• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Europe, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staco

Smash Champion
european brawl is mostly based on wifi, atm (I know in sweden they play wifi a lot and here in germany its based on wifi)
the connection in europe isnt as bad as in america

one example that its really based on wifi: there is an online tourney, where you can win 300€ (this are 450 dollars, I think), if you win, and the enrty is free (an thats much money, for an european tourney, because there arent much big brawl tourneys in europe)

ah, and you asked for the best european brawl players, I think I can list some of them

aib is down atm, but there is a group of some europe pros, and I will look into it to list you the best players of the other countries

germany:
luigiplayer, reaper, serpit, staco

swedish:
pepito, the740, tninja

any1 wants to put sb. to this list? @ all, who know the best players of their country

if you want I can write you their main chars, too @ m2k

Sp@Rk_93

Smash Rookie
lol this is EXAKT the same bull**** as in the GSB kirby-main thread........and m2k im sure i would take 1 stock from you :D

Staco

Smash Champion
yeah, I wrote to much **** in this thread, sry

ah, and maybe you remember me, I added you in aim, m2k

Samochan

Smash Master
Well only italy has banned mk, but rest of the europeans aren't going to italian tournaments anyway. :p

If esa3 would be like, 3 day tourney then I'd think brawl tourney would be entirely possible to be held even with 200-300 people in there. The last venue was quite tight cause majority of the tv's were laggy so the others rooms were only sparingly used, but if the tv problem were fixed there would be enough space for quite lot of players on poilon's school. But you'd have to talk to slhoka and jd about this and maybe get something arranged if you're interested in coming.

Myself I don't fancy ntsc that much. Pal version has some really good nerfs there and there to make the top cast more balanced when versed against each other and the lower cast more viable in tournament play when there's no one ken comboing and chain grabbing them half of the time. There's many jigglypuffs players for example, peach does better against her top tier matchups, falcon does a bit better as well I think and falco verses better as well. Marth is still a beast even without the dair and can still catch people off guard with it and works when ledgehopping as well. Fsmash is more punishable when not tippered due to more windown lag, but makes it so it's dangerous to spam recklessly. Fox's firefox is shortened to a more reasonable levels, but fox can still make it back fairly well if they DI well and upsmash has been tweaked so that it's still one of fox's best kill moves, but one needs to focus on fox's other good aspects as well if they wanna build enough damage to ko. The matches take longer with pal fox so there's more room for mistakes too. Sheik is still as brutal as always, sheik has too good frame data and the weakened uair, while not killing peach anymore and making the matchup more balanced, is awesome in combos especially against space animals. Sheik's techchase from dthrow is too good as well.

I'd play ntsc if I went to america, japan or a place where ntsc version is the norm, but on regions where pal is the norm and accessible one I would not play ntsc instead of pal version. I like my matchups too much on pal, being a peach main. Nothing crazy to screw me over instantly, like ken combo or sheik chaingrab to stuff but I can still get edgeguarded to hell by marth or killed from sheik's grab if I'm not careful. I probably like that I have more control over even such situations, I wouldn't like not being able to do anything when I'm being Ko'ed. :/ But that's just me. Oh and I do love to edgeguard fox on pal version, oh yes. ^^

Temple of Marduk

Smash Rookie
Hey Mew2King,
I'm glad to read that you're considering to go europe ;)

Unfortunately the european smash community isnt nearly as huge as
the american one.
But there are some big (not huge :p ) tournements. And I am 100% convinced
that your appearance would be like "the best event ever" for some people
and tons of players would visit that tournement.
(a ridiciliously huge amount of people got a crush on you over here haha)

There are already discussions @germansmashboard whether the rumors are true or not. haha.
So you asked for the best european players?

Reaper (Rob and Diddy)
Serpit (Lucas)
Luigi_Player (Diddy)
are the best players in Germany and Austria. Serpit is also very well known
in entire europe. (His Lucas is kicking ***.)

I think it'd be a great experience for you to see how good european players are :]
It would be a great thing for the european community as well couse that way we could
figure out who the best european smashers are. xP

Of course there are some stupid guys, considering themselves as one of the best and showing off like
all the time.(I am obviously talking about Staco) He suffers under a serious inferiority complex. He shows up everywhere and says how good he is although noone asked him. In every single thread even in the Mew2King thread ><) Especially the fact that he tells luigi player "to shut up" because he didnt ranked him as one of the best players in germany is totally proving my point - isnt it?Except for this annoying characteristic he is actually quite nice. But if you're talking 24/7 about your great skill then noone will ever notice :s
Whatever.

Come to europe!!

Staco

Smash Champion
ehm, luigi player would ranked me as number 4 in germany/austria, so why should I worry about that? << (aksed him)
and I dont think I am one of the best, lol
or sth. like that
the fact was, m2k wanted to come to europe
and then every1 wants to play him, me too, so it would be very hard to get a match against him
and he asks for the best players out of europe, so I wanted to be listed, that he plays me ( do you see the sense, now? ^^)

L!te

Smash Apprentice
yo, im from germany but im an asien boy xD
i just want to say to the german players, that they just shut up.

@M2K
buuut germany is not a bad location. so when you come to germany, i think the other players in the other countrys will come to germany too. (because there are so many M2K fans/freaks in europe xD) im not your fan xP

Sp@Rk_93

Smash Rookie
Staco, did you ever show your porskill @ a offline tournament? i dont think so...

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
im 16, so no, lol
but I already told, that brawl is mostly based on wifi in europe
You cannot be serious. I am 14 (!) and have gone to several tournaments. That is absolutely no reason at all to not attend tournaments.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
im 16, so no, lol
but I already told, that brawl is mostly based on wifi in europe
In your private little reality maybe.

@everyone

Stop writing this BS about being good / best in EU or I'll report it as spam / off topic

Staco

Smash Champion
You cannot be serious. I am 14 (!) and have gone to several tournaments. That is absolutely no reason at all to not attend tournaments.
lucky guy, lol
I wished I would have parents, like you have

and gheb, tell me, where are all the tourneys, if brawl is based on ingame?
the most german brawlers play online
sure, they like to play offline
but the most of them, serpit, lp and reaper, too, attend online tourneys, too

and that means, its a lot based on online gaming, right?

Temple of Marduk

Smash Rookie
Guys I would be extremely grateful if you dont
argue here. We've got a german board where you
can have this fight. But not here. This thread is about
Mew2king eventually coming to Europe.
Its neither about Staco's soliloquies nor about flaming him.

So please quit this conversation right now unless you have any suggestions/ideas
about an european tournement or anything related with Mew2King.

Thanks!

Dolphin

Smash Rookie
Ok at first, one thing to M2K:

I don't really care if you come to Europe or not since I play online only.

But besides that, I just kinda re-activated this Account for writing this single post you are reading at the moment.
It makes me feel ashamed to see what kind of dumb people live in my country. We weren't always that popular in the other Countries of the world. Now, we reached an acceptable status and I don't want this status to get lost again just because some people can't behave in a normal way.
Let me say it in this way:

"Leute", if you aren't able to discuss in a normal way, I mean without ever repeating how "good you are" and stuff like that, why don't you discuss this via Private Messages? Your failure levels scare me, really. You don't seem to recognize that you ruin this Thread by writing **** and trying to show off yourself.
Please, do me a favour, STOP posting into this thread if you are not able to post something relevant.

So again, people reading this. I as a German feel sorry for what many Germans write and tell outside of Germany. I think it was really hard to get accepted again by other people. And as far as I can see, our image is really better at the moment and I don't want this image to get lost. I hope you all agree in that point.

I am sorry for the **** produced in this Thread and I look forward not seeing such posts in the "future".

Sp@Rk_93

Smash Rookie
One of the best german diddy kong players is BigBoss. M2K vs BigBoss would be the ultimative battle ^^

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Guys, this topic is going nowhere. Please, do not use it to tell everybody (or just M2k) how skilled you are. There's no point. If you want to discuss regional rankings, please take the discussion somewhere else. Also, saying something about the best players in Europe doesn't make any sense right now. There have been no international tournaments worth mentioning yet, so we can't tell. Also, online skills don't mean anything. If M2k wanted to see good online players, there would be no need for him to go to Europe.

So please, use this thread to reasonably answer M2k's questions. Off-topic posts beyond this post will be punished.

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
Guys, this topic is going nowhere. Please, do not use it to tell everybody (or just M2k) how skilled you are. There's no point. If you want to discuss regional rankings, please take the discussion somewhere else. Also, saying something about the best players in Europe doesn't make any sense right now. There have been no international tournaments worth mentioning yet, so we can't tell. Also, online skills don't mean anything. If M2k wanted to see good online players, there would be no need for him to go to Europe.

So please, use this thread to reasonably answer M2k's questions. Off-topic posts beyond this post will be punished.
Qft...

I would house M2k in ANY case.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
German brawl players spamming down the thread. o.O L!te, tea.. you are supposed to stop now.

There is definitly a lot of great melee players in Europe, and it would be a lot fun to watch you play them. Theres a lot more to the scene than people in this thread make it seem like, but I think you allready know that. I would bet on ESA3 right now, which is large, would contain both games and are problary well organized.(I wasn't there) Frenchmen are nice. :)

Luma

Smash Lord
i guess there would be even some people who would pay you that they can house you xD

(well not me because my housing is like super mega awesome, ask helios or faab xD)

from what i know, esa3 should be february, even though that might have changed, i'll ask slhoka about it

normally we have like 100 people per tournament, now with the new brawl-player + m2k coming it will be 200 for sure, if the venue is big enough maybe even more

the best thing you could do is adding someone on aim/msn/whatever who is really active in the eu scene, so he could inform you asap

edit: and staco, you suck

Faab

Smash Ace
His housing is indeed pretty awsome, specially the food 0_o

But the chanses of europeans playing a ntsc tournament is pretty much 0%.

Sp@Rk_93

Smash Rookie
if there is a top player with the name Freddy, it would be Freddy vs Jason XDDD

L!te

Smash Apprentice
ive just heard that in germany wont be a big tourney, so forget germany^^ i think french is the best location too

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
MK wont be banned till we got thorough look into this as europeans and as far as our tournaments go... also, M2K, i think if u went germany to Smash Royale which is like the most popular brawl / melee event, u'll find good people to play like Izaw and Serpit (Europe's best) and not only that they have a good melee community as wel.

