• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Europe, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
be sure if m2k come in a tournament , there will be more than 120 attendants. There are a lot of M2k fan and I'm one of them :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
@angel:
the event isnt only gonna be big because of M2K fans, but rather because when M2K is going, its promising to be a big event, so even more ppl. will think "i cant miss this big event"

M2K would be something like a trigger ^^
it would really be good for Europe if there was another BIG melee AND Brawl tourney, so we could unite the whole of europe a bit more... ESA2 had some troubles there, but we should be able to get over that imo...

i really hope you decide to come M2k, no matter where ;)

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
Pls don't get a wrong impression of the german smash scene just because of those new ***s like Stacco (who isn't even roughly acknowledged in germany lawl..)...
Those Guys just talk trash cause they don't know it better, but whatever..
I think Yumes advice is a good one...
When teh money is available: travel! if it isn't: go to Netherlands or France.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Well only italy has banned mk, but rest of the europeans aren't going to italian tournaments anyway. :p
Lol who said that? I'm a moderator of the italian community (even if I'm Swiss) and we haven't banned it :p.

Sorry if anyone already said this, I didn't feel like going through all the pages checking for that.

Staco

Smash Champion
Pls don't get a wrong impression of the german smash scene just because of those new ***s like Stacco (who isn't even roughly acknowledged in germany lawl..)...
Those Guys just talk trash cause they don't know it better, but whatever..
I think Yumes advice is a good one...
When teh money is available: travel! if it isn't: go to Netherlands or France.
stop flaming, lol
im a member of the brawl community of germany, too, so stop telling things like this <<
only because I dont play melee you dont have to flame me, like you do all the time in german boards <<

AE.

Smash Cadet
LOL,german***s at their best (except a few).

m2k,if you ever happen to visit switzerland during your trip to europe,i would love to house you.
switzerland is next to germany,france,italy,austria...not Netherlands though.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
stop flaming, lol
im a member of the brawl community of germany, too, so stop telling things like this <<
only because I dont play melee you dont have to flame me, like you do all the time in german boards <<
Sorry Staco but why are you even concerned about this? You keep telling M2K to come to Germany when you yourself said you aren't allowed to go to tournaments? Then what's the point of that? You're spamming up a thread without any purpose to do so. (Which basically defines spamming I know).

Oh. Also. I have never heard of you. Whilst I have heard of Serpit and some other Austrian players. So you can't have a much of a name as you're pretending to have.

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
stop flaming, lol

? I was one of teh first who tried to love Brawl and was one of teh only ones who was trying to proselytize all Brawl Haters! And I played brawl a long time before you (import ftw) did. Im not flaming you fpor Brawl man, Im flaming you for beeing a ****..!

Staco

Smash Champion
Sorry Staco but why are you even concerned about this? You keep telling M2K to come to Germany when you yourself said you aren't allowed to go to tournaments? Then what's the point of that? You're spamming up a thread without any purpose to do so. (Which basically defines spamming I know).

Oh. Also. I have never heard of you. Whilst I have heard of Serpit and some other Austrian players. So you can't have a much of a name as you're pretending to have.
if I rly want to, I could go to a tourney, but there was only one tourney close to me, and there melee was mostly played

and there arent a lot well known player in europe, I guess
serpit is well known, izaw is well known, pepito maybe
and the rest of the european brawlers mostly dont know each other =/
and in my oppinion there isnt sth. like an europe community, the players are all in different communitys (we have got 3 different boards for smashbros in germany, and mostly the players dont know each other ...
(and a lot of them aren´t members of smashboards.com, dont know, who m2k is, and dont know, that there is sth. like smashboards.com)

I guess it is the same in other countries, but dont kno, if I am right

ZeroFrames

Smash Cadet
Luma and me are planing an 80-Man-Tournement called SFK³
but were Just planing so it isnt confirmed.

