• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Hey baby! How's it going?" - Rhythm Heaven's Karate Joe for Smash Ultimate!

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
So... what's Karate Joe's spirit battle like?
Well Karate Joe's Spirit Battle have you against a White Alt Ryu who limb attacks are powered up but overall prefers ulizing his Smash Attacks, on Omega Suzaku Castle with Rhythm Boxing playing, where every once in awhile, the stage is flooded by a swarm of crates. Here's the part of the video where I first witness Karate Joe's Spirit Battle but be careful since it does contain WoL Location Spoiler.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well I didn’t even know this thread existed! I fully support Karate Joe. RH really needs a character and I can’t come up with many choices as good as Joe.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Well I didn’t even know this thread existed! I fully support Karate Joe. RH really needs a character and I can’t come up with many choices as good as Joe.
Sorry, I've been inactive a while! I'll add you to the support list right away!

?????????????

Smash Master
Hey, I forgot to ever post this here! Karate Joe is one of my favorite ideas for a Smash newcomer, so I made this video about it.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Hey, I forgot to ever post this here! Karate Joe is one of my favorite ideas for a Smash newcomer, so I made this video about it.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, but this is absolutely fantastic! I'll definitely add you to the supporters and this video to the Other People's Ideas section, if that's alright by you!

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Well, someone leaked the roster completely wrong, and they said according to the fake poster they found that the Chorus Kids were going to be in Smash. Vergeben said that only Ken and Incineroar were going to be revealed. It turns out that on 11 - 1 - 18, what Vergeben said was true and the Chorus Kids never made it into Smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, someone leaked the roster completely wrong, and they said according to the fake poster they found that the Chorus Kids were going to be in Smash. Vergeben said that only Ken and Incineroar were going to be revealed. It turns out that on 11 - 1 - 18, what Vergeben said was true and the Chorus Kids never made it into Smash.
Ah yes, one leak that had them turned out to be fake and therefore they can't be in.

Newsflash dumbass that leak also had Banjo-Kazooie.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey gang, here's a question for ya. A friend of mine is looking to get Megamix, but he's new to the series so he asked me whether it's a good game to start out. Now the thing is, I haven't played Megamix, so I don't know. Mind lending a hand?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Megamix is the best game imo. It brought the best games of the onder versions, and brought some of the best new ones. The remixes are amazing and challenge land is super fun (and frustrating). Megamix has the most minigames and thus the most worth for your money.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
https://smashboards.com/threads/temporary-ultimate-social-thread.484266/page-625#post-23421220

You think IF this supposed information is true, it'd mean bad news for a Rhythm Paradise character? There happens to be at least a couple other viable RP representatives that aren't spirits (Tibby, Barista, Tap Trial Girl?), and it might not even count if it's some kind of hybrid character of a "team" of Rhythm characters (like Kimmotman draws, ala Duck Hunt), that thus doesn't work for an existing spirit. And even so that sorta goes into questions of Spirit inclusion like "did they definitively decide to keep this character out of the list IN CASE they were going to make them a DLC?" "Would an absence in certain spirits be too much of a giveaway to certain characters as DLC?"

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Fighter pass is third party bonanza
more dlc
individual dlc
individual tends to be riskier I wanna say? (Piranha, Corrin arguably)
most popular first party series not playable...
is it time...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, with Byleth being a 1st party character added as DLC, what do you all think of Rhythm Heaven's chances now?

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Soooo something I noticed regarding Rhythm Heaven as a character for FP2.

The second set of DLC was said to be finalised by November because that's when Byleth's thing was shot where they said the DLC has already been picked. But IDK if it could have been long before that date when the finalisation was first made if (according to Opossum and others, apparently) negotiations for Banjo were at April of the year FP1 was coincidentally also said to be finalised by November.
https://smashboards.com/threads/soc...ur-eternal-doom.484266/page-624#post-23421220

Looking at Tsunku's tweets, he talks about being hypothetically up to do a Rhythm Heaven Switch game in March - maybe May 2019
“Oh. If there’s everyone perhaps I’d do it. RT @sayurianeki: Tsunku, could you please make Rhythm Heaven for Switch?”
(IDK proper translation but according to Google translate: "Thank you very much. I'll do my best to be connected next! What was innovative about RT “Rhythm Heaven”? Tsunku ♂ New “sound game” form (real sound)-Yahoo! News https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190507-00010004-realsound-ent
@YahooNewsTopics")

So that's a 6-8 month period for Tsunku to hypothetically introduce/see introduced and be a part of a new Rhythm Heaven game (or at least a much easier "collection" rerelease of the games or something) in which they'd also pick it to be promoted as DLC for Smash FP2. And maybe the sentiment of wanting to bring more 3DS franchises to Switch was having its seeds planted before its mention alongside the Switch Lite's success in Halloween 2019, which was right before they filmed the Byleth thing.
BUT SO if there's negotiations needed to be made for third parties LONG in advance, would a first party character also need to be set in stone alongside those, assuming it wasn't merely "slot for a first party here, decide later" or something? Would Nintendo have just plotted at least a good idea of the plan of how Fighter's Pass 2 was going to go before this hypothetical new Rhythm Heaven thing was brought up, EVEN if it was within the aforementioned 6-8 month period?
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-338#post-23455293

If so, this mean Rhythm Heaven didn't have a new game/rerelease to ride on chances with in terms of being in FP2, not making it impossible though...

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Count me in as a supporter of Karate Joe (and a Rhythm Heaven representative in general)! I love the idea of a rhythm-based fighter like this and having another universe officially represented playable-y is always welcomed, especially a fun first party representative such as this from Nintendo. Also I love this song and hope it gets into Smash if a Rhythm Heaven rep ever makes it in, as a memento to our hopes and dreams for an amazing Smash roster <3:

Last edited:

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Boy its been a while. ('m gonna post this piece in various other RH threads, sorry) Hope is at an all time low and I'm not like super hopeful but... we can't give up completely can we? I mean Arms was "presumed dead" and then... yeah. There are 2 ways to look at its inclusion, one of which hurts us, but one helps. It's inclusion right after Byleth makes me very much think we'll get at least 1 more first party fighter, quite possibly 2 maybe even 3 (especially since its been ages since anything leaked for smash, though I can't see less then at least 2 third party fighters) but if Arms was added purely for promotion then... we might be a bit screwed. Yes Megamix was only 2 years before Arms but... Arms is on the switch is the big deal to me. However... Arms has another aspect. In interviews Sakurai said Arms was considered for the base roster but didn't make the cut due to timing. As for DLC he said the Arms team requested it. Revisiting old ideas... requests... must I say more? Requests might not be as obvious but if Tsunku is asking us to make our voices heard for a new Rhythm Heaven then... he'd ask... right? Not to mention he literally retweeted a Rhythm Heaven in Smash animation right before asking one of those times. Honestly, when I actually sit down and think about everything... it seems very much plausible... but that optimism quickly fades. There's plenty against it of course, I won't talk about that here since I'm sure you all are aware. All we can do is hope. Lastly I'd like to make a double plug of sorts. While I do not own this account entirely, the owner (Jomspoons, the guy who made the Karate Joe thread) gave me tweetdeck access a while ago. The account kinda died but I've decided to revive it, check it out maybe? https://twitter.com/RH4Smash you may notice the most recent retweet is from my personal. RH in smash history documentary maybe? It'd likely be at least 25 minutes, frankly could be an hour but I'll try to be reasonable. Keep your rhythm up!

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Hey guys, I have a question for you. What’s your favorite Karate Man song? Mine’s Lonely Storm.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
What's up? I've come with a list of what songs i'd like Karate Joe to come with, this is on top of the songs already in the game, which are Blue Birds, Monkey Watch and Fruit Basket, so those would be moved to the RH section,

GENERAL:
Built To Scale Medley (Includes Polyrhythm, Built to Scale DS, Built to Scale Wii)
Samurai Slice Medley (Includes Samurai Slice GBA, Samurai Slice Wii, Samurai Slice Wii 2, Super Samurai Slice)
Title Screen Medley

RHYTHM TENGOKU:
Karate Man
Rhythm Tweezers
Spaceball
Clappy Trio
Remix 1
Sneaky Spirits
Sick Beats
Remix 2
Bunny Hop
Space Dance
Remix 3
Nightwalk
Power Calligraphy+Ninja Bodyguard
Rap Men
Toss Boys
Tap Trial
Remix 5
Cosmos Dance
Remix 6
Bouncy Road 2
Remix 8

RHYTHM HEAVEN DS:
Glee Club
Fillbots
Fan Club (JP lyrics)
Rhythm Rally
Shoot-Em'-Up
Moai Doo-Wop
Remix 2 DS
Crop Stomp
Freeze Frame
The Dazzles (JP lyrics)
Remix 3 DS
Munchy Monk
DJ School
Splashdown
Remix 4 DS
Dog Ninja
Frog Hop (English lyrics)
Frog Hop (JP lyrics)
Lockstep
Karate Man Kicks/Struck by the Rain (English lyrics)
Karate Man Kicks/Struck by the Rain (JP lyrics)
Airboarders
Rhythm Rally 2
Lockstep 2
Remix 8 DS
Munchy Monk 2
Remix 10 DS

RHYTHM HEAVEN FEVER:
Hole in One
Screwbot Factory
See-Saw
Fork Lifter
Tambourine
Board Meeting
Remix 2 Fever
Working Dough
Air Rally
Figure Fighter
Remix 3 Fever (English lyrics)
Remix 3 Fever (JP lyrics)
Ringside
Packing Pests
Remix 4 Fever
Catch of the Day
Flipper Flop
Exhibition Match
Flockstep
Launch Party
Donk-Donk
Remix 6 Fever
Tap Troupe
Cheer Readers
Karate Man Combos/Lonely Storm (English Lyrics)
Karate Man Combos/Lonely Storm (JP Lyrics)
Night Walk Fever/Dreams of our Generation (English Lyrics)
Night Walk Fever/Dreams of our Generation (JP Lyrics)
Remix 8 Fever (English Lyrics)
Remix 8 Fever (JP Lyrics)
Cheer Readers 2
Hole in One 2
Screwbot Factory 2
Remix 9 Fever (English Lyrics)
Remix 9 Fever (JP Lyrics)
Micro-Row 2
Remix 10 Fever (Karate Man and Night Walk sections in English)
Manzai Birds

RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX:
Catchy Tune
Sumo Brothers
First Contact
Tongue Lashing
LumBEARjack
Machine Remix
Second Contact
Citrus Remix
Animal Acrobat
LumBEARjack 2
Tangotronic 3000
Pajama Party
Blue Bear
Kitties!
Left-Hand Remix
Right-Hand Remix
Final Remix

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
What's up? I've come with a list of what songs i'd like Karate Joe to come with, this is on top of the songs already in the game, which are Blue Birds, Monkey Watch and Fruit Basket, so those would be moved to the RH section,

GENERAL:
Built To Scale Medley (Includes Polyrhythm, Built to Scale DS, Built to Scale Wii)
Samurai Slice Medley (Includes Samurai Slice GBA, Samurai Slice Wii, Samurai Slice Wii 2, Super Samurai Slice)
Title Screen Medley

RHYTHM TENGOKU:
Karate Man
Rhythm Tweezers
Spaceball
Clappy Trio
Remix 1
Sneaky Spirits
Sick Beats
Remix 2
Bunny Hop
Space Dance
Remix 3
Nightwalk
Rap Men
Toss Boys
Tap Trial
Remix 5
Cosmos Dance
Remix 6
Bouncy Road 2
Remix 8

RHYTHM HEAVEN DS:
Glee Club
Fillbots
Fan Club (JP lyrics)
Rhythm Rally
Shoot-Em'-Up
Moai Doo-Wop
Remix 2 DS
Crop Stomp
Freeze Frame
The Dazzles (JP lyrics)
Remix 3 DS
Munchy Monk
DJ School
Splashdown
Remix 4 DS
Dog Ninja
Frog Hop (JP lyrics)
Lockstep
Airboarders
Rhythm Rally 2
Lockstep 2
Remix 8 DS
Munchy Monk 2
Remix 10 DS

RHYTHM HEAVEN FEVER:
Hole in One
Screwbot Factory
See-Saw
Fork Lifter
Tambourine
Board Meeting
Remix 2 Fever
Working Dough
Air Rally
Figure Fighter
Remix 3 Fever (English lyrics)
Remix 3 Fever (JP lyrics)
Ringside
Packing Pests
Remix 4 Fever
Catch of the Day
Flipper Flop
Exhibition Match
Flockstep
Launch Party
Donk-Donk
Remix 6 Fever
Tap Troupe
Cheer Readers
Night Walk Fever/Dreams of our Generation (English Lyrics)
Night Walk Fever/Dreams of our Generation (JP Lyrics)
Remix 8 Fever (English Lyrics)
Remix 8 Fever (JP Lyrics)
Cheer Readers 2
Hole in One 2
Screwbot Factory 2
Micro-Row 2
Remix 10 Fever (Karate Man and Night Walk sections in English)
Manzai Birds

RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX:
Catchy Tune
Sumo Brothers
First Contact
Tongue Lashing
LumBEARjack
Machine Remix
Second Contact
Citrus Remix
Animal Acrobat
LumBEARjack 2
Tangotronic 3000
Pajama Party
Blue Bear
Kitties!
Left-Hand Remix
Right-Hand Remix
Final Remix
Did a few tweaks to the song list. Added some tempo up songs to include the arcade game and complete the Karate Man collection, also added a few more songs, combined a few into combo songs along the lines of bloody tears/monster dance, and took a few off.
GENERAL:
Samurai Slice Medley (Includes Samurai Slice GBA, Samurai Slice Endless, Samurai Slice Wii, Super Samurai Slice)
Title Screen Medley

RHYTHM TENGOKU:
Karate Man
Rhythm Tweezers
Spaceball
Clappy Trio
Remix 1
Sneaky Spirits
Rat Race
Sick Beats
Remix 2
Showtime+Tram and Poline
Bunny Hop
Space Dance
Remix 3-Honey Sweet Angel of Love
Nightwalk
Rap Men
Tap Trial/Turbo Tap Trial
Remix 5-WISH Can't Wait For You
Snappy Trio
The Bon Dance
Cosmos Dance
Remix 6
Bouncy Road 2
Remix 8

RHYTHM TENGOKU ARCADE:
Karate Man Tempo Up!
Marching Orders Tempo Up!
Remix 1 Tempo Up!

RHYTHM HEAVEN DS:
Game Select Theme
Glee Club
Fillbots
Fan Club (JP lyrics)
Blue Birds
Rhythm Rally
Shoot-Em'-Up
Moai Doo-Wop
Remix 2 DS
Love Lizards
Crop Stomp
Freeze Frame
The Dazzles (JP lyrics)
Remix 3 DS
Munchy Monk+Drummer Duel
DJ School
Love Lab
Remix 4 DS
Splashdown
Dog Ninja
Frog Hop (JP lyrics)
Lockstep
Airboarder (English Lyrics)
Airboarder (JP Lyrics)
Rhythm Rally 2
Blue Birds 2
Lockstep 2
Remix 8 DS
Remix 9 DS
Munchy Monk 2
Rockers 2
Remix 10 DS
DS Endless Games Medley (contains Coin Toss, Tunnel, Glass Tappers, maybe a few sound effects from Rhythmove Dungeon)

RHYTHM HEAVEN FEVER:
Screwbot Factory
See-Saw
Fork Lifter
Tambourine+Board Meeting
Monkey Watch
Remix 2 Fever
Working Dough
Air Rally
Figure Fighter
Remix 3 Fever-I Feel Fine!! (English lyrics)
Remix 3 Fever-I Feel Fine!! (JP lyrics)
Ringside
Packing Pests
Remix 4 Fever
Catch of the Day
Flipper Flop
Exhibition Match
Flockstep
Launch Party
Donk-Donk
Remix 6 Fever
Tap Troupe
Shrimp Shuffle
Cheer Readers
Nightwalk Fever/Dreams of our Generation (English Lyrics)
Nightwalk Fever/Dreams of our Generation (JP Lyrics)
Samurai Slice 2
Remix 8 Fever-I Love You (English Lyrics)
Remix 8 Fever-I Love You (JP Lyrics)
Cheer Readers 2
Hole in One 2
Screwbot Factory 2
Micro-Row 2
Remix 10 Fever (Karate Man and Nightwalk sections in English)
Wii Endless Games Medley (Contains Manzai Birds, Munchy Monk Wii, Kung Fu Ball, Pirate Crew, and Endless Remix)

RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX:
Catchy Tune
Fruit Basket
Tongue Lashing
Sumo Brothers
Lush Remix (JP)
Catchy Tune 2
Fruit Basket 2
Machine Remix (JP)
Second Contact
Citrus Remix
Animal Acrobat
LumBEARjack 2
Tangotronic 3000
Songbird Remix
Pajama Party
Blue Bear
Kitties!
Jungle Gymnast
Karate Man Senior
Left Hand Remix
Right Hand Remix
Final Remix
Charging Chicken

Last edited:

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Hi! I am here because I would like to say I support! I think Karate Joe would be a very interesting and unique type of fighter, since he would be rhythm-based and his attacks may require proper timing in that way. I love Rhythm Heaven, it's one of my favorite games!

EpicPokéBoi

Smash Rookie
I’m here to say I firmly believe that Karate Joe will be the final character reveal for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Rhythm Heaven just seems like something that deserves to have a fighter and Karate Joe as the first thing you see in Rhythm Tengoku really bumps his chances I feel.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Hey sign me up as a supporter.

I do think Karate Joe should have been playable in the game as opposed to Isabella (Who could have easily been added as an echo For Villager).

Top Bottom