• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here is a list of all the stages in Brawl (spoilers).....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is a list of all of the stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld]
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong Arcade
Bridge of Eldin
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Battleship Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town
Castle Siege
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
Smashville
New Pork City
The Summit
Skyworld
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone

PAST STAGES
Rainbow Ride
Temple
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Corneria
Big Blue
Onett
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes

There are 41 stages in the game.

dude984

Smash Cadet
nice. Do you mind maybe posting images/vids of some stages we havn't seen yet?
Thanks ChronoBound...I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps the Mushroomy Kingdom World 1-1 and 1-2 are considered different maps? In which case we'd have our 41.

retard18426

Smash Rookie
My biggest disappointment is the absence of Fountain of Dreams on that list of returning stages from Melee. It was such a great stage for a simple, balanced battle on a basic yet beautiful arena, set to the most gorgeous musical track in the whole game. I just can't believe they chose Green Greens over it, I hate that stage.

Actually, I find this a lot more disappointing than any detail of the roster, but I suppose I will get over it with all these great new stages to enjoy. Does anyone have screenshots of Flat Zone 2? I'm curious to see if it looks as quirky as the original was.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Seriously, why no 64 stages? That's ridiculous. Saffron and Hyrule Castle were some of the most-wanted stages, and Dream Land was very popular in both 64 and Melee.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle and Saffron City were really good levels, but I really do like the choices from Melee. Rainbow Ride, Brinstar, and Onett are really the only ones I don't particularly care for, and even those aren't that bad. I'm getting over the roster letdown, and the stages are really good from what it seems.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, why no 64 stages? That's ridiculous. Saffron and Hyrule Castle were some of the most-wanted stages, and Dream Land was very popular in both 64 and Melee.
QFT, those are three of my all-time favorite stages. I guess I'll have to be satisfied recreating them in the Stage Builder :)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
ROB doesn't have a stage yet, so maybe the 41st stage is his.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
No Fountain of Dreams aww that's disappointing, but then again I can't see brawl with out a stage that didn't had old Wispy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
:(

Luigi's Mansion is the only stage I wanted that I got in.

Really disappointing.

iankobe

Smash Lord
My biggest disappointment is the absence of Fountain of Dreams on that list of returning stages from Melee. It was such a great stage for a simple, balanced battle on a basic yet beautiful arena, set to the most gorgeous musical track in the whole game. I just can't believe they chose Green Greens over it, I hate that stage.

Actually, I find this a lot more disappointing than any detail of the roster, but I suppose I will get over it with all these great new stages to enjoy. Does anyone have screenshots of Flat Zone 2? I'm curious to see if it looks as quirky as the original was.
I agree. FOD is one of the stages among all of the rest in Melee. Seriously, I don't even think that I'd play at Temple.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
The 41st stage is a giant landmaster tank.
HAHAHAHA !! Good one.

I'd believe it.

But seriously, I am so surprised with the amount of stages that don't have a character to represent them- So far there are at least three: Electroplankton, Pictochat, and Smashville.

I would believe a stage for R.O.B. fo sho.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Man, this roster sux. Sakurai fails.

LOL jk.

No Fountain of Dreams is sad (and odd), but Jungle Japes and original Pokemon Stadium is cool. I agree that there are too many Mario stages, and one more thing.

3 Starfox reps, but still only one new stage? That's odd.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I hate to say it, but even the number of stages is frightfully lacking.

Although, Melee only had 29 (I think), so 41 is a pretty big leap from there. Not to mention the fact that the new ones all have a lot more work put into them.

Except Luigi's Mansion, they screwed that one up big time.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Two most important parts of Smash: The characters and the stages. Sakurai dropped the ball on both. If I made a list of the 64 and Melee stages that should get in, maybe two of them are in this game. Seriously, what the heck?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I hate to say it, but even the number of stages is frightfully lacking.

Although, Melee only had 29 (I think), so 41 is a pretty big leap from there. Not to mention the fact that the new ones all have a lot more work put into them.

