• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hey i have a money match vs a roy player

D

Deleted member

zelda vs roy is like this-

1 crouch everything
2 don't crouches smashes, block for those
3 when you crouch a non-smash, hit him with something. downsmash is good
4 do random fsmashes
5 di all throws down
6 kick him
7 play blue

and you'll win

roy has a lot of nothing on zelda

comboking

Smash Master
roy has a lot on zelda. he will crouch cancell you back air also works. make sure he doesn't F-smash you. I'd know I play roy because roy is high tier

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
She can edgeguard quite well against Roy.

Kick out of shield is the big difference maker.
I don't understand. Suppose Roy recovers by always just barely grabbing the ledge. Even then, his hitbox for his up extends way above his own collision boxes. If it hits you it gives him plenty of time to get safely on.

amished

Smash Cadet
I don't understand. Suppose Roy recovers by always just barely grabbing the ledge. Even then, his hitbox for his up extends way above his own collision boxes. If it hits you it gives him plenty of time to get safely on.
But with Zelda's 2 jumps and the rediculous range on the Up B move, you should be able to intercept Roy's really predictable recovery way before he get's close to the ledge. There might be other tactics that I'm not really seeing, since I don't really play Zelda all that often, but that's what really comes to mind at first.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I see what you mean. His fire sword really does become annoying. I try to be as aggressive as possible with Din's Fire to either force them to drop low or intercept them in mid up B. Or I take the edge and be aggressive with off the ledge bairs. Creative pressure is how I do it. I'll upload a couple matches for some visual aids. I'm really fail at explaining things sometimes. :]

D

Deleted member

blue zelda is so hot.

edit: yeah that roy is pretty good. He totally knows your style too, it's very obvious.

TheLake

Smash Master
I always go dark blue ^_^

Daamn to that roy...

Doouble dddaamn to DM

Oh and i wouldnt limit advice to just ONE player. Mows da shiz but hes certainly not the only great zelda.

Top Bottom