• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl:
Kappa MikeyGonardEdgar and EllenVendettaRicky Sprocket
Lil' RobMartin MysteryJavaRock ZillaAgent Xero
Dora and BootsSwiperDiegoBluePablo
Robbie RottenMarshallPhredKid DangerKel Kimble
Rango (DLC)Optimus Prime (DLC)Sonic (DLC)Jean-Luc Picard (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)

Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl 2:
Kappa MikeyGuanoVendettaMartin MysteryKaput and Zosky
Lil' RobBlake MeyersRock ZillaDora and BootsDiego
BluePabloSportacusMarshallSkye
David the GnomePhredKid DangerRangoOptimus Prime
Maurecia (DLC)Knuckles (DLC)Shadow (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)Bumblebee (DLC)

As you can see, I mainly went for Nicktoons Network and Nick Jr. as a basis, and went for the same level of outrage as mainline NASB 2.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl:
Kappa MikeyGonardEdgar and EllenVendettaRicky Sprocket
Lil' RobMartin MysteryJavaRock ZillaAgent Xero
Dora and BootsSwiperDiegoBluePablo
Robbie RottenMarshallPhredKid DangerKel Kimble
Rango (DLC)Optimus Prime (DLC)Sonic (DLC)Jean-Luc Picard (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)

Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl 2:
Kappa MikeyGuanoVendettaMartin MysteryKaput and Zosky
Lil' RobBlake MeyersRock ZillaDora and BootsDiego
BluePabloSportacusMarshallSkye
David the GnomePhredKid DangerRangoOptimus Prime
Maurecia (DLC)Knuckles (DLC)Shadow (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)Bumblebee (DLC)

As you can see, I mainly went for Nicktoons Network and Nick Jr. as a basis, and went for the same level of outrage as mainline NASB 2.

>No Inspector Gadget?
>No Muppet Babies?
>No Rocky & Bullwinkle?
>No Warner Brothers content? (They aired Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs)
>No Butt-Ugly Martians?
>No Gumby?
>No Yakkity Yak?

At least it has David the Gnome. Keep the ones i said for a future All-Star Brawl with Nick's acquired programming (And Honey Halfwitch too).

Last edited:

>No Inspector Gadget?
>No Muppet Babies?
>No Rocky & Bullwinkle?
>No Warner Brothers content? (They aired Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs)
>No Butt-Ugly Martians?
>No Gumby?
>No Yakkity Yak?

At least it has David the Gnome. Keep the ones i said for a future All-Star Brawl with Nick's acquired programming (And Honey Halfwitch too).
I nearly added Yakkity Yak, and the Butt-Ugly Martians were considered. It's just that the Muppets are now owned by Disney, WB already has MultiVersus, and I specifically went against adding stuff from mainline Nickelodeon, as the home network with all the viewers already had plenty of characters to choose from in-house.

When I said "All-Spinoff", I meant Nicktoons Network, Nick Jr. and Noggin, Teennick, Nickelodeon Movies, and general Paramount. As such, third-party shows on Nick or Nick at Nite were off the table as far as I was concerned.

That said, what do you think about the actual rosters? Do you think I was too nice in the transition from 1 to 2?

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's a roster I whipped up for a "Double Smash", being a tag-team fighter. You can mix and match teams, but each preset team has a unique "Dual Final Smash" attached to them.

• I wanted each team's members to stand out on their own and not really feel like one team's members were just clones of each other,so picks like Birdo, Paula, and Louie were left on the table because of that.
  • With the Zelda reps, I wanted each team to represent an "era" of the franchise, with Link/Sidon representing BoTW/ToTK and Zelda/Impa representing OoT. The only semi-exception is Ganondorf and Ghirahim, but I couldn't think of much for Ganondorf, so I decided to give him his Hyrule Warriors look to connect the two somehow.
  • You could make a case for the Baby Metroid as Samus' partner, but I don't think it'd be too compelling (maybe it's the Omega Metroid advocate in me talking), so Anthony it is.
  • Same case for Kraid or Mother Brain as Ridley's partner, but honestly, playing as a more nimble space pirate is a lot more compelling to me personally.
  • Jeff was picken specifically because I thought he'd be the most different playstyle-wise from Ness out of the EarthBound party.
  • I could swap BWD and Meta Knight's placements around.
  • If there's anything on this roster I'm not 100% content with, it's the Pokemon picks. I'd keep the Gen 1 teams, but I couldn't find much I was satisfied with for a third team outside of Lugia and Ho-Oh.
  • Honorable mentions: K. Rool, Toon Link/Tetra, Lucas/Kumatora, Sonic/Tails, and Richter/Alucard.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Liked FazDudes idea of doubles Smash but went another approach with it going game by game

:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultfox::ultfalcon:
:ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultjigglypuff:Gooey:ultfalco: (E)Mr. Zero

:ultdk::ultbowser::ultganondorf: (E)Balloon Fighter:ultmarth::ultcharizard::ultness:
:ultdiddy:KamekDark Link (E)Balloon Kid/Alice (E)Navarre (E):ultpichu:(E)Jeff

Cuts
:ultjigglypuff: , Dark Link, :ultmarth: , Navarre, :ultpichu:

Newcomers/Updated doubles
:ultmario: (V):ultyoshi: (V):ultwario::ultganondorf: (V):ultpikachu:(V):ultcharizard:(V):ultmetaknight::ultike::ultsamus::ultgnw:
:ultpeach::ultluigi:AshleyZant:ultlucario:Empoleon:ultkingdedede:MicaiahAdam
Malkovich
:ultrob:
:ultsnake::ultsonic:
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts
:ultsnake: , Meryl

Newcomers/Updated Doubles
:ultvillager:Charlie:ultpit::ultrobin::4mii::ultbowser:(V)Dry Bowser (E):ultpikachu: (V):ultlucario: (V)
:ultisabelle:Louie:ultpalutena::ultchrom::ultwiifittrainer::ultbowserjr:KamekChesnaught:ultmewtwo:

X-DLC-:ultjigglypuff: (V):ultmarth: (V):ultryu::ultcloud:
Zero:ultpichu: (V)TikiChun LiTifa Lockhart

:ultinkling::ultridley:AlucardNavarre (V)Dark Link (V)Dixie Kong (E):ultshulk:
Sheldon:ultdarksamus: (E):ultrichter:Anna (E)Phantom Ganon (E)Funky Kong (E)Dunban

FP1
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Flame Emperor
LakituVioletSlimeMumbo JumboJoe HigashiDeath Knight

FP2
:ultminmin:ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultkazuya::ultsora:
Lola PopIron GolemRufus Shinra:ultmythra:Nina WilliamsRiku

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Liked FazDudes idea of doubles Smash but went another approach with it going game by game

:ultdk::ultbowser::ultganondorf: (E)Balloon Fighter:ultmarth::ultcharizard::ultness:

Cuts

:ultmario: (V):ultyoshi: (V):ultwario::ultganondorf: (V):ultpikachu:(V):ultcharizard:(V):ultmetaknight::ultike::ultsamus::ultgnw:
Malkovich
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts

:ultvillager:Charlie:ultpit::ultrobin::4mii::ultbowser:(V)Dry Bowser (E):ultpikachu: (V):ultlucario: (V)
:ultisabelle:Louie:ultpalutena::ultchrom::ultwiifittrainer::ultbowserjr:KamekChesnaught:ultmewtwo:

Sheldon:ultdarksamus: (E):ultrichter:Anna (E)Phantom Ganon (E)Funky Kong (E)Dunban

FP1

FP2
If Pac-Man was there, should he be paired with Ms. Pac-Man or one of the Ghosts?

FazDude

Smash Master
If Pac-Man was there, should he be paired with Ms. Pac-Man or one of the Ghosts?
I'd personally pick Orson - I wouldn't want a team to have its members play mostly the same, so no Ms. Pac, and while Mr. Pac and Blinky have teamed up before in PMW3, it was mainly a one-off thing.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Yikes i cant believe i forgot Pac-man. I probably wouldnt have done either. Ms. Pac-Man would be perfect but know things are legally complicated there & i see the Ghosts as an enemy of Pac-Man & not really a good fit as a doubles ally.

I probably would have done Prof. Pac-Man or Chomp-Chomp depending on what Namco may or may not own.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

Cuts

Malkovich
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts

FP1

FP2
Honestly, this is a fascinating thing to see explored, especially with how it brings to light some weirder characters here and there who'd be really unlikely to see otherwise. Loving some of these picks too, there's a ton of eclectic ones I wouldn't have expected at all!

I don't know if it's my place to respond to this, but personally - I'd go for Miru from Pac & Pal.

She's in a good position to be a unique character mechanically - after all, she is another ghost - but given she's literally Pac-Man's pal, it feels like it makes more sense for her as opposed to, say, Blinky or the Ghost Gang as a whole. Plus, you could easily represent them through alts and the like, and this kind of keeps Pac-Man's arcade-era focus as seen in the Smash series into focus :)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here's a roster I whipped up for a "Double Smash", being a tag-team fighter. You can mix and match teams, but each preset team has a unique "Dual Final Smash" attached to them.

• I wanted each team's members to stand out on their own and not really feel like one team's members were just clones of each other,so picks like Birdo, Paula, and Louie were left on the table because of that.
  • With the Zelda reps, I wanted each team to represent an "era" of the franchise, with Link/Sidon representing BoTW/ToTK and Zelda/Impa representing OoT. The only semi-exception is Ganondorf and Ghirahim, but I couldn't think of much for Ganondorf, so I decided to give him his Hyrule Warriors look to connect the two somehow.
  • You could make a case for the Baby Metroid as Samus' partner, but I don't think it'd be too compelling (maybe it's the Omega Metroid advocate in me talking), so Anthony it is.
  • Same case for Kraid or Mother Brain as Ridley's partner, but honestly, playing as a more nimble space pirate is a lot more compelling to me personally.
  • Jeff was picken specifically because I thought he'd be the most different playstyle-wise from Ness out of the EarthBound party.
  • I could swap BWD and Meta Knight's placements around.
  • If there's anything on this roster I'm not 100% content with, it's the Pokemon picks. I'd keep the Gen 1 teams, but I couldn't find much I was satisfied with for a third team outside of Lugia and Ho-Oh.
  • Honorable mentions: K. Rool, Toon Link/Tetra, Lucas/Kumatora, Sonic/Tails, and Richter/Alucard.

Cuts

Malkovich
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts

FP1

FP2

This seems like a cool idea, and I’ll just do something like FazDude’s.
Mario-Luigi
Peach-Daisy
Yoshi-Koopa Troopa (This is based on Mario Power Tennis)
Wario-Waluigi
Bowser-Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong-Diddy Kong
Little Mac-Glass Joe
Link-Zelda
Ganondorf-Ganon
Toon Link-Tetra
Samus-Anthony Higgs
Ridley-Dark Samus
Pit-Palutena
Marth-Tiki
Chrom-Robin