Except Luigi's Mansion, they screwed that one up big time.
At least he brought back Big Blue. :ohwell:

There is still one more stage that has not been unlocked. However, it is looking to be that Kirby, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong received less stages than in Melee.

Talendime

Smash Ace
At least he brought back Big Blue. :ohwell:

There is still one more stage that has not been unlocked. However, it is looking to be that Kirby, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong received less stages than in Melee.

That's pretty odd that there's just some random stage nobody's seen yet. I hope it's for DK though. BIG TIME.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Two most important parts of Smash: The characters and the stages. Sakurai dropped the ball on both. If I made a list of the 64 and Melee stages that should get in, maybe two of them are in this game. Seriously, what the heck?
And you expected Sakurai and the team to cater to your exact specific needs? Seriously, what the heck?

You're going to just have to deal with it, and trust me, come MArch you're going to be having fun with it anyway.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I'm hoping Fire Emblem gets an added stage... its the only long lived Nintendo series with 1 stage... which makes me sad...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
And you expected Sakurai and the team to cater to your exact specific needs? Seriously, what the heck?

You're going to just have to deal with it, and trust me, come MArch you're going to be having fun with it anyway.
You really need to go away. Over and over and over again, you run around, and you say all of this condescending crap, and you have no idea what you're even talking about. You are WAAAAYYY too presumptuous when in reality you know absolutely nothing.

Stages I wanted were stages LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of people wanted. He put in the crappy Melee stages and NO 64 stages. Yes, I have EVERY FRIGGIN' RIGHT to complain. If I'm going to shell out the money, I am a critic. So, that means I can criticize the creator of the game.

Don't me crap about having fun with the game or playing it anyway. That is a cop-out. I have high expectations, AS I SHOULD for this game. It fell short, and I'm point that out. Not because it didn't cater to me specifically, but it fell short for everyone, except for the most blindly-accepting ones. It didn't cater to everyone out there except me; I am not so arrogant.

My desires revolve heavily around what most people want. If I'm pointing out flaws and complaining, that's saying something. It means I'm not the only one. And look around you, I'm NOT the only one. I have plenty of friends around here who don't check Smashboards or anything. They don't go into great detail in research and all of this. They just play Smash. I shared the additional roster and whatnot with them, and every...single...one of them was disappointed to some extent. They all wanted Ridley, even ones who'd scarcely played a Metroid game. He was just a wanted character.

Expand your horizons. The world is bigger than SWF, and I'm telling you that accross the board, people are disappointed. People who don't check any Brawl sites liked/wanted certain stages and hopes for others to return. All of those hopes were dashed. I'm expressing that, and I have every right to. So how about you pull your head out of your butt and wake up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you...If you're satisfied, great. But plenty of others out there are upset that Brawl fell quite short of being the masterpiece it could have been.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You really need to go away. Over and over and over again, you run around, and you say all of this condescending crap, and you have no idea what you're even talking about. You are WAAAAYYY too presumptuous when in reality you know absolutely nothing.

Stages I wanted were stages LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of people wanted. He put in the crappy Melee stages and NO 64 stages. Yes, I have EVERY FRIGGIN' RIGHT to complain. If I'm going to shell out the money, I am a critic. So, that means I can criticize the creator of the game.

Don't me crap about having fun with the game or playing it anyway. That is a cop-out. I have high expectations, AS I SHOULD for this game. It fell short, and I'm point that out. Not because it didn't cater to me specifically, but it fell short for everyone, except for the most blindly-accepting ones. It didn't cater to everyone out there except me; I am not so arrogant.

My desires revolve heavily around what most people want. If I'm pointing out flaws and complaining, that's saying something. It means I'm not the only one. And look around you, I'm NOT the only one. I have plenty of friends around here who don't check Smashboards or anything. They don't go into great detail in research and all of this. They just play Smash. I shared the additional roster and whatnot with them, and every...single...one of them was disappointed to some extent. They all wanted Ridley, even ones who'd scarcely played a Metroid game. He was just a wanted character.

Expand your horizons. The world is bigger than SWF, and I'm telling you that accross the board, people are disappointed. People who don't check any Brawl sites liked/wanted certain stages and hopes for others to return. All of those hopes were dashed. I'm expressing that, and I have every right to. So how about you pull your head out of your butt and wake up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you...If you're satisfied, great. But plenty of others out there are upset that Brawl fell quite short of being the masterpiece it could have been.
tl;dr

Did I say I was satisfied? No. Is there anything you or me can do about what's already in the game? No. End of story.

Also, did I say you can't be a critic? No!

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Kay, does anybody know if Green Hill Zone scrolls or... you know... anything?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's in, but so far all we've got is that one sorta blurry pic of it. If anybody knows anything more about it, do share. :D

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Kay, does anybody know if Green Hill Zone scrolls or... you know... anything?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's in, but so far all we've got is that one sorta blurry pic of it. If anybody knows anything more about it, do share. :D
I don't think it does. It just looks like a big stationary curvy from what I've seen.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I made a thread on how there wasnt gonna be no N64 stages...I knew they wouldnt have room because I only anticispated 36 charcters..well I was one off..so knowing that alone I assumed there would only be a lil more stages then there are characters and I just wasnt able to see N64 coming back...Like if theres a SSB4...I can gurantee that there will be no Melee stages in there..only Brawl...I hope this makes sense...

kaboom0190

Smash Rookie
I think there should be one more starfox stage imo. With 3 characters (even though they all have the same final smash!?), i wouldn't mind seeing another stage, more specificaly, a Wolf stage. Or even a SF Adventures or Assult themed one would be cool.

P.S. Im really hoping the main Cornaria theme from the SNES Starfox makes it in. I love that song lol

Rakath

Smash Ace
I think there should be one more starfox stage imo. With 3 characters (even though they all have the same final smash!?), i wouldn't mind seeing another stage, more specificaly, a Wolf stage. Or even a SF Adventures or Assult themed one would be cool.

P.S. Im really hoping the main Cornaria theme from the SNES Starfox makes it in. I love that song lol
Math not exaclty covering it. Mario, Mario Spinoffs, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, Game&Watch, Mother, F-Zero, and Third Parties all have Equal/More stages to characters. Pokemon, Zelda, Star Fox, Kirby, and Fire Emblem have less. However, All of them have 2 Stages but FE. I mean by your logic Pokemon has another stage, as do Zelda, Kirby, and FE. But they all equally have two.

Its probably an unrelated stage, or a Fire Emblem Stage... maybe a Zelda or Kirby stage. That's it.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
Drat, Dream Land 64 was one of my favorites. Pokefloats is gone too.

On the bright side, all the new ones I've seen look good, and I'm happy to see Corneria, Rainbow Ride, and Big Blue returning (although Sector Z was cooler than Corneria, I think).

Shark X

Smash Lord
Whispy Woods had to have a level, just like Great Fox did. Both have always been in Shasm games. Though Dreamland would of been 100 times better choice, as Green Greens was horrible.

Out of returning levels...I hate them all. Especially Rainbow Ride, Yoshi's Island, Corneria (I prefered 64's bigger version), Big Blue, Green Greens, and...maybe one other. Temple and Onett, I'm just sick of. Brinstar, yay, first character clones, now stage clones. At least I always somewhat liked Brinstar. Pokemon Stadium is probably the only one I'm glad is returning, for now. I don't know about Pokemon Stadium 2 yet. I could like it, or hate it. But if I hate it, it's nice I have Pokemon Stadium 1 to fall back on. Jungle Japes kind of depends. I don't remember which DK level this was. If it's the Waterfalls (which for some reason I kept thinking was called Rumble Falls, until I remembered that was Brawl's DK stage name), then I somewhat like it. If it's Cranky's Cabin, I hate it.

Either way, I'm looking forward to half of Brawls levels, especially Green Hill Zone, and Mario Kart.

Top Bottom