• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hero/Villian discussion thread

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
This thread is for discussing-what else-Comic book heroes and villians. Comics have given us countless complex and confusing characters(sorry for the Alliteration). This is a place to discuss characters, motives, major events, and whatever else in comics. Im sure that we'll many good arguments in regards to our favorite characters.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddd DISCUSS!!!!

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I love how psychotic and creepy The Joker is. The way Heath Ledger portrayed him was brilliant. R.I.P. I really hope they don't make a sequel to that.

I love Super Heroes and Super Villains. I hated watching X-Men Origins Wolverine because they named the little clone thing Deadpool and he was nothing like Deadpool.

But, yea I hope this thread takes off. My suggestion is don't force discussion on certain characters.

Venom + Spidey is win!!!!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I love how psychotic and creepy The Joker is. The way Heath Ledger portrayed him was brilliant. R.I.P. I really hope they don't make a sequel to that.
Nolan's series of Batman films is to be a trilogy, so there will be a sequel to TDK, but the villain hasn't been confirmed as far as I'm aware. They could cast someone else for Joker (which I agree that I would hate), but there are plenty of untouched villains in Batman's list of enemies.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I heard Johnny Depp was supposed to become The Riddler.

Also, they are supposedly coming out with a Venom movie. I'm psyched for that movie, hopefully no Topher Grace and lots of Venom. I'm ready for Avengers as well. That's gonna be a **** load of money in Marvels pockets.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, very hyped for upcoming Thor/Captain America/Avengers films too :cool: So far they've done well with the movies imo, I just hope they can keep it up.

I've never heard that they were making a Venom movie, but I am interested in seeing how the Spider-Man reboot turns out.

EDIT: Also, yeah, Topher as Venom was a big no-no. Can't imagine what they were thinking with that one.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Chris Nolan said he wasn't comfortable bringing the Joker character back for Batman 3. That is about as much as has been officially declared. There are a bunch of crazy rumors going around about a bunch of people as the Riddler but I wouldn't look into any of those yet.

I would love to see Jim Carrey play the Riddler again, in a Nolan Batman movie. Not joking at all.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I think Clayface would be an excellent villain to bring up in the next one. You've got the whole being-able-to-look-like-other-people thriller aspect that I'm sure Nolan loves.

Oooooooooor, I think Nolan would also be very good at making a Batman Beyond movie for his third.

Zac Efron as Terry? :DDD

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Batman Beyond?

Isn't that the one where it's all futuristic and stuff? Bruce Wayne is the new kids mentor and The Joker comes back from the grave and stuff? I used to watch that, if that's what we're talking about.

And, yeah a Venom movie is supposedly in the works according to Wikipedia. I'm really not excited for the Spidey reboot after the failure that was Spiderman 3. I literally was so excited for that movie that I would go to wikipedia every day just to check updates. Big waste of time now that I look at it, oh well, took about a minute, so doing the math I wasted about 400 minutes of my life lol.

Zac Efron is actually a good actor IMO. He's just too pretty boyish.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
You know, I thought Topher Grace did a pretty decent job playing Venom. It could've been better, sure, but with the movie we got (i actually enjoyed most of it, sans the whole EMOSPIDEY thing), it couldve been worse. Also, any comments on Joseph Gorden-Levet playing the Riddler?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Oh, I've yet to go see that movie. As of late I haven't been going out much.

BTW The New Spider Man has been chose. His name is Andrew Garfield. I have no clue who this kid is but, hopefully this turns out to be a good decision.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
****, I was really hoping it'd be Donald Glover.

Wikipedia said:
There was a campaign on Twitter, "#donald4spiderman", for Glover to be allowed to audition for the role of Peter Parker in the upcoming Spider-Man film. The campaign, originally started to see how far social networking could carry a message, quickly got a large following. The call for Glover to be allowed to audition for the role despite his race was supported by Spider-Man creator Stan Lee and Ultimate Spider-Man writer Brian Bendis. Although the campaign was considered a success, Glover was not awarded an audition, and the role of Peter Parker instead going to relative unknown Andrew Garfield.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
What are you saying? That a black man such as myself can't be Spiderman?

Any ways, I think it was nice what the people on Twitter were trying to do. I just hope this doesn't turn into Twilight Spider vs Venom.

That would be uncool.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I'm bumping this because this is a really cool thread. (Idea wise).

But, who is y'alls fave super hero/super villain?

I really like Magneto, Venom, Carnage, Deadpool, and Spider-Man.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Sinestro and Green Lantern quickly became one of my favorite hero/nemesis duos out of nowhere. I don't know why. There's just something cool about their history together, and their enmity, and generally everything. Spiderman and Venom will always hold a place in my heart, though, I suppose. Did anyone ever see the most recent Spiderman animated series? It was surprisingly good, and I loved the way Venom was portrayed in it. It's equal with the 90's series in my opinion.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Favorite Hero/Villian relationship, Batman/Joker. Neither would be very interesting without the other.
I also like Prof. Xavier/Magneto, cuz their just cool

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry. I read the thread but I have not even a modicum of what the topic is trying to narrow down to. Is it a general comic book discussion? Is it a character discussion? Is it a comic book movie discussion?

I'd be happy to give my two cents on the DC Universe seeing that I am quite fond of the Batman mythos and all those surrounding it (i.e. crossovers).

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Batman has always been my favorite hero.

I like essentially all of the villains from that series. Can't wait for the third, should be awesome, regardless of who the villain is.

I live in Chicago and I get all giddy whenever I drive through the section of downtown where the car chase scene was shot.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Green Lantern is epic. Best of the Justice League. I like Flash too. And then of course there's Aquaman, the perennial loser of the league.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Well, for the GL thing, The white guys name is Hal Jordan, the black guys name is Jon Stewert, and theres about a million others. Hal still remains the main one, hes even getting a movie, but others such as Jon and Guy Gardener(another white guy) take a back seat

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
See, I knew there was more than one Green Lantern cause there is like a league of them with the rings. But, you choose Stewart to star in a TV show for kids is beyond me. I think it was to attract the black viewers.

RATED

Smash Lord
I heard Johnny Depp was supposed to become The Riddler.

Also, they are supposedly coming out with a Venom movie. I'm psyched for that movie, hopefully no Topher Grace and lots of Venom. I'm ready for Avengers as well. That's gonna be a **** load of money in Marvels pockets.
old thread, but whatever... if Johnny deep is or were to become the actor of The Riddler... I will cry my self, I hate his stupid goofy way of acting.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^ I think Johnny Deep is a great actor. He'd make a good riddler, but I really hope that Riddler isn't the final villain. For the finale of Batman I think the Black Mask and perhaps ClayFace would make appropriate villains.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
*hopes* I WANT JOKER BACK! AT LEAST END HIS STORY!!!

Top Bottom