Notice:

no-one had known of that Tourney till jet. (germans too ;) )
and yes, I didnt want to present it soon, but i think that the best time to do is now!
SFK³ Called: "Smash Fest Köln 3", (for your english people = "Smash FIESTA COLOGNE 3" <- working-Title^^ )
so it starts at Colone and its near to Cologne MainStation, and this is very near to Cologne-Airport.

Basicly:

1) no, here in Germany we dont ban MK

2) Maybe i will do that for 4 Days, but i dont know yet. Huge? mhh... 70-80 Persons i dont know if you think that is huge^^ ...

3) If NTSC or PAL i think there isnt sooooooooo much difference, but i could make it to a NTSC-Tourney if you bring me NTSC-Melee-Disks^^
some Germans have got NTSC-Disk i think... so the problem shouldnt be great

Think of that M2K!
But Also think: this isnt Cofirmed yet!!!!!!
Please do not Planing >.<
Please do NOT Check out 4 Tickets NOW!
AND PLEASE: Dont wonder if SFK³ doesnt starts as like i had presented...

and Please excuse me for my very very very bad English ;)

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Luma and me are planing an 80-Man-Tournement called SFK³
but were Just planing so it isnt confirmed.

Notice:

no-one had known of that Tourney till jet. (germans too ;) )
and yes, I didnt want to present it soon, but i think that the best time to do is now!
SFK³ Called: "Smash Fest Köln 3", (for your english people = "Smash FIESTA COLOGNE 3" <- working-Title^^ )
so it starts at Colone and its near to Cologne MainStation, and this is very near to Cologne-Airport.

Basicly:

1) no, here in Germany we dont ban MK

2) Maybe i will do that for 4 Days, but i dont know yet. Huge? mhh... 70-80 Persons i dont know if you think that is huge^^ ...

3) If NTSC or PAL i think there isnt sooooooooo much difference, but i could make it to a NTSC-Tourney if you bring me NTSC-Melee-Disks^^

Think of that M2K!
But Also think: this isnt Cofirmed yet!!!!!!
Please do not Planing >.<
Please do NOT Check out 4 Tickets NOW!
AND PLEASE: Dont wonder if SFK³ doesnt starts as like i had presented...

and Please excuse me for my very very very bad English ;)
I don't think space for 80 people is enough if M2K &friends are coming.

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
i would like to fight amsah, but I have no idea how to use PAL because all the %s would be different and it would throw me off. That's why I'm really reluctant to play PAL version, he would have a huge unfair experience difference. If we did NTSC, I would not CG. CG sheik dittos are gay. I'm not bad at them at all, it's just gay. I beat C.Jack like 2/3rds of our CG sheik dittos back at OC2 even though his sheik was probably better at the time, it just doesn't prove anything, and he wanted to do CG matches instead of non-CG matches cuz he said "everyone CGs". I've also 4 stocked Inui and Plank and many other ppl in them... but the thing is it just doesn't prove anything it ruins the fun completely. If that's what you're worried about then don't.
Actually there are only a few moves that have different knockback in PAL.
The metagame is almost the same, except for some key moves like
Marth' dair (is a meteor --> in PAL you would rather go for fair2fair etc. or fair2upB combos instead of the Ken Combo)
Falco's dair (doesn't spike during the "2nd" weak hitbox)
Fox' upSmash (weaker but still very strong)
Sheik's uair (a little weaker, but good for comboing)

of course there are more differences... look at the PAL vs NTSC thread.

However, none of the differences makes the game really FEEL differently imo. Only Sheik's downthrow CG is really crucial. I own both versions.

I would just recommend, you play some PAL and see how you like it. Adaption should be easy for a world champion like you and overall altough NTSC has these epic strong moves, I think most ppl would agree that PAL is more balanced, thus more fair.

Btw. i would love you to come to Europe and see you playing Amsah. And maybe i get to play you too... finally... after years of waiting for something like this.

Blad01

Smash Lord
From a french TO (obvously myself :p) :

1) are you ever banning MK?
Not for now. And probably not in 2009.

