• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
I'm up, heh.

i think there's 45 mins left.
I dont know where the video will show up, but probably on the youtube smash channel, and hopefully twitter.
Where can I find the presentation?
I assume since they already know how long the video is going to be that it's already been recorded, so the entire thing won't be streamed but rather it's just a video that gets uploaded to Nintendo's Youtube. Well, that's my hypothesis anyway.

LethalHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
I assume since they already know how long the video is going to be that it's already been recorded, so the entire thing won't be streamed but rather it's just a video that gets uploaded to Nintendo's Youtube. Well, that's my hypothesis anyway.
Yeah, that is a possibility. Nintendo's twitch channel still has the E3 banner on it so it could just be a video.
However, it could still be streamed. Otherwise, I don't think they would say "tune in".

I think they might just have Sakurai play the game and show him off.
The picture they used show him with a controller and it says "demo" so it could be a streamed video of him playing.

Either way, video or stream, I am very thrilled for the Avat...I mean Hero news and release date.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm up!

Unfortunate that it looks like there won't be a stream link, so I'm just refreshing Nintendo's YouTube and Twitter.

Edit: Here's the YouTube link, it's where I think it will show up: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/videos

Edit 2: and the Twitter link, but I'm not 100% sure it will be the Versus link or not: https://twitter.com/NintendoVS

Edit 3: Yeesh, 2 minutes left and still, no link. Japan must be panicking right now.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Hmm, their names are Eleven, Solo, Eight and...Arusu? What's that from?

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Of the songs I really wanted 3/4 got in!

Also, the one DQ3 mii fighter is the Martial Artist, my favourite one.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The female Heroes didn't show up after all, *sigh*

At least we have a Veronica Mii costume, and the Martial Artist Mii can be female, I guess.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Heroes has more then two song so everyone thinking that is wrong we got two songs for each characters game awesome

GolisoPower

Smash Master
That was pretty crazy.

While yeah, the fact that the spells on Hero's Command Selection are random, they still seem pretty strong. Like, Zoom seems absolutely OP and Thwack is just bonkers. Though we have no idea if Oomph and Psyche Up will stack on one another for wacko amounts of damage.

Also, Erdrick's real name is Arusu?! I didn't even know he had an actual name like that!

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
He did the Chest/Cannibox thing just as I said that time! (Well is not a regular item and don't have the Minimedal, but excluding this is exactly like I said)

Calane

Smash Ace
I'm quite impressed! But it honestly wouldn't take much to make me happy with DQ being in Smash.

Not sure how I feel about the Down-B being random, but it's only one move so I don't see it as too big of a problem.

Very happy that we got more than two songs, and we even got some Mii Costumes! Great stuff all around!

Can't wait to try them out myself, they look really fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WAR CRY IS IN THE GAME PEOPLE.

Sad that Hero comes on July 31st instead of today for me doh, for some weird reason.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The random crits i think is what's going to be annoying to talk about with people at tournaments. I can imagine a lot of salt for losing to that.
Other than that I'm really surprised and glad to see how they did the random spells. and.. acceleratle :O

The female Heroes didn't show up after all, *sigh*

At least we have a Veronica Mii costume, and the Martial Artist Mii can be female, I guess.
it's sad that sakurai didn't even talk about the female versions at all. I would've liked to at least know what his thoughts on them were.
Now i'll be waiting for the patch to see what else is in smash.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also, I dont know how many people noticed, but MP recovers on its own AND when you hit someone.
It recovers a lot when you hit someone, actually :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really like the music selection!

Kinda sucks that it just seems to be the MIDI tracks, but hey, they're still great.
Still awesome to have the wonderful War Cry in the game even as a MIDI.

I’m gonna blast the hell out of that tune for a long time.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The random crits i think is what's going to be annoying to talk about with people at tournaments. I can imagine a lot of salt for losing to that.
Like TF2 taught us, RaNdOm cRiTs ArE fAiR aNd BaLaNcEd!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol, people are celebrating with me the presence of this amount of DQ8 content with me at the Geno server.

Calane

Smash Ace
Also, I'm glad Sakurai cleared up the name thing.

It was driving me up the wall seeing people all around the internet saying "the heroes don't have canon names!" and calling them all numbers...

Maybe that'll stop now, lol.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Also, I'm glad Sakurai cleared up the name thing.

It was driving me up the wall seeing people all around the internet saying "the heroes don't have canon names!" and calling them all numbers...

Maybe that'll stop now, lol.
I mean most of the smash fan base is ignorant to that fact that's what we have to deal with when a new series joins the party

LethalHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!
HE CAN DO ALMOST EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm calling it right now, there's going to be skill for how fast someone can open and close the command menu and look at which spells there are to use. To fish for a good spell (or a buff)

Careful not to close it on a good spell ;p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also, we saw f-air, it's a normal slash forward, which i'm glad about

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Looking back at the Spells, I now have so many questions.

1) Can Metal Slash OHKO characters that have picked up the Metal Box?
2) What are all the effects you can get out of Hocus Pocus?
3) What does Sizzle do? We have no idea at all what it does ever since we saw it in the E3 trailer.
4) Are there more spells to choose from besides the ones shown?
5) How much range does Thwack even have?
6) Can Hatchet Man/Critical Hits shield-break?

Top Bottom