • Recovery

Please note that only one of these requires the opponent to actually die. Please don't hesitate in sending combos that don't finish off your opponent, if the clip itself is an impressive combo display. One of the beauties of our character is that she can combo, and that is what we want to show other people.

I don't want:
  • dsmash to upB (note upB to downsmash is OK as it falls under category "Sick reads")

How to Submit

Please submit your replays in a compressed folder. Inside the folder, please have a textfile titled "REPLAYS", with the following format.

Code:
replay name: set of times you want the submit (eg. replay_1: 0:05-0-15, 1:21-1:27, 3:00-3:04)
notes (any specifics that you would like to mention)
If you would like your clips to use a specific texture, please include the specific texture as well as which colour it is set to, in your REPLAYS textfile.

Any compressed format is fine. Common types are .zip, .rar, .tar, .bz, 7z.

Please upload your replay file to www.mediafire.com and send me (kaleidoRuby) the link via SmashBoards PM.

Soundtrack

Samus Appears - Metroid Prme 3: Corruption
???
???
Theme? - Metroid Other M

Progress Report

|
0% - Initial Stage

Other

If you have any suggestions, ideas, critiques, or thoughts about anything listed here, feel free to post about it! This is our project, after all. :lick:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
This is going to rock.
I'm gonna have to improve so I actually have some stuff to submit. XD

Zero

Smash Hero
ugh I wrote a blog post about how smash players overuse Pendulum in their combo videos. :(

Personally I want to use some sick Metroid remixes for the main body of the video.

Zero

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, recovery is a good category. We must publish that amazing NR dair > upB > flipstool recovery on Siege. It was the best thing ever

EDITED

Zero

Smash Hero
Kindred is pretty awesome, but I don't know if it, and Maridia theme in general, would fit the end. To me, the Maridia theme represents a very claustrophobic and intrepid feeling. Kindred just adds even more to that. It's got a creepy tone instead of soft, which I don't think is very representative of a good ending.

But yes, I do want Metroid themed music for the video.

All the World in One Girl is overused IMO, so I don't really want to use that.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I dont' think anyone suggested all the world in one girl.

I suggested stuff from Crystal Flash, which is a medley of the ****ing metalest Metroid covers you will ever hear, ever.

Zero

Smash Hero
I know, but it will be inevitable, I feel.

listening to Crystal Flash now, why haven't I listened to this before?!

loving Norfair

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I also have to disagree about Kindred (or any Maridia cover). Creepy is what Metroid is all about, and Maridia especially gets at the brooding nature of all of Samus's adventures. I don't know, the Requiem for Adam (if that's what it's called) just... it worked well for that part of the game, but it feels tremendously out of place in a showcase of Metroid music. The Maridia theme is a similarly subdued theme that also fits better with the surrounding themes.

Oh, maybe we could just go with the Baby Metroid theme from Metroid II.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
this sounds fun! ;D

If I can find out how to upload any of my vids I can try to do that ^,^

Edit: I love that pic aloooooot! x3

Mike2

Smash Ace
Just browsing through youtube. All music:

My favorite one so far that I found. Creepy in the beginning then builds up. Sounds like a movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblimWYukf4

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption remix(Elysia I think). Kinda anxious/sad until 47 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW2A1DBjobs

Starting around 33 secs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XP7dcm_oA

Techno-y Brinstar Overgrown Vegetation Area Remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFV_T15mEIE

Pretty epic sounding. Dark. Like the beginning mostly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjxmRAxf6s

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
How are you planning to organize this? Like, are you going to play through it with a section that highlights our recovery, then a section with epic combos? Or are you going to go player by player? Or all dispersed?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Hey so, I mentioned this in the Social (or was it General discussion? I don't even know) thread when this project was announced, but I edited Zoot Suit Riot awhile ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IqH3uliwJY) so that every time the singer says "Riot," it is replaced by the Brawl announcer saying "SAMUS." If this is relevant to this project's interest let me know and I'll upload it. I was planning on using it in a combo video for awhile but since I've done nothing with the song for roughly 2 years, I figure you guys can have it.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im sure I can send a couple of things for my combo video since im not finishing anything else anytime soon -.-

edit - ruby add me on aim =3

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'll do my best to actually get some stuff in for this... Though against Orion that'll be ridiculously hard. &_&

Zero

Smash Hero
So, how many clips can one submit?
I've got 4 good clips.
Unlimited, although I would prefer that everyone gets a fair share of showtime in the video. But I'll have to make do with what I get.

Also to centralise your questions, I'd prefer the replay file so that I can standardise the video quality.

Cheeszeman_

Smash Cadet
what about custom textures? should we send you those as well via fighter file or Fit.pac/pcs's?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If we did the Diva Dance, we'd have to start the video with Il dolce suono.

Top Bottom