2) are you ever having a HUGE melee + brawl tourney that I could come to... say.... this summer? Something. If you have a huge melee tourney 1 week, then a huge brawl tourney the next week, or say... a 4 day tourney, I will be highly inclined to come. While I only play on saturdays anymore now, I still greatly enjoy both games.
Very probably. We are organizing a Brawl 2 days event on next summer (~ 200 persons), and we are probably going to associate with ESA3 (ESA being the biggest European tournament each year) for a 4 days event (2 days for Brawl, 2 days for Melee).

I would like to know something about that : Would you come if the tournament was in April 2009 ? Or is it better in July 2009 for Americans ?
3) would you ever play NTSC smash at a big melee tourney?
Probably not :/

I don't have my passport yet, but I may come this summer. Honestly, the odds are about 50/50 if I get my passport. I might bring someone with me, such as Cactuar or Vidjo or Azen (probably cactuar) or I might not. This is just considerations for now, but is very possible. If you go to scrub-land and ban MK then I am not going though, because I don't support that
Hehe, pretty cool news, that would give us even more motivation if some great american players came here :)

[EDIT :

About European Top 5, we can't know this at Brawl yet. I can just tell you that the best player in Paris is currently Léon (Peach / Marth). He's really good :)]

J03

Smash Master
British People have the banter imo.

M2K making pre match johns before he even picks up the pad, thats pretty amazing, epic in some peoples eyes.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I agree m2k is just making PAL johns.
How can he claim its not fair for him to play PAL because he don't know the percentages when if the Europeans were playing NTSC we could make the same statement, and if he does come which I agree with PDOT it is not gonna happen he is on European ground...................SO PAL IT IS!

looool People sucking up to his demands before even ready to defend their continent lol I can only count on the UK now to not suck up which they are showing proudly. Tbh when it comes to playing in a tourn where it is mostly high tiers which have the major differences between PAL/NTSC there are big differences but try not to suck up to him cos he good and actually change a whole TOURNAMENT just for him lol. He comes to Europe he plays PAL, just like Captain Jack.

Tero.

Smash Champion
NTSC tournaments are very unlikely. Even if we wanted to have some we couldn't because we just don't have enough setups (Personally I would love to ho play NTSC more, but w/e it's just me).

This topic is like 90% crap, important is:
If you come to Europe the netherlands would probably be the best option, but you should have a look at Epita Smash Arena (ESA) in Paris or Renaissance of Smash (RoS) in Goteburg (Sweden).
In germany there was Smash Royale last summer, but we aren't sure if we are going to host another one in 2009, so yeah if you want to come to germany this or SFK³ in cologne would be the best options.

Luma

Smash Lord
well sfk³ was first only planned with the old venue + only germans
if we consider m2k coming to this time ofc we would go for another venue, getting prolly many dutchies aswell making it a big event

just saying ^^

Collomb

Smash Rookie
GUYS PLEASE STOP THIS CRAP!

italians didn't ban MK, we just did a fuc***g survey!
we're very fed-up, stop stop stop! ****

in fact in the next italian tournament mk WILL NOT BE BANNED! and he has NEVER been!

The dark scorpion

Smash Rookie
GUYS PLEASE STOP THIS CRAP!

italians didn't ban MK, we just did a fuc***g survey!
we're very fed-up, stop stop stop! ****

in fact in the next italian tournament mk WILL NOT BE BANNED! and he has NEVER been!
yeah, that's right. we never said that

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm away for a couple of days and this is what I come back to. While some people were helpful, the majority has been arguing, spamming and talking about themselves(!) for reasons that are beyond me. You disappoint me.

To sum it up, there are no big tournaments planned for this summer, but there probably will be at least one. M2K already told me ESA3 (around February) is too early, so no point in mentioning that. The Dutch community is the best and the biggest, but some other countries have their share of good players. There is no way tournaments will have NTSC, but there's always the possibility of NTSC money matches.

I'll take it upon myself to keep M2K informed and I'm going to lock this thread now. Way to go, Europe!

(M2K: if for some reason you want this reopened, send me a PM.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom