• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
One thing you expect to be seen in the direct. I just hope they show the entire hero's moveset and explain how the spell menu works and give the departure date which they have already said will be
My biggest concern is that the spell menu may be randomized like that one rumor suggested. It can most likely be worked around, sure, but I'm still not a huge fan of inconsistent movesets.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
My biggest concern is that the spell menu may be randomized like that one rumor suggested. It can most likely be worked around, sure, but I'm still not a huge fan of inconsistent movesets.
Honestly, he'd be screwed. I can't imagine not knowing what options you have would be competitively viable and your opponent can see what spells your changing to already. Then again, we know everyone's movesets already so maybe I'm overreacting.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You know, after Sakurai said that the demonstration wouldn't be scripted, I have higher hopes that the Menu isn't randomized.

Can you imagine the NIGHTMARE that would be trying to get all of the magic spells shown off... through a randomizer? Why of all presentations would he make Hero's scriptless, when he'd need a script the most if his spells appear randomly? It's not the best character choice and mechanic to go scriptless with.

I can already imagine 22 minutes of:

"Ok, so here's Zoom and... shimata, it's not there... just wait.... Ok, Down+B again and... nothing ... 3rd time's the char-.... NOTHING! *mashes Down+B histerically* oh, yatta desu".

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
You know, after Sakurai said that the demonstration wouldn't be scripted, I have higher hopes that the Menu isn't randomized.

Can you imagine the NIGHTMARE that would be trying to get all of the magic spells shown off... through a randomizer? Why of all presentations would he make Hero's scriptless, when he'd need a script the most if his spells appear randomly? It's not the best character choice and mechanic to go scriptless with.

I can already imagine 22 minutes of:

"Ok, so here's Zoom and... shimata, it's not there... just wait.... Ok, Down+B again and... nothing ... 3rd time's the char-.... NOTHING! *mashes Down+B histerically* oh, yatta desu".
True. I hope you can choose the spells in the end tomorrow we will leave doubts

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just because it's unscripted doesn't mean it's not edited heavily to get in what they wanted to show. And I kinda doubt it's all unscripted, especially to show off the mii costumes and everything else.

Well, not long to find out :p

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just because it's unscripted doesn't mean it's not edited heavily to get in what they wanted to show. And I kinda doubt it's all unscripted, especially to show off the mii costumes and everything else.

Well, not long to find out :p
So if you think about it...Sakurai’s doing a Let’s Play of Smash Bros Ultimate 4.0 as Hero.

D

Deleted member

I think that when Hero drops I will take a break from the internet in general.

I fear that I think too much about the world as a whole instead of my own sanity, and I need to change that for a while.

As they say in the Lion King, I need a big “Hakuna Mattata” energy for a while.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I fear that I think too much about the world as a whole instead of my own sanity, and I need to change that for a while.

You can focus on having fun and training ;)

Hard to believe it's finally happening in the next 2 days

D

Deleted member

You know the Hero will release in probably two days, I often wondered if Rasmus Hardiker, Hikaru Midorikawa (Marth), and Junichi Kanemaru (Sonic) are going to reprise their role as Luminary, Erdrick, and Solo respectively.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know the Hero will release in probably two days, I often wondered if Rasmus Hardiker, Hikaru Midorikawa (Marth), and Junichi Kanemaru (Sonic) are going to reprise their role as Luminary, Erdrick, and Solo respectively.
Nintendo has worked with Rasmus with seemingly no problem (He was Tora in Xenoblade 2), so I'm not too doubtful that they'll get Rasmus to play as the Luminary.

Also, Marth's and Sonic's Japanese VAs played Erdrick and Solo?! Huh. Guess you learn something new every day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Good idea, I would suggest coming back in February to see if anything major comes up, as far as speculation goes.

D

Deleted member

Good idea, I would suggest coming back in February to see if anything major comes up, as far as speculation goes.
Honestly, yeah.

People could just send me a PM through Discord or Twitter if they wanted to tell me anything anyway.

But I need time to myself, and stop thinking about pleasing so many people.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, yeah.

People could just send me a PM through Discord or Twitter if they wanted to tell me anything anyway.

But I need time to myself, and stop thinking about pleasing so many people.
:O
I mean, if you think you need that long. but I thought you meant more something like a few days off the internet.
Hero's releasing soon so im sure you'll be curious what people are all talking about and maybe join in too.

But yeah you should be thinking about enjoying yourself more and not worrying too much what others think.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
12 hours left. ;)

Whoever's able to go sleep in the next hours will be able to wake up well in time for it.

D

Deleted member

I normally wake up around that time so I'm happy I'll be able to watch it.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Yeah.. i'll be sleeping at that time so if anything notable happens i'll just find out later I guess

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Got an exam right before, so I'll check it out after. Won't be done for a couple hours after though.

Can't wait though!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think I can admit this, but I woke up this morning at 5:30 in the morning to see the demonstration, only to realize after 6 AM that it wasn't the 30th today xD

Gonna try again and hope it's the 30th tomorrow, will continue until I get it right

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think I can admit this, but I woke up this morning at 5:30 in the morning to see the demonstration, only to realize after 6 AM that it wasn't the 30th today xD

Gonna try again and hope it's the 30th tomorrow, will continue until I get it right
oo harsh ;p Well I was off on the time too, at first I thought it was going to be like in a few hours from now.
Less than 12 hours tho, so getting close.

gonna change to my girl sophia until it :)

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I appreciate what we're getting but man, not gonna lie it would have been rad to get sophia and female Erdrick alt skins

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The past few weeks I've been going down memory lane and reading the entire Erdrick support thread again. Not too closely, mind you, it's 144 pages of posts, but I was skimming it in my free time.

It was very turbulent in terms of how other users would treat us, but overall pleasant amongst each other discussing the possibility. After tons of moveset concepts, humoring of the rumors about Dragon Quest in Smash, discussion of the games we'd played, and playthroughs of the games we hadn't gotten around to yet, we finally got Erdrick in Smash at E3 2019, along with the protagonists of Dragon Quest IV, VIII, and XI. Their moveset was everything we could have dreamed of, great sword normals combined with a magic menu to select tons of different special moves, and an MP gauge gimmick to balance it all. Their trailer was grandiose and epic, and I still rewatch it daily, as well as the Nintendo World Store reaction to see that not all westerners are as apathetic toward The Hero as others are.

The only real disappointment, and this was a big one for some of us, was the lack of Sofia from Dragon Quest IV (as they went to the trouble of including her male counterpart Solo) and the female version of Erdrick. As Dragon Quest III and IV were significant games, in part, because they were some of the earliest mainstream games to let players choose their gender, it was a big missed opportunity that deflated a few of us' excitement by a lot. This was even more ironic considering that, when we thought it would only be Erdrick, that we were sure they would include both genders, as well as when we discussed the possibility of Erdrick getting the Koopalings treatment, we still felt that four out of eight color slots would go to both genders of the Dragon Quest III and IV protagonists. We didn't see the possibility of only four unique heroes with one recolor each, and for only the male versions to be playable.

So I'm still holding out hope that the demonstration tomorrow can address this issue. Like I said yesterday, it would make The Hero 100% perfect in my eyes as a representation of all things Dragon Quest.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Please.

Please surprise us and include them, as an Echo Fighter, or expanded number of color slots, or somehow.

The demonstration says it's gonna be 22 minutes, that's longer than the Joker + 3.0 update trailer that dropped in April (15 minutes and 30 seconds). I'm prepared if it just means that they need to go over all the moves for The Hero, of which they have a LOT, or if the 4.0 update is meatier than the 3.0 one, but I'm really hoping that it also means that they might include the female Heroes after all and, because they weren't shown earlier, detail who they are and why they were included, or something, which would need a little extra time.

I know this is a stretch and if it doesn't happen, I won't be surprised. But just a little more, just two more unique models, that I know would take a lot of time to add, but that I also know would mean the world to people, would make The Hero absolutely perfect in my eyes.
It won't happen, but I am hoping that something is announced to make the female Heroes playable.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
An echo is a hard maybe for heroine, but besides those 2 who would they use? Or each get 4 colors based on other females(Bianca,jessica etc.)

Wouldn't mind it. Maybe some different spells like bang instead of sizzle but this is a hard stretch. I wouldn't mind an echo pass for like $5 tbh.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
An echo is a hard maybe for heroine, but besides those 2 who would they use? Or each get 4 colors based on other females(Bianca,jessica etc.)

Wouldn't mind it. Maybe some different spells like bang instead of sizzle but this is a hard stretch. I wouldn't mind an echo pass for like $5 tbh.
The only Viable options are Anlucia and the DQIX female protagonist unless you also want to delve into spin off territory like the female leads of the Heroes games.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There's reasons you dont close on possibilities. And just like there were tons of people that said dragon quest wouldn't be in smash, or have much to the moveset, because they're used to thinking a certain way, Sakurai totally demolished that and went far beyond what people could've thought.

Whether something special happens a certain way or another, or doesn't, tomorow's sakurai's chance to show everything he didnt want to show from the get-go, including all the details, the mechanics, and else. So just enjoy what he has to offer and show us, and I see no harm in being open for things that are possible.

Hope you all enjoy the show and seeing more about the heroes. See yas tomorow ;)

Last edited:

LethalHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
I legit refuse to sleep until the Hero direct comes on. 1:35 am here. Going to kill time by finishing up Dragon Quest 3.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm up, heh.

i think there's 45 mins left.
I dont know where the video will show up, but probably on the youtube smash channel, and hopefully twitter.

Top Bottom