We'll play PAL versions, idk y we would use NTSL or it would make a difference to ur gameplay... but its likely... im not sure about this, MLG hosted a tournament in Sweden and i think they use NTSL gamecubes.

Europe doesnt have a huge turnout size for tournaments... infact, europe's still is growing - u'll find tournaments were people come from 25+ which doesnt beat what USA has.

Housing would be given to you mate...

Staco

Smash Champion
maybe you should go to the location, where the most europeans can come to (centre of europe)
would be the best for all, I think
then the most players could go to it
not only because you
a big tourney with a lot of europes would be rly nice to make offline brawl gaming more competive in europe

and then you have to play 3 days without break playing everyone (400 players, I think) a best of 3, haha xD

^^

Yeniths

East Midlands!
mk Wont Be Banned Till We Got Thorough Look Into This As Europeans And As Far As Our Tournaments Go... Also, M2k, I Think If U Went Germany To Smash Royale Which Is Like The Most Popular Brawl / Melee Event, U'll Find Good People To Play Like Izaw And Serpit (europe's Best) And Not Only That They Have A Good Melee Community As Wel.

We'll Play Pal Versions, Idk Y We Would Use Ntsl Or It Would Make A Difference To Ur Gameplay... But Its Likely... Im Not Sure About This, Mlg Hosted A Tournament In Sweden And I Think They Use Ntsl Gamecubes.

Europe Doesnt Have A Huge Turnout Size For Tournaments... Infact, Europe's Still Is Growing - U'll Find Tournaments Were People Come From 25+ Which Doesnt Beat What Usa Has.

Housing Would Be Given To You Mate...
NTSC :p .

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
K, only like a handful of italians want to ban MK. MK will not be banned in europe, ever, a handful of italians just need to grow some balls and get good at the game instead of johning.

There will be a big europe tournament summer 09, there is so much demand for it atm someone will come up with the goods and we will come flocking.

Nintendo are so f***ing dumb, why release different versions of the same game..

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i'd go where ever you go M2K xD (wtf... sounds wierd.. is wierd... whatever)

i think the best places for you to go would be netherlands or paris, where you can find a big smash community in one place...

I have to admit the Tourney scene in Germany isnt very big, we had a few good sized tournaments lately, but nothing by US standards i guess...

If you`d decide to come to Germany we`d host Smash Royale 2 ofcourse (was a Melee+Brawl tournament with 60 attendants i think.) so the second one would be bigger :).
but srsly, germany is NOT your best choice
if you have the money for it, i`d advice you to make something like a trip through europe, and make the ppl. where you go host several tournaments (i think there WILL be a tournament in any country if you decide to go there and announce it in time for sth. to be organized)

Ryuker

Smash Lord
if you have the money for it, i`d advice you to make something like a trip through europe, and make the ppl. where you go host several tournaments (i think there WILL be a tournament in any country if you decide to go there and announce it in time for sth. to be organized)
That's about the best advice someone can give USA players when going to europe. I'd do the same if I were you. We're planning on attending the large tournaments in the USA in the summer and were not just planning on going to 1 tournament. We're also planning on sightseeing and travelling all over the place. If you wanna see all that the euro scene has to offer the best advice is to travel to the major country's and attend tournaments there.

If you plan on going to one tournament though the biggest we had were ESA2(paris) and ROX4 (Varrberg, Sweden). It's very likely that one of those is going to have another incarnation next summer although nothing has been confirmed. That's not to say those are the only tournaments I'd recommend going too though since we had quite a lot of well ran tournaments with big turn outs in the past.

Most likely all of the top players will be attending one of the large ones in the summer but that depends if it doesn't conflict with the plans for the USA trip. But the top 10 players are scattered over a lot of different country's though. So if you want to play them all best is to travell to a few tournaments. Otherwise you just gotta calculate were the players you want to play would go .
If you want to play amsah:
- He lives in the Netherlands so he'll be at a dutch event for sure.
- He'll probably travell to france or sweden or germany ( since it's close) if your there.

If you want to play Armada:
- Lives in sweden
- Had problems with ESA2 so might not travell to france again, will be at a swedish one for sure.

So on. Look at the melee powerrankings to get an idea of what players are top 10 in europe and look for some recent results. I'd personally like too see you play( in no particular order): Amsah, Aldwyn, Calle W, Armada, Makenshi, Adam, Zgetto, Faab, Nnja. But there a lot more good players and I probably forgot a dozen of them.

Also another interesting fact is that CJ often shows up in France since he studied french.

I don't know enough about the euro brawl scene but I do know that of the foreigners attending dutch brawl tourneys none has won one so were still undefeated for now. But it's the same story with that game: Players are scattered out over different country's.

Like most other have said housing will probably not be a problem for USA players. If you don't want to stay with other players but rather stay in an Hotel then the cost is different for every country. But since a lot of euro players are dieing to see you guys play our best you'll find finding housing to be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom