• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Europe, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
1) are you ever banning MK?

2) are you ever having a HUGE melee + brawl tourney that I could come to... say.... this summer? Something. If you have a huge melee tourney 1 week, then a huge brawl tourney the next week, or say... a 4 day tourney, I will be highly inclined to come. While I only play on saturdays anymore now, I still greatly enjoy both games.

3) would you ever play NTSC smash at a big melee tourney?

I don't have my passport yet, but I may come this summer. Honestly, the odds are about 50/50 if I get my passport. I might bring someone with me, such as Cactuar or Vidjo or Azen (probably cactuar) or I might not. This is just considerations for now, but is very possible. If you go to scrub-land and ban MK then I am not going though, because I don't support that

if any TOs read this please respond and see if something like that can be possible (if it's 2 tourneys that are back-to-back [like 6 days apart] and NEARBY each other that would also be acceptable).

should my first experience going here be good, I might go again.

I would also need housing. I remember an offer that someone had to pay hundreds of dollars (basically most of my plane ticket) to train them for a week or so, so that's another reason I'm considering going.

Hope I get good responses.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Only Italy bans metakinght I think.

I have not heard of any big tourns that are going on in Europe atm but I am pretty sure they will be hosting melee and brawl otherwise they suck.
NTSC will not be played at any major Europe tournaments because we are European and we play PAL lol.

:034:

Smash Hero
Poor M2K, immediatly being ditched.

1. The Netherlands are probably not banning MK since nobody really plays him here, as far as I know. I believe Italy has already banned him, but I'm not quite up to date about that.

2. This summer, no clue. :V Probably.

3. Don't count on it - We use PAL Gamecube's, which don't support NTSC Melee without use of a freeloader. PAL is the way to go in Europe.

Aiko

Smash Champion
well Italy have banned MK but as far as the rest of europe goes, im pretty sure he's still legal.

I don't mind playing NTSC melee but as far as copies go, most people don't have it so hosting a tournament with NTSC is unlikely. But give pal a chance and see what you think. If you and some other top US players were guaranteed to come, I think a few people would be interested in hosting, myself included.

Aiko

Smash Champion
you should play tonberry, then we can find out who the best ff creature really is. imo tonberry is slow but has instant ko move, cactuar has needles by several factors of 1000

Retroking2000

Smash Master
no MK players win european tourneys since our metagame(our metagame is kick-***) has adjusted so well to him . idk why tho MK players just get ***** over here lulz the tourney wins are usually D3 , snake , Wario

i own NTSC smash lol.

would love to play western players .

hm i dont know about major tourneys that the europeans do , mostly its only melee tourneys consisting of 2days and what not ,

as for brawl it consists of 1 day at least .

no one has come up for hosting both games at a tourney .

Ps .

would love some marth dittos with cactuar lulz

Mr P

Smash Ace
There havent been any major sorta brawl tournies in Europe that i know of and certainly no established top 5 although there are communities that do play Brawl most of Europe has either stuck with melee or quit.

I can pretty much guarentee though that there will be some sort of big euro smash tournie next year although it's not been announced yet.

Aiko

Smash Champion
not really sure on europe, but according to fuzzyness in UK it would be something like :

brawl
Fuzzyness - Rob
Kira! - Falco
Aiko - Wario
Retroking - Marth
Frostbyte - ???

melee:
Fuzzyness - Sheik
Prof pro - Fox
Frostbyte - Marth
Retroking - Marth
Captain Zeppo - falcon

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
1) only italian smasher have banned MK in a tournament

2) 234 people came to ESA 2 , the biggest european tournament ever and there will be probably a Epita Smash Arena 3.
This is a french tournament and for the moment , nobody in france want to banned MK .

3) We used to play with PAL version during a tournament , NTSC is for freeplay even in big tournament. When I've seen Amsah against CJ , i was not dissapointed by the game. Seeing 2 sheik who chaingrab all the time is just boring. that's why we prefer PAL version.

be sure you will be housing as long as you want . Housing one the best player in the world is just unbelievable. And so many european people want to see you against amsah in a tournament.

However , other people will give you best reponse than me and my english sucks a lot :)

I hope you will come to Europe

Retroking2000

Smash Master
could you name the top 5 european brawl players and who they use?
. lemme see

this is is no order just the top of my head jason
serpit (lucas) Vienna
Utto (d3) - dutch
Aiko(wario) - english Lulz
ummm

as for melee
amsah/ Nihonjin (sheik) best player in europe
again cant think of more sorry -_-

cant really think of them right now

but i have won online 7 tourneys with marth lulz.

sorry cant think of any more atm , i will get back to ya on that

promise

Mizar

Smash Ace
I dont know about a top 5, but Serpit (I think he still uses Lucas), Retroking2000 in this thread (Mains Marth), Gaki (Still mains Tlink?) and some other dutch brawlers are pretty close to that.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
come to think of it i do pretty much kick *** with marth . doing dair techchasing with him mizar knows to well about that lulz . sorry i meant to say i main marth in brawl .

also cpt falcon called R something (begins with R ) lulz he is dutch player

@ aiko hey thats true armada the 15 yr old prodigy with peach also top 5 european player he 4stocked japan pro masashi . lulz .

he is swedish

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

Europe won't be banning Meta Knight anytime soon anyway. No MKs have been placing high consistently.

2) are you ever having a HUGE melee + brawl tourney that I could come to... say.... this summer? Something. If you have a huge melee tourney 1 week, then a huge brawl tourney the next week, or say... a 4 day tourney, I will be highly inclined to come. While I only play on saturdays anymore now, I still greatly enjoy both games.

The Netherlands usually have around 50 man tournaments, but I assume we'll have some big tournaments this summer. I mean, everyone has some free time etc.

I suck at Melee anyway, I was too young (yes, too young) to travel etc. So I couldn't get any experience. But I am sure there are enough Dutch players who wouldn't care not to.

Edit: Retroking, that CF player's name is "Rebaz".

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i would like to fight amsah, but I have no idea how to use PAL because all the %s would be different and it would throw me off. That's why I'm really reluctant to play PAL version, he would have a huge unfair experience difference. If we did NTSC, I would not CG. CG sheik dittos are gay. I'm not bad at them at all, it's just gay. I beat C.Jack like 2/3rds of our CG sheik dittos back at OC2 even though his sheik was probably better at the time, it just doesn't prove anything, and he wanted to do CG matches instead of non-CG matches cuz he said "everyone CGs". I've also 4 stocked Inui and Plank and many other ppl in them... but the thing is it just doesn't prove anything it ruins the fun completely. If that's what you're worried about then don't.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i would like to fight amsah, but I have no idea how to use PAL because all the %s would be different and it would throw me off. That's why I'm really reluctant to play PAL version, he would have a huge unfair experience difference. If we did NTSC, I would not CG. CG sheik dittos are gay. I'm not bad at them at all, it's just gay. I beat C.Jack like 2/3rds of our CG sheik dittos back at OC2 even though his sheik was probably better at the time, it just doesn't prove anything, and he wanted to do CG matches instead of non-CG matches cuz he said "everyone CGs". I've also 4 stocked Inui and Plank and many other ppl in them... but the thing is it just doesn't prove anything it ruins the fun completely. If that's what you're worried about then don't.
well have you read the Pal Vs NTSC differentiations thread .

its somewhere on here .

i think sheik can CG lulz , her upair is weak so she can combo (great another air to combo with)
sheik is actually gayer in pal i think

here are the reason .

because no CG she can techchase with dthrow to 40% gay . then when it hits 50% he can do dthrow then grab again basically a prominent chainthrow can be preformed .

with the dthrow which pops you up he can chain uairs like a marth

then setup for a fair ,

lool i think sheik is gay in both versions m2k , but enough sheik i want your marth vs amsah sheik
lulz .

but no infamous ken combo , or uptilt spike (m2k combo ) though hehe

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nah its not the CG thing its cos Amsah and all the other europeans have adjusted to PAL iswell so it would be unfair for us to switch for everyone to fit to your adjustments cos they cud make the same statement if they go and play NTSC they dont know the percentages etc. And since you are coming to Europe its only fair you play PAL. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few NTSC games so we could see you in your comfort zone though but PAL we be played overall probably.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No

A friend of mine plans to do a tourney in Vienna. However, it won't be "huge"...60 ppl maybe? Don't know yet. I also plan to do something myself but I don't have much experience.

Can't answer that, sorry :/

I don't have my passport yet, but I may come this summer. Honestly, the odds are about 50/50 if I get my passport. I might bring someone with me, such as Cactuar or Vidjo or Azen (probably cactuar) or I might not. This is just considerations for now, but is very possible. If you go to scrub-land and ban MK then I am not going though, because I don't support that
Most EU players are against the ban afaik. Especially the better tourney hosts are.

if any TOs read this please respond and see if something like that can be possible (if it's 2 tourneys that are back-to-back [like 6 days apart] and NEARBY each other that would also be acceptable).

should my first experience going here be good, I might go again.
Does that have something to do with MK maybe being banned in the US?

I would also need housing. I remember an offer that someone had to pay hundreds of dollars (basically most of my plane ticket) to train them for a week or so, so that's another reason I'm considering going.
Shouldn't be a problem...

I have no idea, what you try to achieve but the EU tourney scen is barely existent atm. We're busy trying to "resurrect" it. I assume until summer there'll be enough events.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
1. We most likely will not ban Meta Knight.

2. We've had many huge tournaments in the past (not as huge as American tournaments, but they're not really comparable). For now there's no telling if there will be anything really huge during the summer, but it's likely. You being interested would probably be an extra motivation to organise a tournament too.

3. I know Amsah has the NTSC version and he is probably familiar with it. I don't think most other players would really care about the differences, but I think Amsah is the person you'd want to fight the most anyway. That being said, I don't think there are a lot of NTSC copies around here in the first place, so a complete NTSC tournament wouldn't be an option.

If you're seriously interested in going to Europe, there's plenty of people who are more than happy to help you out with things like housing. In my opinion, The Netherlands is where you'll find the most interesting competition (both in Melee and Brawl), but I might be biased ;).

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202269

Retroking2000

Smash Master
1. We most likely will not ban Meta Knight.

2. We've had many huge tournaments in the past (not as huge as American tournaments, but they're not really comparable). For now there's no telling if there will be anything really huge during the summer, but it's likely. You being interested would probably be an extra motivation to organise a tournament too.

3. I know Amsah has the NTSC version and he is probably familiar with it. I don't think most other players would really care about the differences, but I think Amsah is the person you'd want to fight the most anyway. That being said, I don't think there are a lot of NTSC copies around here in the first place, so a complete NTSC tournament wouldn't be an option.

If you're seriously interested in going to Europe, there's plenty of people who are more than happy to help you out with things like housing. In my opinion, The Netherlands is where you'll find the most interesting competition (both in Melee and Brawl), but I might be biased ;).
Utto , man thats so biased lulz

although you guys have the number 1 melee player ,

i will try travel to netherlands , ;p

dutchland is smash central best competition .

lool he dont wanna come to a london - evo like tourney whats wrong with you lulz .
with streetfighter
GG
tekken and stuff
melee and brawl .

with over 113 players lulz

Tero.

Smash Champion
No reason to ban MK until now, i hope it stays that way.

Germany had a 60-70 people tournament last summer, chances are low that we (Yomi and me) host another bigger tournament this summer.
If youre looking for huge tournaments you should really consider going to Epita Smash Arena in Paris, ESA2 last year was the biggest european tournament ever.

Come to europe m2k.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
oh yeah thats right Tero ,

ESa3 is meant to be happening summer 09 .

234 combatants lulz attending esa2 .

btw your jigglypuff is awesome i need to have games with you someday ^_^ .

Luigi player

Smash Master
The top 3 (in Brawl) in Germany/Austria are probably:

Me, Serpit and reaper.

It would be really cool to play against you M2K, but I use Diddy, I hope you don't mind that XD I might not be able to travel though because I don't have much money right now...

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
serious M2K, if you´d come to an european turney there automaticly would be more than 200 people just want to touch you xD

Staco

Smash Champion
The top 3 (in Brawl) in Germany/Austria are probably:

Me, Serpit and reaper.

It would be really cool to play against you M2K, but I use Diddy, I hope you don't mind that XD I might not be able to travel though because I don't have much money right now...
... <<
you dont get it lp! rly <<

the only thing reaper is good at is spamming
and serpit isnt much better than me, maybe I am better now ...

and there are deffinetly other good egrman players
and you are not the top 3

sora beat your diddy 4 times!

and we played today and your diddy wasnt rly better than my mk, so shut up

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Idk how good staco is but LP is better than Serpit atm. He beat Serpit (I saw it, I was there) in 2 best of 7 sets. LP also beats me everytime, while I managed to beat Serpits Wario (and I also beat his MK with Bowser once...)...

Staco

Smash Champion
I think you will find the most and some of the best players of europe here in germany (brawl only)
and its the center of europe, so people of other countrys could come
smash royale, a big melee event was here in germany

the german also have got an extra smash community called german smashboards
http://forum.germansmash.de/
its the german version of smashboards.com
so you can see, we have got a rly big community in germany ^^

Öni

Smash Cadet
Blah just ignore my post (like I ignore Staco)
If you read it deal with it,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom